Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I was considering importing this one so I may get this from them since it would probably cost around the same price to import unless they are over charging for the release.

GAw4w7uXoAAteRs

Hey guys I kept having problems trying to order the Persona 3 portable Geimorie Edition awhile back but I was eventually able to order it well I got on today to order Persona 4 and I noticed that my version selected was the PS4 version when I was intending on getting the Switch version. Has anyone had any luck with getting your platform of choice swapped?

Hey guys I kept having problems trying to order the Persona 3 portable Geimorie Edition awhile back but I was eventually able to order it well I got on today to order Persona 4 and I noticed that my version selected was the PS4 version when I was intending on getting the Switch version. Has anyone had any luck with getting your platform of choice swapped?
Happened to me once too. I filed a ticket and they took care of it the same day.

Man I wish I was getting the steelbook editions but one of each (4 copies total) at that price doesn't make sense. That would have been > $300.

I bought an extra set of standard Switch versions and the chipboard box instead and that will make for nice trade bait.

in 2025.

Part of me wonders if LRG is surviving solely because the logistics of shuttering them would be painful. They hid the numbers, but consider that they release at least one game (and usually multiple SKUs of it) every single week. Even if they're only scraping by with MOQ, that means they have millions and millions of dollars in unfulfilled sales. If they got shuttered there would still be a very long, very cash flow negative tail to closing the company.

Given how many tweets Josh made and how many emails they sent out trying to pump up Persona's sales, I can't imagine the outlook is rosy. But I can also see a future where it's more of a headache than it's worth for Embracer when there are bigger and more expensive fish to fry.

Part of me wonders if LRG is surviving solely because the logistics of shuttering them would be painful. They hid the numbers, but consider that they release at least one game (and usually multiple SKUs of it) every single week. Even if they're only scraping by with MOQ, that means they have millions and millions of dollars in unfulfilled sales. If they got shuttered there would still be a very long, very cash flow negative tail to closing the company.

Given how many tweets Josh made and how many emails they sent out trying to pump up Persona's sales, I can't imagine the outlook is rosy. But I can also see a future where it's more of a headache than it's worth for Embracer when there are bigger and more expensive fish to fry.

Honestly, not all of the studios Embracer shuttered were all that surprised to me... FreeRadical is known/loved for TimeSplitters but they were restructured and haven't done shit for a decade. I doubt LRG is going anywhere any time soon, even if they do shut it down, there'd likely be a lot of fallout from unfulfilled orders.

I’m just happy I got my last shipping notification over the weekend. Konami Arcade Classic is now getting ready to ship for me, so for the first time in literally years I don’t have a single pending order with LRG. Well, aside from Bird King for Vita, but we all know getting them to make good on that promise is a pipe dream at this point.

One of the worst "games" I ever played. I almost would rather play ET on 2600......

ET get's shitted on way too much. The instructions for that game are pretty much a mandatory read and it all makes sense after that. Finding the phone parts, phoning home, using the candy to get Eliot to reset the bad guys and retrieve a part... and how each screen had some action tied to it. It was also kind of an early roguelite since everything was randomized.

Another Embracer Group studio shuttered.

I need that Death meme going to down from door to door with LRG somewhere down the line... Better hope they're cashflow-positive.

That company was already on the chopping block. Not too shocked they didn't survive when they've done so little with such a huge staff for so long.

Someone in a Facebook Group posted an updated prototype for the Shantae statue. The $135 one that required you to buy a bunch of stuff I think?

Anywho, it looks barely above a Banpresto crane game figure. Not a $100 figure.

This was the original marketing silhouette:

FB_IMG_1702417387215.jpg

This was before it was officially revealed and was used as a way to peddle the CEs, since that was how the acrylics were sold. They later also sold acrlics through the Game Boy cases.

This was the mock-up from their site when it was officially sold:
Shantae_Statue_Banner_Announcement.png

The mock-up looks mostly close to the latter, but the face looks messed up. It looks like prize figure quality at Kotobukiya/ArtFX pricing.

I don't buy figurines... but, it doesn't look that different than the art when it was sold. The two look pretty close to identical just at slightly different angles. I'm not saying it looks worth what they were selling it at... just that it doesn't look like any kind of bait and switch from when it was sold.

I don't buy figurines... but, it doesn't look that different than the art when it was sold. The two look pretty close to identical just at slightly different angles. I'm not saying it looks worth what they were selling it at... just that it doesn't look like any kind of bait and switch from when it was sold.
20231212_143515.jpg

Generally, that's the sort of quality you'd see from a prize figure; they're typically in claw machines and the like or in the <$50 range if bought a la carte. The paint/proportions aren't perfect and it's kinda expected since it's a more budget figure. There's nothing wrong with them per se, you just know what you're signing up for.

This was $135, which is in line with the cheaper end of scale figures and are typically a higher quality. They're certainly no Prime 1 at that price, but things like Static Arts, Kotobukiya/ArtFX are in that range and they have some banger figures.

So I guess to clarify - what surprises me is moreso the price compared to the quality. The original silhouette is very misleading, but I'm willing to give them some leeway because that wasn't the image used when it was up for sale (though I'm sure it did sell some CEs for the fitted acrylics).

So I guess to clarify - what surprises me is moreso the price compared to the quality. The original silhouette is very misleading, but I'm willing to give them some leeway because that wasn't the image used when it was up for sale (though I'm sure it did sell some CEs for the fitted acrylics).
The original silhouette has the fine print blurb below it, "* Statue art is a work in progress and subject to change."

It looked cheap to me from the start with the little cheap inserts before the statue was ever revealed. Also it all seems over priced even if were half the price or heck even at 1/4 the price and it included all the inserts. But the image when they sold the figure looks identical to the final product, just being shown at a different angle.

Has LRG ever made anything higher quality than this on the statue side?

I'd like to get this. It's numbered so I assume this is only available through their website. If things start shipping as quick as Castlevania Advance Collection and Gargoyles shipped, I'm more likely to buy. Decisions.
The Japanese release is already out, includes English, and has a bonus game with it.

I'd like to get this. It's numbered so I assume this is only available through their website. If things start shipping as quick as Castlevania Advance Collection and Gargoyles shipped, I'm more likely to buy. Decisions.

I didn't think they would get this one so I am going to purchase it. I was going to import but I decided against it because of shipping costs. I'm going to do the usual wait and see if I can pair it with something else. I have my fingers crossed that El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON HD Remaster for Switch will get announced for preorder. I've got until 1/14/24 to see if I can pair it with something.

The Japanese release is already out, includes English, and has a bonus game with it.
Has it been confirmed by LRG or the devs that this release of Devil Engine doesn't include 1993 Shenadoah? I've been wondering this myself. On the Japanese Switch release the bonus game is actually on the cart, so there's a chance LRG used the same build.

Cosmic Fantasy... while I have no history with those games, I watched a video on them and I'd probably be down for a standard version on switch.
I'm in the same boat with you on it. It looks like the type of game that's right up my alley. Hopefully it will get a Amazon distribute as I just got out of dealing with LRG directly and I really..really don't want to get back into it. lol

I'm in the same boat with you on it. It looks like the type of game that's right up my alley. Hopefully it will get a Amazon distribute as I just got out of dealing with LRG directly and I really..really don't want to get back into it. lol

I've been out for long enough (from direct lrg purchases) now that I can probably weather a single standard release without much trepidation. Of course I say that now and if this ends up one of those things that takes years to get a standard release out... I'll probably not be a happy camper. Hopefully they stick with the change of having games deeper into the process of publishing before offering them for sale.

Seeing VGP has Astro Aqua Kitty PS5 and Jamestown+ PS4 in stock now, hopefully that means my order for those 2 will be shipping very soon. Received my first package from LRG this week with Castlevania Advance, Gargoyles, JP Collection, and Koumajou Remilia SS. That was as close to Christmas as I'll get this year.

I understand why they do it (marquee releases attract new customers, they want to leave a good impression to encourage repeat business) but it's also kinda irksome that LRG decides to expedite releases like this while orders from 2021 and 2022 spend months in their warehouse "ready to ship". They've proven they have the ability to do things on a quick turnaround, but they only actually execute in that manner on a handful of titles in a year.

There are currently multiple sellers with copies of Shantae Pirate's Curse LRG CE and a few that have already sold. I know this got brought up here before but something about this is just... shady.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266541214744?hash=item3e0f182c18:g:ysUAAOSwpXZlZ-Dl&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4HjtFZnf/T9GLCA7SvX5lZoH49K73auqzLyXWcGSp0iOOIl4MJuixm8ve0QwX/sNbP7GWcS493/0dWoNDmZiegNwbbmkQD/LnmfZUxzt5jqs1CRU5t8YMdMQjl3xfYpc2rCRw/ME06QWYlR8gYaGDO6JpeWGUtfx77+pYPhtyqmpUTXjTd5JBGYK2mkSbcsbPyh8MbZmKv0+9y7pchfVg/v9wvjVw2oapaZ+gLfIN6pQrywdYP2JPO8H1EPiefkMPqniAdocjczi+NpoAHG3Yp9dmlzw6hHIWR9x0ThpVKib|tkp:Bk9SR8abtISTYw
https://www.ebay.com/itm/186189523017?epid=225480624&hash=item2b59c2a849:g:Lx4AAOSwcQplaZHS&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4PiDu6XL/jecbSAnszvSMVVQ4WyP9zLnm73IJxSD+Z3+ngSMzivK6rZK+sVOygylrNFpgnAavxTRx4akxf4hKo4FiqKmZbJ/kllohw7qiXpDvWoLj+IvmMxWXx4zKkZKYMlmgbRZw4azmMB2CgT1Xreck4ybpmXqP8opIx4N4oa3NL+v6c3rl7AymXuH7mAdoWzzBVBpRO5bBY1+cAio0nlc7XCQZgXl4b3tJrfFbuSeVbowAWt9hEVpge+7cXSaSwuSMdu5moGVE2QdKA5UeWgJkODwULu1Jblj6ydK+3Zf|tkp:Bk9SR8ibtISTYw
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325907670451?epid=225480624&hash=item4be19c65b3:g:w7AAAOSw28ZlZ8UO&amdata=enc:AQAIAAABAG3+p/mGiXoudNScXRJdGXQV5Nbrg3CMAgjFiFkiJLf8/UUj8CMJSDrOKW5Kz+0jHVu/P7pIg5d38J/i51x15pbUgobSxUw2jLmcSaINfCTbaWftiets0iWmj3Pk9m/bgvvdv61LAZ42mRJr8bWIUj8rWl/WtVfXLJVeTef990lfqmpVw7pzfic/67Cq1H3cHcWn52/mLrMSXHFTdp0EQhZIxdxyh9+o4zLaSc4zu9KNqauLiaiD2rkqplHd8bZ/1FKToCrWEFw6vNrQ+LbLsh/A1SlNXLH73GEaQXXh1ODT3qx8FzFygbKtVEaUuA/qoSliT8kWNZuLQ7gb6piLsBs=|tkp:Bk9SR8abtISTYw

EDIT* Should have said more shady then generally LRG shady-ness.

bread's done
Back