Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
2023 LAST CHANCE CLOSEOUT SALE
10% off daily through 12/31. Discount applied at checkout.
The "we overstocked everything Bill & Ted and Scott Pilgrim" sale.

Looks like these titles are being sold off because their licenses will expire and any remaining copies will need to be destroyed on January 1:

Also applies to Bill & Ted digitally, since they published that digitally:

Doesn't bode well for them pursuing additional licenses for Carbon Engine or general big studio collaborations.
"Physical Forever" meant the plastic garbage they're sending straight to the landfill for stuff people never wanted. FFS, just make standard editions of games we want in a timely fashion, make a modest amount of profit from nostalgic dorks, and maybe do a special LE once every blue moon for those with more dollars than sense.

Anyone know, or have a guess what time the daily discount will go up another 10% each day? Will have 4 days to figure it out from experience, should be similar each day.

There's only 38 copies of Zombies Ate My Neighbors for Switch left, so I wouldn't wait for another 10% if that's what you're going for.

Unfortunately, B&T looks as bad as when I looked at it a year ago and it would be hard to justify regardless of the price. It's also missing the Atari Lynx game, which might be the best of the bunch.

I looked through the closeout stuff. I considered the regular switch version of Scott Pilgrim last week on BB when it was around $21, but it sold out while I was going through other games on sale. So seeing it sold out here makes sense. They have this Retro Edition which I would think is some kind of special edition with maybe some pins or something included in the big snes style box. But nope, it's just an snes style box and a cover variant. So even if it survives to 50% off on Saturday... that's still $32.49 plus tax and shipping. Nah, I'm good. It's digitally on sale for $4.90 on eshop right now anyway and I can just play the PS3 version if I don't get the switch version. The main reason I'd grab the switch version is I have a lot more switch controllers for same screen multiplayer.

Interesting sale. Even though I have an original SNES cart of Zombies. I might jump on the green SNES & Genesis repro's and the red Ghoul Patrol. Maybe...at 50% off.

I looked through the closeout stuff. I considered the regular switch version of Scott Pilgrim last week on BB when it was around $21, but it sold out while I was going through other games on sale. So seeing it sold out here makes sense. They have this Retro Edition which I would think is some kind of special edition with maybe some pins or something included in the big snes style box. But nope, it's just an snes style box and a cover variant. So even if it survives to 50% off on Saturday... that's still $32.49 plus tax and shipping. Nah, I'm good. It's digitally on sale for $4.90 on eshop right now anyway and I can just play the PS3 version if I don't get the switch version. The main reason I'd grab the switch version is I have a lot more switch controllers for same screen multiplayer.

I booted up the PS4 version of Scott Pilgrim after watching the anime on Netflix this past weekend. The game is not as fun as I remembered it being in the PS3/360 days. The physical KO edition looks cool though.

I booted up the PS4 version of Scott Pilgrim after watching the anime on Netflix this past weekend. The game is not as fun as I remembered it being in the PS3/360 days. The physical KO edition looks cool though.

I find myself drawn to the game, even though I never got that deep into the PS3 version. I always figured this would be a family game night type of thing... but it just hasn't happened ... especially as I moved on from PS3 to mainly Vita & 3DS and now mostly just Switch. I have my PS3 hooked up with the game downloaded, I really just need (edit typo) to play it on there and verify it's something I want on switch and just spend the $4.90 + tax while it's on sale.

I really need to push in 2024 to have family game nights. That seems like a resolution I could achieve.

Last edited:
I find myself drawn to the game, even though I never got that deep into the PS3 version. I always figured this would be a family game night type of thing... but it just hasn't happened ... especially as I moved on from PS3 to mainly Vita & 3DS and now mostly just Switch. I have my PS3 hooked up with the game downloaded, I really just just play it on there and verify it's something I want on switch and just spend the $4.90 + tax while it's on sale.

I really need to push in 2024 to have family game nights. That seems like a resolution I could achieve.
Oh I imagine it would be great for a game night. Especially if you have 4 players.

Scott Pilgrim and ZAMN are both sold out on Switch already.
Standard editions yes, they still have that snes boxed version of Scott Pilgrim ($64.99 before discount) and the collectors edition of Ghoul Patrol/ ZAMN ($99.99 before discount). Not that either of them are worth it even if they survive until Saturday and the 50% off.

2023 LAST CHANCE CLOSEOUT SALE
10% off daily through 12/31. Discount applied at checkout.

Looks like these titles are being sold off because their licenses will expire and any remaining copies will need to be destroyed on January 1:

Also applies to Bill & Ted digitally, since they published that digitally:

Doesn't bode well for them pursuing additional licenses for Carbon Engine or general big studio collaborations.

So I assume they are still having the New Years sale, this is just to avoid the licensing issue?

Not even sure there have been any games I'd be interested in for a sale this year.

So I assume they are still having the New Years sale, this is just to avoid the licensing issue?

Not even sure there have been any games I'd be interested in for a sale this year.
New Year Blowout Sale was moved to Presidents' Day (Feb. 19) to give the shipping queue time to clear out. Someone on Discord said they have 20k orders worth of stuff in the warehouse and I don't imagine that getting better between the holidays and all of the other stuff hitting their warehouse in the coming weeks.

For those of you that bought something during this sale, do any of your games say Status: Shipping Completed despite having just made the purchase?

Yeah, I’m not hyped for Bill & Ted at all but if they truly have to destroy the merch before Jan 1, they’ll probably throw even deeper surprise cuts this weekend. I’d be up for some super-cheap Bill & Ted.

Went back and took a look at the closeout stuff and it appears they’ve added stuff today. I’m pretty sure Turok 2 PS4 standalone and classic editions weren’t there this morning but now I’m seeing them available in the list. Not sure if anything else has been added.

Went back and took a look at the closeout stuff and it appears they’ve added stuff today. I’m pretty sure Turok 2 PS4 standalone and classic editions weren’t there this morning but now I’m seeing them available in the list. Not sure if anything else has been added.
Yeah, I don't remember that there before and they also added a bunch of Turok merch.

Nothing I wanted lasted long enough to reach the 40-50% off discount price. I was tempted at 30% because the Turok two pack was still available but I craved at least 40% off. I want to thank the fomo community for saving me money.

I seriously have no idea who is buying Super Nintendo carts for $59.99 in 2023.
Retro game collectors. Retrobit and I am 8 bit releases start at $50 and can got up to $150. At PRGE Retrobit had Mega Man Wily Wars for $60, Gleylancer for $50 and Valis Trilogy for $150. iam8bit had Garbage Pale Kids & Full Quiet on NES were $80 each. All of them sold out. The market is there for sure. There are brand new games being released for older consoles and official translations of region exclusive games. They even re-released common games like Street Fighter 2, Lion King, Aladdin, Mega Man X & Earthworm Jim. They all sold out. The retro gaming market is huge. Those SNES and Genesis games will be $30 tomorrow. That's not bad at all.

I qualify as a retro game collector and I won't touch any of that shit.

Something selling out at a con is not a good metric because people lose all bowel control at these shows. If you ever want to sell your stuff, take it to a con where you can ask for over market value and get it, without online sale fees.

Those dirt common games also took forever to sell out. They were hanging around justifiably because... they're dirt common! The new age retard collector is not completely stupid, just close to it.

The retro market is also way on the down swing. Check out pricecharting and you'll get all the examples you need to find that things are way cooling off. The amount of people buying all of these goofy repros is shrinking day by day.

Is gleylancer related to growlanser ?

Retro wise I imagine a lot of it is from people finally blowing through the unemployment/covid money so the bubble has started to deflate.

P3p and fire emblem path of radiance were insanely high during the middle of the pandemic at 300 and 800. And that was for a complete copy. I didn't part with mine since I could help it but I was very tempted. I did sell my 4$ copy of smt4a from target for 145.

Last edited:
I qualify as a retro game collector and I won't touch any of that shit.

Something selling out at a con is not a good metric because people lose all bowel control at these shows. If you ever want to sell your stuff, take it to a con where you can ask for over market value and get it, without online sale fees.

Those dirt common games also took forever to sell out. They were hanging around justifiably because... they're dirt common! The new age retard collector is not completely stupid, just close to it.

The retro market is also way on the down swing. Check out pricecharting and you'll get all the examples you need to find that things are way cooling off. The amount of people buying all of these goofy repros is shrinking day by day.
Understandable of you're not into it. Its a niche market. I personally like buying new games for older consoles. Like Project Blue & Full Quiet. I use that example because even though Retrobits games are also sold out online it's crazy to see the lines for that stuff in person. I think they do like 3-5 k production runs on there releases.
I like conventions they are fun. I tell people to bring trades. Everyone ive met is fine doing value for value. The prices people happily pay are stupid now a day. The only thing in the Retro gaming market that has cooled way down is the whole grading thing. I always thought that was stupid. Those things have come way down.
I got the majority of my games in the early 2000's so I didn't pay much for anything. I use Gameye app to catalog my games, which uses priceharting. My collection has gone up in value. Random that Rhythm Heaven Fever shot up to over $300 recently. I paid $5 new for it from a tip on this site years ago. Lol!
Is gleylancer related to growlanser ?

Retro wise I imagine a lot of it is from people finally blowing through the unemployment/covid money so the bubble has started to deflate.

P3p and fire emblem path of radiance were insanely high during the middle of the pandemic at 300 and 800. And that was for a complete copy. I didn't part with mine since I could help it but I was very tempted. I did sell my 4$ copy of smt4a from target for 145.
Nah not related. Gleylancer is a very rare Japan only space shooter for the Genesis/Megadrive. There was an official English release early this year. Digital on modern consoles and physical on SG/MD.

Definitely. All the staff at our firm got stimulus checks and I just recall some of the stories of how they spent that money... outside of games, lots of money spent on designer clothing/shoes and trips (yeah COVID is risky but flying in half-empty planes, staying at 5-star hotels for 1/3 of what they normally cost? worth it to them).

I was on the other end, worrying this was another recession like back in 2007-2010) that our firm was about to make massive cuts/try to keep things afloat. Thinking back to those times... it was crazy, I had (and still have) 3 legal-sized boxes full of games to sell that were prob worth 40-50% more than what they're going for now.

Definitely. All the staff at our firm got stimulus checks and I just recall some of the stories of how they spent that money... outside of games, lots of money spent on designer clothing/shoes and trips (yeah COVID is risky but flying in half-empty planes, staying at 5-star hotels for 1/3 of what they normally cost? worth it to them).

I was on the other end, worrying this was another recession like back in 2007-2010) that our firm was about to make massive cuts/try to keep things afloat. Thinking back to those times... it was crazy, I had (and still have) 3 legal-sized boxes full of games to sell that were prob worth 40-50% more than what they're going for now.
Damn how much were they getting? Lol! I was lucky that my job wasn't affected by the covid lockdown. They just sent us home from the office. I build my home office and have been remote since. There were no conventions for 2 years so I wasn't buying and trading retro games. I saw stories on YouTube about million dollar graded games and stuff like that, but I just stayed out of it. You missed the bubble, but could still get a good sum for your games.

Damn how much were they getting? Lol! I was lucky that my job wasn't affected by the covid lockdown. They just sent us home from the office. I build my home office and have been remote since. There were no conventions for 2 years so I wasn't buying and trading retro games. I saw stories on YouTube about million dollar graded games and stuff like that, but I just stayed out of it. You missed the bubble, but could still get a good sum for your games.
Most of them got the full amounts from both stimulus checks, not THAT life alternating in a mid or high cost of living area but added up to the fact that social lives were shut down (clubs, bars, restaurants) basically gave them a lot of sudden available money. I think the stimulus checks just kinda gave them a "fuck it" attitude. I didn't get shit from either one of course, outside of headaches.

You should feel lucky you didn't buy into the graded hype... some YTer did a vid on how many of those games that sold for 6/7 figures during 2020-2022 recently are going for MUCH less, sometimes what looks like the same exact copies. And yeah, true many of those games are worth much more than they were pre-COVID but a lot of the newer stuff... I really wish I had gotten to dump.

Understandable of you're not into it. Its a niche market. I personally like buying new games for older consoles. Like Project Blue & Full Quiet. I use that example because even though Retrobits games are also sold out online it's crazy to see the lines for that stuff in person. I think they do like 3-5 k production runs on there releases.
I like conventions they are fun. I tell people to bring trades. Everyone ive met is fine doing value for value. The prices people happily pay are stupid now a day. The only thing in the Retro gaming market that has cooled way down is the whole grading thing. I always thought that was stupid. Those things have come way down.
I got the majority of my games in the early 2000's so I didn't pay much for anything. I use Gameye app to catalog my games, which uses priceharting. My collection has gone up in value. Random that Rhythm Heaven Fever shot up to over $300 recently. I paid $5 new for it from a tip on this site years ago. Lol!

I did like buying homebrews and what not for NES early on (15 years ago, god I'm old but then again, we all are here...), because it was like NEW GAMES FOR NES HOLY SHIT, but it became a cash grab as opposed to anything worthwhile or special very quickly. The fact most of them keep the ROM for these hobbyist made games to themselves shows where their priorities are and it ain't the hobby itself.

Cons were a lot better before they got YT disease and all these worthless fuckheads like John Hancock and Steven Wright started mugging the camera so to speak. It's kind of mindblowing that people want to listen to these airheads, and cons don't even bother anymore having people come who, you know, worked on the games they're cherishing. I do have a lot of good memories of PhillyClassic, MGC and CGE. Those days are gone imo.

Speaking of things being long gone, I think we're both not alone here in that the bulk of collecting we did was pre 2008 before the first real spike. Better times, when people didn't care lol. Viva Funco, forums and Web 1.0. We purged about 40% of our collection in 2014 and between that, and the game mentioned below, we are break even with ALL games purchases over the past 20+ years, plus everything that's still in the gameroom is gravy. It's insane. I can't imagine starting to collect in 2020.

You should feel lucky you didn't buy into the graded hype... some YTer did a vid on how many of those games that sold for 6/7 figures during 2020-2022 recently are going for MUCH less, sometimes what looks like the same exact copies. And yeah, true many of those games are worth much more than they were pre-COVID but a lot of the newer stuff... I really wish I had gotten to dump.

I can speak from personal experience that I sold something very expensive "raw" (something that was featured prominently in the Jobst video you're talking about) to one of these people and the value of it now slabbed is less than what I made selling it. I lol'd.

It's debatable if the utter tumbling of the graded market helped the overall suppression of value in game collecting but both are way down. Better for us, really. Sure, our collection values took a hit but us old farts here are beyond ahead of the game. I say, let it crash.

Ended up getting ZAMN and Ghoul Patrol SNES versions for $30 each. May go for some merch if the discounts get steeper tomorrow; otherwise I'm done with the sale.

All Bill and Ted stuff gone other than the cards. Interesting

The twitter post did say they have to destroy them by the 12/31/2023 due to contractual reasons... given 29th is the last business day, it's possible that they needed to get them destroyed today as tomorrow is Sunday/also NYE.

Folks who buy this mass-produced junk thinking they'll hit it big/get rich are delusional. It's all going to come crashing down (if not already). Practically all of it is going to be worth nothing soon enough. Gen Z couldn't care less about physical media.

I ended up not getting anything. the Zombies ate my neighbors collection was $5 on PSN so I just picked that up instead. Should be a fun platinum with a friend.

Looks like just about everything sold during their dumpster fire sale. Still probably at least broke even at 50% off. Looks like it’s just going to be a few retro carts and the entire series of 3 Turok hats that get sacrificed on the alter of consumerism. The hats are fine, but I find it kind of funny that three out of the nine items currently left are Turok hats.

I have been looking into buying both Moon (switch) and Shin Chan Endless Summer (ps4). They are up at Amazon but are at full price. I know I wont play them for quite some time so I am in no rush, but I'd hate for Amazon to sell out and then I am left paying Ebay prices later. Any chance either of these drop in price at Amazon or are they likely to sell out before dropping in price?

bread's done
Back