Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You'd be surprised. They're into VHS, cassettes, and polaroids for some reason.

It's the strangest thing, so many of them are into older tech and media as a way to detach from their modern, always online lives and binged shows... part to me wonders what nostalgia will be for them or even if that'll be a thing given the whole instant gratification thing. They never had to wait until X day for the latest episode of a show or worry about how they'd watch it if the missed something. Hell, I don't think most of them even have to worry about saving up $x for a new game since they have so many freemium games.

You'd be surprised. They're into VHS, cassettes, and polaroids for some reason.
Get back to me when Gen Z spends enough for companies to start reprinting vhs and vcrs. They're ADD may result in momentary curiosities into physical media, but nothing in magnitude that's going to cause any of the junk gamers and boomers are buying right to be worth anything.

Looks like just about everything sold during their dumpster fire sale. Still probably at least broke even at 50% off. Looks like it’s just going to be a few retro carts and the entire series of 3 Turok hats that get sacrificed on the alter of consumerism. The hats are fine, but I find it kind of funny that three out of the nine items currently left are Turok hats.
Just over 5 hours to go before the rite of the culling of the Turok Hats begins to ring in the new year. Whether it is an arcane life extension ceremony for Joe Biden, or it heralds the wyrd rebirth of Donald Trump is yet to be seen, but next year is going to be so filled with crap. Let’s enjoy burning the Turok hats while we can. They are now 3 of the 8 items left. Everything Bill and Ted survived other than some cheap trading cards.

Last edited:
It's the strangest thing, so many of them are into older tech and media as a way to detach from their modern, always online lives and binged shows... part to me wonders what nostalgia will be for them or even if that'll be a thing given the whole instant gratification thing. They never had to wait until X day for the latest episode of a show or worry about how they'd watch it if the missed something. Hell, I don't think most of them even have to worry about saving up $x for a new game since they have so many freemium games.

Live service games are moving targets, I would guess they'll be nostalgic for the older seasons, ones that have shut down, or before they had some change like a new engine or content policy. (the same as we are for the ones we had, WoW Classic, old school runescape, or that modern 'boomer shooters' exist - maybe a zoomer shooter could mimic Fortnite or Roblox art style in the distant future.) We saw a bit of this already with Fornite going back to an OG season and graphics, but that was only... 5 years old-ish?

I think plenty of them will branch out into gaming in general and hear about old great games and want to check them out. Even if it's a small slice, so many more of them play games at least casually than older generations did (admittedly subjective perspective statement - not many people I knew growing up in my region played video games, but I've heard differently from others in other places) so I think it could be just as significant.

Emphasis on could, I'm not placing a bet, completely sure of it, or completely disagreeing with the other post that they won't care or anything- just kinda rambling.

No kidding. Were people asking for that game? I'd love to know how they pick what to produce. Because I don't understand what their method could be based on much of what they've done for these repos.

No kidding. Were people asking for that game? I'd love to know how they pick what to produce. Because I don't understand what their method could be based on much of what they've done for these repos.
I believe they have a deal with Sunsoft. Tripworld was also a Sunsoft game and they like to release obscure games with the carbon engine. I bet this also gets a Switch release. I have no interest in repro carts. I'm curious how well these do for them since most of that discount sale was repro carts that didn't sell.

I believe they have a deal with Sunsoft. Tripworld was also a Sunsoft game and they like to release obscure games with the carbon engine. I bet this also gets a Switch release. I have no interest in repro carts. I'm curious how well these do for them since most of that discount sale was repro carts that didn't sell.
I don't doubt they do, and I entirely see Sunsoft's side/advantage of these deals, but from the LRG side, I don't. Unless they talk these publishers into a really small percentage of sales.

These are manufactured (mostly) to demand... so I don't think they see this as much of a risk as it's pure profit for everyone involved.

They're definitely going top down on the Sunsoft titles as far as value. However, this is (I think) the first release that isn't regarded as a very good game (Trip World, Gimmick, the Ufouria remake that's coming) so we'll see if it takes at all. It really shouldn't and be on the level of Three Stooges, but dumb people gonna be dumb.

It's strange that Gameboy game on the cart art shows it's only for GBC & GBA. But the game looks like basic GB. I'd have to google to even know what the heck it is. The screen shots do it no justice.

Goddamn I love this game. I have it on 360 and Android, but the Android version is so old, it's stuck on an older tablet.

This doesn't look like a numbered release, so I'll get it at retail.
I probably going to buy this with Devil Engine.
I loved the game on 360. Since the Play-Asia announced a preorder for El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron remaster LRG said they would be announcing their preorder this month. My fingers are crossed for next Friday.

I probably going to buy this with Devil Engine.
I loved the game on 360. Since the Play-Asia announced a preorder for El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron remaster LRG said they would be announcing their preorder this month. My fingers are crossed for next Friday.
I almost bought Devil Engine today from Play Asia, but I have so many shooters, and this one wasn't pushing me over the edge to purchase it.

I almost bought Devil Engine today from Play Asia, but I have so many shooters, and this one wasn't pushing me over the edge to purchase it.

I mean, there's no rush or anything, the Japanese version will most likely always be avalaible….but just wanna add my two cents in that Devil Engine is absolutely spectacular to me. Playing this for the first time reminded me for the feeling back then with Thunder Force III on Mega Drive.

I mean, there's no rush or anything, the Japanese version will most likely always be avalaible….but just wanna add my two cents in that Devil Engine is absolutely spectacular to me. Playing this for the first time reminded me for the feeling back then with Thunder Force III on Mega Drive.
Maybe I'll reconsider it whenever my next Play Asia order is then.

The jurassic park collection on ps4 said it was a distro title when it went up for sale. Does anyone know what retailer is selling it?

I actually thought this was a numbered title but checked and you are correct, it is a distributed title for all the systems it was released for. I imagine Amazon will eventually stock it but as of now am not aware of it being available anywhere yet.

Limited Run Is Partnered with Purple Dot! (exclamation point theirs!)

You Shared, We Listened: Introducing Purple Dot, Our Trusted Pre-order Partner

At Limited Run Games, we understand the passion and anticipation of pre-ordering our latest titles and games. Transparently, we know we’ve missed the mark on our pre-order process in the past. There are many moving parts in the creation of a Limited Run game, and this complicated process is often difficult to communicate. Your feedback has not gone unheard, and we want to ensure that your support of physical games is rewarded with better communication, more transparency, and a true guarantee that your favorite games are destined to make it home to you.

That’s why we’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Purple Dot to power our process going forward.

Our Commitment to Transparency

Purple Dot allows us to share more precise estimated ship dates for every single pre-order product on our website—so you’ll know exactly when to expect it. If those dates change, you will automatically be updated over email by Purple Dot. You can check your pre-order status anytime by logging into a dedicated pre-order self-serve tool, change your shipping address, or amend your pre-order anytime before it ships. No need to open a support ticket!

Putting *You* in Control of Shipping

We’ve put a lot of effort into modernizing and updating our warehouse, and the next step is making shipping work on our customer’s timeline. With Purple Dot, we can partially ship your pre-order when individual items are ready to go. In the checkout, you can choose whether to ship your pre-order items together or have us send each item separately—putting you in control of when your ready items ship.

In the future, we’ll be expanding these shipping options even further soon: Stay tuned!

Pre-order Protected by Purple Dot

At Limited Run Games, we are proudly committed to producing the best physical products in the business, even if it sometimes takes a while. For extra assurance, Purple Dot guarantees that your pre-order will ship or you’ll get your money back. Your money is kept safe and available until we ship—keeping us accountable! You are even free to reach out to them directly for an independent update on your pre-order.

Putting Your Passion First

In an industry that is increasingly digital-only, we firmly believe that physical games play a critical role in the community. They aren't just products; they're a tangible expression of your enthusiasm and dedication to gaming and its ongoing history. Our mission is to celebrate the importance of physical games, preserving the excitement of unboxing a new title, the weight of it in your hands, and the joy of adding it to your collection.

As we embark on this reimagined pre-order experience and roll out these new changes over the next few weeks, we welcome your thoughts and opinions. Your feedback has been invaluable in shaping the Limited Run Games experience, and we're eager to continue evolving with your input.

Together, we can continue to celebrate games, the people who make them, and the history behind them in the most tangible way. #ForeverPhysical

Looking For Your Orders?

For all orders placed before Jan. 8th 2024, you can visit your account page. Starting in 2024, to edit or see pre-orders through Purple Dot, you can go to manage pre-orders. Note that non-pre-ordered, in-hand items will still appear on your LRG account page.

If you have further questions about Purple Dot or our pre-order process, please check out our FAQ here or reach out to us directly.

Can't wait for the "We are aware things are taking too long to ship but Purple Dot is not fulfilling their contractual obligations. However, we cannot cancel this contract because we signed it in pen and you can't erase pen. Anyway, here's some Kemco releases for the N-Gage."

Looks like PurpleDot integration means no more PayPal or Pay-in-Four. Great idea to make the change without any notice. No way this could backfire.
Wow, you are right. I just tested it and they only have the option to enter your credit card. Also there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter coupon codes. So if you were saving the ones they sent out (like me) it seems your out of luck.

Wow, you are right. I just tested it and they only have the option to enter your credit card. Also there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter coupon codes. So if you were saving the ones they sent out (like me) it seems your out of luck.
I had thought this purple dot thing was an OPTION and not your only choice.

well...... i guess im out then.

Looks like PurpleDot integration means no more PayPal or Pay-in-Four. Great idea to make the change without any notice. No way this could backfire.

The post they made online about Purple Dot has tons of replies complaining about them not having PayPal and that they are going to lose lots of customers because of this unless they fix it. I'm sure they had metrics to tell them how many customers use PayPal for payments and removing that payment option would hurt their business and cause a reduction in orders. They are really poor at planning.

Last edited:
It's like all these limited print companies are having a bed-shitting contest; some are going for quantity of shit, some are going for speed of shit, and a few are going for that pristine poop category.

These things should be 100% money factories if they didn't over extend and also didn't go after games that no one really wants outside of FOMO reactions. Still cannot believe LRG tried to sell their recent crap games, like Bill & Ted, saying "we have to make you eat your broccoli before we give you dessert!" as an excuse. Get real.

With the end of cheap money, how many limited print companies are going to go out of business in 2024? And what percentage of those will just ghost their customers?

What, legit rare titles with translations?

I might actually be interested in that. Too bad they just dorked up their pre-order system. Not going to be a guinea pig for it! Doesn't look numbered, so I can likely safely wait.
i havent bought a LRG game in a while. Did price go up?

Didnt standard edition titles used to be $34.99??? I see the standard edition for $44.99. Is this because of Purple Dot service and now prices are much higher???

Doesn't look numbered, so I can likely safely wait.

It's #219

I think I will be a guineapig on this one. But I've not had a direct purchase from LRG since Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Switch. So maybe I'll weather the storm ok.

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

It's like all these limited print companies are having a bed-shitting contest; some are going for quantity of shit, some are going for speed of shit, and a few are going for that pristine poop category.

These things should be 100% money factories if they didn't over extend and also didn't go after games that no one really wants outside of FOMO reactions. Still cannot believe LRG tried to sell their recent crap games, like Bill & Ted, saying "we have to make you eat your broccoli before we give you dessert!" as an excuse. Get real.

With the end of cheap money, how many limited print companies are going to go out of business in 2024? And what percentage of those will just ghost their customers?
I'm baffled by the decision to only license Bill & Ted for 2 years (for physical & digital sales) and then lose 14 months of that time due to difficulties porting the games

i havent bought a LRG game in a while. Did price go up?

Didnt standard edition titles used to be $34.99??? I see the standard edition for $44.99. Is this because of Purple Dot service and now prices are much higher???

The game in question is a compilation of two games. I'm just happy as expected they are bundling these instead of doing them as separate $34.99 releases. Other releases of single games are still $34.99.

Thanks "for really listening to the customers" LRG. and charging up front a year in advance. so that you can give publishers free money in order to work with you.

What noble deeds.

LRG has shown us clearly what they're all about when they split up retro collections that only take up ~500mb into 2 to 5 game releases and attempt to sell them all individually. That shows you exactly who they are. They don't care about customers at all. All they care about is the extraction of money from people whom are obsessively compulsed. They could do better and they choose not to.

In a new section of LRG's faqs about purple dot they say, they know of Paypal and it might happen in the future. But don't worry it says, Paypal will work on instock items just not preorders. Which is crazy since preorders are the majority of what they sell. I don't understand why LRG would implement this new stuff if full functionality isn't ready yet. All it's gonna do is lose them money in lost sales.

sounds like nothing but them circumventing Paypal's requirements for actually having to deliver goods within a 6mo or 1year period of time. you know. AKA: DOING HONEST BUSINESS.

All sorts of online vendors are doing things similar to this now, like NISA. "Whoops teehee, with the webstore changeover you now have to pay upfront in-full for 6month pre-orders".

All sorts of online vendors are doing things similar to this now, like NISA. "Whoops teehee, with the webstore changeover you now have to pay upfront in-full for 6month pre-orders".
All the NISA store update has done is encourage me not to order a bunch of limited editions I don't need, so thanks for saving me money, NISA! Hell, they didn't even do a Black Friday/After Christmas/New Year's sale this year.

Hopefully all of these companies will lose enough money that they'll revert back to previous practices (implementing Paypal, not requiring payment up front), but we all know that, if enough people keep giving these assholes interest-free loans, nothing at all will change.

bread's done
Back