Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
More Purple Dot details on LRG's blog (and they do talk about PayPal):

STATE OF THE WEBSITE 2024, VOL. 1: NEW PURPLE DOT BUNDLING OPTIONS

Hello everyone! Bringing Purple Dot to LRG has been a big change, and we see that many of you have lots of questions and concerns about the changeover. We want you to know that we hear you and are actively incorporating your feedback into our systems. To show you that, we’ll be publishing these short updates as new features go live so you can stay on top of the new changes to our pre-order system!

In addition, we’ve got some new website updates planned for the future. This blog series will share those updates and news about our EU website as we begin to roll them out over the next several months.

NEW FEATURE: MORE OPTIONS TO BUNDLE!

We’ve made some improvements to the checkout UI to make the process easier and clearer (especially for mobile users). While doing that, we added more options for you to choose how your order ships right out of the gate. One of the biggest reasons we switched to Purple Dot to manage pre-orders was customer feedback about choosing when items ship, so this update was built around giving you as many options as possible.

lrg_600x600.jpg

The first thing you’ll notice are those new shipping options:

• Wait until everything is ready - This is how pre-orders worked previously at LRG. We hold your order and combine everything into one shipment. Though this is usually the most cost-saving option, your order will not ship until all items are out of production.
  • Ship in-stock now, everything else later - Let’s say you wanted to pick up an in-stock Press Run book and some of our latest pre-orders. This option allows us to ship that in-stock item straight away and hold your pre-orders together until they are all ready to go.
  • As soon as each item is ready - Get your stuff as quickly as possible! In the example cart above, this allows in-stock items to ship right away, followed by each pre-order as they become available.
lrg-1_480x480.jpg

Curious about the shipping breakdown? You can expand your selection to see how the rate breaks down and when you’ll receive your order, so you can make the best decision.

We hope that these extra options make pre-ordering with LRG a smooth process!

COMING SOON: CONSOLIDATED ORDER PAGE

Don’t want to keep track of all those Purple Dot order numbers? We’ve heard this request from our biggest repeat customers, and the dev team at Purple Dot is working on a way to display all Purple Dot pre-orders on the same page as your pre-orders made before January 8th.

We’ll have more news to share about this upgrade in the coming weeks, but we’ve made it a top priority and plan to roll this out ASAP.

UPDATE: PAYPAL INTEGRATION

Finally, we know that PayPal is very important to our customers, and we are looking at options to move up this integration as soon as possible. The final PayPal rollout schedule will be determined next week, and once that is set in stone, we will start sharing that plan with our customers. Rest assured that Limited Run, Purple Dot, and PayPal are working together daily to negotiate the fastest way to get this payment system back for pre-orders.

–-

Again, we thank everyone for your honest feedback and continued support of physical games. We’re working hard to make Limited Run the go-to place for the best physical releases, and your input is very important to this process. We’ll be back with more news very soon. Until then, you can follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter to get the latest about what’s happening at LRG!

Wow that Under Night collector's edition is nice. You can tell LRG didn't make it themselves, because it includes things that people actually want, and the mark-up price isn't ridiculous.

Wow that Under Night collector's edition is nice. You can tell LRG didn't make it themselves, because it includes things that people actually want, and the mark-up price isn't ridiculous.

I think it's funny that... forever physical is offering a CE with DLC content...

I was just checking on that myself. There's no word on what this "character pack DLC" is. But I do see the game has three planned DLC characters (Each like six months apart! Ending in 2025), and they have a "season pass DLC" available for all three characters. It is either free if you buy the game before April 2024, or it's $10 after that. So there's a good chance that's what this thing is.

I'm not too worried about the preservation factor though. The inevitable next version of this game will just contain all the DLC from the current version. And then start releasing more. It's the modern day fighting game strategy. First you nickel-and-dime all of your unpaid beta testers, and then eventually release the finished version of your game. I'm fine with waiting. Or don't release a complete one at all; that's fine by me too. Thanks for saving me money!

On the front page of CAG, it links to a steelbook version of SNK NGPC Vol 2. I'm slightly annoyed, since I'm still waiting for my collector's edition, but also hopeful we'll get more steelbook only versions of LRG games at retail.

On the front page of CAG, it links to a steelbook version of SNK NGPC Vol 2. I'm slightly annoyed, since I'm still waiting for my collector's edition, but also hopeful we'll get more steelbook only versions of LRG games at retail.
I put that on my Amazon wish list. I bought Vol 1 and skipped Vol 2.
I may pick it up since it is getting a retail release or wait it out to see if It goes to Woot.
Couple of LRG distributed games have shown up on woot.

I love Arc-Sys fighters but they have a habit of rereleasing improved and expanded versions down the line. The original Under Night was released three separate times as Late, Late[st], and Late[cl-r]. Makes me really hesitant to pre-order or buy in during the launch window.

So non-ESRB releases are now a thing at LRG? That makes it easier for me to skip, especially at LRG prices. In the past they have released games done in other regions as ESRB releases but I guess they are no longer doing that for some releases.

I love Arc-Sys fighters but they have a habit of rereleasing improved and expanded versions down the line. The original Under Night was released three separate times as Late, Late[st], and Late[cl-r]. Makes me really hesitant to pre-order or buy in during the launch window.
Do they? I have been waffling about whether I should buy Guilty Gear Strive vanilla, but maybe I should just wait. What do you think the chances are they will release a (physical) version with all the additional content?

Seems likes someone wrangled pre-order data from site for 2023 over on Discord.

Discord Link to .pdf file

I've seen MOQ for Switch being somewhere between 3,000 to 6,000, while Sony usually is 1,000.

Some crazy things I see are the Konami and Sega deals move product. The nostalgia bait is pretty strong, too. The most expensive Castlevania Advanced Collection CE sold way more than most standard edition games!

I cannot believe they passed MOQ for Plumber's Don't Wear Ties, though. Somewhere around 3600 switch copies between SE and CE combined. That's dumb.

Monster Train only getting 1100 copies moved is a bummer, but Shin Chan sold 4300+ copies! That goes to show that importing and translating Japanese games can be worth it.

Most Sony games fail to hit MOQ, but that's not as bad given the lower print requirement. But it seems Switch is where their bread is buttered in terms of volume. However, with cartridge costs, I bet the Sony stuff has better margins.

Feel free to find your own interesting tidbits.

Do they? I have been waffling about whether I should buy Guilty Gear Strive vanilla, but maybe I should just wait. What do you think the chances are they will release a (physical) version with all the additional content?
There's a decent chance it will exist in Japan (after a long wait), but whether it gets a physical US release is a big crapshoot. From what I know about:
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus Legendary Edition is physical in Japan only.
  • Persona 4 Ultimax (Switch/PS4 version) is physical in Japan only.
  • BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Special Edition is physical in Japan and PAL. No US release.
  • BlazBlue Central Fiction Special Edition is physical in the US, "distributed" from our own LRG.
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 got a regular retail NTSC release.
And while not ArcSys:
  • KoF 13 Global Match, physical in Japan and PAL only, no US release.
  • KoF 14 Ultimate Edition, physical in Japan and PAL only, no US release.
Though in more worrying news, currently Dragon Ball Fighterz doesn't have full version anywhere (just a Japanese Season 1 version), and Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising doesn't even have a base release in any country. So maybe they're trying to inch away from this even in Japan and go full games-as-a-service.

There's a decent chance it will exist in Japan (after a long wait), but whether it gets a physical US release is a big crapshoot. From what I know about:
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus Legendary Edition is physical in Japan only.
  • Persona 4 Ultimax (Switch/PS4 version) is physical in Japan only.
  • BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Special Edition is physical in Japan and PAL. No US release.
  • BlazBlue Central Fiction Special Edition is physical in the US, "distributed" from our own LRG.
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 got a regular retail NTSC release.
And while not ArcSys:
  • KoF 13 Global Match, physical in Japan and PAL only, no US release.
  • KoF 14 Ultimate Edition, physical in Japan and PAL only, no US release.
Though in more worrying news, currently Dragon Ball Fighterz doesn't have full version anywhere (just a Japanese Season 1 version), and Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising doesn't even have a base release in any country. So maybe they're trying to inch away from this even in Japan and go full games-as-a-service.
Thank you, that's very comprehensive and informative. Hopefully Strive gets a complete physical release, even if only in Japan. I don't mind importing, providing everything is actually on the disc. Do you happen to know, based on past releases, how likely that is? Does ArcSys generally release "code in a box" style release with the vanilla disc?

Thank you, that's very comprehensive and informative. Hopefully Strive gets a complete physical release, even if only in Japan. I don't mind importing, providing everything is actually on the disc. Do you happen to know, based on past releases, how likely that is? Does ArcSys generally release "code in a box" style release with the vanilla disc?
All of the BlazBlue game re-releases and the Under Night games released in the US have been on-disc/cart on re-release, except for one Vita game that ended up being too large for the cartridge (and in that case the missing stuff was a free "DLC", not a code). I can't speak to any of the imports though.

All of the BlazBlue game re-releases and the Under Night games released in the US have been on-disc/cart on re-release, except for one Vita game that ended up being too large for the cartridge (and in that case the missing stuff was a free "DLC", not a code). I can't speak to any of the imports though.
Thank you! I will be patient, as there is a LOT of content missing from the retail release of GG Strive. It's a shame that we don't see as many "GOTY" editions as we did during the PS4/XBO era. I guess it's a combination of games becoming so large and the industry moving towards the "adorably all digital" future. 😞

Seems likes someone wrangled pre-order data from site for 2023 over on Discord.

Discord Link to .pdf file

I've seen MOQ for Switch being somewhere between 3,000 to 6,000, while Sony usually is 1,000.

Some crazy things I see are the Konami and Sega deals move product. The nostalgia bait is pretty strong, too. The most expensive Castlevania Advanced Collection CE sold way more than most standard edition games!

I cannot believe they passed MOQ for Plumber's Don't Wear Ties, though. Somewhere around 3600 switch copies between SE and CE combined. That's dumb.

Monster Train only getting 1100 copies moved is a bummer, but Shin Chan sold 4300+ copies! That goes to show that importing and translating Japanese games can be worth it.

Most Sony games fail to hit MOQ, but that's not as bad given the lower print requirement. But it seems Switch is where their bread is buttered in terms of volume. However, with cartridge costs, I bet the Sony stuff has better margins.

Feel free to find your own interesting tidbits.

How reliable are these lists? Not saying I doubt them, but also... it's just something anyone could type up in Excel and print to PDF.

So non-ESRB releases are now a thing at LRG? That makes it easier for me to skip, especially at LRG prices. In the past they have released games done in other regions as ESRB releases but I guess they are no longer doing that for some releases.
For Under Night In Birth you can select whether you want the ESRB or PEGI version. There is a drop down menu on the shop page.

Are there really enough memers out there with some sort of real or faux nostalgia for CD-i Zelda that they'd buy a LRG knock off? And spend an untold amount of money for that massive CE?

Yea, I know I'm cynical, but what are they doing?
I'm a huge CD-i fan and collector and I have zero interest in this game. It's also bizarre that they are selling a knock-off of the absolute worst version of the CD-i controller.

OMFG I CALLED IT!

Yeah, it's not in the Arzette collector's edition, but close enough!
well you can get the the CE for $89.99 and with the controller for $124.99

I haven't ordered from LRG in about a year but they got me today. That new payment system is trash. It kept saying "calculating shipping" but wouldn't go past that screen. Every time I refreshed it would delete all my address info too. After multiple tries it finally went through. I thought this was supposed to be an improved site?

Holy shit, completely blanked on Shantae 3DS was going up... really lucked out with CAG front showing it's going up soon, just saw it as I was waiting for a work meeting to start.

Did they say how many quantities of each were available? I'm kinda surprised the CE sold out before the standard.
I haven't ordered from LRG in about a year but they got me today. That new payment system is trash. It kept saying "calculating shipping" but wouldn't go past that screen. Every time I refreshed it would delete all my address info too. After multiple tries it finally went through. I thought this was supposed to be an improved site?
Yeah, it took like 30 seconds on that screen to calculate shipping and I got nervous that it might sell out. I also tried to use a code but it didn't work.

Holy shit, completely blanked on Shantae 3DS was going up... really lucked out with CAG front showing it's going up soon, just saw it as I was waiting for a work meeting to start.

Did they say how many quantities of each were available? I'm kinda surprised the CE sold out before the standard.

Yeah, it took like 30 seconds on that screen to calculate shipping and I got nervous that it might sell out. I also tried to use a code but it didn't work.

They didn't list it, but it was 4500 standard, 3400 CE

HaloGX and I aren't talking about listed price or MSRP, we're talking about cost- how much we would be paying out of pocket by buying at Amazon vs VGP. That's why we're talking about exchange rates. Nobody here is comparing 34.99 USD to 49.99 CAD, that's an apples-to-maple syrup comparison.

At the change rate at the time, it would cost me $35 on Amazon vs $37 (after converting 49.99 CAD to $) at VGP.

As a reminder if you use PayPal, PayPal tries to convert it to USD and sneak in a fee. If you choose currency options and tell it to charge you in CAD you get a slightly better deal. This only works if your card doesn't have an international transaction fee, and PayPal will try to scare you out of that.
"Your card might charge a fee!!
[Tiny footnote - our conversion includes a fee]"

Is the Shantae 3DS reprint just the exact same game with a different box art? I still have my Rising Star Games Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on 3DS. I like 3DS games, but it's kind of hard to justify the same game with a different box art just because it's the 'last' one.
Edit: As I was typing this it sold out anyway lol Guess that's that.

I didn't care and knew that FOMO would push it to sell out due to the eShop closing and the Switch version being so overpriced.

Took about six minutes to sell out folks were saying.

I suppose if you have to have it physically, you can get the 3DS version. It'd be the cheapest version, by far, with the PS4 next. But it's probably the "least" version versus the more up-to-date later versions. Easy cash for LRG, though.

Well I placed my order today for El Shaddai and Rocket Knight Adventures on Switch. We will see what else they have in the pipeline for the future but my hope is that now I'm done with them. If the do put out something in their numbered line I'm interested in they may pull me back in but I told myself that El Shaddai would be my last order with them so we will see.

I'm still waiting on Enclave HD for PS5 that is holding up my RCG2 and OceanHorn 2 Switch games.
This is over a year now on a standard release.

I didn't care and knew that FOMO would push it to sell out due to the eShop closing and the Switch version being so overpriced.

Took about six minutes to sell out folks were saying.

I suppose if you have to have it physically, you can get the 3DS version. It'd be the cheapest version, by far, with the PS4 next. But it's probably the "least" version versus the more up-to-date later versions. Easy cash for LRG, though.
PS5 version is readily available on Best Buy at regular price as well.

As a reminder if you use PayPal, PayPal tries to convert it to USD and sneak in a fee. If you choose currency options and tell it to charge you in CAD you get a slightly better deal. This only works if your card doesn't have an international transaction fee, and PayPal will try to scare you out of that.
"Your card might charge a fee!!
[Tiny footnote - our conversion includes a fee]"

Is the Shantae 3DS reprint just the exact same game with a different box art? I still have my Rising Star Games Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on 3DS. I like 3DS games, but it's kind of hard to justify the same game with a different box art just because it's the 'last' one.
Edit: As I was typing this it sold out anyway lol Guess that's that.
I always use my Amex and with Google pay if possible.

Shantae went up minute early. I haven't ordered since the purple dot thing started, and I'm in Puerto Rico right now, so I was worried. I still have a coupon to use, but it's back home. I got Shantae (the o ly Shantae game I don't have physically for anything), along with preorders for Rocket Knight and El Shaddai. I'm in no rush to get them, but am happy to get them.

I got my Shantae bundle- shocked that the box didn't arrive beaten up to all hell like all the other large fan bundle boxes. Also got a gold fan bundle card. haven't gotten a gold card from LRG in years.

LRG are a bunch of assholes. The measly 5% off coupon didn't work on Friday when I ordered so I contacted customer service. They refused to honor it. I just got it MAYBE 2 months ago max. Why do they even offer coupons if they don't work and they won't honor them. What a slap in the face, this company fucking sucks and deserves all the hate they get.

LRG are a bunch of assholes. The measly 5% off coupon didn't work on Friday when I ordered so I contacted customer service. They refused to honor it. I just got it MAYBE 2 months ago max. Why do they even offer coupons if they don't work and they won't honor them. What a slap in the face, this company fucking sucks and deserves all the hate they get.

Scummy move by them. They probably realize their profit margins are getting thinner so they're looking for any way to save some money. I still have a couple 5% off coupons (with no visible expiration dates) so hopefully I don't have a similar problem trying to use them.

I've never gotten a 5% off coupon to work, which means I can save 100% by not ordering at all

Wouldn't be surprised with all these recent changes and them shipping out all backorders at a faster pace if they're trying to finish up exisiting contracts and wind down slowly.
Writing's on the wall for physical anyway, if Sony ever cuts off PS4 discs, collecting for PS5 isn't going to be half as fun for me. What with the system's online check disc drives and soldered on hard drives, that console is gonna be a disaster waiting to happen for preservation.

I was shocked to see a shipping notice for the Shantae 3DS CE and standard... was not expecting them to actually ship so soon.

bread's done
Back