Link ellipse toggle option?

kaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Is there any way to make the ellipse in the middle of a link an option when viewing the forum? There are times when I copy a link to send to friends and don't realize the ellipse is there making the URL useless for them.

Also, when people post an ebay link, which I can't click on because it's parsed to a quickserv address. I have quickserv in my Windows hosts file so I can't get there (I know I can edit it out, but I want to leave it in there to block quickserv ads). And I can't copy the link due to the ellipse. A few times I had to right-click a link, copy link location, paste it in the address bar, and then edit the quickserv info and convert the special characters to their ascii counterparts.

Anyways, I'm sure you have plenty of more important things to do, but if you think it could be an easy option, I think it would be a nice addition. That is all -- thanks.

[quote name='kaw']Is there any way to make the ellipse in the middle of a link an option when viewing the forum? There are times when I copy a link to send to friends and don't realize the ellipse is there making the URL useless for them.[/QUOTE]Sorry, but it prevents long links from "breaking" the page. I don't think there is an option on the user level for turning it off.

[quote name='kaw']
Also, when people post an ebay link, which I can't click on because it's parsed to a quickserv address. I have quickserv in my Windows hosts file so I can't get there (I know I can edit it out, but I want to leave it in there to block quickserv ads). And I can't copy the link due to the ellipse. A few times I had to right-click a link, copy link location, paste it in the address bar, and then edit the quickserv info and convert the special characters to their ascii counterparts.
[/QUOTE]Sorry, those links pay the bills around here. I really don't know what to tell you.

bread's done
Back