Linkin Park currently working on their 4th album

dbrev42

CAGiversary!
http://www.billboard.com/news/linki...k-hard-at-work-on-next-album-1003976097.story

This is awesome, no more minutes to midnight crud. Hopefully this will sound similar to Meteroa and ever better than it. This album will be huge just because of that rap element. Linkin Park always amazes me with the quality lyrics and instrumentals in their music. I expect this new album to blow everyones mind out of proportion.

"I think I have some of the Fort Minor (his rap side project) energy in me that wants to come out, so you'll probably hear more rapping on it"

Good stuff. I've always liked their stuff even when they were re-relea$ing every album as some sort of remix. I didn't bother with Minutes to Midnight when it came out, but I've been listening to it lately and it's not so bad.

I stopped listening to them when they started doing rap stuff, so this is bad news for me. The article is from May of last year too. ;)

Everyone call your representatives! We must quickly work to outlaw these musical abortions! Innocent ears must be saved!

i am not at all excited...i was a fan until i heard the song Valentines day..who are these guys kidding they aren't 13 writing such crap!!

[quote name='Ryukahn']I stopped listening to them when they started doing rap stuff, so this is bad news for me. The article is from May of last year too. ;)[/QUOTE]

when they started?...

1st album had some good stuff on it....2nd album was even better...3rd album I wouldnt piss on if it were on fire....Im talking LP studio albums..not counting the live, remixed, joint comps duo projects....just LP.

When I heard the 3rd album, I wanted to send LP a letter and ask them-

"Who took your balls and where can I find them to get them back to you?".

Apparently I am alone in this, but I actually like Minutes to Midnight. Yeah there was some crap on it, but there was some good stuff too IMO. I think they peaked with Meteora.

[quote name='mediviper']Apparently I am alone in this, but I actually like Minutes to Midnight. Yeah there was some crap on it, but there was some good stuff too IMO. I think they peaked with Meteora.[/QUOTE]

Same. They're not one of my favorite bands by any stretch of the imagination, but I've liked all their albums ok, including Minutes to Midnight. It's a big step down from the 2nd album, but still decent IMO.

LP is OK - I can listen to them when the iPod is on random or something but I'd rarely, if ever, seek out an album to listen to (although a lot of their earlier stuff is good workout music). They are horrible, horrible lyricists though. Awful.

[quote name='javeryh']LP is OK - I can listen to them when the iPod is on random or something but I'd rarely, if ever, seek out an album to listen to (although a lot of their earlier stuff is good workout music). They are horrible, horrible lyricists though. Awful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the lyrics are largely terrible. Though about 99% of my music listening any more is just in the background while working out, driving, working in the office etc. so it's pretty moot for me these days. I don't even pay much attention to lyrics in songs by my favorite bands anymore as I seldom sit and just listen to the music while doing nothing else.

by Gary Graff, Detroit | May 22, 2009 12:04 EDT

Old news, they've been working on this for quite some time, and last I heard it would be another experimental album like MTM, even though the band doesn't like the term experimental.

I like LP but their best stuff ended with Meteora...makes me sad.

On other news, you can listen and download a new unreleased song here:
http://musicforrelief.org/

[quote name='DestroVega']when they started?...[/QUOTE]

I had typed something up, but then I realized maybe I am not being clear about what I liked about them when I looked up their discography on Wikipedia, and noticed I had the timeframes wrong on when stuff came out. Hybrid Theory was awesome, and Meteora wasn't bad either. What I hated was the crap they did when collaborating with other rappers, such as Reanimation. For some reason I thought this came after Meteora, but it was before. No clue what I was thinking then, and apparently I need to go listen to Minutes to Midnight if it's not the rap junk like Reanimation. :oops:

[quote name='Scorch']Someone needs to alert LinkinPrime so he can update his avatar and signature accordingly.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same exact thing. I also don't think this is thread worthy. Do you know how many bands are in the process of making albums right now? Where's the High On Fire thread for Snakes For The Divine?

Anyone can start a thread about this for any band. Pretty much anything goes and is thread worthy in an off topic forum.

If you want to split hairs on "thread worthiness" I'd say a thread for a band people have actually heard of is more thread worthy than for more obscure bands like those you listed. :D Only thing that challenges the "thread worthiness" of this topic is that the news is quite old.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I had typed something up, but then I realized maybe I am not being clear about what I liked about them when I looked up their discography on Wikipedia, and noticed I had the timeframes wrong on when stuff came out. Hybrid Theory was awesome, and Meteora wasn't bad either. What I hated was the crap they did when collaborating with other rappers, such as Reanimation. For some reason I thought this came after Meteora, but it was before. No clue what I was thinking then, and apparently I need to go listen to Minutes to Midnight if it's not the rap junk like Reanimation. :oops:[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? You realize Hybrid Theory had a lot of rapping on it don't you? Calling anything Mike Shinoda does "singing" is way too generous. Unless you mean you liked the songs that got played on MTV and the radio, ie. One Step Closer and Crawling. But seriously, 80% of that album is rapping.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']What the hell are you talking about? You realize Hybrid Theory had a lot of rapping on it don't you? Calling anything Mike Shinoda does "singing" is way too generous. Unless you mean you liked the songs that got played on MTV and the radio, ie. One Step Closer and Crawling. But seriously, 80% of that album is rapping.[/QUOTE]

I attribute rap to more than just the lyrics. It's the sound and all that jazz mixed in with the lyrics. My initial comment was way to general, but I thought what you quoted me on was pretty clear when I said exactly which albums I liked and didn't like.

I don't listen to a lot of music (definitely don't listen to the radio or watch MTV or whatever TV music there is) so I have no idea what they call all these sub genres and whatever to give an exact description of what I like.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I attribute rap to more than just the lyrics. It's the sound and all that jazz mixed in with the lyrics. My initial comment was way to general, but I thought what you quoted me on was pretty clear when I said exactly which albums I liked and didn't like.

I don't listen to a lot of music (definitely don't listen to the radio or watch MTV or whatever TV music there is) so I have no idea what they call all these sub genres and whatever to give an exact description of what I like.[/QUOTE]

That would be hip hop (at least I assume that's what you're describing by "the sound and all that jazz"). Rapping is lyrical. You don't even need music. Anyway, you don't really seem to be a very big fan of the band in general, so I'm confused why you're interested in this thread to begin with. Also, you explain things like a 60 year old man.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That would be hip hop (at least I assume that's what you're describing by "the sound and all that jazz"). Rapping is lyrical. You don't even need music. Anyway, you don't really seem to be a very big fan of the band in general, so I'm confused why you're interested in this thread to begin with. Also, you explain things like a 60 year old man.[/QUOTE]

Of course that's what I was describing. I thought it was pretty common to refer to hip hop and similar sounding things as rap, but I guess not. How do you figure I shouldn't be in the thread though? I said I loved Hybrid Theory and thought Meteora was pretty good. I didn't like their other stuff, but didn't say the band was terrible or anything. I was interested in seeing what kind of album they were going to be making, so I clicked the thread and checked it out. Nice of you to go to insults though.

I thought RE:animation was the best thing they ever did... the way they broke down the songs, and actually gave some bigtime shine to underground rap artists, thought it was pretty great.

[quote name='DestroVega']I thought RE:animation was the best thing they ever did... the way they broke down the songs, and actually gave some bigtime shine to underground rap artists, thought it was pretty great.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I always hoped that they reanimate all their future albums after HT.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Someone post the picture. You know which one I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

linkin.jpg

bread's done
Back