Lion King BluRay Coupon 5$ Off (Only Lion King 4-Disc Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and LK Tri)

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Success. Hunted down the Lunch Box edition.

Coupon worked, but they would not allow me to use my $15 RZ certificate. They considered tha double dipping. I didn't think that would count, but oh well. I can always use that $15 on something else further down the road.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]As others have stated, RZ Certificates are payment and you should never be denied those.

You should have called for the store manager and asked them why you're being denied payment on a purchase. That and find out when that cashier is being trained on their job, as they obviously need more training.

You might also want to print out some items from this page and wave it in their face:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/about/faq/rewardsandbenefits

They can re-ring the transaction and redo it with your RZ cert for the payment, so you can get your $15 + tax back to your purchasing method.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm not alone in thinking rz certs are a form of payment.

Dude told me it was a coupon. Not just that, but the $5 coupon states "not to be combined with other offers" and i was dumbfounded. He used that as a counter to my "certs are a form of payment" statement.[/QUOTE]

Is this the cashier you checked out with? You can report him since his name would be on the receipt. You can also fill out the "how did we do" online service form and rate him really low.

[quote name='Cuplix']all the ones at the target i went to had the sticker, but also they were the only place i saw the red package.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Donut and Cuplix for the details on the Target coupon and the packaging. I actually saw the Target exclusive packaging today...unfortunately all copies had mangled slipcases due to the plastic prisons. I'm still trying to track down a lunchbox. BTW is the lunchbox full size, or is it a smaller one?

[quote name='karkyco']Thanks Donut and Cuplix for the details on the Target coupon and the packaging. I actually saw the Target exclusive packaging today...unfortunately all copies had mangled slipcases due to the plastic prisons. I'm still trying to track down a lunchbox. BTW is the lunchbox full size, or is it a smaller one?[/QUOTE]

It appears to be fullsize. If you check EBAY there are some auctions with it out of the "box". I didn't open mine yet....although, the inventory tracker on bestbuy.com seemed accurate.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Good to hear the Car 2 preorder works with no hassle - guess ill go buy this for $5 then.[/QUOTE]They're $7.50, not $5.

The pre-order money to put down went up a couple of years ago.

[quote name='shrike4242']They're $7.50, not $5.

The pre-order money to put down went up a couple of years ago.[/QUOTE]

wat? I just pre ordered it for $5

I called the BB number regarding the denied use of my rz cert. Dude told me to go back and straighten it out.

I'm not going out of my way to this store again. I just slammed them on the survey. That's enough justice for me... This time. I'm just satisfied with finding one of these.

Good luck to everyone else on the hunt. And yes it is regulation size. Pretty nice for $5 more. If I sell it won't be until later probably.

[quote name='shrike4242']They're $7.50, not $5.

The pre-order money to put down went up a couple of years ago.[/QUOTE]

Yea, i meant the TRU preorder deal since Dumbo had issues.
Unfortunately, they didn't have the BR/DVD combo in Blu-ray packaging just tons of DVD/BR's.
I grabbed the 3D version though for $8 more hoping I can probably sell it disc only for at least that.

I chose TRU on this one.
Bought 2 copies with the 3D ..

$27.99 sale
-$5 Disney coupon
-$5 Subway coupon (stopped on the way and they gave me 2)
-$10 for Cars 2 preorder
+$5 Cars 2 preorder
+ tax
= $14.51 each (and I still have the $5 for Cars 2, will wait and see what their deal is..)

Plan on selling the 3D or maybe trading

No override needed for the subway coupon.

Oh I lucked out to receive the last 2 posters...wow these are the nicest posters I've ever seen!
thick and holographic...don't forget to ask for yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with TRU as well:

$19.99 sale for 2 disc version
- $5.00 for preorder which gave me $8.00 off Dumbo
- $5.00 DMR coupon (no override needed)
- $10.00 for Cars 2 preorder
+ $5.00 Car 2 preorder
= $5.91

I'm considering cancelling the Cars 2 preorder and getting my $5 back. Unfortunately they were out of the posters and the only case they had was the DVD case :bomb:

[quote name='donut']I chose TRU on this one.
Bought 2 copies with the 3D ..

$27.99 sale
-$5 Disney coupon
-$5 Subway coupon (stopped on the way and they gave me 2)
-$10 for Cars 2 preorder
+$5 Cars 2 preorder
+ tax
= $14.51 each (and I still have the $5 for Cars 2, will wait and see what their deal is..)

Plan on selling the 3D or maybe trading

No override needed for the subway coupon.

Oh I lucked out to receive the last 2 posters...wow these are the nicest posters I've ever seen!
thick and holographic...don't forget to ask for yours![/QUOTE]

lucky to get both coupons off each, this is ymmv.

I HATE Coupons.com... DIE!!!

Learn from Gofobo.com and Groupon.com

Or goto Mobile coupons, corporate morons!! You are supposed to encourage customers to use your coupon. NOT to make it hard as hell to use without a home computer/printer! :|

Hmmm...didn't know these could stack. Definitely will look next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to return my pre-order since there's no point in having $5 off the thing when I can just use the $5 cash wherever I buy it later. They had a hell of a time getting the $5 pre-order off. Granted they gave me a $10 discount for putting down the $5 deposit BUT it's still a $5 deposit and nowhere does it say that the discount will be removed if the deposit is returned. In fact, it says on the receipt that you can get your deposit returned. I pointed that out and insisted. It took them 15-20 minutes to get my money back.

This brings up something else about their pre-order system that I find to be poorly done. When you claim your $5 deposit towards your purchase, I believe they count it as a sale (at least they used to). This means that they won't stack additional sale/discounts on it as easily. It also means that your $5 is no longer considered cash to them even though I'm sure there are federal banking regulations that would cover this. Not to mention I've been thinking about reporting it to my state. I haven't redeemed a pre-order in a while so I can't verify it so I'm hesitant about reporting them BUT they don't charge you tax when you do the deposit and IF they count it as a sale price THEN they aren't charging you tax at pick-up which means they got the $5 for the item and they didn't charge sales tax. If they're still doing this, I'm sure a lot of states would be interested in finding out about it.

bread's done
Back