Liongames.com - Closes It's Doors & Says Farewell

OOH NICE PRICES FOR SEPTEMBER! I probably WON'T get Smash Bros here..as I rather get it DEF day one (ok, I MUST have it!!)

But Smackdown vs Raw 08 AND Trauma Center prices are awesome!!

I really wish they had the $10 pre-orders and then you pay the rest off... I would fuckin LOVE that! It would be like.. some kind of Layaway system. Yes that sounds ghetto..but I would probably pre-order a whole lot of games this way!

C'mon Tony! Bring this back!! Give us a Layaway system!!

EDIT: If I choose to do Pay by Money Order/Check...when is that due? Can I just PayPal the rest? lol it would probably be more of a hassle for him, though :(

I don't want to sound like a negative nancy, but is there any way you could fix it so that actually searching for used games is easier? I noticed a lot of the games on the front page were OOS (as far as used games go). I would like to buy some used games from you, it is just that most of the stuff I want is OOS when I click on it.

And DMC4 is a great deal. I will order that one later, just have to decide which platform I want it for.

One day before is huge news for me since I'm in New Britain, CT and might actually see that game the day of It's release... granted I wouldn't be getting it at "mid-night" but I'll be $17 smarter.

Just preordered the super smash bros. and paid off my mass effect. I'm very satisfied with the bioshock preorder:)

i'd preorder ssbb if i didn't have to pay right now. I just don't like the idea of giving somebody my money for 3 months before i get a product.

err... melee, i mean

I really don't know what to do.. :(

Last week I got paid like $48 thanks to the lovely world of freebie sites..and I spent $10 so now I got $38ish chillin in my PayPal account. I have $6.01 in LionGames credit. Isn't this ironic that Trauma Center is $38..and the credit I have IS the shipping ?!

It sounds like a good deal, but this is one of those games I just might NEED day 1! But who knows..there's going to be SO many games coming out that week!... ugh

I has a question: Is there an option to buy gift certificates on here? I see that you can redeem them...(I ask this, because I'd love to try and get Gaminglagoon to buy me Liongames gift certificates, yay!)

With this latest incident of losing peoples Bioshocks I am tempted to cancel my order of Mass Effect in fear of the same thing. Ill pay off Mass Effect a month before it comes out like I am suposed to. Why on earth would I need pay off the rest of the balance this early?

[quote name='InuFaye']With this latest incident of losing peoples Bioshocks I am tempted to cancel my order of Mass Effect in fear of the same thing. Ill pay off Mass Effect a month before it comes out like I am suposed to. Why on earth would I need pay off the rest of the balance this early?[/quote]

I agree a month early is long enough, I want to see how my Halo 3 goes.

Did you ever think theres a ton of paperwork associated with all these preorders? It's not like he can recollect every order on a name by name basis. He probably has a deadline with his distributor for how ever many games he needs to order. The distributor also has a deadline with the publisher to finalize their orders.

Ontop of that, what do you think happens when hundreds (if not thousands) of people all rush to do finalize the transaction at the last time? Its a logistical nightmare and I'm sure Tony appreciates being able to take care of as many orders as soon as he possibly can.

[quote name='InuFaye']With this latest incident of losing peoples Bioshocks I am tempted to cancel my order of Mass Effect in fear of the same thing. Ill pay off Mass Effect a month before it comes out like I am suposed to. Why on earth would I need pay off the rest of the balance this early?[/quote]

I jumped at the Smash Bros. Brawl preorder. This is my first experience with Liongames, so I hope it goes well. Looking forward to receiving the game in December.

[quote name='Kayden']Did you ever think theres a ton of paperwork associated with all these preorders? It's not like he can recollect every order on a name by name basis. He probably has a deadline with his distributor for how ever many games he needs to order. The distributor also has a deadline with the publisher to finalize their orders.

Ontop of that, what do you think happens when hundreds (if not thousands) of people all rush to do finalize the transaction at the last time? Its a logistical nightmare and I'm sure Tony appreciates being able to take care of as many orders as soon as he possibly can.[/quote]

I really wonder how many people work under Tony :whistle2:k

He must need all the help he can get

[quote name='Monsta Mack']One day before is huge news for me since I'm in New Britain, CT and might actually see that game the day of It's release... granted I wouldn't be getting it at "mid-night" but I'll be $17 smarter.[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath. I live about an hour from Tony's store and it still took 3 days for my Bioshock to come. This was only first class delivery, so if you go for higher delivery it could come quicker, but right now I'm just hoping Halo 3 is at my house by Friday. That way I'll have it waiting for me when I come home for the weekend from college.

And nice deal on Smash and Trauma Center. Very tempting. Would Smash be shipped on like Wednesday or Thursday of that week it comes out?

[quote name='panasonic']Any word on Halo 3 shipping a day or two early?[/quote]I think he mentioned the earliest he'd be able to ship out Halo would be on the 24th. UPS orders might go out a few days earlier since the shipments go out from his supplier, or something to that effect. It was in this thread, if you want the words straight from Tony.

Here its (post #46):
[quote name='liongames']The 24th is the earliest i can legally ship it from here. my distributor will ship the ups orders earlier as they can time the delivery.[/quote]

Question which I'm sure has been answered before, I just don't wnat to look back at tons of pages

Am I charged up front when I pre-order something? or when it ships?

I believe I read upfront, I just want it clarified

Edit: I'd assume he does, since he uses Paypal, and they'd process it right away... which sucks or i'd pre-order a few games

Hey I have $6.01 in credit. I know it's supposed to deduct automatically..but when i go to the Paypal screen..it logs me and basically tells me to pay.. and it doesn't show ANY amounts.

Also, with paypal it doesn't let me choose what kind of shipping! I always pick the priority..Hmm..:whistle2:k

[quote name='chewster777']So is Dec 4 when Super Smash Bros will be shipped or the time it'll arrive? I must know.[/quote]

It isnt street dated so it will ship on the 6th.

[quote name='MrDubbs']So I can transfer my GTA Reg pre-order to the special edition one right Tony? I just have to email you?[/quote]
We are not taking ddeosits on the specail edition so you can change but need to pay the whole thing off at the time of purchase.

[quote name='lilboo']I really wish they had the $10 pre-orders and then you pay the rest off... I would fuckin LOVE that! It would be like.. some kind of Layaway system. Yes that sounds ghetto..but I would probably pre-order a whole lot of games this way!

C'mon Tony! Bring this back!! Give us a Layaway system!!

EDIT: If I choose to do Pay by Money Order/Check...when is that due? Can I just PayPal the rest? lol it would probably be more of a hassle for him, though :([/quote]

It is really a lot of extra work. Plus I got stuck with 3 bioshocks that people left deposits for and never paid off the balance. A week before street I had about 70 outstanding balances out. I do need to rethink this option.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't want to sound like a negative nancy, but is there any way you could fix it so that actually searching for used games is easier? I noticed a lot of the games on the front page were OOS (as far as used games go). I would like to buy some used games from you, it is just that most of the stuff I want is OOS when I click on it.

And DMC4 is a great deal. I will order that one later, just have to decide which platform I want it for.[/quote]

I been trying to keep up with that lately. As of saturday it was pretty accurate. I did fall behind the past fe days. You can also search by clicking on the buy used games button. Then choose your platform and choose all genres and it will sort them for you a-z. The front page only hold 100 titles as of now and I now there are more then 100 so I try to take the OOS off the page when i get time.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']One day before is huge news for me since I'm in New Britain, CT and might actually see that game the day of It's release... granted I wouldn't be getting it at "mid-night" but I'll be $17 smarter.[/quote]

My torrington ct video store is opened to midnight. So if you wanted to drive I might be able to work that out with you.

[quote name='liongames']It is really a lot of extra work. Plus I got stuck with 3 bioshocks that people left deposits for and never paid off the balance. A week before street I had about 70 outstanding balances out. I do need to rethink this option.[/quote]

I'll give you 45 bucks shipped for one...

jk

Just trying to get prepared that is all. Keep in mind i didnt lose anyones bioshocks. The post office misrouted some. If you choose to judge me on that , I would have no problem cancelling your game and refunding your money.

[quote name='tightclaws']I agree a month early is long enough, I want to see how my Halo 3 goes.[/quote]

Fingers crossed for you.:)

[quote name='Kayden']Did you ever think theres a ton of paperwork associated with all these preorders? It's not like he can recollect every order on a name by name basis. He probably has a deadline with his distributor for how ever many games he needs to order. The distributor also has a deadline with the publisher to finalize their orders.

Ontop of that, what do you think happens when hundreds (if not thousands) of people all rush to do finalize the transaction at the last time? Its a logistical nightmare and I'm sure Tony appreciates being able to take care of as many orders as soon as he possibly can.[/quote]

Very well put!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I really wonder how many people work under Tony :whistle2:k

He must need all the help he can get[/quote]

I have 20 employees at the video stores. It is basically just me and my wife for the website though.

[quote name='spree4567']Don't hold your breath. I live about an hour from Tony's store and it still took 3 days for my Bioshock to come. This was only first class delivery, so if you go for higher delivery it could come quicker, but right now I'm just hoping Halo 3 is at my house by Friday. That way I'll have it waiting for me when I come home for the weekend from college.

And nice deal on Smash and Trauma Center. Very tempting. Would Smash be shipped on like Wednesday or Thursday of that week it comes out?[/quote]

I shipping halo on monday you should really get it by firday but I would think you will get it on tuesday or wednesday. The bioshock thing wasnt the norm for sure. smash bros will go out 2 days after release

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I think he mentioned the earliest he'd be able to ship out Halo would be on the 24th. UPS orders might go out a few days earlier since the shipments go out from his supplier, or something to that effect. It was in this thread, if you want the words straight from Tony.

Here its (post #46):[/quote]

I will be shipping on monday. I also found out today that my distributor wont sens any ups orders out beofre monday either. Microsoft has really threatened big sanctions against any street date violations so they wont take the chance it gets there early. They should hot most of the cusotmers within one day but i am also sure some of the ups orders will be a 2 day ship.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Question which I'm sure has been answered before, I just don't wnat to look back at tons of pages

Am I charged up front when I pre-order something? or when it ships?

I believe I read upfront, I just want it clarified

Edit: I'd assume he does, since he uses Paypal, and they'd process it right away... which sucks or i'd pre-order a few games[/quote]

You get charged upfront. Paypal processes all my transactions. I dont have anyones CC info so I cant go back and charge at a later date.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey I have $6.01 in credit. I know it's supposed to deduct automatically..but when i go to the Paypal screen..it logs me and basically tells me to pay.. and it doesn't show ANY amounts.

Also, with paypal it doesn't let me choose what kind of shipping! I always pick the priority..Hmm..:whistle2:k[/quote]

Maybe you hit the paypal button to early. Try logging in at the site and go that way. we could always adjust the order afterwards if you cant get it to work.

[quote name='liongames']$50 and you got a deal.[/quote]

Deal, How do I pay you for it

does it come with a slip cover (sorry not familar with the different versions)

[quote name='MrDubbs']Deal, How do I pay you for it

does it come with a slip cover (sorry not familar with the different versions)[/quote]

Email me at the info address.

bread's done
Back