Lips: I love the 80's w/microphone £14.98, or $22.18

[quote name='gantt']Thanks, OP. I bit on the bundle, although I already have the mics from the original Lips. I guess it'll be a backup if Lips doesn't allow use of more than 2 mics. [/QUOTE]

Surprised nobody has mentioned these will work with Rock Band and RB: Beatles, which uses up to 4 mics I think.

I hope there is a code to have these songs in the regular Lips.

[quote name='turls']Surprised nobody has mentioned these will work with Rock Band and RB: Beatles, which uses up to 4 mics I think.

I hope there is a code to have these songs in the regular Lips.[/QUOTE]

There is no code to import songs. You have to disc swap. It sucks. The first disc (Lips '08, the new game lists it as), you have to swap before you sing a song on the first Lips... and then swap the disc back out when the song is done. It sucks, but it is the way it is...

[quote name='turls']Surprised nobody has mentioned these will work with Rock Band and RB: Beatles, which uses up to 4 mics I think.[/QUOTE]

I did some searching and saw a lot of pre-release info about how TB:RB would support three mics for harmonies, including Lips mics, but nothing that explicitly said it would support 3 Lips mics (vs. the 2 mics that ship with some Lips bundles, plus a USB mic).

Didn't see anything about the other Rock Band games.

I hope TB:RB (and maybe RB2?) do support 3 Lips mics.

Oh, and while we're ragging on MS for seemingly bizarre practices like not selling standalone NOH here and not selling ILT8 here at all, thought I'd rag on Sony for not selling the SingStar wireless mics here...

[quote name='gantt']I did some searching and saw a lot of pre-release info about how TB:RB would support three mics for harmonies, including Lips mics, but nothing that explicitly said it would support 3 Lips mics (vs. the 2 mics that ship with some Lips bundles, plus a USB mic).

Didn't see anything about the other Rock Band games.

I hope TB:RB (and maybe RB2?) do support 3 Lips mics.

Oh, and while we're ragging on MS for seemingly bizarre practices like not selling standalone NOH here and not selling ILT8 here at all, thought I'd rag on Sony for not selling the SingStar wireless mics here...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I had three Lips mics going in TB:RB and GH5 at a party. (It was difficult to set up and tell as most of the people playing were drunk and I could not keep track of their actions.)

So will my credit card company charge me any type of conversion fee because I'm buying this out of the country? I don't have experience with buying a lot of stuff like this out of the country.

[quote name='xbox_mole']So will my credit card company charge me any type of conversion fee because I'm buying this out of the country? I don't have experience with buying a lot of stuff like this out of the country.[/QUOTE]

Probably. I just called my credit card company to ask since I couldn't find it anywhere on their site. They told me 3%.

Disc only is still 12.98.

When filling out the order and using my US address, my shipping options don't include the royal mail for 4.95, just the UK delivery for free.

Anybody else have this happen?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Huge differences IMO.

I play both regularly.

Singstar has about 880 songs total. They have a huge backlog of PS2 discs that you can play on the PS3 versions. It shows the video while you're singing, although they really look like crap. Most videos are based on the original feed and are pretty rough looking. Singstar has support for recording a performance and putting a portion of it online. It also has the usual sing solo, battle modes, etc.

Lips IMO trumps singstar in the fact that it has WIRELESS mics. I think the UI is worse when trying to find a song, but I enjoy Lips more. The songs sound better. The videos look better. The different play modes are better. If Lips had more songs there would be no reason to even pick up Singstar again.[/QUOTE]

Another positive of Lips over Singstar is the "rap" songs. In singstar, it is close to impossible to get a decent score for them since it doesn't seem to register for anyone (check the singstar forums). In Lips, you can actually do well on them since it just checks that you make a noise on each word/phrase. Granted like said above, Singstar has a way better interface.

Question about the I love 80s disc... does it pick up your US downloaded tracks or would I have to swap out of the disc to a US disc in order to play them?

Yeah it'll see all your dlc. I haven't figured out why it doesn't show the original lips songs for disc swapping.

[quote name='180husher']Disc only is still 12.98.

When filling out the order and using my US address, my shipping options don't include the royal mail for 4.95, just the UK delivery for free.

Anybody else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

You select the delivery option at the first screen in the checkout process. If you're entering your address and you haven't yet selected RW Royal Mail shipping, you've gone too far.

I tried ordering and got this message...

Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion. (*Calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher). Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday, 9am to 6pm.

So uhh I guess I won't be getting in on this deal....

i had that problem also and emailed them why, and they said they can't tell me because it is all encrypted. they needed me to call them if i wanted them to continue on to see why i couldn't order either. i'm up in the air about calling, even though i can spend $5 on a phone card to do it, or as a friend suggested skype it.

[quote name='jw1976']i had that problem also and emailed them why, and they said they can't tell me because it is all encrypted. they needed me to call them if i wanted them to continue on to see why i couldn't order either. i'm up in the air about calling, even though i can spend $5 on a phone card to do it, or as a friend suggested skype it.[/QUOTE]

Well let me kno if it works out for you... I'm trying to see if it is my credit card company doing a hold or if it is GAME directly...

I got an email this morning saying their was a problem with my credit card??

I think this is fate's way of telling me I didn't need another Karaoke/music/rhythm game.

crazy I bought mine early Monday morning and got an e-mail it had shipped by the time i got home from work. I used a Visa? maybe that helps someone out

My credit card fraud protection wouldn't allow the transaction. I called them and they cleared future purchases. Just have to reorder now.

The bundle with mic ended up being about $30 after my credit card company charged their conversion fees. Not awful considering what I got. I can always sell that mic for at least $10...

Oh well, I didn't read the thread all that closely and didn't notice there was a game only version. I really don't need another mic, but more of the family can play then. LOL

Mine arrived today also, although I realized my Fiance' has been downloading songs on her own and I own 3 of these already lol, still this works and was a great deal !

Arrived today. The mic is white, while the mic in the box photo is black. Don't know if they changed the packout after they did the photo of if it's just luck of the draw, but not thrilled about that. Game and Royal Mail get kudos for fast shipping, though. About $30.50 total.

I got mine in the mail. Got a Black mic. I think its cool that it adds in the Party Classics achievements as well. I hope that gets cheap sometime soon.

It's up to 19.98pounds. Was this sold in the US? I guess I should have gone for it, but I feel like all these lips discs (no mic) should be $20 by now. MS needs to realize that if they want to rope in the 'casual' audience, they have to enable the casual prices. Perhaps they paid too much for licensing.

Mine came yesterday, one week exactly from order to Wisconsin. I have to admit that I am a sucker for avatar enabled games, and watching my avatar play air guitar while I sing songs by The Cure is pretty damn fun. My wife is embarassed because she thinks the neighbors will hear me, but who cares? :razz:

[quote name='ianoid']It's up to 19.98pounds. Was this sold in the US? I guess I should have gone for it, but I feel like all these lips discs (no mic) should be $20 by now. MS needs to realize that if they want to rope in the 'casual' audience, they have to enable the casual prices. Perhaps they paid too much for licensing.[/QUOTE]

No. This was not released in the US. For the price it is a very good deal. Considering that this comes with a mic, as well as 40 songs, paying about $30 isn't an awful price. Individual songs are $2 on the Lips store. They're competing directly with Singstar and doing a great job IMO. How are these packages arriving? USPS? Still nothing today and I ordered the day this sale was announced.

[quote name='mtxbass1']How are these packages arriving? USPS? Still nothing today and I ordered the day this sale was announced.[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine came USPS in a large bubble mailer.

For those who got theirs already, did the Game.co.uk site say that your order was "despached"? Mine has been sitting in that status since 5-10-10 and I tried emailing them to get clarification, with no response.

[quote name='Jav0r']11/05/2010 Your order has been dispatched. and don't know anything else. How long does it take to arrive?[/QUOTE]

Mine took 7 days after they sent me an email shipping notice.

Hmm looks like price is back up with mic now, still kicking around getting it tho.
Finally decided to pull the trigger, and they pulled the plug on the price :b snooze = lose

Totally going to bite if this is still the same price (game only) tomorrow after I get paid. It is thoroughly disappointing that they aren't releasing it in the US but even so, the UK wins out. The UK version of the original has some songs on it that are much better than the US choices.

Completely missed this, but would have loved to get in for ~$22. I'm still waiting to get in on the Lips series until I find a good deal on a game & mic combo. It is true that the RB/GH/Sing it mics don't work with Lips right? Or is that just what they say to get you to buy more mics?

Anyone looking to sell/trade their mic from this game if it was an extra? I need a second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine yesterday, shipped last Saturday.

It works with USB mics, but they don't have the motion controls that the Lips mics do and thus you limit some of your gameplay and achievements.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='TomoyoN']Mine shipped last Monday... Still havn't received it yet tho...[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's related - a week is probably the minimum shipping time - but Heathrow was shut for a bit last week due to Icelandicvolcanowithunpronounceablename.

bread's done
Back