LIPS (Includes 2 Wireless Interactive Microphones)$26.99 w/ free shipping

The folks discussing this over at SD seem to think this is the Spanish version of the game. Not sure why, though.

So I wait over a year, and then 2 days after I order Lips Hits with 1 microphone when it finally goes on sale, the original with 2 mics does. :headshake:

[quote name='reapersaurus']So I wait over a year, and then 2 days after I order Lips Hits with 1 microphone when it finally goes on sale, the original with 2 mics does. :headshake:[/QUOTE]
Well, if you're thinking about Rock Band Beatles or Green Day as well, three wireless microphones is the way to go...

Oh, it's definitely a thought, but I am going to wait until I get the 1 Lips mic and see how it works with RB:Beatles, then decide on the 2-mic package.

[quote name='reapersaurus']So I wait over a year, and then 2 days after I order Lips Hits with 1 microphone when it finally goes on sale, the original with 2 mics does. :headshake:[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing when i saw this post. Just ordered Lips w/one mic. Wow! Irony sucks! Great post though OP. Thanks.

Like many here, i only need one more microphone. I just ordered though, so if you need a mic just PM me with an offer and we can both end up with what we originally wanted.

this *may* be the spanish version of the game. whenever i see the original game on clearance in best buy stores, for around this price (30-35 bucks), it is always the spanish version. in fact that's how i got mine.

[quote name='DJP519']The folks discussing this over at SD seem to think this is the Spanish version of the game. Not sure why, though.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure where they are getting that from, although I don't see any mention of whether it's NTSC or otherwise.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']this *may* be the spanish version of the game. whenever i see the original game on clearance in best buy stores, for around this price (30-35 bucks), it is always the spanish version. in fact that's how i got mine.[/QUOTE]
How can we tell? Is there a way to punch the UPC or mfg codes into a site somewhere?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']How can we tell? Is there a way to punch the UPC or mfg codes into a site somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the original packaging for either one, (only the disc and case) but i do have both versions here next to me. The UPC is on that clamshell packaging that includes the mic.

The only differences i see between the 2 are on the bottom of the binding on the case. The spanish one says N9A 00083 , and the english one says N9A 00003 . Doubt that helps, but it's all i can find here.

The MFG Part # on each disc is exactly the same as well.

I should note that there's a small difference between each version. The only in game difference is that of the 40 songs included on disc, a portion are spanish , i wanna say 10 or so. All of the menus and everything else is in english. Either one you get, this is a great deal for the microphones alone. The software is like a bonus.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier'] Either one you get, this is a great deal for the microphones alone. The software is like a bonus.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but I already have one mic from the #1 Hits set. Having two more mics is cool but I also want a cool game to play, without a bunch on Spanish nonsense.

I have both. The English language version is UPC#882224733885 and the Spanish language version is UPC#882224778237. Both are NTSC by the way. If you can trust the picture of the item, the Spanish language version has a circular sticker on the front "Featuring Latin Music" near the ESRB rating and printed directly on the cover art is a green oval above the Microsoft Game Studios logo "Totalmente en Espanol".

There are also serial number stickers on them: Engish 050074565838 and Spanish 053173384842.

EDIT: According to the UPC and part number listed on the website, it is the English version.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I have both. The English language version is UPC#882224733885 and the Spanish language version is UPC#882224778237. Both are NTSC by the way. If you can trust the picture of the item, the Spanish language version has a circular sticker on the front "Featuring Latin Music" near the ESRB rating and printed directly on the cover art is a green oval above the Microsoft Game Studios logo "Totalmente en Espanol".

There are also serial number stickers on them: Engish 050074565838 and Spanish 053173384842.

EDIT: According to the UPC and part number listed on the website, it is the English version.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thank you!

[quote name='BLUEMANRULE']I said the same thing when i saw this post. Just ordered Lips w/one mic. Wow! Irony sucks! Great post though OP. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing you said about the same thing he said. Looks like I will have three microphones.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Awesome. Thank you![/QUOTE]
No problem, now (and I know I just bumped it) just let this thread die so I can sell my copies on fleabay for $50+ ;).

This is a good deal, even for such an old bundle.

This, in my opinion, is the best singing game series this generation. Its the most fun, and this game is very responsive with the wireless mics it comes with.

If I didn't already have it, I'd get it, and yes, I have 4 wireless mics. Two from original Lips (clearance from Target a long time ago), one from I Heart 80's bundle from UK recently, and one from #1 Hits bundle from Newegg a bit ago.

Lets find a good deal on Party Classics, I don't think that one comes in a bundle (thank goodness, since I finally hit my limit on wireless mics).

really wish I hadn't traded in the copy of Lips I got at Target for 12.99 on clearance. Now that I got my gf an arcade she has been wanting a karaoke game since she and her friends played singstar on my old PS2 I gave her a lot.

I'll wait and see if it drops a bit more.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']No problem, now (and I know I just bumped it) just let this thread die so I can sell my copies on fleabay for $50+ ;).[/QUOTE]
LOL. Yeah, I just ordered one for myself. I'm not into the whole "flipping" game.
[quote name='phantomer']i'm reading mixed reviews about wireless mic for rockband series. is this mic identical to the one being sold by MS?[/QUOTE]
It IS the one and only wireless mic that MS sells.

[quote name='DeadKevin666']So so these mics work with Rock Band?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works with Rock Band 2 and newer, including Beatles, Lego, and Green Day.

Some reviews complain that there is a slight lag between the mic and the game, and that hurts their scores when they are singing on hard or expert. But I'm pretty much strictly an easy or medium level singer, and it doesn't bother me. I will say, it is harder to hit the tambourine/cowbell notes with the wireless mic, it doesn't register the tapping as well. But overall, the wireless convenience is worth it to me. If you're a more serious singer, you might have an issue.

In for one. Song list looks meh but happy to have some wireless mics for Rockband. Even if they lag I don't much care as the only time anyone sings is class parties and they aren't really looking for high scores.

[quote name='DJP519']Yes, it works with Rock Band 2 and newer, including Beatles, Lego, and Green Day.

Some reviews complain that there is a slight lag between the mic and the game, and that hurts their scores when they are singing on hard or expert. But I'm pretty much strictly an easy or medium level singer, and it doesn't bother me. I will say, it is harder to hit the tambourine/cowbell notes with the wireless mic, it doesn't register the tapping as well. But overall, the wireless convenience is worth it to me. If you're a more serious singer, you might have an issue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's only being used for family members and such, who are usually on Easy. I'll do medium and maybe a Hard here or there. Good to know. Thanks.

bread's done
Back