LIPS Party Classics $11.99 (360 game only)

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lips:+P...lassics&lp=1&cp=1&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Noticed this was on sale at Best Buy today. This is the best deal this game has ever been. I'm not sure if it is the same price in store, but it most likely is, if you can find a copy. It's worth it even after the shipping cost though.

Songlist here...
http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-16212-Full-Lips-Party-Classics-Song-List.html

With LIPs games too, you can swap discs to play songs from old discs. Each iteration just has a slightly better engine, this one is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm not sure what is up with the link, both seem to not be working. You can find it easy enough searching the web site. The cheapest I've ever seen this game is $29.99 used at Gamestop as well.

Damn it Great price but it won't let me ship to my store and is unavailable for store pick up. :(
EDITNevermind I have to go out of town and that town has it in stock so got it for store pick up.
Thanks much last lips game I needed and I've never seen it for under 30 yet.

I still need to get "Lips: I love the 80's", but you can only get it from UK stores... I saw it at Amazon UK, but can't pull the trigger until payday...

These games are a blast - really good karaoke party games... Well worth the money. I don't think they are making any more, though - so that sucks...

this game is actually rare. There are no stores in northern california that have this that I know of. It sells for over 40 on ebay too. According to a BB employee the only copy is in AZ, Tucson.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']this game is actually rare. There are no stores in northern california that have this that I know of. It sells for over 40 on ebay too. According to a BB employee the only copy is in AZ, Tucson.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? Three of the four closest stores near me have it in stock. I'll definitely pick one up for this price, especially because USB mics work now. I've always had a hard time syncing the wireless one.

Great price for this hard to find game. I saw it earlier and ordered one for in store pickup, but the only store in the area that had it was 45 mins away. I was at my local bestbuy anyways today, so thought I would look as I heard from others on here that their online inventory won't show up if there are only 1-2 copies, and sure enough they still had 2 in stock, so I picked 1 up and had them pricematch the bestbuy.com price. So even if your store doesn't show it available, if it's not out of the way, I would still check your local store.

Where is a good place to get Lips: I Love the 80's? I tried getting it from Amazon.co.uk but it wouldn't let me check out.

I don't think its rare just rare to find under 40 dollars because most stores all ready clearanced it out long ago. My gamestops always have it in stock but I don't care to spend over 30 for it. I was tried buying it on ebay but every bid always ended at 35-40 shipped of more. My best buy has it everytime I went in but never went lower than the 39.99 price. My local sears still carries it also but its still 39.99 there.

Thanks for posting!

Here's the tracklist from Amazon comment section, I hope it's accurate.

Lips Party Classics 40 Songs
1. What's Up ~4 Non Blondes
2. Black Velvet ~ Alannah Myles
3. Rehab ~ Amy Winehouse
4. Doctor Jones ~ Aqua
5. Love Shack ~ The B-52's
6. Let's Get It Started ~ The Black Eyes Peas
7. Word Up ~ Cameo
8. Tubthumping ~ Chumbawumba
9. Rhythm of the Night ~ Debarge
10. Groove Is In The Heart ~ Deee-Lite
11. I Touch Myself ~ Divinyls
12. American Pie ~ Don McLean
13. Son Of A Preacher Man ~ Dusty Springfield
14. I Want To Know What Love Is ~ Foreigner
15. I Will Survive ~ Gloria Gaynor
16. Laid ~ James
17. You're Beautiful ~ James Blunt
18. Rock and Roll All Nite ~ Kiss
19. Sweet Home Alabama ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd
20. She Will Be Loved ~ Maroon 5
21. To Be With You ~ Mr. Big
22. These Boots Are Made For Walking ~ Nancy Sinatra
23. True Faith ~ New Order
24. Live Is Life ~ Opus
25. When A Man Loves A Woman ~ Percy Sledge
26. Every Rose Has Its Thorn ~ Poison
27. Brass In Pocket ~ The Pretenders
28. Shinny Happy People ~ R.E.M.
29. I'm Too Sexy ~ Right Said Fred
30. Addicted To Love ~ Robert Palmer
31. Kiss Me ~ Sixpence None The Richer
32. Wannabe ~ The Spice Girls
33. Friday I'm In Love ~ The Cure
34. My Sharona ~ The Knack
35. Unchained Melody ~ The Righteous Brothers
36. I Think We're Alone Now ~ Tiffany
37. It's Not Unusual ~ Tom Jones
38. Red Red Wine ~ UB40
39. Y.M.C.A ~ Village People
40. Is This Love ~ Whitesnake

[quote name='NickNorman']Wow, really? Three of the four closest stores near me have it in stock. I'll definitely pick one up for this price, especially because USB mics work now. I've always had a hard time syncing the wireless one.[/QUOTE]

I know weird. I clicked on the online chat button on BestBuy.com and I gave her the sku and my zip. Asked if I could have it shipped to me or where i could buy it. She said the only store that carried it was in AZ. I said, ya thats a bit of a drive, due to the fact i live in Sacramento.

[quote name='skiizim']Where is a good place to get Lips: I Love the 80's? I tried getting it from Amazon.co.uk but it wouldn't let me check out.[/QUOTE]

There was a thread on here within the last year...I remember getting it for about $20 shipped from some British game site. My wife thought she was going to tear this game up, but it turned out that just because you remember the chorus to a song it doesn't mean you remember the rest of it! I kicked her a$$ in every Tears for Fears song though...ranked #69 for "Shout" and was still about a billion points away from #1. Sadly, this is my only high score claim to fame.

Thanks OP, this was the last Lips game I needed!

[quote name='180husher']There was a thread on here within the last year...I remember getting it for about $20 shipped from some British game site.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found that thread, it was last July. That same site has it used but I'm real iffy about buying a game used internationally. I did find a few listings on eBay that may be the route I take.

I have the sing star mics with the usb adapter for PS3, I can try them on my 360 I guess, but I doubt they will work. Mine are fairly old, as far as the singstar mics go.

Edit: No the singstar mics do not work with anything on an Xbox 360. Couldn't get it to do squat with Lips / Guitar Hero / Rock Band / etc.

Good news is you probably can get a used USB microphone at Gamestop or something for dirt cheap. If its black colored and not a singstar mic it should be a logitech mic whether its labelled or not and should work with just about any recent music game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind MS abandoned lips a while back, there hasnt been new DLC for it in months. Ive heard Kinect Lips is going to be announced at E3, so we'll see if that happens.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Keep in mind MS abandoned lips a while back, there hasnt been new DLC for it in months. Ive heard Kinect Lips is going to be announced at E3, so we'll see if that happens.[/QUOTE]

i'm guessing if it does come out, it will be similar to the singstar move bundle game on ps3? dance and sing at the same time?

[quote name='frpilot']i'm guessing if it does come out, it will be similar to the singstar move bundle game on ps3? dance and sing at the same time?[/QUOTE]

One would assume so, but kinect has Dance Central, Dance Masters, Dance Paradise, Michael Jackson The Experience already out, along with Just Dance Kinect, Dance Central 2 and likely even more dance games due out. There just doesnt seem to be enough room for yet another dance title, but who knows.

Thanks OP! I have one waiting for pickup. I do have a question. Can I use the Kinect instead of a mic since the Kinect uses voice recognition or will I have to pick up a mic?

Thanks

Dammit. All of my local stores don't have this available to ship to and of course you can't just ship it to your house normally. I've been trying to find this game for months.

It is pure BS though that Microsoft stopped putting out songs for Lips btw.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Dammit. All of my local stores don't have this available to ship to and of course you can't just ship it to your house normally. I've been trying to find this game for months.

It is pure BS though that Microsoft stopped putting out songs for Lips btw.[/QUOTE]

If your local best buy isn't out of the way, you might want to try checking yourself. My local bestbuy didn't show it in stock either, but I went there yesterday anyways for something else, and thought I would check, and much to my surprise, they had 2 copies.

[quote name='bigbabyaggie99']Thanks OP! I have one waiting for pickup. I do have a question. Can I use the Kinect instead of a mic since the Kinect uses voice recognition or will I have to pick up a mic?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You need the Lips mic. It's got a motion sensor in it to activate its version of star power.

Nice deal. It sucks that MS was releasing new DLC practically weekly up until February of this year, and then just up and stopped without so much as a press release.

Good luck to anyone going for the full 200,000 stars in this-- Hope you like singing, a lot. :)

[quote name='elperuve']You need the Lips mic. It's got a motion sensor in it to activate its version of star power.[/QUOTE]

Rockband mic will work now also...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nice deal. It sucks that MS was releasing new DLC practically weekly up until February of this year, and then just up and stopped without so much as a press release.

Good luck to anyone going for the full 200,000 stars in this-- Hope you like singing, a lot. :)[/QUOTE]

Thats been fixed thankfully you can get 200,000 very easy now by downloading this buzzing file and putting it to your usb mic

[quote name='anthonyd46']Thats been fixed thankfully you can get 200,000 very easy now by downloading this buzzing file and putting it to your usb mic[/QUOTE]
Lame. :shame:

Does this game solve the 'disc swap' issue? I have the first one and #1 hits. We don't play those games anymore because there is no way of showing just the songs on the game in the drive.

[quote name='k9homan']Does this game solve the 'disc swap' issue? I have the first one and #1 hits. We don't play those games anymore because there is no way of showing just the songs on the game in the drive.[/QUOTE]

For some songs it will say right on it what game it is from but it can be hard to find them mixed in with all the others like for example when im playing the 80s disc i see Addicted to love with party classics in a subtitle, but im not sure i remember any of them saying like "original lips" for the others i still find it way too many songs on one screen and should be able to just see the songs on that disc alone which unless im missing an option no you cant see just the songs on the party classics list alone.

[quote name='skiizim']Yeah, I found that thread, it was last July. That same site has it used but I'm real iffy about buying a game used internationally. I did find a few listings on eBay that may be the route I take.[/QUOTE]

Ill be putting my 80's disc on ebay sometime in the next 3 days i hope so feel free to bid if you want.

In #1 Hits, Party Classics, and '80s, you can sort by "Disc," which puts all your DLC first, and then all the disc songs grouped with each other by disc. You still might need to scroll down to get to the disc that's actually in the drive but it's better than nothing. If you start with Party Classics or '80s, you can swap in another disc once and leave it in the drive as long as you keep playing songs on that disc.

IIRC, the original Lips songs only show up in your library if you're playing #1 Hits, the other discs don't recognize the original songs for whatever reason.

Thank you OP!
I've been waiting for a decent price on this for a couple years now. Went out to the local BB and grabbed it after pushing my way past some overzealous salespersons who were trying to sell me on friggin Dish network crap.
So, if anyone lives around Long Beach, CA, the Signal Hill store still has 4 copies on the shelves.

The copy I initially ordered online shipped today. They must have only had a few on hand for shipping. My guess is you won't be able to find this game at all at Best Buy once this sale is over.

I would like to order this game, along with Fable 3 CE, but they both showed unavailable for shipping as of a few days ago. And when I tried to select store pick up, after clicking on every store near me that initially said "Availalble in 7-10 days" it would change to "Unavailable". It looks like the only store that does have the game is about an hour away. Screw that. I'd spend $15 in gas just to drive there and back.

Sometimes I wish I went to this site right when I got my 360, I bought this for $30 because I didn't find copies for it anywhere else.

Hopefully Number One Hits will probably reach that price.

[quote name='victimsofadown']Awesome. Thanks a bunch OP! Had to site-to-store, but ended up being $2 after RZ coupon[/QUOTE]

The ship to store option was disabled for virtually every store I checked. Given that it isn't available online, there was likely a copy in the store you selected.

Glad I got one, either way.

bread's done
Back