Lipton Brisk Ice Tea Dance Central 3/Gears Of War:Judgement instant win

[quote name='dennisb407']winner winner chicken dinner up to #5 now[/QUOTE]

They keep spamming my email lol, Even after I entered the info. I tried to do it again but it says information has already been filled.

i didn't get any kind of email...
EDIT: i only won the game though not a bundle so maybe that's why?

[quote name='nypickle']I got the email 3 times, completed the form. So dumb that it's 8-10 weeks from now. What about the other 6 weeks since I won? Dislike that promos/contests take an eternity.[/QUOTE]

At least you won something. I've been texting since the start & no dice. :cry:

anybody get this message after trying to fill out the form twice?

Sorry, we were unable to find your email address.
Please check the address and try again.

may have to give them a call tomorrow

I got 6 emails today from this promotion about the 1600 MSP that I won. They just kept coming in. It was fucking ridiculous. Each time I tried to fill it out error'd out after the 4th time, though.

Just got the email.

CONGRATULATIONS!

You are a potential winner of the following prize in the Lipton® Iced Tea/Dance Party 3 And Brisk® Gears Of War: Judgment "Game On" Instant Win Game And Sweepstakes, pending verification against the Official Rules.

Gears of War: Judgment - IW: XBOX Console with Kinect®

Please go to update.rewardpromo.com/gameon within 10 days to redeem your prize. Allow 8-10 weeks after verification to receive your prize, per the Official Rules.

On behalf of The Pepsi-Lipton Team Partnership, thanks for participating in the promotion!

If you have any additional questions, please call 1-866-225-2649 between 8 am and 8 pm ET Sunday through Saturday.

Did they basically just resend the emails we get when we instantly win? It sounds like a bug, especially if they sent it more than once

I still haven't gotten a email recently about my Xbox, too

I just went to update.rewardpromo.com/gameon and input my email address and it tells me they can't find my email, uh oh

I won the gears console and my wife won 1600 points. I'm trying to decide if I should even fill out the points one because it said something like 1 per person/household. Does that mean 1 per person per household or one per person or household?

Also, I've received 28 emails about the 1600 points, they must really want me to get it.

[quote name='Wario64']I just went to update.rewardpromo.com/gameon and input my email address and it tells me they can't find my email, uh oh[/QUOTE]

Sigh, yeah the same here.

I don't know what the hell is going on with the prize fulfillment but I'm starting to believe that the chance of getting my prize keeps decreasing as the days pass.

Decided to shoot an email off to them myself since I hadn't heard anything from them since early Feb. Only won a copy of Gears, but was still curious. This is what they sent me.

Thank you for your inquiry. Our system indicates that you are a potential winner of a Gears of War: Judgment Game for Xbox 360. Please be aware that all winners are considered potential winners until their win has been verified at the end of the promotional period.

Please allow 8-10 weeks from March 19th to receive your prize. If you don't receive your prize in this time frame, please let us know and we will do our best to get you a resolution as quickly as possible.
Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

Guess they must have gotten a bunch of emails, now they actually specify 8-10 weeks from the release date. That sucks.

Soooo decided to call the number provided in the email that most people have been getting. It directs me to a call center where apparently they are saying I won a $100 Walmart Giftcard along with a couple of other things. I kept asking about the Lipton/Brisk promotion and the guy just kept sidestepping my question and asking for my address to send the gift card out.

Starting to get worried that somehow a lot of peoples entries are getting lost or crossed with another promotion. In any case I dont feel confident ill receive the XBOX console I won back at the beginning of February, just seems to strange that it can be this confusing and disjointed. Best of luck to every one though.

This is the email I got from prizelogic moments ago

Dear Lipton & Brisk Game On Participant,

Please IGNORE emails from:
[email protected]
They are in no way associated with Pepsi, Lipton, Brisk, or PrizeLogic, and are attempting to scam email addresses.

Please DO NOT go to, or enter information at the site:
http://update.rewardpromo.com/gameon

This is not an official Brisk site. All links pertaining to this promotion will begin with:
http://www.gameonpromo.com
Any links not containing this exact words should not be clicked.

If you are unsure of a link or email, please don't hesitate to contact PrizeLogic and we will verify the legitimacy of it.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

---
NOTE: When replying to this email please leave the subject-line intact.

Wow thanks for posting, sheesh and every one has been putting their email in me included. Ugh...glad I didnt give them my credit card information when they asked for it. Very sneaky people indeed, when I asked about the Lipton/Brisk contest the person replied "Sorry, they are having technical difficulties so their calls are getting routed here, may I have your credit card information?".

Based on that it sounds like their winners database got hacked. Winning this contest might end up being more of a curse than a gift...

Re-reading the email it definitely looks like a scammer. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and I already gave them my info earlier.

But, the better question is how did they get our prize information and email addresses? The email specifically references the prize I won so how did they get this?

[quote name='Rockinjs']This is the email I got from prizelogic moments ago

Dear Lipton & Brisk Game On Participant,

Please IGNORE emails from:
[email protected]
They are in no way associated with Pepsi, Lipton, Brisk, or PrizeLogic, and are attempting to scam email addresses.

Please DO NOT go to, or enter information at the site:
http://update.rewardpromo.com/gameon

This is not an official Brisk site. All links pertaining to this promotion will begin with:
http://www.gameonpromo.com
Any links not containing this exact words should not be clicked.

If you are unsure of a link or email, please don't hesitate to contact PrizeLogic and we will verify the legitimacy of it.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

---
NOTE: When replying to this email please leave the subject-line intact.[/QUOTE]

This is VERY interesting.
Yes, I received several of the emails yesterday, as well. And I did follow the link (now, I'm kicking myself - I should know better). But there's a couple things that are making me wonder:

1: I have gone back to the original link in the email, followed it, and put in a legit email address, but not my winning one. Result: email address not found. Similar to people here who did receive the email, but were getting the same result. However, with my winning email address yesterday, it took me to a second page where I entered in my info (name, address, etc.).
2: The (several) emails I received stated explicitly what prize I had won (in my case, the GoW game).

This whole thing is really interesting. I don't think it is just a phishing attack; it can't be, unless they're just confirming info.

Personally, i think PrizeLogic was compromised, and they're covering for it, saying it is a phishing attempt. At the very least, they have our email address and the prize we won and are replying on us to supply the rest of the info...? Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Yea now I feel stupid for even entering my info hopefully the worst that comes from it is alot of spam. I also called the number before I emailed prizelogic and it was saying something about a $100 walmart Giftcard I hung up after the CS rep said the same thing you said they did I didn't give em time to get to the part about asking for my CC information though wonder if they are trying to scam the prizes from everybody and how do they know the list of winners ?

[quote name='Rockinjs']Yea now I feel stupid for even entering my info hopefully the worst that comes from it is alot of spam. I also called the number before I emailed prizelogic and it was saying something about a $100 walmart Giftcard I hung up after the CS rep said the same thing you said they did I didn't give em time to get to the part about asking for my CC information though wonder if they are trying to scam the prizes from everybody and how do they know the list of winners ?[/QUOTE]

I think most of us would have been skeptical except for the fact that they knew which prize we had won.

Wow, this sucks. But yeah, there's more going on than a simple phishing scam since they knew valid email addresses and the correct prizes.

I don't know what to think now after going over to SD to see what they are saying young America who are handling the prizes for prizelogic I called the number they have posted on SD and for it at least when you call it says what it is the lady there then goes on to tell me that their system just sent out multiple emails on accident and to ignore them but that she could see a prize that is being processed to be delivered to my house within the next few weeks.Can only hope nothing has been compromised guess well know soon

[quote name='Rockinjs']I don't know what to think now after going over to SD to see what they are saying young America who are handling the prizes for prizelogic I called the number they have posted on SD and for it at least when you call it says what it is the lady there then goes on to tell me that their system just sent out multiple emails on accident and to ignore them but that she could see a prize that is being processed to be delivered to my house within the next few weeks.Can only hope nothing has been compromised guess well know soon[/QUOTE]

It really is odd that prizelogic hasn't emailed everyone telling them to ignore those emails.

I guess I sorta called it. I said the email thing was a 'bug.' But I don't think it's phishing. Probably just an error, that's all...

I knew something seemed suspicious. I never did get an email. It doesn't make sense to confirm the prize again when I already called them a couple weeks ago and they said the prize was processing.

If it is a phishing attempt, it's a very elaborate one. I mean, it even denied my email address. No phisher would deny anyone's info if they were so willing to give it up

In any case, I'm glad I used one of my spam email addresses to confirm this prize, I guess

I emailed several PrizeLogic support email addresses as well as submitted my question from the website. Here is their reply:

"Dear Lipton & Brisk Game On Participant,
We apologize for the multiple emails you may have received from [email protected] It has come to our attention that there was a glitch in the system that was sending these emails. This email is affiliated with the Lipton & Brisk Game on Promotion and was sent by Young America on behalf of Lipton & Pepsi and the Game On Promotion. You were only supposed to receive one of these. The email’s purpose was to update our records attached to the email address so that once the winner verification process has been completed, the prizes can be accurately shipped out if you visited this link just one time.
We are sorry for the error and inconvenience.
Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support"

I double-checked, [email protected] was the email address that was sending them yesterday. So, we may be safe afterall...

That still doesn't explain why the phone number in the email goes to a $100 walmart gift card offer.

EDIT: I called the number and pressed 0 instead of 1. It took me to a CSR who thanked me for pressing 1. I told him i had not and asked him who he worked for, he said it was a company called "Creative Marketing" who represents over 800 retailers and companies. My favorite line from the call was when he said that Young America's phone number was disconnected because they were having problems with their system, so it was being routed to Creative Marketing and the voucher is YA "making up for the trouble."

Maybe it was a typo or incorrect number in the email. But, I'm not buying the excuse. Even if the email was only meant to go out once, the phone number is OBVIOUSLY incorrect. I'm still not convinced that they were not compromised.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is legit, the phone number in the email has a glaring typo, as YA's phone number is 1-866-225-2644. The one in the email is 2649.

I just called YA - they confirm the email was legit and they are aware the phone number was mis-keyed in the email. I did advise them that the company with the incorrect number is aware of the issue and name-dropped Young America.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I just called YA - they confirm the email was legit and they are aware the phone number was mis-keyed in the email. I did advise them that the company with the incorrect number is aware of the issue and name-dropped Young America.[/QUOTE]

Wait a damn minute. Everyone else is saying it's all a phishing scam and you're saying it's authentic? What "young america" number did you call? One from that email itself or one you got elsewhere?

I provided my info to them. If this i a scam because they got their database hacked and they aren't disclosing it, that sure sounds like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. Especially if they're now telling people that the email is authentic to hide the fact that they've been hacked. That sounds down right criminal.

FYI: Just looked at the last couple pages of slickdeals. Folks there are claiming the site is legit but the phone number is wrong on the emails.

Just got off the phone with them as well. They said that the email is correct but the number is not and to ignore ANY multiples that may be sent out as that is an error as well. So every one rest easy, your information got the to the right place, just dont fall for whatever trick that phone number leads to about a $100 gift card and such and you should be fine.

Jesus, trying to wade through all this panic.

My theory:
Best guess, they sent out these emails accidentally. That domain they're using is only for legit contests. It's a trusted site, HOWEVER, they didn't need that info, they already had it.

So someone noticed, saw a wrong number, called PrizeLogic (As you guys do WAY too much) and the logical response from the CSR of an unexpected email with wrong data = SCAM and that's when all the panic began, when in reality, it was just a script that accidentally sent off requesting all that info without needing to.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Jesus, trying to wade through all this panic.

My theory:
Best guess, they sent out these emails accidentally. That domain they're using is only for legit contests. It's a trusted site, HOWEVER, they didn't need that info, they already had it.

So someone noticed, saw a wrong number, called PrizeLogic (As you guys do WAY too much) and the logical response from the CSR of an unexpected email with wrong data = SCAM and that's when all the panic began, when in reality, it was just a script that accidentally sent off requesting all that info without needing to.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm guessing happened. It was kind of a perfect storm of things.

People receiving an email to go to a site and confirm their info (info that has been submitted already); I've won plenty of things from PL, and never had a re-submit like that. Then receiving that email repeatedly. While the site seemed legit, the email did have an incorrect phone number; sadly, that number was for one of the worst kind of "offers." (It didn't help that, when I called and mentioned only Lipton Brisk, the person replied with Young America, so they seem to know what's up on their scam side.)

PL/ YA should send out an follow-up email as soon as possible, assuaging people's fears, and explaining that the phone number listed is incorrect. I'm sure there are people that haven't checked their email since yesterday.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']shirt was delivered today via USPS.[/QUOTE]

When did you win? I'm still waiting on my dance central 3 I won on February 18...

[quote name='MykelxKnight']When did you win? I'm still waiting on my dance central 3 I won on February 18...[/QUOTE]

Feb 2nd.

It looks like that email was a scam....

I've been getting phone calls from random sweepstakes for entry of cash, they were automated messages asking for info I just hung up

They wouldn't need that info. They have it. People call me pretty often for junk. If you're around this forum enough, there's bound to be some leaks. This wasn't it.

[quote name='M3wThr33']They wouldn't need that info. They have it. People call me pretty often for junk. If you're around this forum enough, there's bound to be some leaks. This wasn't it.[/QUOTE]

I don't ever usually receive these phone calls and I guarantee you it was from that email, they say thanks for registering recently and you've won a chance into a $2,500 /sweepstakes.

The number I used is a new phone number so I highly doubt it was from something else

[quote name='MykelxKnight']It looks like that email was a scam....

I've been getting phone calls from random sweepstakes for entry of cash, they were automated messages asking for info I just hung up[/QUOTE]
Never answer unknown numbers.

I'm starting to lose hope, I might just trade a game in with the 50% bonus and get GoWJ. I'm not too optimistic that the game is coming from Lipton or whoever.

bread's done
Back