List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

Monster Energy Drink promo - For xbox one / xbox360 Free Gun for Watch Dogs (MP-412) just text "watchdogs" to 89800 and you get a texted a code back then go to watchdogs.monsterenergy.com and put that code in and pick which system you want it for

Dark Souls 1 seems to be free for games with gold this june, also Halo: Spartan Assault
Already been announced but you got it a little mixed up. Dark Souls and Charlie murder are the Xbox 360 along with Super Street fighter 4 arcade Edition as a bonus for the one year anniversary of games with gold. Halo spartan assault and Max the curse of Brotherhood is going to be the first games available for games with gold on the Xbox One.

[background=#23252b]Monster Energy Drink promo - For xbox one / xbox360 Free Gun for Watch Dogs ([/background][background=#23252b]MP-412) just text "watchdogs" to 89800 and you get a texted a code back then go to w[/background][background=#23252b]atchdogs.monsterenergy.com and put that code in and pick which system you want it for[/background]
If you aren't keen on sending a text to Monster energy drinks, you can just enter this code (2L4K-7KK5-HFM9) on this website ( http://watchdogs.monsterenergy.com/). The code they send you via text is the same for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already been announced but you got it a little mixed up. Dark Souls and Charlie murder are the Xbox 360 along with Super Street fighter 4 arcade Edition as a bonus for the one year anniversary of games with gold. Halo spartan assault and Max the curse of Brotherhood is going to be the first games available for games with gold on the Xbox One.
Addendum: In order to play the free games for Xbox One, you will need to maintain a Gold subscription. This is very similar to free games from PSN with a PSN+ membership.

its not free its a demo with content stripped out. Not sure why you guys consider these things mentionable as freebies. Its the game removed of 4 parts sold at 6 bucks each and totals 25 bucks; more than the game originally sold at release (what was it 20 if i recall). Using this model you actually pay more.

The game shouldn't count as a mention here. The game before this was hanging around 10-15. It should either stay around 10 bucks or be gwg. Really desperate attempt to recuperate falling sales.

Notice that Nike soccer AD that was reported for the UK found it on my US dashboard with two avatar soccer suits and that Nike jacket
zx4s5i.jpg
FINALLY!!!

This finally showed up in my Ads space. Got the outfits. The movie is pretty cool as well.

Cheers and thanks for spotting this.

Xbox Video is trying an experiment. Free movie rentals with ads. Nothing great, old catalog films, but it's free. I found the easiest way to find them is do a search in Xbox Video for "ads". I see four:

Harold and Maude - a dark comedy from 1970. Probably the best of these.
Powaqqatsi - artsy fartsy documentary.
Platoon Leader - a cheap knockoff of Platoon, starring Michael Dudikoff.
Wrong Turn at Tahoe - Cuba Gooding Jr. crime drama.

Like I said, nothing great, but free.

Games with Gold and Deals with Gold for Xbox One are now available.

Halo: Spartan Assault and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

I bought mine from xbox.com, even i don't have a Xbox One
**Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. Must download titles during designated window. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

I "bought" them anyway on Xbox.com even though I don't have a Xbox One yet.

I guess you don't have to download the Xbox One freebies, just buy them while they are free.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/473982548750528514
Thanks, but we all knew this ages ago. This is misconception.

Do not mix up with "purchases" and "download", they are entirely different.

Purchases means you own the license.

Download means you transfer contents to your local device.
Free games with Gold means price changes to zero.( or 100% price drop )

Paying $0.00 is still considered as a "purchase" on xbox live.

Q. Why are people mixing these concepts nowadays?

A. Because some people call it "free to download" while its actually "free to purchase".

Everything is "free to download" once you already own the license, you do not need to pay separately for downloading.

Umm...I know what purchase and download mean. The confusion is because in their fine print it says "Must download titles during designated window."

I know with Xbox 360 it didn't matter if you downloaded them or not. As long as you bought them while they were free. I just thought it was different with Xbox One. Well, at least the wording made it seem that way.

The Twitter link just confirms that you don't have to actually download them, just purchase them.

Then again, this Xbox Support person might be giving incorrect info.

Purchased and downloaded both on my console then purchased both on the website for my nephew who doesn't have an xbox one yet. He should be set whenever he gets one.

There's a Subaru WRX ad on the Canadian dash (found under the games tab) that has a minigame, a gamerpic and a theme for free. 

Pes12 you are correct for the 360 but games with gold on the Xbox one operate more like PS+ they are not purchased persay just Useable till gold expires.

On the Australian dashboard there is a Grimlock avatar prop being offered for watching the Transformers: Age of Extinction trailer.  Don't know if the ad is available in the US or other regions, but...well, the prop is not region-locked. 

no, they are yours forever. you lose Gold, you still get to keep the games.
uh not technically true. With xbox 360 yes you do get to keep the games and play the games even if you let your XBL Gold lapse to the free version....

However GWG on Xbox One works a little more like PS+ you have to have XBL Gold to download and play these games.. If you let your Gold membership lapse you cannot play the GWG games until you sign back up to gold.

Dutch, UK, but I think it's gone already.
Found it on the Netherlands (Dutch) dashboard. The thing is, I was too lazy to make a new account... So I just changed the locale on my console to Netherlands. Signed in on my profile and watched the trailer, but it wouldn't let me download it. Wouldn't even give me an error code. So, I'm still not sure if the 2 controller trick works.

Never mind, 2 controller trick does NOT work... poo!

On the Australian dashboard there is a Grimlock avatar prop being offered for watching the Transformers: Age of Extinction trailer. Don't know if the ad is available in the US or other regions, but...well, the prop is not region-locked.
Yeap confirmed, the 2 controller trick works fine in US Profile

bread's done
Back