List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

I got Dishonored a week a ago when it was on sale, but no regret what so ever caz I didn't pay with my own money that is! Certainly hope they'll add discount on dlcs when it's out for grabs.

Curses and cool about August GwG.

I already own those games but my oldest son does not have MM. Time to hone my skills in MM to compete against him.

Cool selection. Is there a pattern to the GwG anyone?

Cheers

Curses and cool about August GwG.

I already own those games but my oldest son does not have MM. Time to hone my skills in MM to compete against him.

Cool selection. Is there a pattern to the GwG anyone?

Cheers
I think I'm starting to see a pattern of, games going on sale on DwG, then a couple weeks later showing up free on GwG

I let my gold expire since I hadn't really cared that much. Glad to see I'm not missing a lot. 

I might get another sub on the next decent sale. We'll see. 

it actually has a gamerscore??? weird i generally skipped it because well its basically an app to do ms's work for them also its like 500 megs so it would just be taking up a nice chunk of hd space. But with a gs sure

my bad it was actually closer to a gig.Bloatware much ms? bad enough you set off several gigs for the os alone now this. Its a mini voice recording and testing app. Seriously going to delete this as its a space waster of an app

It has like 8 tracks of sounds you have to say. Takes about 30 min for a track to upload. Gonly gets you 40 gamerscore. Lot of trouble for 40 nerd points.

Anyway to get this for free through the xbox 360? I go to buy the season pass and it still charges you $28. Can't download from that link because I don't have a credit card attached to my account and they made it so that you have to have a credit card to purchase stuff from xbox.com even free stuff.
I just purchased it through that link and I don't have a CC attached to my account.

agreed its not technically free. Kinda tired of people throwing up mentions of F2p under free thread. Its like someone saying free with purchase its still not anyones definition of "free"

agreed its not technically free. Kinda tired of people throwing up mentions of F2p under free thread. Its like someone saying free with purchase its still not anyones definition of "free"
I dont think the people posting the f2p stuff actually know its f2p and not free. Just an honest mistake on their part. I doubt they are purposely doing it to fool anyone.

Anyone know where I can find an in depth guide to this Airmech Arena game? Its fun but I've never played an RTS before and it takes me forever to beat the computer. I pretty much only got one star on those challenges.

Musha how could anyone not realize its f2p? the link itself says free followed underneath by a mention of things to buy and its pretty obvious its not dlc. Doesn't take a genius to actually look a little before you post. I hear the words free and i usually check first to make sure thats the case. Its almost like people either just post whatever after hearing the words free without bothering to check first if thats really the case. Gets pretty annoying when people post supposed freebies here when they are barebones free demos essentially and not actual free games.

You answered your own question. They see free and just think 'oh, neat, free' and post it. I bet a lot of times they post before they even finish the download. The link itself does say "Full Game - AirMech Arena FREE" so I can understand the mistake by someone who doesnt know any better.

I was saying they just didnt bother to figure out it was F2P before posting and that they didnt deliberately post it to try to trick you into buying a bunch of micro transactions.

Edit: Also it is better to see posted in here than to have threads like the following popping up:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333845-free-airmech-arena-xbox-360-in-arcade-secton/

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. But still careless and lazy. Not recommend anyone gets banned or kicked but maybe warned a bit about that, Way too many people don't think and just post that crap here. Wish the mods would monitor that a bit more because this thread gets demos, f2p pretty much anything. A normal person would be skeptical about anything thats supposedly free. At least thats how i am. This thread is intended for true freebies.

You answered your own question. They see free and just think 'oh, neat, free' and post it. I bet a lot of times they post before they even finish the download. The link itself does say "Full Game - AirMech Arena FREE" so I can understand the mistake by someone who doesnt know any better.

I was saying they just didnt bother to figure out it was F2P before posting and that they didnt deliberately post it to try to trick you into buying a bunch of micro transactions.

Edit: Also it is better to see posted in here than to have threads like the following popping up:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333845-free-airmech-arena-xbox-360-in-arcade-secton/
I tryed it first and got a achievement. What is the dlc for. Im sure you do not need to buy it ?

I'm of the side the F2P games really has no place being mentioned here under the context of Look free game at this link. Its misleading and careless to post it in a thread intended for true free stuff. It has no place here and wish the mods would personally start warning those who post without thinking 

I'm of the side the F2P games really has no place being mentioned here under the context of Look free game at this link. Its misleading and careless to post it in a thread intended for true free stuff. It has no place here and wish the mods would personally start warning those who post without thinking
No keep it on here, i never heard of the game. Only saw it today free. Ill try and get the full gamescore with out buying dlc. Its like Happy wars and ascend hand of kul, i got the full gamescore ... I do not get it free is free ???? Explain

Perhaps an unspoken rule...if a game is F2P (AKA, normally free and not on sale/discount/whatever) whoever posts it should also mention that it is a F2P game.

Doesn't matter to me though, free is free.   :D/ Plus I do NOT see the need for this thread for free items and another thread for free items.

I don't mind if someone posts a f2p game as long as they mention it's f2p with micro transactions, what annoys me more is the dozen+ posts that follow that bitch about it...

No keep it on here, i never heard of the game. Only saw it today free. Ill try and get the full gamescore with out buying dlc. Its like Happy wars and ascend hand of kul, i got the full gamescore ... I do not get it free is free ???? Explain
Well, I'm assuming you need xbl gold to play it. Some people say it isn't free because you have to put money into the game to beat it. I say it isn't free since you need a subscription to play.

Well, I'm assuming you need xbl gold to play it. Some people say it isn't free because you have to put money into the game to beat it. I say it isn't free since you need a subscription to play.
Then should the GwG games for Xbox One not be mentioned in here also?

EDIT: I think it would be great to post any free content and also include under which circumstances said content is free:

• Requires Xbox Live Gold
  • Requires you to live in Germany/GB/Atlantis/etc.
  • Requires extra purchases to stand a chance in the game
  • or whatever.

You know that it only takes a few seconds to go and look to see that it is F2P, right? Everyone will see that it is and decide then if they want to continue or not, but it is still FREE. You can still play it, while at a slight disadvantage, and work your way past that obstacle. There is no need to complain about it.

It's not like it's Crimson Alliance where "playing" it free is literately a joke.

Anyone know if you can you enter/use a pre-paid cc card with 0 funds and expired to download free stuff from xbox.com?

Yes. Use a virtual or prepaid credit card. However, you may need at least $1 for a temporary pre-authorization the first time you add the card. After you add the card, you can drain the funds.

You can download and play it with a silver account.

You do not have to spend anything to beat the game.

You need a internet connection and a xbox 360 to download this game for free. :rofl:

this thread gets demos, f2p pretty much anything. This thread is intended for true freebies.
This thread is a "list of all free xbox live marketplace content", that includes f2p titles, if it's free (even if it has paid/premium content) it's a part of this thread. This thread is not just for items that are time limited, discounted &/or reduced to a cost of zero, it's for ALL FREE content.

[quote name="doktor wilhelm" post="11971684" timestamp="1406833798"]This thread is a "list of all free xbox live marketplace content", that includes f2p titles, if it's free (even if it has paid/premium content) it's a part of this thread. This thread is not just for items that are time limited, discounted &/or reduced to a cost of zero, it's for ALL FREE content.[/quote]

Free is Free for all to see :)

Xbox one users get 2 free games on the 1st do they also get 2 more on the 15th?
Both games will be available for the entire month. The XB1 catalog isn't large enough yet to provide 2 different free games every 2 weeks.

Who knows what will happen on September 1st. XB1 may get 2 different games, 1 game may be switched out while the other extended a month (as happened with Max from June into July), or perhaps both games get carried into Sept.

Anyone else having issues reaching the confirmation stage of purchasing "Crimson Dragon" via xbox.com? I'm on my ipad and I had my gf use her MacBook (w/Chrome) and still couldn't get it to pop through. Hell, I even tried using the IE app on my 360, which I got the furthest with. White pop-up screens, as far as the eye can see.... I've let them sit and try to finish loading for an eternity and I've tried refreshing everything under the sun, still no joy.

Anyone else having issues reaching the confirmation stage of purchasing "Crimson Dragon" via xbox.com? I'm on my ipad and I had my gf use her MacBook (w/Chrome) and still couldn't get it to pop through. Hell. I even tried using the IE app on my 360, which I got the furthest with. White pop-up screens, as far as the eye can see.... I've let them sit for an eternity and I've reloaded everything under the sun, still no joy.
Worked fine for me last night using Chrome, think I might have had to try twice but no problems like you. Maybe it's tied in with all of the trouble they are having?

bread's done
Back