List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

While we’re on the subject of free DLC for Xbox 360 games that you cannot actually download through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, I’d like to mention the five free Cerberus network items in Mass Effect 2. As mentioned on the first page of this thread, Cerberus Network is free. However, downloading the Cerberus Network file does not (instantly) allow the user to download the extra items; you have to run Mass Effect 2 in order to see them. Once you start up Mass Effect 2 disc one, you will be prompted to link your Xbox LIVE account to an EA (Origin) account, if you have not already done so. When you go to either “Downloadable Content” or “Cerberus Network” you will see the following files available for download:

[SIZE=10pt]§  [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Normandy Crash Site[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§  [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Zaeed - The Price of Revenge[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§  [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Cerberus Weapon and Armor[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§  [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Arc Projector[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§  [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Firewalker Pack[/SIZE]

To clarify, even after you download Cerberus Network, the five extra items do not show up in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace in the Xbox 360 dashboard. You have to actually run Mass Effect 2 in order to access them.

While I’m on that subject, does anyone know of any other such free DLC that only shows up in the game the DLC is for, and does not also show up in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace? The first page of this thread mentions the Dragon Age series’ content, which also requires an Origin/EA account, but are there any others? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now the price is back to $19.99 for Trails Fusion on Xbox One.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Trials-Fusion/4bf57e2c-173a-4764-bee7-fe93e0613204

Just out of curiousity, I wonder if you could delete it and download it again and get the full version, now that they have corrected the pricing error.

It probably won't work, but just got me thinking.
i checked the link but now I have to buy it again even though I have added the game to my queue when it was free.

I know its kinda late at this point but warface, world of tanks, happy wars, air mech arena are all free to play games and are open to silver members this weekend through monday.

I did a couple runs on warface and got most achivements.

I know its kinda late at this point but warface, world of tanks, happy wars, air mech arena are all free to play games and are open to silver members this weekend through monday.

I did a couple runs on warface and got most achivements.
Happy Wars is fun if they fixed their servers so you dont get kicked out of the game a minute before it ends. The rest are blegh...

[quote name="NoDAK" post="12058866" timestamp="1409664060"]First season of Naruto is currently available free in the Xbox Video store.[/quote]

On usa only store im guessing ? Canadians always get screwed

[quote name="Gretchyy" post="12059749" timestamp="1409686753"]Does changing the locale on the Xbox work? Liiike could we watch if change it?[/quote]

I just tried it works in Canada ;)[attachment=7810:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409695744.053220.jpg]

Google the following and you will learn why that is a bad idea:

Xbox Oman Ban

It was a dark time for many CAGs....

YOU FOUGHT IN THE OMAN WARS?! oh man wait till biggs hears about this. What was it like before the dark times?

You know I still havent even played half the games from the oman wars. Nice knowing that I could of got console banned for games I havent even played.

I allways wonder at the people who contuine to do it if/when they will get caught. I just shake my head and say nope not going down that road again. I got to thinking about how much money I have in the console and how much I havent played yet to get a game for "free"

YOU FOUGHT IN THE OMAN WARS?! oh man wait till biggs hears about this. What was it like before the dark times?

You know I still havent even played half the games from the oman wars. Nice knowing that I could of got console banned for games I havent even played.

I allways wonder at the people who contuine to do it if/when they will get caught. I just shake my head and say nope not going down that road again. I got to thinking about how much money I have in the console and how much I havent played yet to get a game for "free"
Yeah, I'm very lucky that only my backup console got banned, and not my main one or my account. I have too much invested in it to risk losing.

Xbox Oman Ban

I remember a lot of people on some forum threatening me with bans and what not because I kept telling them that the foreign accounts got banned. They were pretty persistent that there's no way that could happen (in their defense, Microsoft previously had indicated it was ok and changed their ToS after the fact to prohibit it, but of course that didn't stop them from banning people for something that was technically at the time not prohibited).

As for me, the main account and console never actually got banned.... it seemed pretty random in terms of who got banned. I remember some guy with a massive collection and gamerscore of 400K getting banned over that apparently. Because, nothing says Microsoft like banning one of your best customers.

none of the accounts ever got banned for me. I downloaded nearly every game. Still regret deleting Rayman, but that's what I get for having a 20gb HD

Xbox Oman Ban

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my Xbox... and my games... even my gamertag. The gamerscore I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you?

i fought in the Oman Wars and i won. never got banned. free games were taken with joy.
Oman wars, ah yes, I also fought in Costa Rica, Morocco and Bosnia.

Survived AC3 Chinese expedition, and the recent Hitman skirmishes.

Good times!!!

you are talking about different things...changing locale of you console cannot get you banned. changing region of your account can get you banned.

i fought in the Oman Wars and i won. never got banned. free games were taken with joy.
Yeah, I'm very lucky that only my backup console got banned, and not my main one or my account. I have too much invested in it to risk losing.
I remember a lot of people on some forum threatening me with bans and what not because I kept telling them that the foreign accounts got banned. They were pretty persistent that there's no way that could happen (in their defense, Microsoft previously had indicated it was ok and changed their ToS after the fact to prohibit it, but of course that didn't stop them from banning people for something that was technically at the time not prohibited).

As for me, the main account and console never actually got banned.... it seemed pretty random in terms of who got banned. I remember some guy with a massive collection and gamerscore of 400K getting banned over that apparently. Because, nothing says Microsoft like banning one of your best customers.
none of the accounts ever got banned for me. I downloaded nearly every game. Still regret deleting Rayman, but that's what I get for having a 20gb HD
Oman wars, ah yes, I also fought in Costa Rica, Morocco and Bosnia.

Survived AC3 Chinese expedition, and the recent Hitman skirmishes.

Good times!!!
Glad to see so many of my brothers still around after those bloodbaths. Now, I wear Rayman Legends, Sonic Adventure, Injustice, etc like metals, reminding me of those treacherous times.

That is what they said about region so stop saying opinion is fact it would of saved me a console back then...
Correct...

Everyone was so sure that changing region was ok, because Microsoft had specifically said it was, and someone associated with Microsoft even suggested it once apparently. Then, a lot of people just couldn't believe Microsoft would ban people for doing something that wasn't even against the ToS. It still happened.

They have banned people for all kinds of silly stuff, I'd never assume something won't lead to a ban. I even got nervous putting in more than one of those codes from Gamestop for Xbox credit. If they don't like the color of my avatar or something, they might ban me for life and I might lose access to everything I purchased. My resolution to this is not to give them any of my money.

People were banned for knowingly accessing games that shouldn't have been accessible

All this time after and people still don't know what they did wrong/right

That is what they said about region so stop saying opinion is fact it would of saved me a console back then...
you changed your profile settings! This way you are violating the terms. But it does not matter which locale settings you have. Some games like Halo have search options depending on your locale. But you can change it to find more players. By changing this option you cannot circumvent any marketplace restrictions. Only profile changes do that! And that's why you can only change your profile region every 4 months. But if you want you can change your locale settings million times. Probably you wil tell me now that you can also get banned when you are changing the language xD

you changed your profile settings! This way you are violating the terms. But it does not matter which locale settings you have. Some games like Halo have search
options depending on your locale. But you can change it to find more players. By changing this option you cannot circumvent
any marketplace restrictions. Only
profile changes do that! And that's why you can only change your profile region every 4 months. But if you want you can change your locale settings million times. Probably you wil tell me now that you can also get banned when you are changing the language xD
If anyone recalls, I heard the reason they got banned was mainly because it was Marketplace theft.

There's a Slim Jim ad in The Grid now. It has the same ol' avatar shirt though. So in case you missed getting that, this is a good time to get it. I rarely see the ad on the dashboard.

I'm probably late to the party but Forza is free for the weekend on Xbox One for me.  40.31gb download.  I think this Gold Weekend free game thing is new, at least for me.  I saw it on the Xbox One dashboard Featured section.  I'm in the Preview, so I'm not sure if Xbox Live updated for everyone else already.

bread's done
Back