List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

Nice!

Expires July 15th

https://mojang.com/2015/06/littlebigplanet-meets-minecraft-minecon-capes/

It's also free on Xbox One.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/DLC/Minecon-2015-Skin-Pack/91412da7-eade-4a6c-8da7-8b5c92af501c

In case people don't already know this, many of the free skin pack trials include a few skins that are unlocked. So you can have a nice little collection of skins w/o spending a dime.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=skin%20pack%20trial&Game=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111f7

Also, if you own any Minecraft Xbox 360 add-ons you can you get the Xbox One versions for free (if available).

If you have ever bought the digital version of Minecraft Xbox 360 or played the disc version online you can get the Xbox One version for $4.99 on the same account.

https://mojang.com/2014/09/minecraft-xbox-one-edition-now-available-hoo/

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/minecraft-discount-upgrade

When does the offer for the discounted price end?

You will be able to upgrade for a minimum of a year after the release date (September 5, 2014).
So probably September of this year the deal will end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvel's Ant-Man Suit - Male | Female

Avatar Prop Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

thumbm.png
thumbm.png
thumbm.png

I suppose there is supposed to be an Ad for this on the dashboard? I don't have a credit card on my Xbox account, so I can't really get this stuff for free online. I wish MS would already allow that option since they let you do it for Xbox One games, why not avatars? sigh.
Just use an open-loop gift or prepaid card.

I suppose there is supposed to be an Ad for this on the dashboard? I don't have a credit card on my Xbox account, so I can't really get this stuff for free online. I wish MS would already allow that option since they let you do it for Xbox One games, why not avatars? sigh.
or there r websites offering virtual credit cards for free, im currently using that to do all online stuff

How? Would it also allow me to purchase items using my Microsoft account money?
You may need to activate the card for web purchases. There are probably instructions on the card or on a web site the card points to.

You can't make 360 purchases using your account balance through the web site, that functionality is still broken since the conversion from MS points. You can get free 360 stuff (GwG, trials), and XB1 content can be purchased through the web using your account balance.

I found a weird workaround for this. I'm in the same boat. I use prepaid cards because the fewer places my credit card info is stored the better.

Use the mobile Xbox app. (I used Windows Phone so YMMV on iOS or Android.) Go into the avatar marketplace. Both items are listed in the most popular section. You can buy them there with no fuss. The app is a little outdated because it still lists stuff with MS points.

I found a weird workaround for this. I'm in the same boat. I use prepaid cards because the fewer places my credit card info is stored the better.
Use the mobile Xbox app. (I used Windows Phone so YMMV on iOS or Android.) Go into the avatar marketplace. Both items are listed in the most popular section. You can buy them there with no fuss. The app is a little outdated because it still lists stuff with MS points.
That really only exists on Windows phones, the rest of us are stuck with Smartglass which has a nerfed marketplace for e Xbox One and no purchases available for the 360 marketplace where the avatars reside, if I remember correctly.

The Windows phone definitively has a leg-up when it comes to doing anything outside of the website or console.

My workaround has always been putting a gift card on file that has a few cents left on it. I get Visa gift cards (other brands are YMMV, I know one I had they had in the fine print that it would remove the rest of the funds if it was under a certain point... AmEx or Mastercard, I believe) Granted, you have to pay the activation fee for the card (like $3-ish extra) but it's pretty reasonable considering they last 3-5 years.

Plus half the time now I get them from family when they have $1 or $2 left on them.

Not exactly free Marketplace content... but  :whee: Rainbow 6 Siege Beta Access!

VIA Reddit;

IGN is sending out the beta codes now. I just got mine and I'm sure many of you got them too.

• Make sure to register your code to your platform and account.
  • Alpha players get Beta automatically.
  • Beta is in September 24, 2015.
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/home/index.aspx

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:15569]

AriesDog, on 14 Jul 2015 - 9:43 PM, said:AriesDog, on 14 Jul 2015 - 9:43 PM, said:
The first episode of (ironically) PlayStation's original series Powers is free on Xbox Video.
LOL. How does that work? Crackle is one thing, but a show that PlayStation actually produced and marketed like there was no tomorrow?

TubiTV app is out now on Xbox One. Free, ad-supported movies and TV shows. It's like Crackle with a better selection.

[quote name="AriesDog" post="12809354" timestamp="1437041443"]TubiTV app is out now on Xbox One. Free, ad-supported movies and TV shows. It's like Crackle with a better selection.[/quote]

I don't see it on Canada store guess I'll switch region and get it

News to me. A few folks over at SD claim that Xbox One users can download the Games with Gold freebies w/ 48 hour and 14-day trials.

I did not know that. I was always under the impression that you needed 30-days or higher.

I don't have an Xbox One, so I can't verify this.

News to me. A few folks over at SD claim that Xbox One users can download the Games with Gold freebies w/ 48 hour and 14-day trials.

I did not know that. I was always under the impression that you needed 30-days or higher.

I don't have an Xbox One, so I can't verify this.
For 360 GwG, you need at least a 1 month sub, and you'll always have access to the game even if your Gold expires.

For XB1 GwG, being Gold in any manner (trial or paid sub) allows you to purchase the game, but you need to be Gold to play it. Trials also work for XB1 Gold only sales.

I can vouch for that trial working as gold for gwg on Xbox one.. I ran out of gold recently so I had a 14 day trial laying around. Sadly it's gonna end in about 2 days. But yes it is true about the x1 and trials.

EDIT: Sorry I'm late to the party again... this has literally just expired!

I can vouch for that trial working as gold for gwg on Xbox one.. I ran out of gold recently so I had a 14 day trial laying around. Sadly it's gonna end in about 2 days. But yes it is true about the x1 and trials.
Sometimes you just gotta pay to play!

The good news is!

Like angel98 said over at https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/346970-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-digital-delivery-3149-via-cdkeys/?p=12810157

$2.50 a month for a few games via GwG (2 per console now, is it?) along with all the other benefits of Gold, is a pretty good price to pay. I think I paid like $37 last year. So $30 for 12mo. is about the best deal I've seen anywhere so far, so I'm in for 1! EDIT: Glad I got one when I did.

Got the key about 30mins after Paypal authorized. Redeemed no problems.
http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/xbox/xbox-live-12-month-subscription-code-email-delivery.html

bread's done
Back