List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

the TWO continents are called North and south America. Combine them, and you get the Americas... Not sure what's hard to understand about that. Next, Columbus discovered the islands of Norrh America FIVE years before they hit mainland south America for the first time and that's not even considering the Vikings who were in northern north America hundreds of years before. There were slaves in nearly every country in the AMERICAS. Obviously you have had some terrible history teachers or are just mentally inept.

WOO WOO WOO!!

Somebody said the Americas? Don´t we live in North and South America or in a whole continent called AMERICA? You´re saying that Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay are not worthy to live in America? You have to invent a plural of the word to make a difference? Stop monopolizing the term "America", it refers to a continent, in fact South America was discovered before North America, hence called America in the first place. "The Americas" is an offensive term only used by white males living in a capitalist society.

- ok the joke must stop now, bro.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/columbus-lands-in-south-america

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't understand what you're going on about dude.

The Americas is a very common term, which is in not a single way offensive.

But have a very nice day, I'm not here to get into an internet brawl.
the TWO continents are called North and south America. Combine them, and you get the Americas... Not sure what's hard to understand about that. Next, Columbus discovered the islands of Norrh America FIVE years before they hit mainland south America for the first time and that's not even considering the Vikings who were in northern north America hundreds of years before. There were slaves in nearly every country in the AMERICAS. Obviously you have had some terrible history teachers or are just mentally inept.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/columbus-lands-in-south-america

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Don't forget that there is a promotion going on where if you buy an :xb1: console you get a free game. Check your local retailer!

OFF: You can get 1 month GOLD for 1 USD (or other regions currency). Dashboard (XO) >> Black Friday >> Left bottom Gold Saves more and right top Go Gold. Just for silvers, so If you have Gold you can't. :(
It's on Xbox 360 too. The $1 for 1 month is in Home of the dashboard.

All of my old silver accounts that used to have the free month offer have changed to the $1 for 1 month.

Update: I noticed on SD that some people were able to get the free 1 month trial and get a month for $1. So basically 2 months for $1. :)

http://slickdeals.net/f/8280289-xbox-live-gold-account-1-month-for-1-xbox-com-limited-time-offer-applies-to-users-with-no-gold-account

That is also a thing I noticed. A lot of the Disney cartoons I liked as a kid are being slandered as being racist. Jungle book, Dumbo, Song of the South. Some people see racisme in everything. Mogli, Black crows with a black accent, a black guy in the movie that speaks and behaves like a black man would have done in that time frame.

As I see it, Disney gave black actors the chance to perform in movies and do voice overs for cartoon characters.

That doesn't seem all that bad to me, or am I missing something?

I know about the slave history in the Americas, but the fact that Disney let them be in movies seems quite positive to me.

I can remember the very old westerns, in which all te races were played by white people.

That, in my eyes seems way more racist.

My apologies for the completely off-topic heavy discussion. :p
Yea, the shoe polish on the white actors face playing a Native American was worse. And what about the most famous Native American in our culture, the crying Indian, is really just some Italian guy. Haha.

No need to apologize, if I have learned anything from the Xbox deal thread it is that if there is no deals to be had you can just talk about anything you want and it is ok. :)

Yea, the shoe polish on the white actors face playing a Native American was worse. And what about the most famous Native American in our culture, the crying Indian, is really just some Italian guy. Haha.

No need to apologize, if I have learned anything from the Xbox deal thread it is that if there is no deals to be had you can just talk about anything you want and it is ok. :)
Except the difference between black/brownface and the crying indian was the guy that played the indian told everyone that he was full-blooded native american. He lived and dressed like one in real life and wasn't "outed" by his half-sister until the 90s. He wasn't some known white guy cast as an indian.

Except the difference between black/brownface and the crying indian was the guy that played the indian told everyone that he was full-blooded native american. He lived and dressed like one in real life and wasn't "outed" by his half-sister until the 90s. He wasn't some known white guy cast as an indian.
Grey owl? :)

[quote name="RiceQuakes Classic" post="13047036" timestamp="1448250660"]The memories. *sigh*

Is that your adult films name?[/quote]

No that's his real name

Yea, he was one of the first transracial persons in the public eye. Should have been awarded Native American of the Year award. Brave man.

Yea, he was one of the first transracial persons in the public eye. Should have been awarded Native American of the Year award. Brave man.
200.gif

Can you guys please delete the useless banter?  It's clogging up the actual point of this thread.  Open a new thread that's relevant, this thread has nothing to do with what you're discussing.  Thank you.

Sorry, I'm not trying to moderate or be an admin.  I just didn't want to see politics when I'm looking for free Xbox downloads.

Can you guys please delete the useless banter? It's clogging up the actual point of this thread. Open a new thread that's relevant, this thread has nothing to do with what you're discussing. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm not trying to moderate or be an admin. I just didn't want to see politics when I'm looking for free Xbox downloads.
Not even New Politics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOUTkFkMNU

Thank God South Park is still going strong and still doesn't give a crap about who they offend. I laugh uncontrollably everytime Caitlyn Jenner kills someone with his car.

Dec. GwG

* The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing ($14.99 ERP): Available from December 1-31 on Xbox One

* Thief ($29.99 ERP): Available from December 16-January 15 on Xbox One

* CastleStorm ($9.99 ERP): Available from December 1-15 on Xbox 360

* Sacred 3 ($19.99 ERP): Available from December 16-31 on Xbox 360

* Bonus: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising ($9.99 ERP): Available from December 16-31 on Xbox 360
wasnt Castlestorm/Thief already free before?

or was that Castle Crashers?

Nice to have 5 games for December, but wish we didn't get 2 repeats w/ CastleStorm and Thief.

Thief was an Xbox 360 GwG back in June 2015.

CastleStorm was an Xbox One GwG back in May 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

Still I haven't played any of them on either system. :razz:

So I guess I'll be playing them on Xbox One when I get that.
You keep threatening to get an Xbox One, but are you going to pull the trigger? :)

[quote name="doktor wilhelm" post="13051680" timestamp="1448385814"]Previously Castlestorm was free on the Xbox One and Thief was free on the Xbox 360, so technically they've just flipped those around.[/quote]

ya they are being annoying

In case people didn't know this, there are a few network TV apps on Xbox that have full episodes and some don't require any sort of cable/satellite TV subscription login to view them. You can usually skip the cable TV verification screen. Not all episodes will be available, but there are quite a few that will be unlocked. Same for Roku if you have one of those. Sometimes some content is unlocked for a limited time. Usually the locked content will have a lock or key symbol in the corner of it. Possibly if you do have cable Internet only you might have access to some TV or movie content as part of you subscription. The unlocked content will likely have ads, but that's the price you pay for the free content.

Channels I've noticed that have free full episodes:

Fox Now

Watch ABC

A&E

History

Lifetime

Comedy Central

Crackle

Popcorn Flix

Nick

The CW TV Now

Tubi TV

PBS

Watch Disney XD

Watch Disney Channel

Watch Disney Junior

Epix HD (free movies w/ Charter Internet only login)

In case people didn't know this, there are a few network TV apps on Xbox that have full episodes and some don't require any sort of cable/satellite TV subscription login to view them. You can usually skip the cable TV verification screen. Not all episodes will be available, but there are quite a few that will be unlocked. Same for Roku if you have one of those. Sometimes some content is unlocked for for a limited time. Usually the locked content will have a lock or key symbol in the corner of it. Possibly if you do have cable Internet only you might have access to some TV or movie content as part of you subscription. The unlocked content will likley have ads, but that the price for the free content.

Channels I've noticed that have free full episodes:

Watch ABC

A&E

History

Lifetime

Comedy Central

Crackle

Popcorn Flix

Nick

The CW TV Now

Tubi TV

PBS

Watch Disney XD

Watch Disney Channel

Watch Disney Junior

Epix HD (free movies w/ Charter Internet only login)
Fox

I won't be getting the One until Gears 4 next Holiday. It's pretty sweet that they now allow you to queue up GWG from the 360 though. By the time I get it, I'll have a full library of free games waiting for me. :)

For those that got the free Gears codes do you remember how long you played? I've played for over 30 mins and really suck at mp. (sorry to those who were on my team)

There is an ad for Star Wars The Force Awakens that unlocks a Han Solo theme when you watch the trailer. You can also find a few others including a Princess Leia one by going to 'browse games' then 'themes'. Nothing special but cool for Star Wars fans.

There is an ad for Star Wars The Force Awakens that unlocks a Han Solo theme when you watch the trailer. You can also find a few others including a Princess Leia one by going to 'browse games' then 'themes'. Nothing special but cool for Star Wars fans.
Is this on Xbox 360 or One? I would love this for my R2-D2 xbox.

*Edit* Never mind. All the themes are a free download from the Marketplace. Don't need to view the ad.

[quote name="OMERTABROMAN" post="13065112" timestamp="1448667757"]But still 360 or XB1?[/quote]
I don't believe the One has themes. If it does, news to me.

bread's done
Back