List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

I guess the open beta is the same as the closed beta. Says I already downloaded it.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/DOOM-Open-Beta/26efd7b6-ccca-4f52-8573-40cef19bff47

Start: April 15, 2016 @ 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 4)
End: April 17, 2016 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 4)
That's how it was with the alpha and closed beta. If you've hidden the alpha or beta after getting rid of it, LT+RT+X shows you all of your hidden items on the ready to install list.

That's how it was with the alpha and closed beta. If you've hidden the alpha or beta after getting rid of it, LT+RT+X shows you all of your hidden items on the ready to install list.
Huge thanks for the trick to see hidden items…Thought i was SOL for the rest of the beta lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how screwed up Xbox One billing is:

So I relented and got an American Express Bluebird prepaid card for "buying" the legacy Xbox 360 items that are free on the Xbox One, like Games With Gold and avatar promos. (FYI: Bluebird's probably the best deal of all those cards. Very few of the hidden fees most of them have.) I entered my info on the Xbox One. Went to buy the Windows 10 Ninjacat prop. Still got the change-your-payment-option message. WTF? So I deleted it. Went to the official Microsoft Account web page. Entered my info there. Still got the message when I went to buy free 360 stuff on my Xbox One. WTF? WTF? Dug through their support pages. It's a known issue. You have to enter your credit card info on an Xbox 360 console to enable free Xbox 360 purchases on an Xbox One. Deleted my info, again. Luckily, even though I had sold my 360 to buy the One a friend gave me his old 360 when he moved across the country a few months ago. Got it out, connected it, and entered my info. Back on my Xbox One, went to buy free 360 things, viola! That worked.

So if anyone is having trouble buying free 360 stuff on an Xbox One, they have to somehow get on actual 360 console and enter their credit card information there to enable free 360 purchases on the Xbox One. Hope that helps anyone else having that problem.

This is how screwed up Xbox One billing is:

So I relented and got an American Express Bluebird prepaid card for "buying" the legacy Xbox 360 items that are free on the Xbox One, like Games With Gold and avatar promos. (FYI: Bluebird's probably the best deal of all those cards. Very few of the hidden fees most of them have.) I entered my info on the Xbox One. Went to buy the Windows 10 Ninjacat prop. Still got the change-your-payment-option message. WTF? So I deleted it. Went to the official Microsoft Account web page. Entered my info there. Still got the message when I went to buy free 360 stuff on my Xbox One. WTF? WTF? Dug through their support pages. It's a known issue. You have to enter your credit card info on an Xbox 360 console to enable free Xbox 360 purchases on an Xbox One. Deleted my info, again. Luckily, even though I had sold my 360 to buy the One a friend gave me his old 360 when he moved across the country a few months ago. Got it out, connected it, and entered my info. Back on my Xbox One, went to buy free 360 things, viola! That worked.

So if anyone is having trouble buying free 360 stuff on an Xbox One, they have to somehow get on actual 360 console and enter their credit card information there to enable free 360 purchases on the Xbox One. Hope that helps anyone else having that problem.
It would be SO much easier just to attach a PayPal account to your Xbox account, even if you never intend to use it to pay for anything.

A side note though, I love my BlueBird card! :)

It would be SO much easier just to attach a PayPal account to your Xbox account, even if you never intend to use it to pay for anything.

A side note though, I love my BlueBird card! :)
Or just simply "unlock it", so don't ask for payment method for the - free - 0.00 price items. I'm not afraid, so added card, PayPal years ago, but - mainly if you don't have card/bank account/PP - it can be very annoying...

Or just simply "unlock it", so don't ask for payment method for the - free - 0.00 price items. I'm not afraid, so added card, PayPal years ago, but - mainly if you don't have card/bank account/PP - it can be very annoying...
What are you talking about? Unlock what? How do we do that?

Check dashboard if you dont have gold. Random offers 1 month free: 
ykPXzQH.jpg

I went from Major Nelson's link, it seemed to be an error there. Sorry, I corrected it (an also on MJ's blog). Thanks for checking.

OFF: I have an extra Mirror's Edge closed beta code. PM me if you would like to get it.

GONE.

Are you a Gold member?  It's Gold Only.

Check the demo section in the X1 Dash or search for it, if you are Gold.

Ms. Pac-Man for free on Xbox One, if you download the Xbox 360 trial? Saw someone post this the XBL Deals thread. Can't verify. I already own the full version.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Trial-Game-Ms-PAC-MAN/00000000-0000-4000-8000-000058410837
It works if you DL the trial to your 360. Then go to your XB1 and find Ms. pac-Man and it should say Install.

Install and it is the whole game. I wonder if this works with any other back in the day games from Midway.

Hmmm....

It works if you DL the trial to your 360. Then go to your XB1 and find Ms. pac-Man and it should say Install.
Install and it is the whole game. I wonder if this works with any other back in the day games from Midway.
Hmmm....
Thanks for explaining it gave it a try yesterday and had no luck but just did it how you said and works.

Not as good as this month but, W T F, free is free

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Defense Grid 2 ($14.99 ERP) for free during the month of May. Costume Quest 2 ($14.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from May 16th to June 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Sunday, 01 May, GRID 2 ($24.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through May 15th. Then on May 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Peggle ($9.99 ERP) for free through May 31st.

I think the trial of Perfect Dark downloaded on Xbox 360 gives you the full game on Xbox One.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Perfect-Dark/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109c2?DownloadType=GameDemo#LiveZone

Can anyone else confirm?
I didn't have the game in my Ready to Install list before I "bought" the Demo, but I'll watch it to see if it pops up.

Xbox now has HBO Now. Free 1-month trial available.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/entertainment/xbox-one/live-apps/hbo-now

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/entertainment/xbox-360/live-apps/hbo-now

There's an ad on Xbox One that says you can watch the first episode of Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1. You watch it straight from that or watch it via the HBO Now app.
If you want to see S.6, I would wait until the whole season is out and then start the free trial because you can't just watch one episode. :)

Confirm - Perfect Dark & Ms. Pac Man worked for me - Thanks
Interesting, I don't see it yet. Did you buy the Demo from your console or from the web? How long did it take to pop up?

EDIT - Also, when did you buy it? I navigate to the BC section of the :xb1: Game Store and Perfect Dark gives me the option to buy it.

Interesting, I don't see it yet. Did you buy the Demo from your console or from the web? How long did it take to pop up?
I bought both demos from the web. Then I searched for each game in the Games section on my XB1 console. Then I selected Install for each game. I didn't even turn on my 360 at all. Just buy from the web and search for the game on XB1 and install.

I bought both demos from the web. Then I searched for each game in the Games section on my XB1 console. Then I selected Install for each game. I didn't even turn on my 360 at all. Just buy from the web and search for the game on XB1 and install.
I do just that and I see two different versions of Perfect Dark:

Rare Replay version - Bundle Only

non-Rare Replay version - Show price, which then prompts me to pay $9.99+tax for it.

Again, when did you do this? I think it may have been corrected.

I do just that and I see two different versions of Perfect Dark:

Rare Replay version - Bundle Only

non-Rare Replay version - Show price, which then prompts me to pay $9.99+tax for it.

Again, when did you do this? I think it may have been corrected.
1 minutes after it was posted here. So, less than 10-15 mins ago.

bread's done
Back