List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

I didn't have the game in my Ready to Install list before I "bought" the Demo, but I'll watch it to see if it pops up.

If you want to see S.6, I would wait until the whole season is out and then start the free trial because you can't just watch one episode. :)
Heck, after seeing the ending of the S6 premiere, some may be too frightened to continue with the show.

I got ms oacman to work but not perfect dark. I have it installed from rare replay though.

The cave and Ghostbusters sanctum of slime popped up as bc

I can confirm about the Ms. Pac Man thing. It works. I downloaded from the xbox 360 console, and after a while searched for it on the Xbox One store. First it was 3.99 but after a while I tried again and instead of the price it said "Install". And it was the full game (backward compatible).

I'm still unsure about what happens on the xbox 360. I will check later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it with a few games that had trials including Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man and Alien Hominid. Only Ms. Pacman worked, so I am now going through the BC backlog and trying them all.

While you can play the full game including achievments for Ms. Pacman, you don't own the license, if you delete it, it is gone and the site / 360 still lists that you do not own it. So this can be fixed in a future patch from MS.

EDIT:

Metal Slug XX
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
NBA Jam
Wolfenstein 3D

Don't work.

I get this with both Ms. Pac-Man and Perfect Dark

attachicon.gif
Untitled.jpg
I got that also, so I signed out of my Xbox.com acc't and signed back in after clearing cache. Worked fine then.

I bought both demos from the web. Then I searched for each game in the Games section on my XB1 console. Then I selected Install for each game. I didn't even turn on my 360 at all. Just buy from the web and search for the game on XB1 and install.
holy crap you are right that method worked,

so other than ms.pacman and perfect dark which other games work with this method?

Tried it with a few games that had trials including Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man and Alien Hominid. Only Ms. Pacman worked, so I am now going through the BC backlog and trying them all.

While you can play the full game including achievments for Ms. Pacman, you don't own the license, if you delete it, it is gone and the site / 360 still lists that you do not own it. So this can be fixed in a future patch from MS.

EDIT:

Metal Slug XX
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
NBA Jam
Wolfenstein 3D

Don't work.
Did you find any more that work?

Nah, I got through about 15 or so before I stopped, as I said without owning the license, hardly seems worth all the effort when they can just remove them with an update.

Free Play Days for Madden NFL 16.

I just saw an ad on my Xbox One this morning that said "Play Madden NFL 16 free".

I think it requires Gold since it is listed under the "Get more with Gold" section.

Check your spam filters. I had an email this morning with a 5 dollar promo code for Movies and TV, but it will work for games as well. It seems to be random so far. 

Check your spam filters. I had an email this morning with a 5 dollar promo code for Movies and TV, but it will work for games as well. It seems to be random so far.
Sweet! I got it too. Thanks for the heads up on this. Probably have been overlooked like most of the spam/junk mail I get. :)

The e-mail is titled "Promo code to try Microsoft Movies & TV".

Do you have any idea why you got it?
I honestly don't know. It only seemed to show up on my main Gold account. My various other non-Gold accounts didn't get that e-mail. Could be just random. I have gotten a few free TV episodes in the past. I don't buy digital movies/tv shows on Microsoft/Xbox.

I don't think you need to be Gold to get it though. Some person in the XBL deals thread mentioned they got it and they are not Gold. My kids are pretty active on Xbox. Maybe more so than me and they didn't get it either. It was a nice surprise. :)

One of my accounts got that 5 bucks email, not sure why. It could be due not connecting / playing too much with it. It is not attached to someone on the house at the moment

https://twitter.com/GearsofWar/status/725761594810986498

The #Gears4Beta is now open to all Xbox Live Gold Members. Reach level 20 and claim your Vintage Kait Reward Pack!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/special-events-coming-to-star-wars-battlefront-for-star-wars-day

SPECIAL EVENTS COMING TO STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT FOR STAR WARS DAY

Star Wars Battlefront players will be able to celebrate Star Wars Day—"May the 4th"—with special in-game bonuses.

On May 4 only, players who log into the game will receive 4,444 in-game credits to use on "blasters, Star Cards, or the latest Hutt Contract."

That contract, which is debuting on Star Wars Day, requires players to spend 3,500 to 8,000 credits and complete bounties to unlock the Bacta Bomb Star Card that "provides a health boost" to players and their allies.

Additionally, those who haven't played Star Wars Battlefront will finally have their chance to give it a go. Starting at 11 am PT on May 4, players will be able to play the game for four hours, for free, through Origin. Extra DLC content will not be available.

Star Wars Battlefront's next expansion pack, Bespin, will release in June for all season pass holders. It'll introduce four new maps, taking players "in and around Cloud City." The new DLC will also add Lando Calrissian and bounty hunter Dengar.

Star Wars Battlefront's Outer Rim DLC pack was released in early April.

I switched the marketplace to Japan and I was able to purchase it for free (Kalimba). Thanks Renatto!, much appreciated

I highly suggest to not region switch, you can be perma-banned trust me, I lost everything once before.

It is fine to do so on ps4 however

I mean, isn't this the exact same thing as the Oman Wars, or am I stupid? Why risk it?
It's not the exact same. The issue with the Oman thing is that Xbox Live was not available in that region, and so the games just had a purchase price of zero listed, so people were getting them for free by logging into the Oman account and doing a trick to get a purchase page to show up. Under normal circumstances, you can't see anything for the marketplace.

Japan is a region that legitimately has Xbox Live, and the game is supposed to be free, so doing this isn't quite the same as Oman. Still though, best not to risk it, in my opinion. You never know what MS will decide to ban for. I don't even want Kalimba anyway.

I highly suggest to not region switch, you can be perma-banned trust me, I lost everything once before.

It is fine to do so on ps4 however
You do not have to change your region, just for the website which is allowed. The marketplace is exist and you buy a "free" item with your paid gold membership. In Oman/Morocco/Serbia/Algeria wars you had to migrate to the country - or make a fake acc there - and buy a "mispriced" item and most of them, shared the account or made multiple downloads as I wrote before multiple times.

I only missed the Creed 3 China edition, but MS gave me so much money, so I still don't afraid, but for this I think no risk.

Anyway, does anyone know about any Xbox One BAN?

PS: I got Quantum Break - preordered - after 2 weeks of release, still didn't got any bonus codes, so requested and got full refund. After another 2 weeks I got all the codes. :)

Yeah I decided.......that game I'm not going to play isn't worth a bricked Xbox 1.
I believe the new rules are for Xbox one specifically that they can ban your gamertag. But they will allow you to get your purchased games and content back. However if it was an Xbox 360 code of conduct year 9999 ban than you loose absolutely everything (especially if a game forces you to sign in to update and you have a season pass you won't be able to use the add ons) happened to me with borderlands 2 couldn't use the content. Some games I was able to play but tons of dlc I purchased for Dance Central like the marathon pack was unusable, since dance central forces you to login before even starting the game. I almost said I'll never game ever again, it was that bad. I also was a top 10 worldwide ambassador.

Update: I briefly searched online some people say yes and some people say no. I have region switched to download certain apps but I wouldn't consider that the same thing as trying to get GWG not in your region

Yeah but alot of people said it was not against the rules to do the Oman thing also and the ban hammer went out.

Personally I don't want to risk it. I have to much money invested in digital games and dlc now. Besides the cost of the actual Xbox.

I have such a large backlog anyways I won't get to them for years any way. By that time it will probably be free on us accounts anyway.

OFF:

Yeah but alot of people said it was not against the rules to do the Oman thing also and the ban hammer went out.

Personally I don't want to risk it. I have to much money invested in digital games and dlc now. Besides the cost of the actual Xbox.

I have such a large backlog anyways I won't get to them for years any way. By that time it will probably be free on us accounts anyway.
But we don't know the full story why they got banned and what they did exactly. The people who got banned near me, downloaded those games seweral times to many consoles, bought the game on multiple (that day made) accounts on the same console, and shared the account from friend to friend....

Was long time ago ,but I had PowerStar Golf from region New Zealand in november 2014 and last October got LocoCycle...

I know the console is expensive, but I think they still won't ban Gamertags. If do so, they take a big risk, that the person turn to the "dark"' side, i mean PS. Look me, I have almost 130k GS and many-many digitaly purchased content (XO - 98 / X360 - 120+ GWG included). If I lose a console, that's fine, I have to buy another one, so I paid the penalty, which is much more than the value of the "stolen content". But If I lose everything like contents and GT/GS why should I stay? Maybe I start over on PS from zero - like here, and MS lost a loyal member who will spend his money elsewhere.... Only my OPINION.

PS: few weeks ago finished with backlog. :) I think I'll grab the next chance again.

bread's done
Back