List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

Free Minecraft 4th Birthday Skin Pack. Ends May 16. The previous years birthday skin packs are back as well.

Xbox One Links:

1st Birthday Skin Pack
2nd Birthday Skin Pack
3rd Birthday Skin Pack
4th Birthday Skin Pack

Xbox 360 Links:

1st Birthday Skin Pack
2nd Birthday Skin Pack
3rd Birthday Skin Pack
4th Birthday Skin Pack

Also, many of the trials come with free unlocked skins.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=skin%20pack%20trial

Get a nice little collection of skins without spending a dime.

Update: Possibly old news, but news to me. I just discovered that the free Xbox 360 skin pack trials work on Xbox One. So if you buy those, check your manage section of  Minecraft (Xbox One) for installs of those skins packs. You'll have a few unlocked one.

Same for the texture and mash-up pack trials.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=texture%20pack%20trial

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=mash-up%20pack%20trial

Last edited by a moderator:
I came to post about the 4th anniversary Minecraft skin pack, but since that's already been covered I'll just give a quick shout out to thank all of the contributors to this thread...THANK YOU!! Betas, trials, avatar gear, DLC...even if I don't take advantage of everything posted here I appreciate having it brought to my attention so I can easily grab it if I want to.

I came to post about the 4th anniversary Minecraft skin pack, but since that's already been covered I'll just give a quick shout out to thank all of the contributors to this thread...THANK YOU!! Betas, trials, avatar gear, DLC...even if I don't take advantage of everything posted here I appreciate having it brought to my attention so I can easily grab it if I want to.
*high five*

Update: Possibly old news, but news to me. I just discovered that the free Xbox 360 skin pack trials work on Xbox One. So if you buy those, check your manage section of Minecraft (Xbox One) for installs of those skins packs. You'll have a few unlocked one.

Same for the texture and mash-up pack trials.
Didnt work for me, perhaps takes some time before it will shows up there. but right after it didnt.

Didnt work for me, perhaps takes some time before it will shows up there. but right after it didnt.
Hmmm...well, I do already own the Xbox 360 version. Maybe that could have something to do with it. I just paid the $4.99 upgrade price for the Xbox One version of Minecraft.

All of the trial skins packs, mash-ups, and textures all show up in my Xbox One version of Minecraft.

I just thought it was interesting, since Xbox One doesn't seem to offer free trials for any of those.

Also, it looks like all of the Marvel skins packs got delisted. I don't know if those were ever able to be installed on the Xbox One version.

http://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/database/game-1940/minecraft-xbox-one-edition/

well i bought my on xb1 like that aswell, got the offer since i have the disc version of minecraft

its strange thats for sure, coz the other packs i have are there

Try all of the gods on SMITE for free from 5/12 - 5/15.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/SMITE/9e606d9f-777c-4921-a038-81e87dc381c0
http://www.smitegame.com/double-everything-weekend-may-13th-15th/

smite.jpg

I see something about a free game and movie from Batman (looks the pic) but when I click there I get an error. Can someone else confirm that sees the same as me?

I see something about a free game and movie from Batman (looks the pic) but when I click there I get an error. Can someone else confirm that sees the same as me?
Yeah, I see the tile for a free game and movie (top right corner). When I got to it I get an error and it redirects to the game store. I think the "free game" is DC Universe Online. The free movie seems to be Justice League: Doom.

After I got it, it said it expires in 13 days, I'm guessing this is a rental.

When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24 hours from the time you start to watch, whichever comes first.

It seems if you signed up For onedrive before they changed the free amount of storage from 15gb to 5gb, Certain members can get a free year of office 365. YMMV, just randomly went on there and got a message. Not sure if everyone who signed up before then gets it or not.

It seems if you signed up For onedrive before they changed the free amount of storage from 15gb to 5gb, Certain members can get a free year of office 365. YMMV, just randomly went on there and got a message. Not sure if everyone who signed up before then gets it or not.
Which website, www.onedrive.com?

Along with Double XP Weekend, Treyarch is also making the Awakening DLC free to try on Xbox One this weekend. From now until Monday, May 16, gamers will be able to play the four multiplayer maps plus the Zombies map free of charge.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/731257756896886784

first Dragon's Tooth, now Final Stand, they should make all the paid DLC for Battlefield 4 free.
they are (i think) ..just not all at once.

trickles to keep BF in everyones thoughts.

great buildup to the new one IMO.. wish more devs did this (*cough* COD3 DLC still charging full price on 360 *cough* )

You do not have to change your region, just for the website which is allowed. The marketplace is exist and you buy a "free" item with your paid gold membership. In Oman/Morocco/Serbia/Algeria wars you had to migrate to the country - or make a fake acc there - and buy a "mispriced" item and most of them, shared the account or made multiple downloads as I wrote before multiple times.

I only missed the Creed 3 China edition, but MS gave me so much money, so I still don't afraid, but for this I think no risk.

Anyway, does anyone know about any Xbox One BAN?

I believe the new rules are for Xbox one specifically that they can ban your gamertag. But they will allow you to get your purchased games and content back. However if it was an Xbox 360 code of conduct year 9999 ban than you loose absolutely everything (especially if a game forces you to sign in to update and you have a season pass you won't be able to use the add ons) happened to me with borderlands 2 couldn't use the content. Some games I was able to play but tons of dlc I purchased for Dance Central like the marathon pack was unusable, since dance central forces you to login before even starting the game. I almost said I'll never game ever again, it was that bad. I also was a top 10 worldwide ambassador.

Update: I briefly searched online some people say yes and some people say no. I have region switched to download certain apps but I wouldn't consider that the same thing as trying to get GWG not in your region
I remember looking around online too, there's a couple of Youtube videos on it, but the owners never really said what caused the ban... it was just mostly of ppl showing viewers what happened when they try to go online...when I was looking it up a few months ago, it looked like microsoft was doing gamertag bans but idk, lol I remember someone was flipping out "claiming" how they logged into their banned 360 gamertag on their new xbox one & it bricked the xbox one rofl coz it looked like it ends up ip/wi-fi mac blocking, gave some error i forget what it said, and even when they tried logging into a non-banned acct, it wouldn't let them online on the new acct either... of course we dunno what the real story is lol. It seems too aggressive if microsoft does a permanent console ban on every console u log onto using a banned gamertag, but who knows...lol

I've heard that MS occasionally BANS PEOPLE for getting out-of-region content/pricing via this method...

so be careful guys!
Then I can say "I've heard MS will buy PS". :)

I don't think they start banning for buying in cheaper regions... You still need GOLD, so You pay for the service which let you buy games for free. XO is a region free console, so that's the other problem with it...Why its region free if you can not buy stuffs without restrictions?

It's a legal free content, so don't mix it with the mispriced/false free content bans...

Then I can say "I've heard MS will buy PS". :)

I don't think they start banning for buying in cheaper regions... You still need GOLD, so You pay for the service which let you buy games for free. XO is a region free console, so that's the other problem with it...Why its region free if you can not buy stuffs without restrictions?

It's a legal free content, so don't mix it with the mispriced/false free content bans...
The last bans MS did were for changing your region to get a free title. Pretty much the same thing. Im not saying MS is going to ban you but none of these free games are worth it if they do decide to.

The last bans MS did were for changing your region to get a free title. Pretty much the same thing. Im not saying MS is going to ban you but none of these free games are worth it if they do decide to.
As I wrote do not mix with the false free content on a not exist marketplace like was Rayman Legends in Szerbia. I stop repeating Myself. You should understand what you read. No offense. No comment.

While looking at a different store's offerings ISN'T the same thing as changing your region, I can't help but think that if MS wanted accounts in the US region to get a game for free/cheap that they would make that game free/cheap in the US region and that they wouldn't make people jump through hoops to get the free/cheap game.

That being said, there were TONS of people with US accounts that bought Japanese X-bucks to go to the Japanese store to buy Dark Souls III weeks before it was released in the US, and I haven't heard any backlash from that (other than nerd rage washing over the internet).

The only time I've done this was to get an open Beta downloaded to my console before it was available in the US, but I may stop doing even this because I'm chicken. :)

I don't know how it is mentioned in this thread because I can't imagine that these DLC's are recently made free, but there are a few things for Sims 3 that are free:

Online Pass - https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Online-Pass/ebac7dd4-b37e-4c2c-aa42-778b6fdbbf40
Toyota Prius + Toyota Prius Eco Pack - https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Toyota-Prius-Toyota-Prius-Eco-Pack/767ec1a7-117e-46e8-99f4-01fb2f06c5ea
I didn't even know sims was on the xbox lol

bread's done
Back