List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='michaelh']my usa account got banned but my console is ok, all dlc is still there[/QUOTE]

Its like a form of Market Place Theft. They became more aware of this stuff with people doing a License Transfer every 6 months to give out their games to the highest bidder.

There's an ad for Chase Liquid on the US dashboard and it has some simple mini-game. The game has your avatar going down a waterslide. You need to dodge different obstacles. There's also a free standard theme if you sign-up for more info on Chase Liquid. Why anyone would want a Chase Liquid theme is beyond me. I think more companies should start giving away free avatar items instead of these advertisement standard themes that no one really wants.

[quote name='CodeTrader']There's an ad for Chase Liquid on the US dashboard and it has some simple mini-game. The game has your avatar going down a waterslide. You need to dodge different obstacles. There's also a free standard theme if you sign-up for more info on Chase Liquid. Why anyone would want a Chase Liquid theme is beyond me. I think more companies should start giving away free avatar items instead of these advertisement standard themes that no one really wants.[/QUOTE]

The theme is in the marketplace too so you don't even need the ad to get it.

I do admit though, some of the promotional themes are actually kind of nice, like the Target one, the Rosetta Stone ones and the Verizon ones.

[quote name='shieryda']What is the SmartGlass? You don't use a regular controller for this game, but rather a tablet/pad?[/QUOTE]

SmartGlass is tablet-console cross-functionality, but those games still come with regular controller options. It's just a last minute stab at competing with WiiU, not that they really need to after Kinect.

[quote name='scarsofthumper']The theme is in the marketplace too so you don't even need the ad to get it.

I do admit though, some of the promotional themes are actually kind of nice, like the Target one, the Rosetta Stone ones and the Verizon ones.[/QUOTE]

I guess so. I end up downloading them all anyway, because I'm a sucker for freebies. :p

I would prefer avatar items or premium themes though.

On the UK dashboard they have a free theme and gamer pic for The Rise of the Guardians. Doesn't appear to be on the US.

I was on my Canadian account earlier and found a free theme of Toronto's skyline that's >3.5 MB. Not sure if that makes it premium or not but it sure looks like pretty good quality. Its listed as CUPO theme.

There are also 2 cars theme that are right above or below 3mb. I'm not a fan of either of those but hey, they're free.

EDIT: Thanks for the response, pyoobez. If that's the criteria than, yea, none of these are premium themes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='in boston']I was on my Canadian account earlier and found a free theme of Toronto's skyline that's >3.5 MB. Not sure if that makes it premium or not but it sure looks like pretty good quality. Its listed as CUPO theme.

There are also 2 cars theme that are right above or below 3mb. I'm not a fan of either of those but hey, they're free.[/QUOTE]

I think the only thing that makes them premium is whether or not they have custom scenery when you go into your friends bar (like Warthogs on Halo, Cornfields on Left 4 Dead, etc.)

So while it makes sense premiums would be bigger due to those extra images, it's not really a rule as the wallpapers themselves can fluxuate in size enough and get larger. I have a premium theme or two that's measured in KBs still (Borderlands OXM, I think).

[quote name='pyoobez']I think the only thing that makes them premium is whether or not they have custom scenery when you go into your friends bar (like Warthogs on Halo, Cornfields on Left 4 Dead, etc.)

So while it makes sense premiums would be bigger due to those extra images, it's not really a rule as the wallpapers themselves can fluxuate in size enough and get larger. I have a premium theme or two that's measured in KBs still (Borderlands OXM, I think).[/QUOTE]

Premium themes also have multiple images that change when you go to different sections of the dashboard, like my games, and can change the grey gradient at the bottom of the screen.

The normal themes are completely pointless as you can just use any image you want.

Darts Vs Zombies is the free "hidden" Kinect Sports Gem demo of the week, available via Kinect Cenhtral on the console for only one week.

[quote name='FareFan']Darts Vs Zombies is the free "hidden" Kinect Sports Gem demo of the week, available via Kinect Cenhtral on the console for only one week.[/QUOTE]

FYI - These are only available to play for a week only. After that you can no longer play them. You'll just get some message that the trial has expired and you need to purchase them.

I thought maybe we'd have a trial version to keep and play forever, but that isn't the case.

[quote name='CodeTrader']FYI - These are only available to play for a week only. After that you can no longer play them. You'll just get some message that the trial has expired and you need to purchase them.

I thought maybe we'd have a trial version to keep and play forever, but that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

WRONG! I have the previous two Gem demos of the previous two weeks and can STILL play them today!

Just realized that I still have my Black Ops I pre-release theme on my console, hah. Any nice looking ones available for free?

Some of the links on the main page are dead and the ones that do direct on don't really give a preview, so I'm just curious if anybody has a suggestion.

Got the World of Warcraft ad just now. It shows a commercial followed by a screen allowing you to download both the Horde and Alliance t-shirts.

There's a new Turtle Beach ad that has a few avatar items in it. They include a palm tree prop, headset prop, hat and t-shirt.

zAHv1l.jpg

oY4ZDl.jpg

[quote name='scarsofthumper']There's a new Turtle Beach ad that has a few avatar items in it. They include a palm tree prop, headset prop, hat and t-shirt.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. I never wind up using half the stuff I DL but that hasn't stopped me from downloading every available item.

[quote name='scarsofthumper']There's a new Turtle Beach ad that has a few avatar items in it. They include a palm tree prop, headset prop, hat and t-shirt.
[/QUOTE]

I hope I can find this, and doesn't take too many refreshes, I usually don't get it for a few days, until the system things i forgot I was initially looking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='franscodelamrte']I hope I can find this, and doesn't take too many refreshes, I usually don't get it for a few days, until the system things i forgot I was initially looking for it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't find it on my US account, but did see it on my Canadian account. If you find it on another account, go to the ad then log out of that account and into your main account.

Kinect Party (the sequel to Double Fine's Happy Action Theatre) will be free 12/18-12/31

Kinect Party will be free until the year end - Kinect Party for Xbox 360 News
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/k...ct_party_will_be_free_until_the_year_end.html

Double Fine's Kinect Party, the all-body follow-up to Happy Action Theatre, will be released December 18 on Xbox LIVE and will be free until December 31, Microsoft has revealed.

In Kinect Party it will be possible to become a karate master, clone yourself, destroy a castle you built yourself, and go bananas with dubstep.

Happy Action Theatre is one of the more successful examples of a fun Kinect experience so Kinect Party could go down especially well this Christmas, especially as a free download.

Owners of Happy Action Theatre will also be able to play its 18 mini games from within Kinect Party.

can't get the turtle beach one... btw what's the best way to refresh the advertisments?? currently i just go in and out of the avatar store....

[quote name='canvasch']can't get the turtle beach one... btw what's the best way to refresh the advertisments?? currently i just go in and out of the avatar store....[/QUOTE]

menu button/big X then Y

[quote name='canvasch']can't get the turtle beach one... btw what's the best way to refresh the advertisments?? currently i just go in and out of the avatar store....[/QUOTE]

Found it quick on Canadian acc, 2 controller trick works

Been trying to get this all day, still nothing. menu signout then back in for 5 hours, nothing. :/

[quote name='DERRANGED']Found it quick on Canadian acc, 2 controller trick works[/QUOTE]
Hi everyone,
How does this 2 controller trick works ? and can I use it to download this avatar items to my account even if the add/content is not available in my country?

[quote name='hammurabi1337']First Verizon's pile of stuff, then the Mustang pile of stuff, now Turtle Beaches?

I like this trend.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Verizon, it looks like they added another prop, a Christmas Elf with a jetpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back