List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='derdaca']I got Ac3 by migrating the chinese account to canadian at about 70% and no problems at all.[/QUOTE]

Oh my......you cannot say this and not explain. Because if that is an option, does that also mean that those Avatar items that are Region Lock might be able to be migrated?

Or am I hoping for too much?

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']Oh my......you cannot say this and not explain. Because if that is an option, does that also mean that those Avatar items that are Region Lock might be able to be migrated?

Or am I hoping for too much?[/QUOTE]
First log into your fake Chinese account that have already purchased the free AC3 GoD.
Then use the following link to change the region to your region, if you live in USA then USA, if UK then UK.
https://live.xbox.com/zh-CN/AccountMigration
Make sure your region actually have AC3 on GoD, no point change to a region that doesn't have it.
Finally recover the account on your xbox and download your US (or whatever your chosen region is) version of the game.
Enjoy!

[quote name='Zizi']First log into your fake Chinese account that have already purchased the free AC3 GoD.
Then use the following link to change the region to your region, if you live in USA then USA, if UK then UK.
Make sure your region actually have AC3 on GoD, no point change to a region that doesn't have it.
Finally recover the account on your xbox and download your US (or whatever your chosen region is) version of the game.
Enjoy![/QUOTE]

worked, thank you!

[quote name='Zizi']First log into your fake Chinese account that have already purchased the free AC3 GoD.
Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this.

[quote name='Inbox']u didnt miss it.. mine got to 80% and quit. this was 5minutes after it was announced[/QUOTE]

It was no longer available for purchase when I tried. Therefore, I missed it.

For everyone who says that their download STOPPED AT 80%, check again.

I was actively watching my own download at that precise moment and I saw it go from 80% to COMPLETE.

It actually COMPLETED!!! I simply went back to my Home section on the dashboard and went to Recent. The game was there is it LAUNCHED!

[quote name='TXboxGuY']For everyone who says that their download STOPPED AT 80%, check again.

I was actively watching my own download at that precise moment and I saw it go from 80% to COMPLETE.

It actually COMPLETED!!! I simply went back to my Home section on the dashboard and went to Recent. The game was there is it LAUNCHED![/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I checked my hard drive and noticed my download was corrupted. So I just deleted it and migrated my account as suggested. Doing a fresh download right now.

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Which region should we set ours to? I'm in the US and we don't have AC III on Demand here

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']Oh my......you cannot say this and not explain. Because if that is an option, does that also mean that those Avatar items that are Region Lock might be able to be migrated?

Or am I hoping for too much?[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone explained it! The only thing I will add is that I stopped the dl by logging into my main account before migrating then resumed the dl on the chinese migrated account. I'm not sure about avatar items but I can confirm this worked for me for AC3. I just hope they do not patch the game or ban my console!

[quote name='derdaca']Looks like someone explained it! The only thing I will add is that I stopped the dl by logging into my main account before migrating then resumed the dl on the chinese migrated account. I'm not sure about avatar items but I can confirm this worked for me for AC3. I just hope they do not patch the game or ban my console![/QUOTE]
I was worried about a ban so passed but was so tempted but i have ac3 ps3 bundle so why take a chance. gl people

I tried to download the game onto the HDD after changing my Chinese account to a UK account (by mistake since I live in Canada) but the file got corrupted while it was downloading. Is there any way I can fix this?

[quote name='Masters_93']I tried to download the game onto the HDD after changing my Chinese account to a UK account (by mistake since I live in Canada) but the file got corrupted while it was downloading. Is there any way I can fix this?[/QUOTE]

Maybe using a vpn.

[quote name='Masters_93']I tried to download the game onto the HDD after changing my Chinese account to a UK account (by mistake since I live in Canada) but the file got corrupted while it was downloading. Is there any way I can fix this?[/QUOTE]

Delete it and redownload.

[quote name='Haloid']any chance anyone has an extra chinese account they bought it on wouldnt mind if they let me have it?[/QUOTE]

that is not possible because the game is conected to the acount console was bought in! Nice try anyway NO BEGGING FOR FREE STUFF

[quote name='Warrio_r']that is not possible because the game is conected to the acount console was bought in! Nice try anyway NO BEGGING FOR FREE STUFF[/QUOTE]

Its possable. After the account is recovered on the new consol you can transfer the licenses to that new consol and re-dowload anything that was "purchased" by that profile.

But it is highly unlikely tht anyone went thru the trouble to create an additional chinese account to grab another copy of the game

[quote name='mechaduckzilla']Its possable. After the account is recovered on the new consol you can transfer the licenses to that new consol and re-dowload anything that was "purchased" by that profile.

But it is highly unlikely tht anyone went thru the trouble to create an additional chinese account to grab another copy of the game[/QUOTE]

When dungeons and dragons was free for taiwan users, dozens of people made extra accounts to download the game and try to trade it with others so its happen before.

AC3 download corrupts at 80% even after migration. I redownloaded it 4 times and it still corrupts. Eventually I gave up.

for AC:III, you need to migrate the Chinese account to your own country. then delete the corrupted data and start the download over again. most people on here were saying you need to migrate it to US, but that's assuming we all live in the US. once you migrate the account it will create a new region lock for the account's current region and check to make sure you are within that country.

you will not be banned.
please stop propagating this line of thought.

[quote name='Leo121']AC3 download corrupts at 80% even after migration. I redownloaded it 4 times and it still corrupts. Eventually I gave up.[/QUOTE]

The same for me, maybe someone wants to extract and upload the game.

:roll:

[quote name='kevL0CK']for AC:III, you need to migrate the Chinese account to your own country. then delete the corrupted data and start the download over again. most people on here were saying you need to migrate it to US, but that's assuming we all live in the US. once you migrate the account it will create a new region lock for the account's current region and check to make sure you are within that country.

you will not be banned.
please stop propagating this line of thought.[/QUOTE]

Are Canada and U.S. two different regions for locking purposes? I switched it to Canada and I'm U.S. and each time I've dl'ed it comes out corrupted.

[quote name='mechaduckzilla']Are Canada and U.S. two different regions for locking purposes? I switched it to Canada and I'm U.S. and each time I've dl'ed it comes out corrupted.[/QUOTE]

Delete the content and re-downloaded.

[quote name='Lukam']Delete the content and re-downloaded.[/QUOTE]

I've done a couple of times now. Only other thing I can think of is that I'm dl'ed over wifi and get cut off, but that shouldn't affect it as know of. should pick up where it left when it reconnects, right? maybe I'll try a hardline connection later. This is turning out to be a lot of work for a free game lol

[quote name='mechaduckzilla']Are Canada and U.S. two different regions for locking purposes? I switched it to Canada and I'm U.S. and each time I've dl'ed it comes out corrupted.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing and it doesn't work. I saw someone swithced over to Canada and did the same before it was known that you should swithc over to your home country. So now if I want to swithc to U.S. I have to wait 3 months :(.

(I tried Dl-ing it a few times and it kept craping out at 80)

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']I did the same thing and it doesn't work. I saw someone swithced over to Canada and did the same before it was known that you should swithc over to your home country. So now if I want to swithc to U.S. I have to wait 3 months :(.

(I tried Dl-ing it a few times and it kept craping out at 80)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you want to try with a VPN like me.

I'm always do that to buy Games on Demand (Because I'm not live in the US), and my country doesn't have xbox support.

But this time, when the download reach to 80% and switch to a VPN, the download show as pending and later "Device Full". But I have like 9Gb Free.

Maybe you have a friend who has the game (from Games on demand), move the game to an USB, copy the file in your pc using an usb explorer like Xtaf, Modio or Horizon, make a copy to your PC hardrive and then move that copy to you xbox.

[quote name='kevL0CK']for AC:III, you need to migrate the Chinese account to your own country. then delete the corrupted data and start the download over again. most people on here were saying you need to migrate it to US, but that's assuming we all live in the US. once you migrate the account it will create a new region lock for the account's current region and check to make sure you are within that country.

you will not be banned.
please stop propagating this line of thought.[/QUOTE]
Haha actually people can but will they? If they do man i would hide. This stuff breaks the TOS.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Haha actually people can but will they? If they do man i would hide. This stuff breaks the TOS.[/QUOTE]

exactly idk where this guy got his info but you cant say migrating an account just to get free stuff isnt against the rules. ppl got banned for the free borderlands stuff a few pages back because they migrated accounts.

[quote name='Element3120']ppl got banned for the free borderlands stuff a few pages back because they migrated accounts.[/QUOTE]Who were these people? I only found one person who got banned. He was not specific about what he did to get banned. "My account got banned" is very vague.

[quote name='michaelh']my usa account got banned but my console is ok, all dlc is still there[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10206106#post10206106

[quote name='CartofRosu']I have an extra TS code ... PM me for it ... First one to pm and say thanks gets the damn thing :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JenMeister07']Thank you very much, CartofRosu! :)[/QUOTE]

What is TS? Toy Soldiers?

yeah unfortunately it needs to be migrated to your country in order to complete the download. you can set an alarm on your computer/smartphone to alert you in 3 months that you can migrate this account from Canada to wherever you currently are. you can detele the currently downloaded "corrupted data" til then to get your 7.6GB back.

to everyone about bans: nobody on here or on the reddit thread about this has been banned. I'm here telling you that you will not be banned for doing this. you guys keep choosing to call me out while basing your "it violates the TOS, you will be banned" on not one case where someone was banned for getting AC:III for free.

nobody has been banned for this. when I tell people they won't be banned i'm giving them needed information. i'm not talking about every single issue under the TOS that has come up before or will come up after. i'm helping these specific people with this specific issue. most of whom are stuck at the 80% mark and you're causing some to get scared and abandon it completely... you're not helping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt this will help anyone, but what I did was migrate the chinese account to US (my region) BEFORE it hit the 80% mark and corrupted the first time. So if you're stuck, just switch your account to whatever region you're in, then delete the corrupted data, go to your downloads history, and try again... Worked for me and I've been playing (online even) without any hiccups.

It shouldn't be. I downloaded a XBLA game with a US account and I can play it fine with my Canadian account. Although, I'm on the same boat as you but I accidentally changed the country to UK whereas I live in Canada.

Oh well, guess in three months (if I remember), I'll download it. Until then, I'll keep playing the disc version I have :p

Haven't seen it mentioned, but there is a dashboard advert for "Things that do Two Things". Opening that up and clicking on the 5 things nets you a mullet for your avatar.

[quote name='Grunty']Haven't seen it mentioned, but there is a dashboard advert for "Things that do Two Things". Opening that up and clicking on the 5 things nets you a mullet for your avatar.[/QUOTE]
posted a while back

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back