List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free exclusive avatar item when you play 20 hours of XBLA games in April.

Make sure you are an Xbox Live Rewards member to get this. It's free to sign up.

http://rewards.xbox.com/mypunchcard/

xboxliverewards.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TedBundYzcoa']anyone knows what is this "exclusive avatar item"??[/QUOTE]

There is a video online about this new feature and it shows an avatar playing with a football....I hope thats not it lmao

[quote name='capybara554321']Does anyone know if it will count if you just turn on an arcade game and leave it it at the menu screen?[/QUOTE]

Not worth the electricity cost, not to mention the usage of your screen/TV which cuts hours from its total lifetime........

[quote name='capybara554321']Does anyone know if it will count if you just turn on an arcade game and leave it it at the menu screen?[/QUOTE]

I turned on Happy Wars on Monday with my wired controller plugged in (to prevent the pause/disconnected controller pop-up, and left it on for 20+ hours.

I will know if it worked in "3 – 5 days".

[quote name='FareFan']Not worth the electricity cost, not to mention the usage of your screen/TV which cuts hours from its total lifetime........[/QUOTE]

If you turn your TV off and are using the newer "Slim" 360 model, 24 hours of electricity usage will cost roughly $0.33 (averaging $0.10 / kWh).

So the question is whether or not the mystery avatar item is worth ~$0.33 to you.

[quote name='nCogNeato']If you turn your TV off and are using the newer "Slim" 360 model, 24 hours of electricity usage will cost roughly $0.33 (averaging $0.10 / kWh).

So the question is whether or not the mystery avatar item is worth ~$0.33 to you.[/QUOTE]

Here if I turn TV off, the Xbox also automatically resets in kind of standby mode, so your game hours won't count. When you turn TV back on, the Xbox automatically reboots from the Xbox logo screen.

[quote name='FareFan']Here if I turn TV off, the Xbox also automatically resets in kind of standby mode, so your game hours won't count. When you turn TV back on, the Xbox automatically reboots from the Xbox logo screen.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have an HDMI handshake issue.

[quote name='GamerChris']Sounds like you have an HDMI handshake issue.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's definitely an HDMI handshake thing. My Xbox will active on after I turn the TV off (game sounds are still being played thru my audio receiver). It's when I turn the TV back on or if I switch inputs away from and then back to the Xbox, that it reboots itself.

Not much you can do about it, except make sure that your TV has the latest firmware.

[quote name='FareFan']Here if I turn TV off, the Xbox also automatically resets in kind of standby mode, so your game hours won't count. When you turn TV back on, the Xbox automatically reboots from the Xbox logo screen.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Definitely an HDMI handshake issue as stated above. I fortunately don't suffer from that problem with my TV (Philips). I suppose if you could switch to component/composite temporarily if you don't want to keep your TV on.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Ouch. Definitely an HDMI handshake issue as stated above. I fortunately don't suffer from that problem with my TV (Philips). I suppose if you could switch to component/composite temporarily if you don't want to keep your TV on.[/QUOTE]

I only have this issue with video content (netflix, hulu, streaming from PC). If I pause a game and shut off the TV, everything is still going when I come back.

[quote name='nCogNeato']If you turn your TV off and are using the newer "Slim" 360 model, 24 hours of electricity usage will cost roughly $0.33 (averaging $0.10 / kWh).

So the question is whether or not the mystery avatar item is worth ~$0.33 to you.[/QUOTE]

i suspect it's a football :whistle2:k
saw an ad for this on the dash showing an avatar with a football.

[quote name='Dude009']i suspect it's a football :whistle2:k
saw an ad for this on the dash showing an avatar with a football.[/QUOTE]

A crummy football. No
I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200 shot range model air rifle!

To those having problems with their TVs and/or 360s being hijacked when turning things on/off, you might want to look into whether or not you have "HDMI Ctrl" turned on, also known as RIHD settings. With Sony's (TVs and Receivers) it's called Bravia Sync. Samsung has Viera-something-or-other. Pretty sure most HDMI devices have these settings most of these days, it's worth looking into to see if these things are turned on when you'd rather they're not.

[quote name='Sanges99']To those having problems with their TVs and/or 360s being hijacked when turning things on/off, you might want to look into whether or not you have "HDMI Ctrl" turned on, also known as RIHD settings. With Sony's (TVs and Receivers) it's called Bravia Sync. Samsung has Viera-something-or-other. Pretty sure most HDMI devices have these settings most of these days, it's worth looking into to see if these things are turned on when you'd rather they're not.[/QUOTE]

what about on my cheapo sanyo set? i believe it is part of microsoft secret/not-so-secret plan that i solely commit to xbox 100% and not even think about switching channels/inputs

Dungeons and Dragons- Daggerdale (spanish edition, don't know if you can change language)
marketplace.xbox.com/en-IN/Product/Dungeons-Dragons-Daggerdale/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410aa2
Bassically it's the same as the AC3 method. Didn't tried it myself. Those who want to give it a try are welcome to post results

[quote name='tokyostomp']what about on my cheapo sanyo set? i believe it is part of microsoft secret/not-so-secret plan that i solely commit to xbox 100% and not even think about switching channels/inputs[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't say it was a suggestion for EVERYONE. :booty:

Maybe you're using a receiver with the setting...?

Uhhhm, is your entertainment center all plugged into a surge protector with a Master/Slave circuit...? (I have one of those for the spare room's system). Or I even once read that someone with a Kinect was trying to keep their 360 turned off but had it plugged into either a cheap surge protector or else was using an extension cord and it would turn-off and then pop right back on "by itself."

[quote name='Sanges99']To those having problems with their TVs and/or 360s being hijacked when turning things on/off, you might want to look into whether or not you have "HDMI Ctrl" turned on, also known as RIHD settings. With Sony's (TVs and Receivers) it's called Bravia Sync. Samsung has Viera-something-or-other. Pretty sure most HDMI devices have these settings most of these days, it's worth looking into to see if these things are turned on when you'd rather they're not.[/QUOTE]

Panasonic is Viera.

[quote name='DeathshadeHDR']Dungeons and Dragons- Daggerdale (spanish edition, don't know if you can change language)
marketplace.xbox.com/en-IN/Product/Dungeons-Dragons-Daggerdale/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410aa2
Bassically it's the same as the AC3 method. Didn't tried it myself. Those who want to give it a try are welcome to post results[/QUOTE]

Thats not Spanish, Pretty sure thats India Btw ;)

Daggerdale has been free in different countries before. It's a good game and well worth the trouble for free.

Yep free Daggerdale works. Just made an Indian account and got it. Thanks for the post sp00ge.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DeathshadeHDR']Dungeons and Dragons- Daggerdale (spanish edition, don't know if you can change language)
Bassically it's the same as the AC3 method. Didn't tried it myself. Those who want to give it a try are welcome to post results[/QUOTE]

Got mine on an india account too. Thanks for the info!

Cool just finished AC3 an hour before I saw your post, always cool to have a new game in the collection. Thanks.

[quote name='themikeyp']cool just finished ac3 an hour before i saw your post, always cool to have a new game in the collection. Thanks.[/quote]

omg please let me license transfer your chinese account!!

Can anyone help me with getting that Dungeons & Dragons Daggerd game for free. New to this but it looks pretty cool. But don't know how to get it free. It say 800 points for the game.

:applause:Thanks OP, all ready had it from my Russian account. But figured I needed an excuse to create a new one. And a lot easier then getting ACIII from China.

[quote name='D0ugie']:applause:Thanks OP, all ready had it from my Russian account. But figured I needed an excuse to create a new one. And a lot easier then getting ACIII from China.[/QUOTE]

Only Games on Demand have region lock.

[quote name='Survival']anyone wanna license transfer my chinese account for assassins creed 3[/QUOTE]
I do.

There's a 'StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm' avatar t-shirt for free.. I got it the other day while just browsing on the main dash.. watched the video, grabbed the shirt. Hopefully it's still available. I'm in the U.S. btw..

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.

I don't think the Heart of the Swarm shirt is still available. I tried finding it on the dashboard and refreshing it a few times but no results.

There's also the 'Evil Dead Gamer Picture Pack' and 'Evil Dead Theme' right on the main dash too.. Again, i'll assume that this is US only.

[quote name='toadielurks']There's a 'StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm' avatar t-shirt for free.. I got it the other day while just browsing on the main dash.. watched the video, grabbed the shirt. Hopefully it's still available. I'm in the U.S. btw..

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.[/QUOTE]
It has, but it seems to show up VERY randomly, although thats nothing new with ad based items

[quote name='Shuyinion']I don't think the Heart of the Swarm shirt is still available. I tried finding it on the dashboard and refreshing it a few times but no results.[/QUOTE]
Point proven, lol. And ya, its still there, saw it for the 10th time yesterday after I spent like days and days trying to get it to show up.

[quote name='toadielurks']There's also the 'Evil Dead Gamer Picture Pack' and 'Evil Dead Theme' right on the main dash too.. Again, i'll assume that this is US only.[/QUOTE]
Also old news, but its Evil Dead, so there is literally no fault for reposting :lol:

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']

Also old news, but its Evil Dead, so there is literally no fault for reposting :lol:[/QUOTE]

I had to quote this because of how more respect you get for this comment :)
Btw the remake did not let me down. Saw it 2 days ago and am going again to see it.

[quote name='Survival']so istill have ac3 and a code for gears of war 1 and 14 day xbox live if anyone is interested. please im me.[/QUOTE]

pm'd you about AC3!

free xbl content, free xbox arcade games, no begging, no trading

the CaG does have a trading section separately..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back