List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of free stuff to report:

1. Xbox live is giving away 1 free movie every week for the next 5 weeks every Friday. Available on the dashboard.

2. Free theme and gamer pics for Olympus Has Fallen. Available via an ad on the dashboard.

All done on a UK account.

I've always had access to IE on the xbox since the new dashboard.

[quote name='CodeTrader']Not sure if this even worth mentioning, but I saw an ad on the dashboard that said the Internet Explorer app will be unlocked for everyone for the month of May. I guess it normally requires Gold.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Takusho']
If you have a Facebook account, you can get a free Arkham City Skins pack for Injustice (for both PS3 and Xbox 360).

All you have to do is click the link, like the page, and click what console you want your code for. On the semi-bottom left, there's something about "friend" in German. Click that, then cancel. Enjoy your code. :3

*Some claim it works only on EU accounts. Some claim it works on their US accounts*

https://www.facebook.com/injusticegameDE?sk=app_486379888095418
[/QUOTE]
Dang! always a day late to the party. I'm getting "Leider keine Codes mehr verfügbar" which seems to roughly translate into "Haha there's nein das koden here for you, go sit on a wet T-Rex and cry"... or something. Did anyone try this today and get a code?

Free gold weekend as well as some Borderlands 2 free stuff and double xp for a couple games. More info at...well...can't post a link... it is the main live website with free-live-weekend at the end. Believe it is posted in the code drop forum as well if you are having trouble finding the info.

[quote name='Razorleaf']how many times do you want to post the free weekend? its already the third time...[/QUOTE]

If you're asking me, I posted the link the the previous poster was referring to since they couldn't post links.

[quote name='jukkakhan']Japan is included in the free Gold weekend, is there anything interesting to snag off that marketplace?[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to snagging those "Gold Only" sales, these free weekends don't count for those; consider them to be a free 48 hour Gold trial from Microsoft (those also don't count for anything besides multiplayer and sometimes app streaming, in case that wasnt't absolutely clear enough).

The more you know.... :whistle2:\"

[quote name='Relentless Sheep']Hasn't this always been free?[/QUOTE]

Yea it has. That's how you access the latter part of the "season".

[quote name='Relentless Sheep']Hasn't this always been free?[/QUOTE]
Isn't that besides the point? It was never posted in this thread and it is free and it is on the marketplace.

I'm too lazy to see if it was ever posted but anyway i just edited the OP to add Spartan Ops 6-10 and the free Forge island map add-on for halo 4 since it wasn't there.

[quote name='D0ugie']Not sure if this has been posted or not, Halo 4 Spartan Ops season 1: Episodes 6-10 is free. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...des-6-10/5815fe85-ae61-440d-9499-6c7c05f26756[/QUOTE]
Surprised I forgot about this when I cleaned up the OP Game Add-Ons...adding now

EDIT: ....and weird, it says someone else just added Halo 4 stuff...but I don't see it anywhere in the post...

EDIT 2: ah, nvm, the edit needed approval! Taken care of!

[quote name='Eden0032']Lots of free stuff to report:

1. Xbox live is giving away 1 free movie every week for the next 5 weeks every Friday. Available on the dashboard.

All done on a UK account.[/QUOTE]Where is the source for this?

Is it UK only?

When does it start? Friday, April 19 or 26?

EDIT: I found the source, but it looks like Microsoft took the pages down.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/movie-weekend
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/movie-weekend-terms

Here is a thread that talks about it:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-xbox-video-weekends-starts-19-april-1532382

Starts Friday, April 19.

So, I am guessing that it is UK only?

EDIT:

This week's movie is Cattle Call.

In Los Angeles, three guys with limited social lives hatch a plan to meet women: they’ll issue a casting call for an independent film, interview actresses, and ask out the ones who interest them.
Available to rent in HD
FROM 19th April 4pm TO 21st April 3:59pm

Here is the Google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...vKI9oIJ:www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/movie-weekend

Here is the archive of the Google cache:
http://archive.is/7NXQJ

Terms:

Here is the Google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/movie-weekend-terms

Here is the archive of the Google cache:
http://archive.is/kCC3p

UK only:
Who is this promotion open to?

This promotion is open to any Gold and Free Xbox LIVE Member resident in the United Kingdom who is 18 years of age or older at the time of the promotion.

The timings of each weekend HD rental promotion are described as follows:

Title 1 – Starts 16.01pm BST, Friday 19th April 2013 and ends 15.59am BST, Sunday 21st April 2013
Title 2 – Starts 16.01pm BST, Friday 26th April 2013 and ends 15.59am BST, Sunday 28th April 2013
Title 3 – Starts 4.01pm BST, Friday 3rd May 2013 and ends 15.59am BST, Sunday 5th May 2013
Title 4 – Starts 16.01pm BST, Friday 10th May 2013 and ends 15.59am BST, Sunday 12th May 2013
Title 5 – Starts 16.01pm BST, Friday 17th May 2013 and ends 15.59am BST, Sunday 19th May 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a U.S. Army ad that features a combat uniform for avatars. I'll upload pics momentarily.

Edit: On the dashboard
hfU1wVJ.jpg

Navigate to the top "hotspot" within the ad
NHMhxtU.jpg

Looks like the Dr Pepper 10 is back with Gamer Pics, Themes, Games, and a Free Dr Pepper 10.

New ad and new games than the Man Cave beforehand.

Might try the 10 if I get a free one this time.

[quote name='uhnsk']There's a U.S. Army ad that features a combat uniform for avatars. I'll upload pics momentarily.

Edit: On the dashboard
hfU1wVJ.jpg

Navigate to the top "hotspot" within the ad
NHMhxtU.jpg
[/QUOTE]

works with two controller trick on non_US accounts?

Pretty sure the U.S.Army outfir is only gonna be available for U.S. accounts. If anyone is having trouble getting the ad, make or use and 18 year olds profile and use the two controller trick. Worked like a charm for this and the Marines tshirt.

" Looks like the Dr Pepper 10 is back with Gamer Pics, Themes, Games, and a Free Dr Pepper 10."

The coupon that prints out is actually Buy one get one free. Which, around here, Walgreens has/had it on sale for $1 so it isn't the worst thing ever but it isn't completely free. Bummer.

APRF-YVKQ-FY4R-8LGA

Free code for Mass Effect 2 Cerebus Network on 360

Not sure if it's still valid, but I already have one and I found it in the drawer

use it on ea.com

[quote name='Warrio_r']WINDOWS PHONE , NOT XBOX just saying Thanks anyway mate[/QUOTE]

Its an Xbox Live game and accessed via the Xbox Live Marketplace on a windows phone and this is a thread about free Xbox Live content, my bad, I didn't know it related only to Xbox Live Marketplace content for an Xbox and not Xbox Live content for Windows Phones/Windows 8

It appears the above link for Angry Birds is for the Windows Phone 8, for Windows Phone 7 go to the link from your phone and scroll to Related and you'll see an option to download it for free from there.

[quote name='AdyCarter']Its an Xbox Live game and accessed via the Xbox Live Marketplace on a windows phone and this is a thread about free Xbox Live content, my bad, I didn't know it related only to Xbox Live Marketplace content for an Xbox and not Xbox Live content for Windows Phones/Windows 8[/QUOTE]

There are separate threads for free xbox content on the Windows Phone (deals not free, but still...) AND Windows 8....this thread has always been solely xbox 360 related.

[quote name='AdyCarter']Its an Xbox Live game and accessed via the Xbox Live Marketplace on a windows phone and this is a thread about free Xbox Live content...[/QUOTE]
While I've no use for WP games, I feel that this is as good a place as any other short of a dedicated thread. Thanks for sharing, AdyCarter.

All this talk about windows phones and look FREE windows 8 phone prop for your avatar on the US dashboard. Not sure if for anyone else I didn't check.

Yes, I was just coming here to post about it. Unfortunately, it's region-locked to the USA.

[quote name='D0ugie']All this talk about windows phones and look FREE windows 8 phone prop for your avatar on the US dashboard. Not sure if for anyone else I didn't check.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

1ghz4y.png

I've found the Windows Phone ad twice now, but I can't get it to stay open long enough for me to actually get the prop. I hit A, the ad loads, the promptly goes back to the dashboard.

Is anyone else having this problem?

i couldnt even find the ad after 20+ mins

I saw a Jack in the box ad and now I want a jack in the box avatar head!

[quote name='webkatt']i couldnt even find the ad after 20+ mins

I saw a Jack in the box ad and now I want a jack in the box avatar head![/QUOTE]

I want Jack in the Box. Those don't exist where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back