List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it online only?

Then retract my statement, I assumed it was like the first game with local multiplayer (and single player).

[quote name='emwearz']Is it online only?

Then retract my statement, I assumed it was like the first game with local multiplayer (and single player).[/QUOTE]

It is local single-player, but you have to be logged into a gold account to play. So if your gold runs out, you don't get to play.

But how is this different than PS+?

please let's not fill this thread up with speculations of the next xbox or discussions of games... i'm sure there are appropriate threads elsewhere on CAG...

back on subject...

768295990.jpg

New free Xbox avatar outfit on the North American Dashboard for the movie "After Earth", unlock via the ad

Weird. I checked the ad yesterday & there was no mention of it. Just a clip, pictures, and themes/pics. Guess it was added just recently.

[quote name='sp00ge']Unless I'm missing something, I don't get what all the crying is about. It's a FREE online-only game. If you don't want to pay for the online service, you don't get to play. It's not like you paid for the game and then MS slipped the online-only bit in after the fact.

I consider it a bonus for those of us who pay for Live.

But everyone is entitled to everything for free, it seems.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I think it was a little unexpected. The last game was free and it didn't require you to have a Gold sub. It didn't say anything about being a Gold Exclusive when you downloaded it. It even let people without Gold download it. They should have mentioned it was a Gold only title before downloading it. I think a lot of people got their hopes up and were a bit misled.

I have Gold on my profile, but my kids only have free accounts, so they can't play.

[quote name='sp00ge']It is local single-player, but you have to be logged into a gold account to play. So if your gold runs out, you don't get to play.

But how is this different than PS+?[/QUOTE]

Or happy wars

[quote name='webkatt']its weird that ad has been around for a while but disappeared for a bit. verizon must have paid to have it spam all the screens this week[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my dash currently refusing to display any advertisments other than Verizon and U.S. Army.
So, did they Verizon ever offer a fifth avatar prop in that last empty space?

[quote name='CodeTrader']Looks like they removed the original Doritos Crash Course.[/QUOTE]
Removed the City Lights DLC as well. It's funny how often I only want something once I can't have it.

[quote name='barrysowders']Don't know if it has been posted yet but there is a free Minecraft skin pack in honor of 1 year on Xbox.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...kin-Pack/f314fdd3-1287-49b4-9ff5-948499217950[/QUOTE]

It has, you're the third now in the last two pages of comments. It was mentioned first and then about ten comments later it was quoted and given a link, and now another dozen comments later there's you.

If I could post a second picture under my avatar, it would show a giant arrow pointing to the "search this thread" button located next to the rating at the top of every single thread frame. I'm sure someone who isnt subscribed to this thread, or just doesn't read their thread subscription emails, appreciated your mention though.

[quote name='SuperNintendo']would this be the same as the frito lay promo where you just enter the code on the bag or what?[/QUOTE]

Using what little spanish I remember from high school to navigate (I graduated in 98), I tried 3 times with the same code I found online and got the exact same 48-hour code. No idea if it was even valid, though.

[quote name='NoDAK']Removed the City Lights DLC as well. It's funny how often I only want something once I can't have it.[/QUOTE]
I never understood why they don't just announce when a game or dlc is about to be delisted. You'd think MS would want to milk everything for every penny they are worth, and announcing delistings would definitely get a whole bunch of people to last minute buy whatever it is (and for probably no reason short of that its going to be gone forever, lol)

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I never understood why they don't just announce when a game or dlc is about to be delisted. You'd think MS would want to milk everything for every penny they are worth, and announcing delistings would definitely get a whole bunch of people to last minute buy whatever it is (and for probably no reason short of that its going to be gone forever, lol)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if they would of announce that they were removing it...I would of definitely would of bought the dlc

Glad I bought the DLC before they took it off without announcing it. Hate when they do that kinda thing so I had to make sure. Good thing

[quote name='sp00ge']Using what little spanish I remember from high school to navigate (I graduated in 98), I tried 3 times with the same code I found online and got the exact same 48-hour code. No idea if it was even valid, though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Only tried one time but I got a 48 hour trial.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Same here. Only tried one time but I got a 48 hour trial.[/QUOTE]

Can you say what code did you used ?

[quote name='DERRANGED']Here are some codes to save you some trouble, let me know if theyre multi-use.
FNNXPPFX
77FXYXFJ[/QUOTE]

Nope, top one isn't.

[quote name='kylerg']Never see any After Earth.[/QUOTE]

Dang I just say that add but it mentioned a sweepstakes so I didn't bother checking it out. Now to try and see if it will show up again.

There is a Free Forza Horizon 2013 Ford Mustang Boss if you DL/use the Pizza Hut app.

Also saw that Red Bull is back with "new" downloads but after the waste of time on their last one, not going to do this to get new gamer pics. Anyone know if they have any avatar props this time around?

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']Also saw that Red Bull is back with "new" downloads but after the waste of time on their last one, not going to do this to get new gamer pics. Anyone know if they have any avatar props this time around?[/QUOTE]Found it as well (one of the ads is some guys playing basketball with "earn your wings" & "unlock new downloads"). Here's what you can get.

Challenge 1 (watch (to which I mean, let the video begin, hit "B" after a second or two, then go to the next one) 3 videos): Red Bull 2012 Gamer Pic Pack

Challenge 2 ("watch" 11 videos): Red Bull Master Theme 2013

Challenge 3 ("watch" all the videos): Red Bull 2013 Spot Trailer

There's also a theme you can download based on each video.

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']There is a Free Forza Horizon 2013 Ford Mustang Boss if you DL/use the Pizza Hut app.

Also saw that Red Bull is back with "new" downloads but after the waste of time on their last one, not going to do this to get new gamer pics. Anyone know if they have any avatar props this time around?[/QUOTE]
Good find on the pizza hut app bonus. Halo 4 and Kinect Sports will also have DLC tie-ins according to this article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130423-914025.html

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']There is a Free Forza Horizon 2013 Ford Mustang Boss if you DL/use the Pizza Hut app.

Also saw that Red Bull is back with "new" downloads but after the waste of time on their last one, not going to do this to get new gamer pics. Anyone know if they have any avatar props this time around?[/QUOTE]

Wheres the offer for the Horizon car? I downloaded the app but didn't see anything tying it to forza.

[quote name='Mixican']Wheres the offer for the Horizon car? I downloaded the app but didn't see anything tying it to forza.[/QUOTE]

Pick that you want to do a carryout order and then it should be in the middle of the menu area.

You have to order a minimum of $5 to get the car code.

[quote name='tokyostomp']heres hoping for a marketplace mix up for borderlands 2. want kreig for free[/QUOTE]
I was hoping the same thing, sadly it was 800 MSP when I checked lol.

"Congratulations on completing a Punchcard with Xbox LIVE Rewards! As promised, here's your Reward for completing all the activities on the Eat. Sleep. Game. Punchcard."

I just received my avatar from the xbox rewards punchcard xbla event :)

[quote name='kingg0nzilla']"Congratulations on completing a Punchcard with Xbox LIVE Rewards! As promised, here's your Reward for completing all the activities on the Eat. Sleep. Game. Punchcard."

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just got mine too. :roll: Oh wait, should have checked it before I scoffed about it.

Still haven't come across the After Earth on the dashboard, but I just got a ginger wig and "Where's the Beef" t-shirt from an Wendy's ad.

[quote name='NoDAK']Still haven't come across the After Earth on the dashboard, but I just got a ginger wig and "Where's the Beef" t-shirt from an Wendy's ad.[/QUOTE]
Oh you dirty bastard.:applause: I keep getting after earth and pizza hut..been looking for almost 5 minutes now.

[quote name='kingg0nzilla']"Congratulations on completing a Punchcard with Xbox LIVE Rewards! As promised, here's your Reward for completing all the activities on the Eat. Sleep. Game. Punchcard."

[/QUOTE]

What is the award?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back