List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a free Batman Premium Theme available now. It is under the Videos and is three or four tabs to the right and says download premium theme.

Hmm, I just applied the theme and it's NOT premium. The pic in the menus shows a premium theme, though. Another error like the New Year's Theme debacle???

I downloaded and applied the theme as well, and I can confirm that it definitely stated that it would be a premium theme, but it isn't.

Can third that statement, though the image on the dashboard is absolutely a premium theme, the one downloaded is not.

False advertisement! =( But free none-the-less.

[quote name='Jut']Yeah mine doesn't have the premium stuff either.

I also noticed I had a Battlefield Bad Company 2 Premium Theme. I didn't buy it and I looked into it, and apparently if you beat the last level on hard. You get it.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/447266.page[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that is not true... I haven't even touched the single player and I have had the premium theme since I opened the game and put it into my 360. It is the one where the background image is pretty much the game cover and on the friend's list the backgrounds are tanks and other vehicles.

[quote name='mvp828']I am pretty sure that is not true... I haven't even touched the single player and I have had the premium theme since I opened the game and put it into my 360. It is the one where the background image is pretty much the game cover and on the friend's list the backgrounds are tanks and other vehicles.[/QUOTE]

That's the one. I've had the game since launch and didn't notice it until after I beat the campaign yesterday.

So what's up with this Batman theme? I apparently downloaded the old theme pack when it was first released pre-NXE, so it was updated when I redownloaded it...but it's not updated at all...

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']So what's up with this Batman theme? I apparently downloaded the old theme pack when it was first released pre-NXE, so it was updated when I redownloaded it...but it's not updated at all...[/QUOTE]

I was fixing to post that Batman theme in here. :p

Seems messed up or something because it says premium theme but it's not.

First post needs to have Joyride taken down. I'm pretty sure it's no longer going to be free, instead it's a launch Kinect title.

Hopefully it's a free Kinect launch title.

If it's not, how did a free XBLA game that was coming out turn into a full retail $60 game, with Kinect support?!

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Hopefully it's a free Kinect launch title.

If it's not, how did a free XBLA game that was coming out turn into a full retail $60 game, with Kinect support?![/QUOTE]

I've heard that Microsoft turned this free XBLA title into a full $60 Kinect title. No more free whatsoever. They claim that the price tag is warranted because they've had more time to work on it and have expanded it, but I don't buy it.

More likely that they said it was free to draw interest, but then slapped this price onto it to try and make some money =(

[quote name='Captain Urahara']More likely that they said it was free to draw interest, but then slapped this price onto it to try and make some money =([/QUOTE]

I think their original plan was to offer a bare bones version of it free and include micro transactions to pad it out with new cars and things. So I'm sure the Kinect title is the free game + all of the car models and tracks and things they were going to try and sell you + more stuff since it was delayed so long. Of course even with all that, $60 seems way too steep to me for a cart racer where the gameplay seems to consist only of steering and waving your hands in the air to do tricks during a jump.

As you all know the official xbox live marketplace doesn't let you search for free content... so I fixed that by creating a site where you can see all (and download) all the free items. I hope you find it usefull. Google for "AllFreeXbox" to find the site. (Or add some www and some com to it :) )

:bouncy:

[quote name='AllFreeXbox']As you all know the official xbox live marketplace doesn't let you search for free content... so I fixed that by creating a site where you can see all (and download) all the free items. I hope you find it usefull. Google for "AllFreeXbox" to find the site. (Or add some www and some com to it :) )

:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Not to rain on your parade, but I have been using xboxindex for a while now...

Same idea, just been around for like a year?

Full link in the first post of this thread... ;)

[quote name='AllFreeXbox']As you all know the official xbox live marketplace doesn't let you search for free content... so I fixed that by creating a site where you can see all (and download) all the free items. I hope you find it usefull. Google for "AllFreeXbox" to find the site. (Or add some www and some com to it :) )

:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Be ten times better if you listed whether or not the themes were premium...

just sayin.

yea i think 1st post shouldnt bother showing "was free" all that matters is if it IS free. i can help a bit by letting u know the penny arcade samurai tube didnt work. and 2010 glasses cost 40 pts too so not free. but thanks, got free grill and present props and a bing tshirt so far

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']yea i think 1st post shouldnt bother showing "was free" all that matters is if it IS free. i can help a bit by letting u know the penny arcade samurai tube didnt work. and 2010 glasses cost 40 pts too so not free. but thanks, got free grill and present props and a bing tshirt so far[/QUOTE]

I disagree .. by doing that it will bring back the forum reader back as often as possible to checking the updates if there is any .. and by 'was free" will just to show when free stuff was given out .. but well it also serves to give the readers whom missed the free offer a stingy feeling that you missed out .. hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are any Phantasy Star Universe players out here, the (soon to be required) expansion DLC "Ambitions of the Illumines" will be free starting on June 20th. The expansion was originally 1600MSP, then after a year reduced to 800, and now free.

This was stated by the GM Edward on the official PSU site:

Attention, GUARDIANS!

I’d like to be the first to let you know about a special announcement – starting on Wednesday, June 30th, the Ambition of the Illuminus will be a FREE download over Xbox Live !

No voucher code is needed, and no rebate will be required. Anyone who needs it will simply be able to download it for free (although it will still require the original game to play). This is a thank-you to our loyal players for their years of support, and it also helps us to advance PSU into the future. Consider it the first step in lining up much more for Phantasy Star Universe down the line!

Stay tuned – we have lots more news to come, and good things just around the corner!

[quote name='Nico0020']If there are any Phantasy Star Universe players out here, the (soon to be required) expansion DLC "Ambitions of the Illumines" will be free starting on June 20th. The expansion was originally 1600MSP, then after a year reduced to 800, and now free.

This was stated by the GM Edward on the official PSU site:[/QUOTE]

Awsome, I picked up the game last week for 4.99 at Movie Gallery.

Now all I need is some time to actually play it.

I recieved this email last night...

Cast a spell on your Avatar and deck them out in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 clothing and gear. If there is a code below, you can even get FREE Avatar items!*

*Limited-time offer good only to named recipients of this e-mail who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including Washington, D.C.), age 17 and older. To receive a code good for one LEGO Harry Potter Avatar prop, you must be one of the first 7,000 readers to open this e-mail. Limit: one code per person. Code is one-time use only, and must be redeemed at https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx by 11:59:59 P.M. Pacific Time on July 8, 2010. Offer and code cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or combined with any other offer or promotion.

I received the email at 10:18 PM and opened it at 10:48 PM and sadly "the coupon had been exhausted."

/edit: so after some googling I found this. I can't tell if it's a contest or a giveaway. I became a fan with my garbage facebook account. Time to play the waiting game.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I recieved this email last night...

I received the email at 10:18 PM and opened it at 10:48 PM and sadly "the coupon had been exhausted."

/edit: so after some googling I found this. I can't tell if it's a contest or a giveaway. [/QUOTE]

That was the giveaway the broom... supposedly the 7000 people who first open the e-mail got the coupon (code). I call BS someone even made a thread about it. How do they send a mass e-mail late at night and all the codes are gone in minutes? This is only for US accounts as well... Oh well who cares about a stupid broom anyways?

[quote name='downsouthtigger']That was the giveaway the broom... supposedly the 7000 people who first open the e-mail got the coupon (code). I call BS someone even made a thread about it. How do they send a mass e-mail late at night and all the codes are gone in minutes? This is only for US accounts as well... Oh well who cares about a stupid broom anyways?[/QUOTE]

The broom is lame. I won it in a contest last week and redeemed it on my girlfriend's account. The avatar doesn't ride it or do anything fun.

For canadians they have a free canada theme: check your dashboard
Also theres an Axe promotion going on (check dashboard). They have free themes and gamer pics as well

They've brought back the ad for the free premium theme for The Dark Knight Returns, but it's still the regular picture pack. Can we get resolution from MS on whether this premium theme even exists and whether they intended to actually offer that one for download for the current Batman celebration promotion?

[quote name='avengers23']They've brought back the ad for the free premium theme for The Dark Knight Returns, but it's still the regular picture pack. Can we get resolution from MS on whether this premium theme even exists and whether they intended to actually offer that one for download for the current Batman celebration promotion?[/QUOTE]

Be happy with the free theme, if you want the premium one it runs you 240 MS points.

El Linko

Which may or may not be the same as the free one.

Linko 2

Wow .. M$ is been kinda skimpy about giving free stuff away again .. Last year E3 we all got a Perfect Dark Premium theme .. this year nada .. so sad

[quote name='EnronLackey']Wow .. M$ is been kinda skimpy about giving free stuff away again .. Last year E3 we all got a Perfect Dark Premium theme .. this year nada .. so sad[/QUOTE]

They seem to have gotten pretty bad this year i know. All they seem to want now is more and more of your money.

I know the Xtival 09 theme is listed in the OP, but is there any other UK-exclusive content? I just dl'd the free 'Prey in the Darkness' challenge DLC for Batman: Arkham Asylum and am wondering if there is anything else.

Just read the OP and saw the South Park stuff. I already had all the achievements and no avatar awards. Booted the game up and after the update they unlocked. :)

[quote name='eugaet']FWIW, I decided I wanted to download Fable II Episode I today and it's no longer listed/findable on the Marketplace. A bit of googling led me to this direct link, though.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-00004d5307f1

It doesn't say Episode I, but the release date and the file size match. And I'm currently playing it, so it works (for now).

Just in case anyone cares.[/QUOTE]

So is this just the first section of Fable II? I'm getting it in the mail soon from Goozex and I don't want to mess myself up.

[quote name='mistymayem']So is this just the first section of Fable II? I'm getting it in the mail soon from Goozex and I don't want to mess myself up.[/QUOTE]

ya it is

If I'm not mistaken, Batman: Arkham Asylum had a free theme for gold members for awhile. It was a villains pack. Might cost not, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='mistymayem']So is this just the first section of Fable II? I'm getting it in the mail soon from Goozex and I don't want to mess myself up.[/QUOTE]

If you want to get an early start on the game, you can download that and play it. When you get the full disc in the mail, you can uninstall the episodic content and continue using your save file. I did that, and had several achievements unlock when I started playing the full version.

I have a question, does anybody know if the Slims come with Hexic HD preinstalled? I got a Slim but I transfered all my content right away and apparently there was nothing on the hard drive beforehand. Just want to make sure that it didn't get overwritten in some way that it's no longer there after using the transfer cable.

[quote name='dominator']I have a question, does anybody know if the Slims come with Hexic HD preinstalled? I got a Slim but I transferred all my content right away and apparently there was nothing on the hard drive beforehand. Just want to make sure that it didn't get overwritten in some way that it's no longer there after using the transfer cable.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they do. As far as I know, there are only two ways to get Hexic HD now: phone up Microsoft or download it from the internet.

[quote name='Andami']I don't think they do. As far as I know, there are only two ways to get Hexic HD now: phone up Microsoft or download it from the internet.[/QUOTE]

When I transfered my old hard drive to my new console it told me Hexic HD already existed and if I wanted to replace it.

It also said the same thing about Peggle though…

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back