List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't add up...

The only way that makes sense is if they made an arcade-style "trial" version of Fable II in which you are asked to make a purchase in order to continue. But why do all that recoding for a game as old as this?

I'm not buying it. I think MS messed up and doesn't know it yet. This has to be the full game...

[quote name='Captain Urahara']@XboxSupport said it's the full game, but only Episode 1 is unlocked and you have to purchase the rest.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, they seem pretty adamant about it on twitter, stating that the full game is included in the download, just not available pas Ep. 1 without making a purchase...

Oh well, guess I'll see if it's true or not in a couple hours...

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Indeed, they seem pretty adamant about it on twitter, stating that the full game is included in the download, just not available pas Ep. 1 without making a purchase...

Oh well, guess I'll see if it's true or not in a couple hours...[/QUOTE]
Well I'm hearing from pretty much everyone that it is the full game compeltely unlocked EXCEPT @XboxSupport which is constantly saying that it is the full game with only Episode 1 unlocked.

Doesn't affect me though as I still have my Fable II game :D

He might be assuming that it's the episodic download since these claims has happened a couple times before. I'm betting he's dead wrong, time will tell.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Well I'm hearing from pretty much everyone that it is the full game compeltely unlocked EXCEPT @XboxSupport which is constantly saying that it is the full game with only Episode 1 unlocked.

Doesn't affect me though as I still have my Fable II game :D[/QUOTE]

Just tried to download it as a backup and I can't even get it to start. I click on the Download to Xbox 360 button and it starts to bring up the Purchase Confirmation, but then it stops so I can't confirm the purchase. Oh well, like I said I still have my Fable II disc.

Seems the upload to the marketplace was completely screwed up. People who followed the same download link got different results.
-Some got the whole game unlocked for free
-Some got only Episode 1 unlocked.
-Some got nothing but error messages.

Now it's completely taken down.

[quote name='Captain Urahara'][quote name='Kancer']http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307f1&p=1&of=6
Fable 2 is free on xbox marketplace right now.[/QUOTE]
Seems the upload to the marketplace was completely screwed up. People who followed the same download link got different results.
-Some got the whole game unlocked for free
-Some got only Episode 1 unlocked.
-Some got nothing but error messages.

Now it's completely taken down.[/QUOTE]

Nope! Link is still good for me, but the catch is that you must have previously downloaded the "episode 1" package, since they're reusing the GUID's, and the ability to download requires Ep.1 already be in your download history, otherwise you'll get a "not valid for purchase from the web Marketplace" error.

Also note that the GoD version still shows as $19.99, though I think you still need to buy the DLC separately (and if you recall, both were quietly reduced during the "sequel" sale between Oct 3-9). I can guarantee, though, that Lionhead won't take the time to unarchive, make the changes, re-test, and have MS re-certify just to make this 7gb package the "new" episodic version ... so as long as the whole game is there, you just got a $20 game for free for confirming to Peter Molyneaux that episodic games don't sell. :D

OK, in reality, I actually think this will be a --> bonus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='alamak']Interesting theory.

I was happy to get the free download, but the irony is I might still buy it anyway.

I always planned on getting Fable 2 eventually and I think I'd rather buy the Platinum Hits version (with the DLC) on sale ($15 or so) than spend 1360 MSP to get the DLC for my free copy. That way I'd have a physical disc, the DLC and more room on my hard drive for roughly the same cost.[/QUOTE]
Actually, the free Fable II download came with the "See the Future" DLC for me. Not sure if it came with Knothole Island though.

[quote name='Andami']Actually, the free Fable II download came with the "See the Future" DLC for me. Not sure if it came with Knothole Island though.[/QUOTE]

My download didn't have either of the two DLCs.

[quote name='alpha064']My download didn't have either of the two DLCs.[/QUOTE]

Nobody's does. Everyone gets the same file. Even if someone's did come with DLC it would have both, because there is no edition of the game with just See the Future.

The Fable 2 download says it's Platinum Hits, which I think comes with both DLCs, and I also see Murgo at the docks even though I haven't bought any DLC for the game. Is Murgo there if you don't have the DLC?

[quote name='Andami']The Fable 2 download says it's Platinum Hits, which I think comes with both DLCs, and I also see Murgo at the docks even though I haven't bought any DLC for the game. Is Murgo there if you don't have the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I don't understand. Why wouldn't the downloadable version of the Platinum Hits Fable II come with everything the disc version does?

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Yeah, this is what I don't understand. Why wouldn't the downloadable version of the Platinum Hits Fable II come with everything the disc version does?[/QUOTE]
There's also another guy with a submarine-looking thing at the docks. I think that's the Knothole Island DLC, but I don't know. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Yes people, you can get to the docks and see the submarine but upon trying to get on a pop up message will notify you that in order to proceed you need to buy the Premium DLC for each one (submarine & magical box guy Murgo I think his name is). You could reach them before even this happened so it's nothing new. Also, I tried to join a friends session in progress earlier today and got the message stating I couldn't join due to not having both dlc packs so I went and got the 2 Free dlc packs and was finally able to join him. Funny thing is, he was just doing regular quests and he didn't have the dlc himself..weird.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']Looks like M$ caught on and fixed the snafu, it's now just a 2gb download.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. you're right. The title now says Fable II Part 1 (of 5).

So we would be screwed if we delete or re-download the game?

Thank you for this list, I've been checking it more or less every day since I found it. Finally joined here to write and say thanks too.

ok really bad news:
the new xbox.com update affected the marketplace links - probably none of them will work anymore, they have a new structure
and it's now nearly impossible to "guess" marketplace links that lead to exclusive content or content that shouldn't have been released already / was free because microsoft messed up because you need to know the exact name of the dlc and the numbers/letters in the link have a complex structure.

edit: ok apparently some "old" links still work, perhaps xbox.com update hasn't finished. but even if the old links still work it will be hard to find exclusive links in the future :(

Nothing earth-shattering here, but would just like the thread starter to know that the Halo: Reach invasion theme is no longer free. It costs 240 MS points now. :whistle2:(

Good thing I have it already.

B

Edit: Oh, by the way, thanks for this list. I discovered CAG because of it. :whistle2:D

[quote name='Trojann']Anyone know were I can get the New Vegas gamer pics?:D[/QUOTE]
one of the oxm discs have them. check the request a deal section

Damn, they tricked me again, Sorry but Pinball FX2 is just another one of those things like the Game Room & Family Game Night.

[quote name='jdawgg76']According to IGN, available today and free for the first 30 days is the first DLC for the recent Live Arcade Tomb Raider game.[/QUOTE]

I can't find the dlc anywhere????

[quote name='louiedog']It looks like the free Pinball FX table has disappeared with the launch of Pinball FX 2. I hope everyone already got it.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded it, but I couldn't get it to work (it was the Buccaneer table). When I go into FX 2, it is grayed out, and clicking on it brings up the marketplace menu to buy a four-pack of FX 1 tables. Anybody else have any luck?

[quote name='Spydir420']Damn, they tricked me again, Sorry but Pinball FX2 is just another one of those things like the Game Room & Family Game Night.[/QUOTE]
I know right. It's all trial :(

[quote name='fatboyjam']I downloaded it, but I couldn't get it to work (it was the Buccaneer table). When I go into FX 2, it is grayed out, and clicking on it brings up the marketplace menu to buy a four-pack of FX 1 tables. Anybody else have any luck?[/QUOTE]

Same here. People were saying you'd be able to import old tables, but I don't see how.

[quote name='D0RC']Not only the Buccaneer table disappeared, the entire first Pinball FX game is gone off the marketplace, what the.[/QUOTE]

Its under Pinball FX2 - all the way on the bottom of the list.
If you had any tables for Pinball FX1 - they should work for FX2.
If anyone tried this yet - please confirm?

[quote name='sickle']Its under Pinball FX2 - all the way on the bottom of the list.
If you had any tables for Pinball FX1 - they should work for FX2.
If anyone tried this yet - please confirm?[/QUOTE]

Pinball FX is listed, but you can't purchase it. I only have the Buccaneer table and I can't seem to play it in Pinball FX2.

[quote name='helluvagood']one of the oxm discs have them. check the request a deal section[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty certain that New Vegas hasn't had any gamer pics on any of the OXM discs...as far as the one's in the US. They did have Fallout 3 in the past though.

The only New Vegas gamerpic I know of is the one I have on right now, and its from the Walmart Gamecenter pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back