List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this become an OTT Thread???? I get excited to see this pop up thinking that someone has found more free stuff but only to find out the last few post have nothing to do with this thread.

[quote name='GamerChris']So you basically want to do what Nebenator already does on the first post of this thread?[/QUOTE]
Actually, it would automatically and systematically scan for new free content periodically...

The OP here is updated manually, usually after someone makes a post... So, it can lag behind, both as far as getting stuff added or removed.

Personally, I think this thread is great for people just coming onto the scene and I always point them here to get their backlog of free stuff when they first get their console...

That being said, it would be really nice if there was an automatic source, possibly that sent out notifications, when free stuff came and went on the marketplace? Especially for the content that is free by accident, and often fixed by the time people get around to posting.

Not sure if anyone else is going to work on this, but with the slow passing of Club Bing (and thus my ProBing Blog site), and the lack of Cr-48 shipping (and thus my Cr-48 tracker site), I may just have some free time on my hands once I grind my way through the stack of games Santa left me. Perhaps I will take a look at putting together something for this??? I haven't looked into how the new XBL site works, so I don't know how feasible it will actually be.

[quote name='draven1089']When did this become an OTT Thread???? I get excited to see this pop up thinking that someone has found more free stuff but only to find out the last few post have nothing to do with this thread.[/QUOTE]
Same here... And yet be both contributed to the OTT posts... Ugh!

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']It's not XBL Content, for the most part, you can add unlock Premium Theme though.
You can make custom backgrounds and change the base color as well just no FRIEND Icons but 360 defaults.
All you need is a jumpdrive and a PC (windows xp, vista or 7), yall can complain I POSTED THIS but for some
may be very HAPPY!! Plus the EXE dont install on PC so no hassles one deleting if you hate it!!

Modio:
http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game-tuts.com%2Fcommunity%2Fmodio.php&session_token=UszpFPfs0vC7rFKkgNv6dYNK6QF8MTI5NDM1MDg3MQ%3D%3D

Modio Tutorial:
http://youtu.be/Hwy9NewNXe0

The form says FREE stuff for XboX and all this is FREE besides having the jump n pc!
*no mods, just copy n paste, and no BAN from XBL*[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, I've been wanting to have changeable (music/games/setting backgrounds) backgrounds for a while. I have a long list of themes I brought on over to my 360 through my home's networked PC.

[quote name='chipper_95']well i think what makes this different is that you can actually change the 4 different wallpapers using this program whereas if you just use an image as a wallpaper it keeps that same image for all the different sections where the background normally changes. it was like that before the nxe and now its still the same way if you just pick an image as the wallpaper.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can change the 4 wallpapers (dash, game, media, and system) and also the base color bc non-premium themes use nice pictures but the
bottom is sliver and annoying with the modio you can change it between 10 colors I believe. It really is amazing. And sense the NXE you could save
a pic off pc or jump as a wallpaper by pressing "Y" but it was only ONE for all 4 wallpapers. But seriously try it if you hate it don't use it. On modio
also they have unlocked premium themes to load *Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Perfect Dark, and Splosion Man*

Those are here: (just need have winRar or win7 zip reader)
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/101075-13-free-xbox-360-premium-themes/

FYI I agree with all yall I have tried to do this sense 2008 and the Explorer.exe always never worked or buttheads attached viruses to it and
now Modio has software so I got just as excited as yall are so I had to CAGs, because I randomly found it google/youtube searching.

So game on CAGS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a way to get the Fallout 3 DLC for free... If you haven't already played it.

1. Either have the original game disc, or pick one up for cheap.
2. Then stop by Gamestop and buy a used version of the GOTY edition.
3. Take it home and install the DLC from 2nd Disc (GOTY ver.)
4. Return the GOTY edition to Gamestop for full refund (within 7 days of purchase)
5. Original game disc reads the installed DLC as if you downloaded it from marketplace.

[quote name='wxJimG']Here's a way to get the Fallout 3 DLC for free... If you haven't already played it.

1. Either have the original game disc, or pick one up for cheap.
2. Then stop by Gamestop and buy a used version of the GOTY edition.
3. Take it home and install the DLC from 2nd Disc (GOTY ver.)
4. Return the GOTY edition to Gamestop for full refund (within 7 days of purchase)
5. Original game disc reads the installed DLC as if you downloaded it from marketplace.[/QUOTE]

I actually am going to do this now that I have a 250 GB HD... thanks for the reminder!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I actually am going to do this now that I have a 250 GB HD... thanks for the reminder![/QUOTE]

I got the Reach console, bought Fallout 3 again with the intention of buying the DLC, when I went into a Gamestop and ended up buying the GOTY version and was going to trade the original. Then I noticed that the 2nd disc installation works with the original disc. So back to the store I went for the refund.

[quote name='heyitsokayy']I can not find 1 vs 100. is there another title?[/QUOTE]

They canceled 1 vs 100 about a year ago. They started it right after my roommate moved out with his 360 and the last season ended right before I bought one. I'm still kind of bummed about missing it.

Well, the closest thing you're going to get to 1 vs 100 is the new Full House Poker game that will be starting soon. I have heard that they/it/the game will offer prizes like 1 vs 100 but I do not know what they will offer or if it will be similar to the games and MS Points they offered in 1 vs 100.

I enjoyed playing the beta for this game, but i digress. By typing this post I am not offering anything "free" in the marketplace and I should stay on topic.

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']Yes you can change the 4 wallpapers (dash, game, media, and system) and also the base color bc non-premium themes use nice pictures but the
bottom is sliver and annoying with the modio you can change it between 10 colors I believe. It really is amazing. And sense the NXE you could save
a pic off pc or jump as a wallpaper by pressing "Y" but it was only ONE for all 4 wallpapers. But seriously try it if you hate it don't use it. On modio
also they have unlocked premium themes to load *Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Perfect Dark, and Splosion Man*

Those are here: (just need have winRar or win7 zip reader)
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/101075-13-free-xbox-360-premium-themes/

FYI I agree with all yall I have tried to do this sense 2008 and the Explorer.exe always never worked or buttheads attached viruses to it and
now Modio has software so I got just as excited as yall are so I had to CAGs, because I randomly found it google/youtube searching.

So game on CAGS!!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I played around with it, took me a while to figure things out (register on GameTuts/watched a few videos), and created a bunch of themes for my 360 (thankfully the software does most of the work to your USB drive anyway). I just so happened to have a spare 4GB flash drive lying around. Actually half of what I created were the custom backgrounds I already put onto my 360, using backgrounds from my networked PC, but this time I condensed them to one theme each. I have a bunch of wallpapers on my PC but now that google image search lets you search by resolution you can usually definitely find what you need to make a premium theme. It's nice to be able to change the color of the so called sphere. I really missed the customization from the old dashboard and its "blades". Also I noticed you're seeing less and less of your background with each new update to the dashboard. :bomb:

I made custom Ghost in the Shell, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Read Dead Redemption, SSX3, Dirt, Avatar, Megan Fox Transformers, High Res Nature, C&C3 Tiberium Wars, Guild Wars and Borderlands Premium Themes last night. :bouncy:

[quote name='GenPirate']Does Totemball work with the Kinect (camera)?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no. I wish it did. I believe the Kinect sensor would work better than the Vision Cam.

[quote name='heyitsokayy']I can not find 1 vs 100. is there another title?[/QUOTE]

If you meant theme, then you gotta do what I said above it and '08 Holiday Theme are two unlocked Premium themes in that package deal zip.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah I played around with it, took me a while to figure things out (register on GameTuts/watched a few videos),and created a
bunch of themes for my 360........ Also I noticed you're seeing less and less of your background with each new update to the dashboard. [/QUOTE]

You are welcome, it's not my work but I love the people who made it. And yeah less of the background :( and the fact the blades are white!! I miss
the NXE but I do agree the new OS on it runs faster though. *Note* If you mess up a theme and you change it (after the XboX has read it) YOU
have to change the name of the file(by one character in modio) or else the XboX wont read the changes!!!

Is it just me, or has this thread has really gone downhill lately?

Can we please keep the discussion to pointing out new, free Xbox Live marketplace content?

[quote name='fatboyjam']is it just me, or has this thread has really gone downhill lately?

Can we please keep the discussion to pointing out new, free xbox live marketplace content?[/quote]
+1

[quote name='Supreme Entity']Unfortunately no. I wish it did. I believe the Kinect sensor would work better than the Vision Cam.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is going to put the time and effort to make this game compatible with it. It would've been a smart move from MS to update it and promote it with Kinect. They could've even included it in the Kinect bundles and put a big shiny "FREE GAME INCLUDED" sticker on there.

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']You are new and thats already in the post! Release Date was 12/16/2010
*Read Post before posting things!!*[/QUOTE]

Release was less than a month ago, but more importantly it's not in the OP, if you expect anyone new to read 86 pages of a thread to see if a relatively new item has been posted, well you're going to be let down. (the first mention was on page 67 by the way, 20 pages back)

A more appropriate response for a newbie who is trying to contribute, which is something we want to encourage, would be to point out the search function to help avoid re-post in the future. (Although the fact it wasn't ever put in OP means that it was probably lost in the ridiculous amount of off topic post that have filled this thread this last week and seriously need to stop.)

[quote name='GUNNM']Why was his thread deleted?[/QUOTE]
because he stole it from someone else word for word and didnt give him credit for it thats what im thinking

Not really, no. Just type your e-mail in, DON'T check the box, then click "Code anfordern". Code is e-mailed to you within seconds.

Thanks for the free banshee. I tried with 10minute email and never got the message. I tried with disposable email from mailinator.com and I got the code in seconds. No problem redeeming the code online. I will check it out on the xbox later.

Thanks did it with two emails (hotmail and yahoo) to share with a friend. Received and redeemed it in seconds. Awesome find. Oh and good to the thread back on track again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kiekko']Someone wanna hook me up with a code? I tried it with 3 different e-mails and no dice.[/QUOTE]

You check your spam folders?

[quote name='kiekko']Someone wanna hook me up with a code? I tried it with 3 different e-mails and no dice.[/QUOTE]

check your PM

Works fine with gmail. got a bunch of codes im gonna share with some friends since by the time they read their email, it will be gone. I also have 3 extra ones i'll share on here once the link goes dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back