List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stoned99']For those of us who have never tried d/l from different regions, how do you go about doing it ?[/QUOTE]

Create a new xbox account in that region. It can be tricky because of the language issue, but you can use a different browser to go through a US xbox.com account creation at the same time to help figure it out. Then recover the gamertag on the console and download the game.

I need to diversify my accounts. All I got is UK, Japan, China, Mexico, & Germany...besides my real US account that is.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wait...Swarm was free at some point?[/QUOTE]

Yup, for awhile yesterday. Unfortunately it didn't hit CAG for a few hours and then got pulled shortly after.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Wait how are you guys still getting it?[/QUOTE]

By creating a Taiwanese account and using that to purchase it.

[quote name='edoubledeezy']DO you have to put a credit card on all these accounts. and i dont know what each line is since its in Taiwanese.[/QUOTE]

No CC required. If you do it on xbox.com it will prompt you to put payment on file. Click the bottom right button, the one next to the highlighted on, and it will skip that step. Alternatively you can just use the console once you have your gamertag and it won't ask you for payment info.

[quote name='louiedog']No CC required. If you do it on xbox.com it will prompt you to put payment on file. Click the bottom right button, the one next to the highlighted on, and it will skip that step. Alternatively you can just use the console once you have your gamertag and it won't ask you for payment info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i did not know that you could skip the step and when it went t english it said 800 so i went on the console and it said fre and i said YESSSSSSSS :whee:

Woohoo! Got it! Man, so lucky I am on CAG at the right time to find these stuff.

I had to create another account I don't remember if my plant vs zombie account was a Taiwan account.

fucking awesome!!!!..Me and my friends just got this game and my one friend was about to buy it as he got paid today,lol..I love me some cag :D..

Thanks. Got Swarm yesterday and got Ghostbuster today, downloading now. Glad I kept the Taiwanese account I made, which we also got that Plant vs Zombies awhile back. Thanks CAG!

When you make the foreign Xbox Live account can you still play the games on your Main US account or do you always need to log into that foreign Live tag? Just wondering if it is the same as the region hopping on the PS3.

[quote name='Owen']When you make the foreign Xbox Live account can you still play the games on your Main US account or do you always need to log into that foreign Live tag? Just wondering if it is the same as the region hopping on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

you can still play it on your main account

[quote name='Owen']When you make the foreign Xbox Live account can you still play the games on your Main US account or do you always need to log into that foreign Live tag? Just wondering if it is the same as the region hopping on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft ties your games to both your gamertag and one system. The first console you download an item to is licensed to play it. Any gamertag can play the game on that system. You can also play the game on any system if the gamertag that owns it is logged in.

What that means is if you use a foreign account to download it, you can sign back in on that console with your GT and play it just fine. You can't put the game on a usb drive and take it to your friend's house to play it without using the foreign GT.

Keep the account info. If you get a new console you can do a license transfer on the foreign account once a year to assign the game to another machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back