List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='D0RC']Thanks. Going to try if it works with the Kinect camera, I hope.[/QUOTE]
Let us know, wondering too... it never worked right with the old camera.

Guess not:
"Unlike other Xbox Live Vision titles, Totemball is not compatible with the Kinect and can only be played with the original Xbox Live Vision camera. Given the game's delisted status, it is unlikely that the game will be updated to support the Kinect."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TotemBall

Edit: Tested, does not work with Kinect.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UBM14']Guess not:
"Unlike other Xbox Live Vision titles, Totemball is not compatible with the Kinect and can only be played with the original Xbox Live Vision camera. Given the game's delisted status, it is unlikely that the game will be updated to support the Kinect."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TotemBall[/QUOTE]

Considering the wikepedia page describes how it isn't available anymore, and it currently has been made available again, that info may not be up to date. I can't imagine they'd really go through the trouble to go back and update it, but at the same time a free Kinect arcade game would be good promotion.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']YES! I forgot to download this when it was free. Now if I get a vision camera cheap I can play it![/QUOTE]
You're not missing anything, the game is pretty bad. However, free is free.

[quote name='garrett007']You're not missing anything, the game is a steaming turd. However, free is free.[/QUOTE]

Corrected for understatement.

[quote name='Outrun9']TotemBall is back up! (Requires Xbox LIVE Vision Camera)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/TotemBall/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410831[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up the Vision Camera two or three years back when K-Mart had it clearanced for $10... never bothered to dl the game (much like I never bothered to take the Vision Camera out of the packaging, just pulled out the headset and codes for Uno and a month of Gold.)

dont understand y they didnt make it kinect capable, whats the point of bringing it back. they tryna push out kinect units right now so it would make sense to put out a free game to use with kinect to get people intrested in it. juss saying

[quote name='dungonmaster316']dont understand y they didnt make it kinect capable, whats the point of bringing it back. they tryna push out kinect units right now so it would make sense to put out a free game to use with kinect to get people intrested in it. juss saying[/QUOTE]

Maybe they bring it back for people like me !!!

It's very unplayable, I've tried when it first came out to play it in multiple lighting conditions and ways but it never worked right. AT least I was able to squeeze out 20 chevos on it ha...

[quote name='r3dreck']It's very unplayable, I've tried when it first came out to play it in multiple lighting conditions and ways but it never worked right. AT least I was able to squeeze out 20 chevos on it ha...[/QUOTE]

From what I have heard it is a surprisingly great example of how using a camera to essentially mimic poorly what the Kinect can actually do doesn't work well (I'm sure we all read the countless claims that the Kinect didn't do anything you couldn't do with a camera by PS fan boys and people who hate casual gaming). Just kind of interesting to me... wish I had a camera laying around to try the game. lol

Also, did all the vision camera's come with a headset, UNO code and a month of gold or was it only a certain package? My nearest Toys R Us still has like 10 of them in their clearance section, if it comes with all that I may have to actually pay attention when it finally gets cheap enough.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']From what I have heard it is a surprisingly great example of how using a camera to essentially mimic poorly what the Kinect can actually do doesn't work well (I'm sure we all read the countless claims that the Kinect didn't do anything you couldn't do with a camera by PS fan boys and people who hate casual gaming). Just kind of interesting to me... wish I had a camera laying around to try the game. lol

Also, did all the vision camera's come with a headset, UNO code and a month of gold or was it only a certain package? My nearest Toys R Us still has like 10 of them in their clearance section, if it comes with all that I may have to actually pay attention when it finally gets cheap enough.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's a certain bundle. The cameras were packaged individually, and for people who were paying attention, they were also packaged with You're in the Movies, which clearanced at many places for ~$10. I got a few of them during that clearance, and the Vision cameras actually make really good webcams.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm sure that's a certain bundle. The cameras were packaged individually, and for people who were paying attention, they were also packaged with You're in the Movies, which clearanced at many places for ~$10. I got a few of them during that clearance, and the Vision cameras actually make really good webcams.[/QUOTE]

My first vision cam was from the bubble pack (the camera, uno/1month live) i picked it up for like $20 for Rainbowsix Vegas specifically, and then i picked up a couple more of the your in the movie bundles (YITM and Vision Cam) at a later date. Bro's got 1 of the vision cams and i've got one, but they do make fairly decent webcams for sub $10 :)

i didn't keep any of the cams other then those 2, but yeah it was neat for things like Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2 and to be honest, the cams seemed to turn uno into flasho.

Totemball was okay, but hell always made my damn arms hurt. I gave up.

Budz here's a pic of the packaging where u can see that it lists what's inside (it's small writing but it does list what u get)

xblvision1.jpg

Thanks to KJ Auburn (it was in google images, but it's from CAG..)

Thanks to both of you, good to know. Somehow I missed that. Toys R Us has had them for clearance for $30 for roughly a year now... any day now it's sure to drop! lol

Probably would just give the cam to someone I know who needs one.

Now let's stop being off topic.

Free DLC for Xbox 360's Kinect Sports: Season Two
If you own Kinect Sports: Season Two for Xbox 360's Kinect, new DLC was made available today for FREE. It includes:
  • Baseball: Frantic Fielder – Oil up your mitt and get ready for action! “Frantic Fielder” for Baseball gives all new meaning to playing catch. Fielding an endless stream of balls from a lineup of mascots tests everything from hand-eye coordination to speed. The more you catch the harder it gets – three misses and you’re OUT!
  • Darts: Smart Shot – Exercise the brain and throwing arm simultaneously with “Smart Shot” for Darts. If hitting the bulls-eye wasn’t challenge enough, try competing against the clock with mathematical puzzles that require a sharp mind and even sharper aim.
  • Football: Crazy Kicker – As the star kicker in “Crazy Kicker” for Football, you’ll discover the challenge of making a 40-yard field goal with all eyes watching. Account for factors like distance and wind to line up your shot perfectly and score! The crowd and mascots will cheer you on with every amazing goal.
  • Golf: Champion Chip – “Champion Chip” for Golf takes the short game to a new level. Chip shots become increasingly challenging from different surfaces, distances, and with natural obstacles like wind steering the course.
  • Skiing: Cool Ringings – Swoosh down the slopes with a license for speed, dodging mascots and ringing the cowbells for extra points in “Cool Ringings” for Skiing. Five different courses help players build their ski legs just in time for ski season.
  • Tennis: Rapid Returner – Breaking a sweat is easy with “Rapid Returner” for Tennis, where mascots serve up a variety of zingers at increasing speeds to the forehand, backhand, net and baseline. If you’re looking for the ultimate Tennis training game, grab your racquet for and get ready for action.
You can download the DLC here.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']Free DLC for Xbox 360's Kinect Sports: Season Two
If you own Kinect Sports: Season Two for Xbox 360's Kinect, new DLC was made available today for FREE. It includes:
  • Baseball: Frantic Fielder – Oil up your mitt and get ready for action! “Frantic Fielder” for Baseball gives all new meaning to playing catch. Fielding an endless stream of balls from a lineup of mascots tests everything from hand-eye coordination to speed. The more you catch the harder it gets – three misses and you’re OUT!
  • Darts: Smart Shot – Exercise the brain and throwing arm simultaneously with “Smart Shot” for Darts. If hitting the bulls-eye wasn’t challenge enough, try competing against the clock with mathematical puzzles that require a sharp mind and even sharper aim.
  • Football: Crazy Kicker – As the star kicker in “Crazy Kicker” for Football, you’ll discover the challenge of making a 40-yard field goal with all eyes watching. Account for factors like distance and wind to line up your shot perfectly and score! The crowd and mascots will cheer you on with every amazing goal.
  • Golf: Champion Chip – “Champion Chip” for Golf takes the short game to a new level. Chip shots become increasingly challenging from different surfaces, distances, and with natural obstacles like wind steering the course.
  • Skiing: Cool Ringings – Swoosh down the slopes with a license for speed, dodging mascots and ringing the cowbells for extra points in “Cool Ringings” for Skiing. Five different courses help players build their ski legs just in time for ski season.
  • Tennis: Rapid Returner – Breaking a sweat is easy with “Rapid Returner” for Tennis, where mascots serve up a variety of zingers at increasing speeds to the forehand, backhand, net and baseline. If you’re looking for the ultimate Tennis training game, grab your racquet for and get ready for action.
You can download the DLC here.[/QUOTE]

thanks. Now seems to work. by the way thanks for the FULL INFO part too :applause: :bouncy:

[quote name='r3dreck']It's very unplayable, I've tried when it first came out to play it in multiple lighting conditions and ways but it never worked right. AT least I was able to squeeze out 20 chevos on it ha...[/QUOTE]

When Kinect first released, I was actually hoping it would make Totemball playable. Too bad. :roll:

i cant find the uk winter x tival theme, is it still available?

and also the 1 vs 100 premium theme is still up on a uk gamertag if anyone cares

cant find it on xbox.com but found it on my xbox in the marketplace under 0-9

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']i cant find the uk winter x tival theme, is it still available?

and also the 1 vs 100 premium theme is still up on a uk gamertag if anyone cares[/QUOTE]

care to post the 1 vs 100 link? i can only find a video :cry:

I just got my Xbox 360, can someone tell me what section theme's are in, because I can't seem to find it.

I am in the USA

Also I need instructions on how to get that 1 vs 100 theme, as I can't find anything for that game right now. Thanks.

[quote name='SaraAB']I just got my Xbox 360, can someone tell me what section theme's are in, because I can't seem to find it.

I am in the USA

Also I need instructions on how to get that 1 vs 100 theme, as I can't find anything for that game right now. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

on your xbox go to game marketplace now look past letters a-z and in 0-9 you should find 1 vs 100 go to theme and download- check the rest of the thread for other premium themes and free games etc

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']on your xbox go to game marketplace now look past letters a-z and in 0-9 you should find 1 vs 100 go to theme and download- check the rest of the thread for other premium themes and free games etc[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't find it, but then realized I was looking in the games search and not the themes itself.

Found everything, but it is kind of hidden in there so you have to dig for a while. There are some free gamerpics and themes on the dash right now that I didn't have yet and I have everything listed in this whole thread, so that is worth checking out if you haven't already. There is also a thanksgiving instant win contest in there somewhere. I love contests so this is right up my alley.

can someone please explain me how to activate a second gold month in my xbox ?!? my console has almost one year. I activate one GOLD free month of the three that every console has (1 own the Slim version 360 console) and now i want to activate for my girlfriend acount but i don´t know how. Thanks in advance

EDITED: it only works for profiles fresh created in the console or for one that already exists but never had the free gold on the console i own ?

[quote name='Warrio_r']can someone please explain me how to activate a second gold month in my xbox ?!? my console has almost one year. I activate one GOLD free month of the three that every console has (1 own the Slim version 360 console) and now i want to activate for my girlfriend acount but i don´t know how. Thanks in advance

EDITED: it only works for profiles fresh created in the console or for one that already exists but never had the free gold on the console i own ?[/QUOTE]
New profiles only.

[quote name='BlazeP']New profiles only.[/QUOTE]

thanks , my girlfriend wanted ms splosion man for 400 ms points ( gold only promotion) and to play live but it seems i can´t helper. Thanks anyway for the help and for explain that matter ;)

[quote name='SaraAB']Found everything, but it is kind of hidden in there so you have to dig for a while. There are some free gamerpics and themes on the dash right now that I didn't have yet and I have everything listed in this whole thread, so that is worth checking out if you haven't already. There is also a thanksgiving instant win contest in there somewhere. I love contests so this is right up my alley.[/QUOTE]

Could you specify what all's hidden and where? I searched through the dashboard but didn't find anything but the Anniversary Avatar item.

The thing that I thought was hidden was the Themes and Gamerpic section but I found it eventually.

You have to go to the promos page or "inside xbox", the Red Kia banner is the one with the contest. There are also things you can download from that banner and some others on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back