List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Khalid']Yes thanks guys! Got Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale for my Taiwanese account that I made for ghostbuster.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']is there a way to play it on your real account?[/QUOTE]
Yes, download it on the Asian account, then you can play with all other profiles on that console. Since it was purchased on that console

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']is there a way to play it on your real account?[/QUOTE]

When you download a game on your 360, all profiles have access to the game, despite whichever profile downloaded it.

So, yes.

Just remember to kept the login somewhere for the game in case you ever need to transfer licenses. When I got a new xbox I couldn't play ghostbusters with my main tag and I had to search all over for my taiwan tag so I could get it back.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Nice, just grabbed Daggerdale as well. I had originally made a Taiwan account way back for Plants Vs. Zombies but I couldn't remember that for the life of me so I made a much easier to remember one this time around (plus I'll just keep it on my console this time).

For those of you confused what to do, first go to hotmail and make an account with the right country (taiwan). Use Taipei City and 10603 for the postal code when signing up for anything and just make up the rest (I think my street was 55783 Ping, for example). Next, go to Xbox.com and sign in with the new hotmail email and set up a taiwan account. Same thing with the location info. From there, simply go to and purchase the daggerdale game for free. I recommend google chrome as you can use it to translate everything and make it easier. After that, just download the account to your Xbox and then download the game. Done.

FYI, it still works. Downloading right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the instructions! Still working Saturday am.
:whee:

You probably did what I did on the first try at account creation. You have to have the page translated because it defaults to what ever country you're in and you have to choose TW again when you are creating the account. I used google chrome and it made it so much easier to me and both of my friends to create accounts.

[quote name='cottonmouth80']You probably did what I did on the first try at account creation. You have to have the page translated because it defaults to what ever country you're in and you have to choose TW again when you are creating the account. I used google chrome and it made it so much easier to me and both of my friends to create accounts.[/QUOTE]

thanks i got it now.

Hmm.. So I went to DL Daggerdale on xbolive.com and it's showing up 1200msp.

So then I got on my xbox to DL it and on there it's only showing that the trial version is avaliable.

Anybody know what's up with that?

Edit: And yes I have a Taiwan account.

Edit # Dos: So now it's showing that it's not avaliable to DL the full game or trial version on the site or xbox. Now I can only rate it.

So my guess is that they've fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of download, its taking quite a while, funny part was, about 20minutes ago i got booted from XBL using my Taiwan account, just lost XBL connection...so perhaps it was the fix being implimented.

Also in regards to anyone wanting to transfer Ghostbuster:SOS - i tried today, can't do it, get marketplace error, so it seems they pulled it from Taiwan marketplace or put IP check in place (to ensure region)

Free Xbox 360 Avatar Prop from Toyota
Text TOYOTA YARIS to 32774 to get your free prop!

Unfortunately I don't have texting on my phone so I cannot get this prop:cry:. If anyone wants to hold pity on me and PM me a code I would appreciate it, but wanted to share with everyone either way.

Chris

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']got DD also. cant seem to find ghostbusters sanctum of slime, i think they took it down[/QUOTE]

Ghostbusters was free many many months ago not now.

You can download the trial of DandD on us account then just recover the taiwan one and it makes it full game without redownloading so you don't have to sit on it all that time. I just did it like 5 minutes ago at a friends xbox for him and it still worked for him.

Don't know if this counts but Halo Waypoint (I'm not much of a Halo fan) was just released by MS on the android and iOS marketplaces.

Hey Guys i need some help. I got a taiwan account now and have it downloading to the profile. How do I switch it to my real account now?

Is it 1.69 GBs for the full game?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Hey Guys i need some help. I got a taiwan account now and have it downloading to the profile. How do I switch it to my real account now?

Is it 1.69 GBs for the full game?[/QUOTE]

just push the guie button on your controller after its done downloading and sign out. then sign in your main profile. and yes thats the game.

You can download the trial on your US account. Then when you recover they taiwan tag it updates it to full game. Be useful if you have a slow connection and want to play a single player game or do something with your xbox that doesn't stop the download.

I just helped a friend do it and he had the trial still on his xbox and when we recovered the taiwan tag it made it full game within like 5 seconds.

so interesting tidbit............

once you download the game and switch to your main account. you can give your taiwan account info to another person and he can download the stuff too and the game will still be the full version on your system as long as you dont delete the taiwan account. its working for my friend anyways. i just gave him my taiwan account info. he was able to download Ghostbusters and Dungeons and Dragons.

edit...nvm he couldnt get Ghostbusters...was still able to get D and D though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']so interesting tidbit............

once you download the game and switch to your main account. you can give your taiwan account info to another person and he can download the stuff too and the game will still be the full version on your system as long as you dont delete the taiwan account. its working for my friend anyways. i just gave him my taiwan account info. he was able to download Ghostbusters and Dungeons and Dragons.

edit...nvm he couldnt get Ghostbusters...was still able to get D and D though.[/QUOTE]

...interesting tidbit, this is how all xbl content works. Basically when you buy a game its tied to the console and account. Tied to the console means the content can be used on any account on that console always. Tied to the account means that as long as that account is signed into xbox live, it can also use the content on any xbox.

So ya, this is nothing new at all.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']Free Xbox 360 Avatar Prop from Toyota

Unfortunately I don't have texting on my phone so I cannot get this prop:cry:. If anyone wants to hold pity on me and PM me a code I would appreciate it, but wanted to share with everyone either way.

Chris[/QUOTE]

FYI You can text through google voice now.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Sweet, just got one. It is one code per phone. Did somebody send you a code Chris?

Chris[/QUOTE]

Awesome work Chris! If the Gooseler doesn't give you a code, I can probably get you one. Heck, you deserve two, just for bringing us this info. lol

[quote name='Seaworthyset']Can anybody give me an link or some guide thingy to get a foreign email adress and make it into a xbox acc ?[/QUOTE]

Here's a good guide. Just substitute with Taiwanese information for address, phone number etc.

[quote name='DragonQuestLord']Awesome work Chris! If the Gooseler doesn't give you a code, I can probably get you one. Heck, you deserve two, just for bringing us this info. lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='the Gooseler']Sweet, just got one. It is one code per phone. Did somebody send you a code Chris?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking out for me guys! I didn't get a code yet. I definitely would love a code as I am a junkie for free avatar items. I understand that this is one per phone though so I appreciate the thought and am glad I could at least contribute a freebie even if I couldn't make use of it.

Chris

[quote name='TheCarsForever']Thanks for looking out for me guys! I didn't get a code yet. I definitely would love a code as I am a junkie for free avatar items. I understand that this is one per phone though so I appreciate the thought and am glad I could at least contribute a freebie even if I couldn't make use of it.

Chris[/QUOTE]

PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back