List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='D0RC']Thanks. Just to clarify. If you're a Silver member, you download this demo, then you'll get a month of Gold free? That starts 2/17? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, you'll only have access to the multiplayer mode from the Mass Effect 3 demo as a Silver member.

[quote name='Doctor Who']No, you'll only have access to the multiplayer mode from the Mass Effect 3 demo as a Silver member.[/QUOTE]
Been reading this over and over trying to figure it out... I have gold anyhow but...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/03/mass-effect-3-xbox-live-demo-temporarily-bumps-silver-subs-to-go/

Mass Effect 3 Xbox Live demo temporarily bumps Silver subs to Gold
by David Hinkle on Feb 3rd 2012 9:30AM

If you're a Silver subscriber on Xbox Live, downloading the Mass Effect 3 demo will allow you to cease being that one weirdo in your group who can't ever play with his friends online because he's a cheapskate. Upon downloading the demo, all Silver members will be automatically bumped up to Gold level until Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6.

The demo will be available on February 14 not only for Xbox 360 users, but also PC and PS3. Players will get a taste of the multiplayer component and sample the Reaper attack on Earth that opens the game.

Thanks for the info. I have an extra Silver account with points accumulated because of Xbox Rewards. Hopefully this Gold will also let you take advantage of the Gold exclusive deals. I can finally use those survey points with that account.

[quote name='r3dreck']Been reading this over and over trying to figure it out... I have gold anyhow but...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/03/mass-effect-3-xbox-live-demo-temporarily-bumps-silver-subs-to-go/

Mass Effect 3 Xbox Live demo temporarily bumps Silver subs to Gold
by David Hinkle on Feb 3rd 2012 9:30AM

If you're a Silver subscriber on Xbox Live, downloading the Mass Effect 3 demo will allow you to cease being that one weirdo in your group who can't ever play with his friends online because he's a cheapskate. Upon downloading the demo, all Silver members will be automatically bumped up to Gold level until Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6.

The demo will be available on February 14 not only for Xbox 360 users, but also PC and PS3. Players will get a taste of the multiplayer component and sample the Reaper attack on Earth that opens the game.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up. The demo GOLD is for Mass Effect 3, just how Mortal Combat has a online pass. Any GOLD features (deals, tweeter or netflix) for silver(free) XBL account are still not usable :(

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']Just a heads up. The demo GOLD is for Mass Effect 3, just how Mortal Combat has a online pass. Any GOLD features (deals, tweeter or netflix) for silver(free) XBL account are still not usable :([/QUOTE]
So you won't even be able to play online in other games?

[quote name='draven1089']Really? Why are people posting about demos even if it does have free gold access for the demo only.[/QUOTE]

I think the question is if it gives you gold for a month regardless of the game your playing... that would be considered free content. Just saying.

[quote name='draven1089']Really? Why are people posting about demos even if it does have free gold access for the demo only.[/QUOTE]
A) If you play it you get FREE Kingdoms of Amalur items
B) You get FREE fucking gold if you play it.

[quote name='r3dreck']I think the question is if it gives you gold for a month regardless of the game your playing... that would be considered free content. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

My understand is that you'll only have gold access for the demo only everything will still be off limits. Some one with silver download and confirm.

Free Rhythm Party (Xbox Live Arcade Kinect) DLC:

Master Level Pack

This Master Level Pack adds new master level songs to the game.

Free Choplifter HD (Xbox Live Arcade) DLC:

Ostrich Chopper

A specialized rotor-tilting helicopter with fast top speed and large carrying capacity, the Ostrich is great for grabbing large groups of rescues in one go!

[quote name='draven1089']My understand is that you'll only have gold access for the demo only everything will still be off limits. Some one with silver download and confirm.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. I downloaded the demo on my silver account and I could only access the demos multiplayer and not any other games multiplayer over Live.

The Joystiq article is misleading in its vagueness.

False advertising IMO, almost every site said that you will have free gold access until March 5th or whenever. I have silver access and DID NOT get free gold access to anything but the Mass effect multiplayer demo. Which is how it should have been really, but I blame it on all the sites that were advertising that it will be totally free gold access for everyone. I refuse to pay Microsoft for a service that should be free (and a service that I would hardly use anyways), that money could be going towards something else.

"If you're a Silver subscriber on Xbox Live, downloading the Mass Effect 3 demo will allow you to cease being that one weirdo in your group who can't ever play with his friends online because he's a cheapskate. Upon downloading the demo, all Silver members will be automatically bumped up to Gold level until Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...o-includes-limited-xbox-live-gold-access.aspx

"The demo includes both single-player and multiplayer portions. Microsoft said it will give everyone playing the demo Gold access "for the time leading to launch." This also includes other perks like multiplayer gaming, Netflix, ESPN, Hulu Plus and more. Mass Effect 3 releases on March 6."

Please tell me how this isn't saying xbox live free members will get gold access with the other perks included until March 6th.

Yeah...they really made it look like we'd be able to play online for other games. I really wanted to play some Halo online but now it turns out that I can't.

They should give us free live for misleading us >_>

[quote name='drStaton']i downloaded the free
UFC® 3 Contenders Pack (Compatibility Pack)

i started playing and noticed all four of the fighters from the contenders pack in my roster and available to use, i thought this pack was just a compatibility pack so i could play with others online but i have been using them without having the actual dlc. anyone else?[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='SaraAB']False advertising IMO, almost every site said that you will have free gold access until March 5th or whenever. I have silver access and DID NOT get free gold access to anything but the Mass effect multiplayer demo. Which is how it should have been really, but I blame it on all the sites that were advertising that it will be totally free gold access for everyone. I refuse to pay Microsoft for a service that should be free (and a service that I would hardly use anyways), that money could be going towards something else.

"If you're a Silver subscriber on Xbox Live, downloading the Mass Effect 3 demo will allow you to cease being that one weirdo in your group who can't ever play with his friends online because he's a cheapskate. Upon downloading the demo, all Silver members will be automatically bumped up to Gold level until Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...o-includes-limited-xbox-live-gold-access.aspx

"The demo includes both single-player and multiplayer portions. Microsoft said it will give everyone playing the demo Gold access "for the time leading to launch." This also includes other perks like multiplayer gaming, Netflix, ESPN, Hulu Plus and more. Mass Effect 3 releases on March 6."

Please tell me how this isn't saying xbox live free members will get gold access with the other perks included until March 6th.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the original source for those articles from the guy at Bioware, it looks like a case of a poorly worded press release from Microsoft and some poor journalism at those gaming news websites, rather than false advertising IMO.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the free Choplifter DLC, Hawaiian.

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']red bull has free themes and gamerpics thru an ad via dashboard[/QUOTE]

Not seeing it, is this in US? I have another Veloster ad

Edit-Found through searching, thanks!

[quote name='GunstarRed']Kinect Fun Labs: Junk Fu is now available in the US for free via the dashboard.

"Game" is total garbage in both name and playability.[/QUOTE]

Nice, download also works for other regions apart from US too

[quote name='GunstarRed']Kinect Fun Labs: Junk Fu is now available in the US for free via the dashboard.

"Game" is total garbage in both name and playability.[/QUOTE]Don't you mean total JUNK?

It seems there's 2 free UFC 3 packs that were released about a week ago (didn't see any posts on it). Rivals Pack & Submissions Pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jlazenby1']Not seeing it, is this in US? I have another Veloster ad

Edit-Found through searching, thanks![/QUOTE]

Im in Canada and its on the dashboard home ad, you have to watch 24 videos but you can just start them and back out and it works.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Green lantern pics and theme are now out. Not the movie one, but one from a new cartoon.[/QUOTE]
There's a new Green Lantern cartoon? o_O

EDIT: Ooooh, okay, that one. I must've forgot.

EDIT: The majority of those gamerpics are absolute shit, but there's one that's really nice. It's just a simple Green Lantern logo. There's also a Cartoon Network and the new DC logos in there. I'll be using the Green Lantern logo for quite a while.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Green lantern pics and theme are now out. Not the movie one, but one from a new cartoon.[/QUOTE]

Nice, is there a link to it? :D

There is supposed to be free DLC out for Gotham City Impostors today.

· Matchmaking Fixes: Numerous additional fixes to matchmaking have been made, including join-in-progress functionality!

· New Maps, Weapons, Gadgets and More: The 25th Floor map, the Kingmaker and Falcon Blade weapons, the Toxic Gas Support Item, and a new Fun Fact are all available right now!

· New Costume Choices: Dress up your Impostor like a lunchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!

I didn't see it listed on xbox.com so it's either not up yet or maybe available in game as a title update since it seems to include fixes.

[quote name='louiedog']There is supposed to be free DLC out for Gotham City Impostors today.

· Matchmaking Fixes: Numerous additional fixes to matchmaking have been made, including join-in-progress functionality!

· New Maps, Weapons, Gadgets and More: The 25th Floor map, the Kingmaker and Falcon Blade weapons, the Toxic Gas Support Item, and a new Fun Fact are all available right now!

· New Costume Choices: Dress up your Impostor like a lunchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!

I didn't see it listed on xbox.com so it's either not up yet or maybe available in game as a title update since it seems to include fixes.[/QUOTE]

I believe that was announced as a mid-March update. I never read anything about it being released in February...

However, I may be wrong. Just thought I'd add that, though.

Link?

I can't seem to find it in the marketplace.

[quote name='r3dreck']I get:
This offer is not valid in your region.[/QUOTE]

I get the same error. This is the second time as the Hunger Games ones also had this error.

[quote name='r3dreck']I get:
This offer is not valid in your region.[/QUOTE]

this is not valid in any region by the way, but thanks anyway. I tried in US acount, UK acount, Portuguese acount.
Can´t find it in Xbox dashboard on US or UK acounts Either. What the heck !

When I used xbox.com I got the same error you guys did. But when I downloaded it off the dashboard, it worked. Try doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back