List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shinn']im sure you have to individually buy them though jlazenby1[/QUOTE]

Yep, youre right, I shoulda played before posting lol Thanks

[quote name='MrPiggles']I got sent a code from the JP promotion, and I redeemed it on xbox.com and downloaded the games onto my Xbox without a hitch, and I'm in the US[/QUOTE]

Same here. Signed up with my Japanese account and entered the code into my real account no problem. Glad i didn't use up the Maw code from the Buy.com promo :D

Also thanks for the ME3 multiplayer pack and the windows contest.

[quote name='vacuuum']Check your email for Hyundai Veloster Male/Female Avatar T-Shirt[/QUOTE]

yay got mine :bouncy: but i already have it so ill prob drop it soon

[quote name='the Gooseler']Same here. Signed up with my Japanese account and entered the code into my real account no problem. Glad i didn't use up the Maw code from the Buy.com promo :D

Also thanks for the ME3 multiplayer pack and the windows contest.[/QUOTE]

I had no problems with it either....too bad I already own the Maw though :p Such is life.

[quote name='livelustkill']i made a jap account and its just bringing up some odd page can someone help[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the free games from a jap account, that ended a long time ago. If you are talking about the free 48 hour and monster hunter, then it seems that well has dried up.

[quote name='genkikani']I had no problems with it either....too bad I already own the Maw though :p Such is life.[/QUOTE]

I would gladly accept the Maw if you've no use for it... Seems like an interesting game ;)

[quote name='jlazenby1']Im sure its old news but theres Game Room and a ton of game packs for free, has old atari games and more[/QUOTE]

verrrry old news. And the games are only trials until you buy them.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']verrrry old news. And the games are only trials until you buy them.[/QUOTE]

you can sneak a few achievements out of it without buying any games though.

[quote name='vacuuum']I would gladly accept the Maw if you've no use for it... Seems like an interesting game ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm probably just gonna pass it on to a friend...unless I had a good trade offer.

just wondering, what is the monster hunter code? I really want to know, but can't get the billing info right (my Japanese is really rusty and I don't have a computer to translate it on, watashi wa baka desu :whistle2:/)

[quote name='hellspawnuchiha']just wondering, what is the monster hunter code? I really want to know, but can't get the billing info right (my Japanese is really rusty and I don't have a computer to translate it on, watashi wa baka desu :whistle2:/)[/QUOTE]

I just got it yesterday, but the code will not work on an NTSC console, so unless you have a Japanese Console, I wouldn't bother.

[quote name='hellspawnuchiha']just wondering, what is the monster hunter code? I really want to know, but can't get the billing info right (my Japanese is really rusty and I don't have a computer to translate it on, watashi wa baka desu :whistle2:/)[/QUOTE]
Best thing to do would be to use google chrome to translate and then look up a japanese business address and cross reference with the japanese postal wiki, the only problem with the Monster hunter is that apparently it's in japanese, so if you do get it, it'll be quite tricky to play

[quote name='benjam138']I just got it yesterday, but the code will not work on an NTSC console, so unless you have a Japanese Console, I wouldn't bother.[/QUOTE]
You can just redeem the code on your browser on the computer and then just go to download history on the Xbox to download it. Picture related. Unless you mean you can't play it of course, then that's a whole other ballgame.

[quote name='Hawaiian']Green Day Export Pack Collectors Edition

Build your Rock Band library by copying these tracks from Green Day: Rock Band. Compatible with Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz.[/QUOTE]

I got the "This item is not available for purchase from this device" message when I tried this through XBOX.com. I tried to find it on the XBOX directly but couldn't find it in the games marketplace or when I searched on green day. I don't have GD:RB but have RB3 - maybe it only works it you have GD:RB? It sounds like the function that usually costs points to migrate tracks from one edition of Rock Band to another and maybe they have made the Green Day tracks free to import into RB3 or RBB instead of charging a fee. It would be nice to see if anyone with GD:RB is able to export their tracks to RB3 or RBB for free now - might get me to pick up a copy of GD:RB!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='soliunasm']You can just redeem the code on your browser on the computer and then just go to download history on the Xbox to download it. Picture related. Unless you mean you can't play it of course, then that's a whole other ballgame.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... I hadn't considered trying that. Let me give it a try. :D

Edit: It still didn't work for me. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jamessuperfun']
Yeah, OK. But I still think The Maw for free with a UK account is worth it, hell yeah. And to the above who said it was with an upgrade to gold, this account was purely silver. Anyway, that was ages ago, and I just hope newbies posts arn't ignored. And to the dude who asked for a link - I THINK - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8355249#post8355249. Anyway, cheers, and please listen.

-James out[/QUOTE]

Don't think the maw is free with UK account now as the original post was september 2011.

[quote name='soliunasm']You can just redeem the code on your browser on the computer and then just go to download history on the Xbox to download it. Picture related. Unless you mean you can't play it of course, then that's a whole other ballgame.[/QUOTE]

That would work if they aren't region blocking it - I couldn't get the Gears 3 demo with a code through this method because they blocked japan IPs... you might be able to start a region blocked item with a browser code claim, but it will ultimately fail to download (probably around 98~99%). You _can_ proxy your xbox on the last 2% of the download to a supported region, but it's probably not worth the effort. :/

[quote name='RonfarX']That would work if they aren't region blocking it - I couldn't get the Gears 3 demo with a code through this method because they blocked japan IPs... you might be able to start a region blocked item with a browser code claim, but it will ultimately fail to download (probably around 98~99%). You _can_ proxy your xbox on the last 2% of the download to a supported region, but it's probably not worth the effort. :/[/QUOTE]
Alas, you are correct. You can download it fully, but when you try booting up the game it tells you the disc region is incorrect and won't let you play. My bad.

Entertainment Apps will be free to all users, no Gold required, from April 19-23.

In the US they are:
• CinemaNow
• Crackle
• Dailymotion
• EPIX
• ESPN
• HBO GO
• Hulu Plus
• iHeartRadio
• Last.fm
• MSN
• Netflix
• Syfy
• TMZ
• TODAY
• UFC
• Verizon
• VEVO
• Vudu
• Xfinity TV on Demand
• YouTube

Go to http://www.xbox.com/EntertainmentUnlocked for other countries.

Hulu Plus, Netflix, and EPIX will be offering free trials to new users during this period.

[quote name='Hawaiian']Green Day Export Pack Collectors Edition

Build your Rock Band library by copying these tracks from Green Day: Rock Band. Compatible with Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz.[/QUOTE]

Seems like your history is checked for GD:RB. Has anyone who hasn't played that game been able to download this? I'd love to find a work-around.

[quote name='louiedog']Entertainment Apps will be free to all users, no Gold required, from April 19-23.

In the US they are:
• CinemaNow
• Crackle
• Dailymotion
• EPIX
• ESPN
• HBO GO
• Hulu Plus
• iHeartRadio
• Last.fm
• MSN
• Netflix
• Syfy
• TMZ
• TODAY
• UFC
• Verizon
• VEVO
• Vudu
• Xfinity TV on Demand
• YouTube

Go to http://www.xbox.com/EntertainmentUnlocked for other countries.

Hulu Plus, Netflix, and EPIX will be offering free trials to new users during this period.[/QUOTE]

Would this then entitle Silver Users to get in on the Triple Play 300MSP reward? Providing they just pay 800MSP for something (as they cant play online multiplayer) Youtube becomes free too, so the 1 hour is possible.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']Would this then entitle Silver Users to get in on the Triple Play 300MSP reward? Providing they just pay 800MSP for something (as they cant play online multiplayer) Youtube becomes free too, so the 1 hour is possible.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. Doesn't the promotion state it's for Gold? Too lazy to look.

[quote name='HydroX']Probably not. Doesn't the promotion state it's for Gold? Too lazy to look.[/QUOTE]

I checked the rules and didn't see any requirement that you need Xbox Live Gold.

In order to perform some of these tasks you did need Gold. Since the entertainment apps will be open to all users this weekend it should allow everyone (in the US) to participate in this offer.

http://rewards.xbox.com/triple-play/terms-and-conditions/

[quote name='CodeTrader']I checked the rules and didn't see any requirement that you need Xbox Live Gold.

In order to perform some of these tasks you did need Gold. Since the entertainment apps will be open to all users this weekend it should allow everyone (in the US) to participate in this offer.

http://rewards.xbox.com/triple-play/terms-and-conditions/[/QUOTE]

I'll have to agree, it seems Silver accts may be eligible. It's not a VIP offer for Gold only members and once a Silver acct has access to the apps then they can meet each requirement; Silver accts are eligible to 'Particitpate in Exclusive Promotions' (their words). If I were only a Silver member and didn't receive reward points for this promotion then I would email them and complain.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']Would this then entitle Silver Users to get in on the Triple Play 300MSP reward? Providing they just pay 800MSP for something (as they cant play online multiplayer) Youtube becomes free too, so the 1 hour is possible.[/QUOTE]

You can also play a kinect game for two hours, Kinect Fun Labs should work. You also need 10 hours of using a video app, and 1 hour of using a social app, youtube counts as both.

[quote name='Tony Stark']how do you get Vudu for free?

its already free, you just pay per movie/tv show you want[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Vudu is a pay per movie/tv show type service, but I in order to view movies you need Gold.

http://supports.vudu.com/questions/1021/What+do+I+need+to+do+to+get+VUDU+on+my+XBOX+360%3F

Please note that in order to view movies on the VUDU service, an XBOX Live Gold membership is required. XBOX Live Silver members can enjoy trailers, but a Gold membership is required to rent or purchase movies on VUDU.
Vudu does offer a free $4.99 credit for first time users.

http://www.vudu.com/setup_xbox.html

Everyone can participate but the "Social" requirements to get the triple play requires you to be gold, since Twitter, Facebook and Video Kinect are exclusive to gold users (no gold trial membership)

[quote name='PottyPops']I'll have to agree, it seems Silver accts may be eligible. It's not a VIP offer for Gold only members and once a Silver acct has access to the apps then they can meet each requirement; Silver accts are eligible to 'Particitpate in Exclusive Promotions' (their words). If I were only a Silver member and didn't receive reward points for this promotion then I would email them and complain.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vacuuum']Everyone can participate but the "Social" requirements to get the triple play requires you to be gold, since Twitter, Facebook and Video Kinect are exclusive to gold users (no gold trial membership)[/QUOTE]

Youtube is also an acceptable app, so 1hr of youtube would meet that requirement.

True Achievements are currently offering a BETA key for Ghost Recon. Just to here, disable Adblock, and hover over the banner at the top.

Can someone please tell me how I get a free trial for Hulu Plus through Xbox WITHOUT putting in a credit card number.

I am not in the habit of giving out credit card information to services like this since you never know what will happen.

Also, a free trial is not free if you have to give your credit card so they can automatically charge you after a week and make you jump through hoops to cancel.

[quote name='SaraAB']Can someone please tell me how I get a free trial for Hulu Plus through Xbox WITHOUT putting in a credit card number.

I am not in the habit of giving out credit card information to services like this since you never know what will happen.

Also, a free trial is not free if you have to give your credit card so they can automatically charge you after a week and make you jump through hoops to cancel.[/QUOTE]

There are almost no services like Hulu, Netflix, etc., that aren't going to require a credit card at sign up. It's very easy to cancel with Hulu (they tell you what day you will be billed and you just have to cancel before then) and if you miss it and cancel on the first day they pro-rate what you have left as a refund (I found this out when I did actually purchase Hulu Plus for a month and then cancelled it a couple days early just to make sure I didn't forget and they refunded me a couple of bucks for really just a couple of days.)

[quote name='SaraAB']Can someone please tell me how I get a free trial for Hulu Plus through Xbox WITHOUT putting in a credit card number.

Also, a free trial is not free if you have to give your credit card so they can automatically charge you after a week and make you jump through hoops to cancel.[/QUOTE]

Hulu Plus normally only offers 1 week for free, but if you sign-up via certain links you can get 1-month for free.

Use this link for 1-month free: https://secure.hulu.com/plus/xboxlive

It's a pay service, so just like other free trials offers (Netflix, Gamefly, etc.) it requires a credit card to sign-up. It's very easy to cancel on their website. Set yourself a reminder to cancel a day before it renews and you won't have to worry about being charged.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Comes up as 190 MSP for me.[/QUOTE]

I guess it was only free yesterday.

Today the free show is Hey Arnold! Season 2 - False Alarm/World Records.

In the Zune Marketplace there is an ad that says free episode every day for "The 90's Are All That". Looks like there will be new Nickelodeon shows each day and will be free for one day only.

If you miss this one, check back tomorrow and I'll post the next free episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back