List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Razorleaf']thats not free. its free 2 play...[/QUOTE]

Nope, it will be fully free. You can complete the whole game without paying anything (like Harms Ways), according to Microsoft. However, you do need a gold live account. There will also be some extra optional DLCs (for a price).

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']@ michaelh how did u manage to play it already? i went to XBL and i dont see the option to DL the game[/QUOTE]

beta testing. we got it like a month and a half ago in beta form

[quote name='Jlee15243']beta testing. we got it like a month and a half ago in beta form[/QUOTE]

Yep people in the beta dashboard can download it and looks like the whole game is available now and the achievements/avatar awards works. :)

[quote name='TheAJS']Or just download the demo file, drop it into Horizon on your USB, put your USB into your Xbox, load the demo with all your account (any region) get the code, put it into Xbox.com, and get a free 15 day gold trial :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Can any region play the demo? Or only JP?

I'm more interested in Monster Hunter than free Live, lol.

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']@ michaelh how did u manage to play it already? i went to XBL and i dont see the option to DL the game[/QUOTE]you need to be doing the dashboard preview your not missing much

[quote name='Takusho']
Can any region play the demo? Or only JP?

I'm more interested in Monster Hunter than free Live, lol.

[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure for demo JP only

My XBOX Gold subscription is getting close to expiring. Anyone have some good freebies to extend it? I won't argue with pointers to cheap deals, but free is always best (and in line with this thread). TIA!

[quote name='TheCarsForever']My XBOX Gold subscription is getting close to expiring. Anyone have some good freebies to extend it? I won't argue with pointers to cheap deals, but free is always best (and in line with this thread). TIA![/QUOTE]

you can get free 48h from Monster Hunter. but i would like to do it with firefox and not on my console :S i just cannot find the second button.

I got the surfboard from the Chasing Mavericks ad. I had to use the 18-year old profile that I created to get the Skittles prop to get the ad to appear.

Also, my wife got the Slim Jim shirt for her account. I remember seeing some debate over whether it was available for females, and it is.

I am on the BETA dashboard and was wondering if the search and find a Game Marketplace ad trick was still working for anyone else on the BETA. It seemed like this has stopped working for me a week or so - and a couple updates - back.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I am on the BETA dashboard and was wondering if the search and find a Game Marketplace ad trick was still working for anyone else on the BETA. It seemed like this has stopped working for me a week or so - and a couple updates - back.[/QUOTE]I can't seem to get it to work as well. I either get an ad for Trials HD or Netflix.

Any new info on the Xbox Live Rewards debate? I know we have to watch 3/4 and for 30 minutes each, but last week 10/3 I had class, so I opened it up at 5:00 and left it there (I know I wasn't home to press watch at 6pm but I was hoping it would do something just in case) when I got home I had the option to press play still and it started the whole thing over- so did I get credit for 10/3 or did it have to be live?

[quote name='MrsTimberlake']Any new info on the Xbox Live Rewards debate? I know we have to watch 3/4 and for 30 minutes each, but last week 10/3 I had class, so I opened it up at 5:00 and left it there (I know I wasn't home to press watch at 6pm but I was hoping it would do something just in case) when I got home I had the option to press play still and it started the whole thing over- so did I get credit for 10/3 or did it have to be live?[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it had to be live or if the replay would work too. Did you watch the replay? Because when it played live it kicked itself off and had to be restarted a couple times. The first time it kicked off was only 26 minutes in, so if you didn't let the replay play through then I would suspect you didn't receive credit. Hope you got credit, but just in case you'd better be sure to tune in for the last 3 debates. The next one is the VP debate on Oct. 11th @ 9-10:30pm EDT.

[quote name='PottyPops']Not sure if it had to be live or if the replay would work too. Did you watch the replay? Because when it played live it kicked itself off and had to be restarted a couple times. The first time it kicked off was only 26 minutes in, so if you didn't let the replay play through then I would suspect you didn't receive credit. Hope you got credit, but just in case you'd better be sure to tune in for the last 3 debates. The next one is the VP debate on Oct. 11th @ 9-10:30pm EDT.[/QUOTE]
Hey, yeah when I got home it was on the screen of empty podiums and the crowd taking pictures so I let that play and checked back and had the replay button so I pressed that and watched the whole thing (well I changed back to the TV but I left my xbox on) and I'll be sure to watch on Thurs, which happens to be my birthday lol but I gotta have that epic Halo armor haha thanks :)

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I am on the BETA dashboard and was wondering if the search and find a Game Marketplace ad trick was still working for anyone else on the BETA. It seemed like this has stopped working for me a week or so - and a couple updates - back.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had much luck with it, other than the WoW avatar shirts. The best bet if you want to get the free avatar items is to use someone else's non-beta Xbox. Put your profile on a USB drive or restore your profile on their console. I have seen the ads for the Maverick surfboard, Verzion surfboard, Slim Jim shirt and Skittles prop recently.

You can also just wait for the dashboard update for everyone and hopefully the ads will still be available.

Has anyone seen the Hotel Transylvania ad lately? That's the only one avatar freebie I'm missing.

[quote name='CodeTrader']I haven't had much luck with it, other than the WoW avatar shirts. The best bet if you want to get the free avatar items is to use someone else's non-beta Xbox. Put your profile on a USB drive or restore your profile on their console. I have seen the ads for the Maverick surfboard, Verzion surfboard, Slim Jim shirt and Skittles prop recently.

You can also just wait for the dashboard update for everyone and hopefully the ads will still be available.[/QUOTE]

If only I had the option of using someone else's XBOX. I actually have two and made the mistake of moving both to the BETA before I realized the problem with ads. Who knew not getting ads would be a drawback :lol:

[quote name='draven1089']Has anyone seen anything more about the dishonored ad? Did it ever make it to the US dashboard?[/QUOTE]

I'm on beta and initially got the dishonored ad when it was first listed here, but it was before the avatar mask was available (one of those "Check back later!" deals). Haven't seen it since.

Forza Horizon Demo is online. Play a couple of races and you will get a message that when you buy the full game you will be gifted a 2013 Dodge Viper. Free car can only be claimed in game and the in game free car message will expire November 30th.

Never thought a Forza game would copy so much from Dirt 2 and NFS ProStreet.

This morning on Zune Video, I saw free episodes of a few Cartoon Network programs, including Regular Show, Adv. Time, Ben 10, Kids Next Door, Gumball, Chowder, Samurai Jack, and Flapjack.

[quote name='NoDAK']This morning on Zune Video, I saw free episodes of a few Cartoon Network programs, including Regular Show, Adv. Time, Ben 10, Kids Next Door, Gumball, Chowder, Samurai Jack, and Flapjack.[/QUOTE]

The only shows worth watching are KND and Samurai Jack. Rest are utter SHYYT

[quote name='LinkinPrime']We've had IGN, not sure about Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Gamespot was just added to the apps this week in the us, too.

*REMINDER*
to everyone to make sure you watch the presidential debates tonight on your Xbox live event player from 9-10:30pm ET (6-7:30pm PT)

• 10/3
  • 10/11
  • 10/16
  • 10/22
http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/landing/election-2012
cuz remember you have to watch 3/4 for at least 30 minutes each and be signed up with the rewards program to get the Halo 4 warrior avatar armor

*anyways I have a question*
I am going to be home at 6 to press play but I have to leave right after (it's my bday :)) and I missed 10/3 so can someone tell me what the deal was with people getting kicked out and having to click play again? I really need to get this one to count or I'll be diqualified :( is it going to matter when my controller turns off or is it not going to matter like when it turns off during Netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back