List of Release Date Delivery Eligible Games From Amazon

About time :)

Edit: also, this is the first time I've noticed that Rock Band: Beatles for the Wii is retailing for MSRP $59.99... WTH?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']About time :)

Edit: also, this is the first time I've noticed that Rock Band: Beatles for the Wii is retailing for MSRP $59.99... WTH?[/QUOTE]

Licensing is expensive. It's also why the instrument bundle is $250 and the standalone guitars are $100. All for a game with less than 3 hours of music.

Guitar Hero 5 is $60 on the Wii, too.

And Release Date Delivery F'd up on me for GH5. I sent an email to Amazon and got a refund, though.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']About time :)

Edit: also, this is the first time I've noticed that Rock Band: Beatles for the Wii is retailing for MSRP $59.99... WTH?
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Rock band: Beatles is slightly overpriced, I am hoping for the price to come down real quick.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the console versions of Arkham Asylum got it, while the PC version is ignored. Sigh. Looks like I won't have it on the 15th.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']So, how do I get release day delivery when making my order? I have Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]

It's in the shipping options when you checkout.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']So, how do I get release day delivery when making my order? I have Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]

it should be the default option at checkout if its currently avaliable. also, if you pre-order something before its eligible for release date delivery, itll be automatically applied if it becomes an option in the future (this happened to me with uncharted 2 and MW2)

I'm upset that Uncharted 2 is on there, because Amazon's pre-order bonus is so terrible. Probably better to get Best Buy's.

Also, about Borderlands, I'm picturing a Diablo 2 type of dungeon crawl mixed with the gameplay of Resistance 2 multiplayer co-op, would this be a good assumption to make?

[quote name='pram12']Do I have to have Amazon Prime to not pay for release date shipping?[/QUOTE]
You sure do. It's worth every penny.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']beatles rock band is on that list yet I cant get RDD at all. Even if I try to create a new order[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's too late. The game comes out Wednesday. Today is a holiday. Not enough time left for them to process the order and get it to you.

[quote name='Kohath']I would like to order Batman today and get it when it released two weeks ago.

I hear it's fun.[/QUOTE]

You do know that for many people, Arkham Asylum doesn't come out until Sept 15, right? The PC version is better than the console versions (and no, I am not one of the crazy people who think that the PC version of anything is by default better than its console incarnation).

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, it's too late. The game comes out Wednesday. Today is a holiday. Not enough time left for them to process the order and get it to you.[/QUOTE]

I actually ordered it 6 days ago. I was trying to change the shipping in the order details then as well. I thought maybe it was a glitch and tried to order a new one, still nothing. I emailed them. I changed GH5 to release day shipping on august 30.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']there's still that free 3-month trial of Amazon Prime, ya?[/QUOTE]

No, it is a free 1 month trial now.

but everything you pre-order in that 1-month frame will get upgraded to release date delivery if it becomes available, unless the system changes. and everything you pre-order can be cancelled so.

$80 is pretty steep, but it is worth it. combine with ECA it becomes pretty hard to beat 2day shipping, 10% off, tax free. plus you don't have to order $25 bucks of stuff every time.

Left 4 Dead 2 was added to this list recently. My preorder was not changed though, I had to go in and edit shipping from 2 day shipping to release date. Have just been keeping check on them just in case, still waiting for Assassins Creed 2 to upgrade.

I just noticed this topic & I'm glad to see Amazon finally making this possible. Only downside is the cost of shipping completely blows any savings for me. I don't order enough from Amazon to pay for their "Prime" free shipping or even their 10% off membership.

[quote name='zeb06']Left 4 Dead 2 was added to this list recently. My preorder was not changed though, I had to go in and edit shipping from 2 day shipping to release date. Have just been keeping check on them just in case, still waiting for Assassins Creed 2 to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I was really hoping they would add L4D2

[quote name='Grimm Fandango']Borderlands is on the list but I can't edit my pre-order for release date... dammit.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Borderlands doesn't seem to be available yet. Will wait a day or two see if they add it.

[quote name='zeb06']Sweet, wish AC2 and L4D2 would get added.[/QUOTE]

L4D2 is now available for release date delivery. I pre ordered it less than a week ago and it wasn't an option then.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Grimm Fandango']Borderlands is on the list but I can't edit my pre-order for release date... dammit.[/QUOTE]

Omg I know, The worst part about Borderlands, I pre-ordered the game when the price was at $54 + ECA, I might just have to suck it up. I had to cancel my R&C from my order to get the Release Date Delivery, didn't have a problem with it (paying $50, thanx ECA!)

Thanks for all the info. I was able to sign up for the Trial of Prime and am now getting my copy of the Deluxe Version of Demon's Souls on release day.

Trying to get Assassin's Creed II and Borderlands, both which are listed as Release Date Delivery eligible, but the option does not show up. Maybe I'll email my contacts over there.

Looks like Assassins creed 2 is now release date for both systems

and

Bioshock 2 only for 360 :(
Come on, we want some ps3 love on that one

[quote name='dmdragon']Looks like Assassins creed 2 is now release date for both systems

and

Bioshock 2 only for 360 :(
Come on, we want some ps3 love on that one[/QUOTE]

Urgh, I just noticed that AC2 got updated to Release Day.

I want to update it, but Amazon's horrible code for orders won't let me upgrade it since it's in an order with FF13. I would cancel, but I used a now expired promotion to get some cash off those games. Oh well; I have two-day shipping and I guess that can suffice.

[quote name='Nirron']Urgh, I just noticed that AC2 got updated to Release Day.

I want to update it, but Amazon's horrible code for orders won't let me upgrade it since it's in an order with FF13. I would cancel, but I used a now expired promotion to get some cash off those games. Oh well; I have two-day shipping and I guess that can suffice.[/QUOTE]

Send an email to customer service. They shouldn't have a problem editing that for you.

They won't change it. I tried to get Assassin's Creed 2 since if I canceled and reordered I'd lose my discount and they told me they couldn't do anything.

[quote name='hibachiZX']it should be the default option at checkout if its currently avaliable. also, if you pre-order something before its eligible for release date delivery, itll be automatically applied if it becomes an option in the future (this happened to me with uncharted 2 and MW2)[/QUOTE]
I just mailed Amazon customer service for both AC2 and Brutal Legend -- which I pre-ordered with free 2-day shipping through Prime. Probably too late for the latter, but maybe the former...

bread's done
Back