List of Release Date Delivery Eligible Games From Amazon

[quote name='Nirron']Urgh, I just noticed that AC2 got updated to Release Day.

I want to update it, but Amazon's horrible code for orders won't let me upgrade it since it's in an order with FF13. I would cancel, but I used a now expired promotion to get some cash off those games. Oh well; I have two-day shipping and I guess that can suffice.[/QUOTE]

I was told by CS that if you have amazon prime 2 day shipping it will be automatically upgraded to release day shipping closer to release. I called since I could have sword I had read that somewhere.

[quote name='dmdragon']I was told by CS that if you have amazon prime 2 day shipping it will be automatically upgraded to release day shipping closer to release. I called since I could have sword I had read that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen before with Muramasa and again with Uncharted. They auto-upgraded me to Release Day a bit before the game came out. In those cases though, the games were in their own solitary orders, so I'm not sure if my Assassin's Creed 2 would upgrade since it's stuck with two other games. I say this mainly because whenever I had a large order and one game already had Release Day available, it would usually appear separately from the rest of the order on the checkout page, and actually given its own separate order number.

I've also had the same experience as Lorddraco with asking CS to upgrade. They either can't or won't do it. Heck, on their own Help page for Release-day shipping this is what they have to say regarding changing your order:
"If you do need to change your order, we recommend placing a new pre-order for the item and then cancelling your previous order after you are sure you can choose Release-Date Delivery on the new order."

I've got an AC2 preorder as well that's grouped with the God of War Collection. I signed up for the Prime Trial and it runs out in late October. Right now I'm showing the "free" 2 day shipping. I figure at this point it's best to just sit on the order and not try to change anything. I'm one of those evil ECA code stackers and I got 20% off the order. So I'm not going to risk losing out on anything to get the game a day sooner.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I just mailed Amazon customer service for both AC2 and Brutal Legend -- which I pre-ordered with free 2-day shipping through Prime. Probably too late for the latter, but maybe the former...[/QUOTE]
Update to the 2 emails I sent:

Amazon said they'd free-upgrade me from 2-Day to 1-Day on Brutal Legend, but couldn't do release date shipping. I'll take it.

For Assassin's Creed II, customer service seemed to misunderstand my question -- stating that if I can't do Release Date Shipping, I must not have an eligible shipping address (wrong, and the question had my order # on it). I replied to explain this.

[quote name='bearcatjosh']Any word on Borderlands? I know it's listed, but there still isn't an option for me to actually get the Release Date Shipping. Hmm...[/QUOTE]
Bad news...found out that it's listing on the Release Date Delivery list is an error. It's not eligible.

[quote name='CheapyD']Bad news...found out that it's listing on the Release Date Delivery list is an error. It's not eligible.[/QUOTE]
Aw, that sucks :( Guess I'll grab it from BB when it comes out, so I can play it that night.

[quote name='Angelwatch']I've got an AC2 preorder as well that's grouped with the God of War Collection. I signed up for the Prime Trial and it runs out in late October. Right now I'm showing the "free" 2 day shipping. I figure at this point it's best to just sit on the order and not try to change anything. I'm one of those evil ECA code stackers and I got 20% off the order. So I'm not going to risk losing out on anything to get the game a day sooner.[/QUOTE]

What is showing the free 2 day shipping? I just signed up for Prime, can they apply the quicker shipping to MW2? Thing is its a bundled preorder with a stacked code.

does anyone know for sure if fallout 3 goty for 360 was supposed to have release date delivery? i thought that it did, but mine isn't showing up until tomorrow.

I had a talk with an Amazon customer service rep this morning about Borderlands being on that list, but not being able to get the option when choosing your shipping. I was told (roughly, I don't recall the exact quote) that they didn't have it in inventory yet, and so they couldn't offer release day delivery for it. I decided I needed to end the conversation before I ripped into the rep, but I plan to call back later and ask why they're advertising something that's not available, and might never be available since the game is due out in a week.

EDIT: Just saw earlier in the thread that Borderlands is NOT eligible. I'd like to know where that information came from?

[quote name='Suraph']I had a talk with an Amazon customer service rep this morning about Borderlands being on that list, but not being able to get the option when choosing your shipping. I was told (roughly, I don't recall the exact quote) that they didn't have it in inventory yet, and so they couldn't offer release day delivery for it. I decided I needed to end the conversation before I ripped into the rep, but I plan to call back later and ask why they're advertising something that's not available, and might never be available since the game is due out in a week.

EDIT: Just saw earlier in the thread that Borderlands is NOT eligible. I'd like to know where that information came from?[/QUOTE]

Cheapy and his contacts at Amazon

I got SAW from amazon on the day it was released (last tuesday) - many times on Prime I've gotten a game the day of...hope I get borderlands the same way!

bread's done
Back