list some worthy GBA titles

F:Zero, Mario Kart, Doom, Fire Pro Pro-Wrestling are all fun for multiplayer gaming.... Doom and FPPW can be found fairly cheap.

As for solo playing, I really couldn't tell you, I usually just play mine on flights and link with the people I'm going with. I also stick with regular GB classics like Tetris and QIX (which is dirt cheap used from EB for an awesome game)

In addition to the above...

Final Fantasy Tactics Adv.
Metroid Fusion
Super Monkey Ball Jr.

I am planning to check out later:
-Boktai
-Advance Wars
-Bomberman (either one)
-WarioWare Inc: Mega Micro Game$

[quote name='videogamejunkie']f zero anything like irodon 3d? I played that game and it sucked[/quote]

Not at all... F-Zerpo is like it's SNES Bretheren, a really well done anti-gravity racer. I will agree with you that Iridion was a pretty lousy game.

You might like these, depending on your genre preference:

Advance Wars 2
Golden Sun 1 & 2
Doom 1 & 2
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Tactics Ogre Advance
F-Zero
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Castlevania Circle of the Moon or Aria of Sorrow
Wario Ware
Puyo Pop
Chu Chu Rocket
Wario Land 4
Metroid Fusion
Tony Hawk Pro Skater (any)
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
Duke Nukem Advance
Klonoa: Empire of Lost Dreams
Super Ghouls and Ghosts (this game is CRAZY hard though)

Some others that I enjoyed that were not listed yet:

Shining Soul
Lunar Legend (not as good as it's original version)
- still worth a look though:)
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
Lufia: Ruins of Lore

Also in the next month I would be on the lookout for Super Mario Advance 4: SMB 3, The new Fire Emblem game for GBA, and SquareEnix's Sword of Mana for GBA (isn't that sweet?)

Cheap Good Games:

Car Battler Joe
Iridion II (much better than the first one)
Karnaaj Rally
Pinball of The Dead
Denki Blocks

Unfortunately, there's a lot of crap out for the Gamecube and GBA (probably considering Nintendo has a lower-aged demographic, which shouldn't hinder the variety of good stuff, but I digress). Here's what I've got for my GBA-SP, all of them are kick ass.

Megaman Battle Network 1 (I'm craving 2, 3 and upcoming 4 really bad)
Metroid Fusion
Final Fantasy Tactics
Zelda: Link to the Past / Four Swords
Denki Blocks ($15 at a Fred Meyers! Woot)
Puyo Pop
Warioware Inc. Mega Microgame$

Cheers
redgopher

both the street fighter games are good(I like SSF2:Turbo revival the best)

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is amazing(in the past 2 days I have put in 11 hours)
wario ware is good
metroid fusion is also really good(not as good as SM but good)

GBA what is there not to like. Megaman Zero is an outstanding game. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is as addictive as it gets...all the missions to complete. A lot of bang for your buck. Plus get another gamer with FFTA and play co-operative missions and competitive missions. Mario & Luigi is simplistic but loads of fun, plus nice inside jokes, I mean "Now you're playing with power!" who will forget that. Speaking of things from the past, how about playing Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3, and though the set-up to play new levels with the e-reader and another GBA (or GBPlayer) is expensive it is worth it. Metriod Fusion and the upcoming Metroid Zero...the Castlevania games...I mean you got a fantastic system there...you cannot go wrong with most games....and don't forget Wario Ware Inc...man now that is a great game!

I'm completely addicted to Fire Emblem right now. I also love the 2 Golden Suns, any Mario game, and Warioware. I also really like puzzle type games...would love to find Puyo Pop sometime. I love my GBA, best entertainment purchase I've made in a long time. And I'm in my mid-thirties and a "girl" no less.

I must say that lately I have been enjoying The Lost Vikings, a Blizzard title which I bicked up for $9.99 at Value City. Cheap + Quality = Love.

Here's a simple way to remember the best GBA titles - If it has the word "Super Mario", "Metroid", "Zelda", or "Castlevania" in the title, then they are among the best for the system. Also look up Phantasy Star Collection and both Golden Sun titles, if you're into RPGs, Mario Kart if you're into racing games, and both street fighters if you're into fighters.

yep yep, all agrees there.

Harvest Moon, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow (stay away from Harmony of Dissonance, not as good!!!), Both Golden Sun's, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Advance Wars 1&2, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, F-Zero, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission (sequel, and better then first i heard), Zelda: Link to the Past, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 (Come to think about it, any game with Mario in it will do), Boktai: Sun is in your hand, Shining Soul, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, also I personally enjoyed Sword of Mana though your tastes may differ (only 7.1 from gamestop and not all people agree its a good game), Prince of Persia if you don't have the consoles, but if you have any console get it definitely for that, and for GBA if you want, Sonic Advance 1 & 2 (some say first is better, some say second, rent or get both and decide but they're both good games)
hmm if your looking for bargains, best bet to check out used section in eb/gamestop if you don't mind the cart only or used. Sales are hard to come by on the newer and better games, though a bunch of old, crappy games are cheap. (aka- kimpossible, etc.) Big no-no. If you want quality games, just go full price, or keep an eye out for sales on any of these games. If in doubt, use GGC at BB. Although I've seen a lot of stores with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, FFT:A, and Fire Emblem for 30 instead of 35, is that really a deal though.. Anyways, check on Gamestop.com, videogamedeals.com, oh yeah and that new site some ingenious mastermind found, newegg.com, etcetera. hope i helped :whistle2:\

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Wario Ware are definite games. FFTA will keep you occupied solo, while Wario Vs games you can use to pick up girls :D

In addition to what's already been mentioned, Double Dragon advance is worth picking up if you liked the original. Sega Arcade Gallery is a great compilation too, which I never hear anyone talk about (near perfect arcade versions of Space Harrier, Outrun, Hang On and Afterburner).

Also, I have 2 questions:

1. What's up with all the HOD bashing? (it was actually my favorite of the 3).

2. Big Dirty - you say GBA Doom can be found for cheap......PLEASE tell me where (I've been looking for that for a long time).

bread's done
Back