LiteOn Combo Drive (CD-RW burner, DVD reader; model SOHC-5232K) $19.99 at Kmart

abilyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Dunno if this is YMMV or not, but today I picked up a couple of these cheap combo drives at Kmart for $19.99 each (sale runs today and tomorrow [12/18 & 12/19] I believe). As mentioned in the title, it's a CD burner and DVD reader. It's packaged with Nero Express and PowerDVD software. Here's an article/review on the drive: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=8997&PageId=0.

I had been looking for a cheap burner... this seems like a decent quality one without having to mess with rebates like I usually do, and it'll make a good gift as well.

Things are so cheap now. I remember paying $200 for my Plextor CD burner a few years ago and it couldn't even read dvd-rom.

All over this if it is true. As a computer teacher wouldn't mind some cheap DVD drives to use in the classroom.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I found it at my K for $40 on the shelf tag. No black though. Might check the other K-mart.

Is this in the flyer?[/quote]

You may want to give that store a call and ask them to scan it to see if it rings up any cheaper. Dunno if it was in the flyer or not; I haven't even seen the flyer, just saw a stack of them on a shelf with a sale tag in front of them. What about black?

Tried to get one today.

I think the words K-MART SUCKS ASS are in order

spent three hours on the phone or looking in stores and was lied to by every employee K-Mart had. Made a second trip to the store I first went to when they said I could get a rain-check, then I get there and they will not give me one.

I e-mailed corporate, as I was not in the mood to argue over something that only costs 20 bucks

bread's done
Back