Little Big Planet 2 CE LBP2 CE Gamestop in stock

It's not limited, they'll be around for a while and drop as we see stores need to make room since it comes in a larger box.

[quote name='chupaskabra']so the book ends are pretty shotty?[/QUOTE]

2004-03-02-inside-schott.jpg

Marge said so.

Actually, I have no clue.

You could have got this for $58 shipped late last year through gamestop.com. Using some coupons, I'm sure it will hit that low again soon.

The bookends aren't cheap at all. They aren't made of wood they're made of high grade/quality cardboard. They're extremely sturdy and well put together. The sackboy images on each are cardboard, but they're thick cardboard. The fact that these were made with cardboard was said within a day or two after the CE was announced. It makes sense why it's made of cardboard for a few reasons. Cheaper, weighs less (so shipping is less), and the world of LBP has that "put together with random normal objects" feel, heck the main character is a sack after all. Remember this CE is $20 more than the normal game, look at some other $80 CEs. Three that come to mind are Fable 3, TFU2, and Dead Rising 2.

The only cool part about Fable 3 CE was the big book it came in. It came with a decent metal coin and a deck of cards, and a minor pointless DLC location.

TFU2 came in a steelbook and a 2GB USB drive.

Dead Rising 2 is the best content wise of the three I mentioned, and it came in a steelbook with a pad of paper, crappy syrnige pen, folded up fake brochure (decent images, but it comes folded up so it looks crappy) and a bonus DVD (the only other good part).

The LBP2 CE comes with an actual plush sackboy (not amazing quality, but it is really nice), every single pre-order costume and then some, and the game/book ends.

What do you want for $20 more?

[quote name='Thongsy']But then it was retracted that it was not cardboard, so there was some confusion as to what it would be made of.[/QUOTE]

It was never retracted, people just assumed it was a joke comment. They elaborated by saying that it is indeed cardboard but high quality so no one should be worried.

Let me add on by saying that I am unsure if this will ever be hard to find, it may it may not be (I am leaning toward it not being hard to find) but as someone mentioned you could have gotten it for $56 from GS with some coupons so it was a great price then. I chose to get it from amazon using my 30% ECA order to get it for $55 and then got the $20 promo credit so I am happy I got the game the day after it came out with all the extra stuff for essential $35.

I don't really know what people were expecting for $20 above the standard edition, especially when it also came with the plush and all those dlc. The videos I've seen of the bookends make them look pretty sturdy. They'll be on your shelves anyway, do you guys plan on throwing them around or something?

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't really know what people were expecting for $20 above the standard edition, especially when it also came with the plush and all those dlc. The videos I've seen of the bookends make them look pretty sturdy. They'll be on your shelves anyway, do you guys plan on throwing them around or something?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I was really surprised by how sturdy they are. Yeah if they were made of high quality plastic would I have been happier, of course. But I am extremely pleased at the quality of everything (game is a blast, sackboy is awesome looking, and bookends are top notch and fit theme of what LBP is).

If anyone wants to see the bookends and the sackboy in my personal collection here they are:
One Bookend
Other bookend and Sackboy

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Exactly. I was really surprised by how sturdy they are. Yeah if they were made of high quality plastic would I have been happier, of course. But I am extremely pleased at the quality of everything (game is a blast, sackboy is awesome looking, and bookends are top notch and fit theme of what LBP is).

If anyone wants to see the bookends and the sackboy in my personal collection here they are:
One Bookend
Other bookend and Sackboy[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the black shelving unit? Awesome collection, by the way.

I was lucky enough to find it on Best Buys website this past June for a really good price compared to what everyone else had it for. I got it for around $95 inc tax and shipping from Best Buy but I can't easily find it anywhere, but here is what it's called "Atlantic-1080-Disc Customizable Multimedia Storage-Espresso". It says it's Espresso which makes you think it's a dark brown, but it's really black (which is better IMO).

Thanks on the collection compliment.

Its the exact same plush as the one I bought from Toysrus a few months ago. Only difference is the CE plush has a wider mouth, other than that, nothing else. I still like it and am glad I have two now.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I was lucky enough to find it on Best Buys website this past June for a really good price compared to what everyone else had it for. I got it for around $95 inc tax and shipping from Best Buy but I can't easily find it anywhere, but here is what it's called "Atlantic-1080-Disc Customizable Multimedia Storage-Espresso". It says it's Espresso which makes you think it's a dark brown, but it's really black (which is better IMO).

Thanks on the collection compliment.[/QUOTE]

When i used to work for Dealtree i used to get these same bookshelves for $5 each. I ended up buying three of them but i built one...gave one away....and still have the last one in the box in the garage that i need to build. Kinda wish i would have bought more of them now that i think of it. My brother still works for there but Best Buy doesn't allow purchases anymore. :(

[quote name='ssjmichael']No it's not[/QUOTE]

Yes it it, being that I own it. Plus it's been said by multiple GS employees who also own the game.

I don't know about you guys/gals, but I'm surprised how good the bookends are! I used them right away, finally no more game cases on the floor :lol: Pretty awesome stuff. I gave the plush away to a kid (it's better than sitting on my shelves, oh yeah the kid loves it). I also redeemed the bonus outfit codes, very neat stuff!

In LBP2, you can now simply select the outfits on the first page of the customization menu (it was a pain to do in the first game). I love the crocodile outfit, the sackboy looked really cool in it! And GONZO!!!!

I really like the bookends too.

Anyway this is available now for Amazons B2G1 sale. 3 copies of the CE = $156.

If three cags wanted it or you need 3 that seems like a pretty good deal.

Hmmm... seems like another CE that will drop in price, I'll wait since I've been burned before on "limited" CE's.

I really wish western publishers would make their CE/LEs like Japan. Super awesome and in low quantities.

I don't think you will see this one around for very cheap, and if that in very limited quantities. I got it mainly for my kids, they love this game. The amount of customization is awesome. I would recommend the LE based on the value of the DL characters alone.

[quote name='dennisb407']Yes it it, being that I own it. Plus it's been said by multiple GS employees who also own the game.[/QUOTE]

I think they're made by the same company, but there's very slight differences. See the comparison at the top of the page. Plus the CE plush has an official holographic Playstation tag, which the GS one does not. So nearly irentical, but not exactly the very same one.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think they're made by the same company, but there's very slight differences. See the comparison at the top of the page. Plus the CE plush has an official holographic Playstation tag, which the GS one does not. So nearly irentical, but not exactly the very same one.[/QUOTE]

Umm top of the page is from Toys R Us

bread's done
Back