Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHelix']Anyone visit a B&M Walmart to confirm? I was gonna go but I didn't have the gas to make it there.[/QUOTE]

Uhh. You passed a Best Buy on I-15 and Mira Mesa Bvld on your way from Carmel Mountain to the Mira Mesa Blvd Target.

I was at BB to return a purchase. Had them check, no price change for LBP, Killzone or INfamous.

Edit: I misread B&M as BB. Should probably hit the Wally World when you were at Target. The Poway WM is pretty close to that Target.

It seems to me like Resistance 2 has been out forever then I looked it up and was surprised to see LBP actually came out a month before it. Weird.

I'm glad they made the GOTY edition of LBP the Greatest Hit. I will definitely be picking it up.

It seems to me like Resistance 2 has been out forever then I looked it up and was surprised to see LBP actually came out a month before it. Weird.

I'm glad they made the GOTY edition of LBP the Greatest Hit. I will definitely be picking it up.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']If they do I know where I'm going tomorrow. Even though Best Buy is like 30 minutes away.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's YMMV....I have 2 BB close to me both 30 minutes away. One of them said yes and the other said no :bomb:

Hey I was wondering when are these price drops going to go into affect? I don't want to waste my time tomorrow when I go to best buy. The games I'm looking at are LBP: GOTY and KZ2

[quote name='EarthKing']Hey I was wondering when are these price drops going to go into affect? I don't want to waste my time tomorrow when I go to best buy. The games I'm looking at are LBP: GOTY and KZ2[/QUOTE]

No one wants to waste their time answering you. Just read the damn thread.

Everybody on the Playstation blog is saying that the new GH titles was just an April Fools joke.

Is this true that it was a joke or are they really releasing these soon?

[quote name='CarltonBanks85']The picture from the Wal-mart ad was posted before April 1st.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know but that could always be photoshopped then printed out to look real.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Everybody on the Playstation blog is saying that the new GH titles was just an April Fools joke.

Is this true that it was a joke or are they really releasing these soon?[/QUOTE]

I really dont know. GS website has updated Infamous price. Is now at 29.99. The other 2 are still at the same price.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Just because it's policy doesn't make it a good business decision.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I'm pretty sure the walmart higher-ups know how to run a succesful business. This policy doesn't seem to be stopping them from beating all other retailers business wise
Whether or not it's a good business decision is irrelevant anyway . Point is the walmart employees were still correctly doing their job by not price matching.
Yeah I know this is a late reply

You are, indeed, correct. I've seen this pop up a lot lately...people getting way too pissy just because a company does not price match their site in-store. A lot of places do this. Deal with it and don't laugh/yell/make a general ass out of yourself over it.

I printed out the pages from amazon and walmart. I'm gonna go around town tomorrow trying to get a store to price match it for me.

Anybody know of any stores CONFIRMED to price match? I don't care if it's YMMV, I just want to know if somebody has done a successful price match purchase and at what store.

I'm such an impatient person. I won't wait until these actually come to stores even if they're coming sunday. So I'm gonna try my damnedest tomorrow.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']I printed out the pages from amazon and walmart. I'm gonna go around town tomorrow trying to get a store to price match it for me.

Anybody know of any stores CONFIRMED to price match? I don't care if it's YMMV, I just want to know if somebody has done a successful price match purchase and at what store.

I'm such an impatient person. I won't wait until these actually come to stores even if they're coming sunday. So I'm gonna try my damnedest tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Tell us how it goes :).

[quote name='jaredhenry13']I printed out the pages from amazon and walmart. I'm gonna go around town tomorrow trying to get a store to price match it for me.[/QUOTE]

Stores do not price match online businesses, so printing out Amazon's product pages won't help at all. Walmart.com really won't be much use, either, because most stores want a print ad as proof that the deal is valid locally.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']I printed out the pages from amazon and walmart. I'm gonna go around town tomorrow trying to get a store to price match it for me.

I'm such an impatient person. I won't wait until these actually come to stores even if they're coming sunday. So I'm gonna try my damnedest tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

first thing I thought is, you must be new, and then I looked under your name. Good luck getting anyone to PM amazon, lol

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Stores do not price match online businesses, so printing out Amazon's product pages won't help at all. Walmart.com really won't be much use, either, because most stores want a printed ad as proof that the deal is valid locally.[/QUOTE]

Yup. One BB near me said they are willing to price match walmart.com but let's see how far that goes tomorrow lol.

[quote name='ssjmichael']first thing I thought is, you must be new, and then I looked under your name. Good luck getting anyone to PM amazon, lol[/QUOTE]
haha yeah I kinda figured Amazon would be hard to PM but I just was bringing it as backup in case they said I just made the walmart ad as a fake.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Sorry if this has been answered already but is the Little Big Planet GH the GOTY edition or the regular? Because on amazon the GOTY is going for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

goty

Sony blog says they are rolling out 10 greatest hits in the next few weeks
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/01/new-ps3-greatest-hits-titles-available-now/

•inFAMOUS (Sony Computer Entertainment)
•God of War Collection (Sony Computer Entertainment)
•Killzone 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
•LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year (Sony Computer Entertainment)
•Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
•Dead Space (Electronic Arts)
•Fight Night Round 4 (EA Sports)
•Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
•Soulcalibur IV (NAMCO BANDAI Games)
•UFC 2009 Undisputed (THQ)

I did notice that Amazon has the red boxed Killzone2 labeled greatest hits
pictured and its still $40 something!

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Yeah. Please report back if any of the B&M stores have them for $30.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so I went to Best Buy, Walmart (Actual Store), and Toys R Us... However, all games are still listed at $59.99. Here's where it gets interesting. As soon as Best Buy was about to close up, I asked one of the employees if they could price match with the Walmart website. The guy said it was no problem, so he went on the Walmart website and he searched up Little Big Planet for me, and saw that it was $29.96 (Game of the year Edition). So after that, he told me to go to the cashier and just tell her or him that "Mike sent me" and that "he verified it." So I go to the cashier, which happens to be a girl. I told her that Mike went on the Walmart website and price matched. Therefore, she just asked me how much the game was online and I said $29.96 and the rest was history. I could have probably said $20.99 and she probably would have been okay with it, but I'm not a cheat, so I paid what I had to pay and that was it. Plus, I used a giftcard, so it's not like I spent a cent. I'm guessing because they were closing, they didn't seem to care much as far as questioning me about price matching. But anyway, I think I'm planning on returning the game because while I was there, I saw all of the Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-rays for 14.99. I could probably buy all 3 with that giftcard... Good luck to you all, though. Hopefully they won't give you any problems when price matching because also on the Walmart website, they have Little Big Planet (Original Edition) listed for $59.99, while the (Game of the year edition) is cheaper and it's much newer and much more worth it. Kinda Odd. By the way, Infamous is $29.96 as well on the Walmart site, so you can get that cheap at Best Buy too if you have them look online. Cheers! :D

One last thing, I noticed that Walmart & Toys R Us (Actual stores) have "Red Faction: Guerrilla" for 19.99. Not a bad deal. I've never played it, but heard it was a decent game.

@thesis88 - Red Faction: Guerilla was an awesome game! A historical note: if you would have bought Darksiders, also an awesome game, you could have gotten RF:G for free.

[quote name='thesis88']Okay, so I went to Best Buy, Walmart (Actual Store), and Toys R Us... However, all games ate still listed at $59.99. Here's where it gets interesting. As soon as Best Buy was about to close up, I asked one of the employees if they could price match with the Walmart website. The guy said it was no problem, so he went on the Walmart website and he searched up Little Big Planet for me, and saw that it was $29.96 (Game of the year Edition). So after that, he told me to go to the cashier and just tell her or him that "Mike sent me" and that "he verified it." So I go to the cashier, which happens to be a girl. I told her that Mike went on the Walmart website and price matched. Therefore, she just asked me how much the game was online and I said $29.96 and the rest was history. I could have probably said $20.99 and she probably would have been okay with it, but I'm not a cheat, so I paid what I had to pay and that was it. Plus, I used a giftcard, so it's not like I spent a cent. I'm guessing because they were closing, they didn't seem to care much as far as questioning me about price matching. But anyway, I think I'm planning on returning the game because while I was there, I saw all of the Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-rays for 14.99. I could probably buy all 3 with that giftcard... Good luck to you all, though. Hopefully they won't give you any problems when price matching because also on the Walmart website, they have Little Big Planet (Original Edition) listed for $59.99, while the (Game of the year edition) is cheaper and it's much newer and much more worth it. Kinda Odd. By the way, Infamous is $29.96 as well on the Walmart site, so you can get that cheap at Best Buy too if you have them look online. Cheers! :D[/QUOTE]

Great story :applause: Wish me luck...I'm going to do the same today after class

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I'm thinking of running out to TRU during my lunch. Are the prices updated to $29.99 in their system for KZ2 and LBP?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to give them a call...They open as soon as I finish class :D.

Just came back from my local Gamestop, they don't have a clue about these games hitting Greatest Hits. They have LBP and Killzone 2 still at $59.99

Sucks because I need to use a store credit to purchase the games.

[quote name='ajumbaje']Yea, that'd be a good deal to jump on. Kz2 and lbp for 45 at tru with the b1g1 50% off[/QUOTE]
you and me both :applause:

i thought about the same deal when i woke up early in the morning and saw this thread.

I have noticed in the past that the B&M stores always took 1-2 weeks for the price to set in. In the past I noticed that BB online would have the updated price but in their stores it would be regular. But that's a easy price match. The walmart online gets a little tricky but my local BBs usually price match no problem.

Would love to have TRU update the price today or tomorrow to take care of the B1G150% deal but its doubtful.

[quote name='Sh0k']Just came back from my local Gamestop, they don't have a clue about these games hitting Greatest Hits. They have LBP and Killzone 2 still at $59.99

Sucks because I need to use a store credit to purchase the games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm right there with you.

I just ordered it from gamestop.com for $29.99. They just reduced the price about ten minutes ago! I had credit saved up so I had been waiting for it to drop here. Hopefully I will still get a black label for ordering so early. With gd10, it was 26.99, but that might get cancelled. We shall see...

[quote name='twp2f']I just ordered it from gamestop.com for $29.99. They just reduced the price about ten minutes ago! I had credit saved up so I had been waiting for it to drop here. Hopefully I will still get a black label for ordering so early. With gd10, it was 26.99, but that might get cancelled. We shall see...[/QUOTE]

As soon as I read this (10 mins ago?), I jumped on it! I had a $10.00 gift certificate code to use on GameStop.com from when I bought Darksiders for $39.99 (which included a Mystery Code... = Red Faction Guerrilla + Darksiders Hellbook for $5).

$19.99 + $39.99 + $5.00 (Plus tax for each) = 64.98

64.98 = Little Big Planet: GOTY (hopefully black label) + Darksiders + Rad Faction Guerilla + Darksiders Hellbook artdisc.

Awesome!!

[quote name='rodieremix']Sorry if this is a dumb question but if you buy new from gs.com it's not gutted is it?[/QUOTE]

Not gutted.

Anyone check Best Buy B&M for Infamous yet? I'm curious to see if the $10 off Infamous coupon would work with the GH price drop.

Amazon still selling a red boxed greatest hits for $49.99. They have the red box pictured and even a little note about it being a GH game. I'm wondering how they can sell a game designated by Sony to sell for $29.99 for $50 bucks. Wouldn't there be an agreement or something? Whats the point of having a Greatest Hits then?

"This game has recently become part of the "Greatest Hits" program and the packaging has been updated. You may receive the standard or greatest hits version of the game; while packaging may vary, the game content is the same."
http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl...PDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&qid=1270227014&sr=1-1

bread's done
Back