Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chickenmumbo']Amazon still selling a red boxed greatest hits for $49.99. They have the red box pictured and even a little note about it being a GH game. I'm wondering how they can sell a game designated by Sony to sell for $29.99 for $50 bucks. Wouldn't there be an agreement or something? Whats the point of having a Greatest Hits then?

"This game has recently become part of the "Greatest Hits" program and the packaging has been updated. You may receive the standard or greatest hits version of the game; while packaging may vary, the game content is the same."
http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl...PDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&qid=1270227014&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]
Um. It says 30.68 as the price.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']As soon as I read this (10 mins ago?), I jumped on it! I had a $10.00 gift certificate code to use on GameStop.com from when I bought Darksiders for $39.99 (which included a Mystery Code... = Red Faction Guerrilla + Darksiders Hellbook for $5).

$19.99 + $39.99 + $5.00 (Plus tax for each) = 64.98

64.98 = Little Big Planet: GOTY (hopefully black label) + Darksiders + Rad Faction Guerilla + Darksiders Hellbook artdisc.

Awesome!![/QUOTE]
Same here. Great deal!

Anyone who ordered LBP from amazon (before it went OOS) have their order shipped yet? I picked 1 day shipping (for sat delivery) and it still says "shipping soon"... makes me wonder if something's going to screw up and they're going to push me back until the red labels? Or is this normal?

Went to bestbuy this morning for little big planet, price was still 59.99 so I was able to get them to price match walmart online price. 29.96 +tax out the door.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Not gutted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Actually ended up getting LBP in store. Last sealed copy. I've heard nothing but good things about, looking forward to it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but they're offering the Edge card for $10 instead of $15 right now. Went ahead and did it. I guess the GI subscription is digital now which is kind of lame, I still prefer print.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Um. It says 30.68 as the price.[/QUOTE]

AMAZON is selling the game Killzone 2 for $49.99. It changes the seller to the cheapest priced seller when linked to the game at their site. I don't care about other sellers at Amazon. Amazon surely got a price reduction for the red boxed games and isn't fullfilling their part of the bargain with Sony

WOOHOO! Just got back from my local B&M Gamestop and they were selling Killzone 2 and LBP GOTY for $30 each! I got both of them.

AND THEY WERE BLACK LABEL COPIES STILL!!!!!!

I didn't check on the other games that were supposed to be coming to GH though.

I'm off to play!

holy crap Chicken, have some patience people. I'm fairly positive Amazon is not trying to screw the consumer/balk at their 'agreement' with Sony by not getting around to changing these prices yet...it will happen shortly I'm sure.

-mattyp

[quote name='Aleman']Anyone check Best Buy B&M for Infamous yet? I'm curious to see if the $10 off Infamous coupon would work with the GH price drop.[/QUOTE]

I checked for LBP GOTY in Best Buy Westbury NY, and they still have the 59.99 prices. Same with Infamous...

And the rewards zone coupon will work for infamous, so this is a pretty sick deal right now once the price changes on it.

I want LBP GOTY from best buy as i have a $10 reward zone award. Change the prices already Best BUY! I am assuming they will change them after This Sunday??? ANY one know, or best buy employees in the boards that can check?

Stopped by a couple of more Gamestop's and one of them had the new price for the last copy of LBP GOTY. Funny thing is that the new one was $29.99 and the used copy was still marked at $54.99

I priced match walmart online at BB no problems...But that's YMMV. Good luck...I got LBP GOTY and KZ2 both black label for $60 (so I'm considering this a B1G1 free until the red labels come out) :D Good luck everybody.

Use 15NEW at Gamestop.com to get any of these $29.99 games for ~$27 shipped. Hurry though, it's on Slickdeals.net front page and the coupon has limited uses.

Who cares what color the cases are, you guys are nuts!

I've only ordered from gamestop online once and did the darksiders deal with the $10 credit. I'm trying to buy LBP now online and checkout, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to apply the $10 credit. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='mattyp33']holy crap Chicken, have some patience people. I'm fairly positive Amazon is not trying to screw the consumer/balk at their 'agreement' with Sony by not getting around to changing these prices yet...it will happen shortly I'm sure.

-mattyp[/QUOTE]

Matty I would understand if Amazon was selling black label games for the old price, but they are selling the red boxed greatest hits games for more than the greatest hits price. They even have the disclaimer and the picture of the red box game saying the content is the same. UNcool !

[quote name='JDMoney']I've only ordered from gamestop online once and did the darksiders deal with the $10 credit. I'm trying to buy LBP now online and checkout, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to apply the $10 credit. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

The $10 credit code says you cannot use any other offer with it. If you are trying to stack it, it won't let you. Other than that, you just enter it in the redeem code box during checkout.

[quote name='Chickenmumbo']Matty I would understand if Amazon was selling balck label games for the old price, but they are selling the red boxed greatest hits games for more than the greatest hits price. They even have the disclaimer and the picture of the red box game saying the content is the same. UNcool ![/QUOTE]

What does the S stand for in MSRP? Think about it.

Anyway, Amazon will drop to 29.99 like everyone else... you're jump impatient.

Had no problem price matching this to walmart at Best Buy...

Just went in to customer service told them about the deal, they called the manager over and he got a real pained look on his face, but he matched it no problem...

Decided to go to Best Buy. Brought print-outs from Gamestop's website for Little Big Planet and Infamous along with TRU B1G1 50% off advert. I did a store search on Gamestop with the printout due to having a store in the same plaza as Best Buy. The woman called to confirm and adjusted the prices.

I also had a couple of reward zone certificates as well so the total for both was around $15. Not bad. Looking forward to checking out the fan content for Little Big Planet.

Guessing there's no way I'm going to get rid of my LBP non GOTY on goozex now. Was at #3 in line for the longest time and now up to #10.

Least I still have two days to decide on a second game for the trade 2 in get $40 off FFXIII deal at GS deal.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What does the S stand for in MSRP? Think about it.

Anyway, Amazon will drop to 29.99 like everyone else... you're jump impatient.[/QUOTE]

So you think Amazon isn't getting the Red Box greatest hits at a discount to the black label ? Red Box games sure don't have the resale value of black label games. People who know about greatest hits games will wait. The other suckers get screwed. But then again I am not an Amazon fanboy. Amazon just dropped the price to $29.99. Maybe the emails me and my friends sent to them helped out, or the postings on Amazon and PS3 blog or the email to Sony.

He was saying that the S stands for "suggested", meaning that they aren't required to sell it for 29.99. They technically can sell it for whatever price they want.

and the game is listed as 29.99 now on amazon

I saw the Gamestop website had it marked at $29.99. On the way to Gamestop I brought the webpage up on my iPhone in case they gave me guff about the price. I arrived and they tried to do their "the only 'new' copy is the shelf one" so they wanted to sell me at the full $29.99 the box with the sticker on it and a the game and manual in a sleeve. I said I do NOT pay "new" price for games that are opened. There is no proof they didn't take it hope to play, that it wasn't actually a used one, etc. Their policy of doing this to games and selling them used is ridiculous and I won't have it.

I walked (literally) across the street to Best Buy, pulled the black box LBP:GOTY off the shelf, showed the clerk the Gamestop page point out it was a price drop, not a sale. Pointing out it wasn't just online, it was their new price. He asked "do they have it in stock new at Gamestop?" and I honestly said "Yes" since Gamestop does seem to think their jank open copy is new. Best Buy somewhat unhappily matched the $29.99 although it did take a bit of prodding.

Went into Gamestop just now and I couldn't find LBP GOTY on display anywhere but I asked a guy I know who works there to double check behind the shelfs and sure enough, there it was. Black label edition for $29.99.

For those who have a Sony Visa and reward points, I was able to order the LBP:GOTY from SonyStyle.com using the $100 gift card I got for 9500 reward points. Granted, it takes a week or so to get the gift card (I turned in my points a week ago to get Champions of Norrath). By that time, they may actually have their website updated. When browsing the games, the price is $29.99 for the newly designated Greatest Hits, but when checking out, it applies MSRP. I had to call and get the purchase manually discounted to $29.99. Tax is applied, but it was free shipping.

EDIT: It stated "In Stock" on the website, so it may still be a black label or just a sticker like on some recent GH debuts.

[quote name='EvilIA']Uhh. You passed a Best Buy on I-15 and Mira Mesa Bvld on your way from Carmel Mountain to the Mira Mesa Blvd Target.

I was at BB to return a purchase. Had them check, no price change for LBP, Killzone or INfamous.

Edit: I misread B&M as BB. Should probably hit the Wally World when you were at Target. The Poway WM is pretty close to that Target.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy was never a part of my original plan, but what the hell, I got a deal...lol

*shrug*

Oh and i hate hate hate hate going to Mira Mesa Best Buy. Unless you live in the apartments next to Miramar College, it feels like a chore to get there. Goddamn traffic cams.

the two GS over at the mall had LBP priced at $29.. picked one up.. sweet!

The freakin' employee kept trying to up sell all this crap to me.. saying the game is on "sale" and you should buy a warranty, pre-order, blah blah.. talking a million words a minute. Thought my first five polite "No Thanks" were enough?! I've worked in sales before and i know the routine but geez!

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Decided to go to Best Buy. Brought print-outs from Gamestop's website for Little Big Planet and Infamous along with TRU B1G1 50% off advert. I did a store search on Gamestop with the printout due to having a store in the same plaza as Best Buy. The woman called to confirm and adjusted the prices.

I also had a couple of reward zone certificates as well so the total for both was around $15. Not bad. Looking forward to checking out the fan content for Little Big Planet.[/QUOTE]

Wait you were able to price match teh b1g1 50 at bestbuy???

I went to my local BB in Santee like 20min before closing to pick up 2 copies of KZ2. They only had 3 when I got there, now says the game is unavailable at the store. The girl at the customer services register called some older guy to do it. He said I was getting an amazing deal. I had no problem price matching Walmart.

Sort of interesting. I just checked Walmart.com and they now have KZ2 listed as $48.54.

[quote name='nekromantix']Guessing there's no way I'm going to get rid of my LBP non GOTY on goozex now. Was at #3 in line for the longest time and now up to #10.

Least I still have two days to decide on a second game for the trade 2 in get $40 off FFXIII deal at GS deal.[/QUOTE]

Phew... I was number 1. I'm a lucky dude.

I wanna ask something and I dont know if this thread is the right one so here it is:

I have my recently purchased copy of Little Big Planet GOTY Edition still sealed since March 17, 2010. Yes on the last day of the 50% bonus on trade ins. With the games I put on trade, I got 50 dollars on credit, so I only use like $13 to pay the full price of LBP GOTY.

In this case, would I still get some money or credit back for returning the game?

I wanna see if I can get LBP GOTY and Infamous both at $30.

If it's still sealed, just return the game to GS and say that you want to rebuy it at the current price. If they give you trouble, just return it, have them stick the credit on a gift card and buy LBP and Infamous online.

If there's one in your area, you guys should hustle down to Fry's. All of them are already marked down (technically to $29.80) and they're black labels. No red labels in sight yet. Just went to town myself.

photo.jpg

[quote name='robodaddyo']Damn. I was at Fry's, yesterday, and all of the games were still sitting at the $59.XX regular price.[/QUOTE]

Same for me at both a local Target, Best Buy, and Walmart...I just bought Infamous for 40 at best buy and will hopefully be able to go in and get a price adjustment.

[quote name='Halo05']If it's still sealed, just return the game to GS and say that you want to rebuy it at the current price. If they give you trouble, just return it, have them stick the credit on a gift card and buy LBP and Infamous online.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop dont like to sell Sealed games they want to sell the opened/used games for new

Can't believe Best Buy & Toys R Us haven't listed these as $29.99 on their websites yet or at their actual stores... Lame. Wish I didn't have to waste my Best Buy giftcard on Little big Planet. I was hoping to save it for a future and greater PS3 title. I would have wanted to use my Toys R Us giftcard on this game. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but there's bound to be something that'll come out later, which I will really want. Hopefully they drop the price soon for everyone.

[quote name='TheHelix']Best Buy was never a part of my original plan, but what the hell, I got a deal...lol

*shrug*

Oh and i hate hate hate hate going to Mira Mesa Best Buy. Unless you live in the apartments next to Miramar College, it feels like a chore to get there. Goddamn traffic cams.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean that is the worst place ever for a store. I used to just exit and drive down to Black Mountain and then up to 56 and over Ted Williams to Sabre Springs when I lived there.

Just repurchased the regular edition off of Amazon. I already have all the extra DLC that's included on the disc purchased when they were released.

I wish this version was at least a few bucks cheaper than the GOTY version.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what the community has come up with since I gave my brother my copy and try out the new water add-on/mechanics.

[quote name='thesis88']Can't believe Best Buy & Toys R Us haven't listed these as $29.99 on their websites yet or at their actual stores... Lame.[/QUOTE]

I know! I was trying to price match the toysrus deal on fri or sat at Best Buy but they didn't have the updated prices. I tried 2 different stores and explained my ass off and no one wanted to honor the Greatest Hits price. Bastards. I reeeeeally hope Amazon does the B2G1 free for GH. I think I would die of happiness.

Why does GS website has a notice saying that the online price of LBP GOTY edition is not valid at local stores????

Are they waiting for the Red Greatest Hits Cases???

They are referring to the price for a used copy of the game. Notice that it doesn't have the "Online price only" label for the price of a new copy. Their online used prices are usually $5-$10 cheaper than in store used prices.

bread's done
Back