Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

OK, so I love this game, but 2 questions:
1. Anyone else when playing solo (still connected to the net, but not multiplayer) have it freeze occasionally? It's almost as if I'm occasionally getting lag, which makes no sense. Doesn't happen if I unplug the ether net cable.

2. What the hell are those sign posts at the beginning of most levels that have sackboy's pick on them, and when I walk by them, they buzz and spin around showing an x over sackboy's face?

[quote name='Zmonkay']OK, so I love this game, but 2 questions:
1. Anyone else when playing solo (still connected to the net, but not multiplayer) have it freeze occasionally? It's almost as if I'm occasionally getting lag, which makes no sense. Doesn't happen if I unplug the ether net cable.

2. What the hell are those sign posts at the beginning of most levels that have sackboy's pick on them, and when I walk by them, they buzz and spin around showing an x over sackboy's face?[/quote]

1. - Yes, but only when the servers have been up. And it seems the servers are down again :(

2. - If you went through the tutorials you'd understand what they were.

EDIT: If you got this costume, then please try it on:
Yellow Head. WTF!?

wow, I so must have missed that thing about the signpost. weird, thanks. And glad it's not my system acting um, but it IS weird that online servers can effect the solo (play alone optioned) game. hmm

OK, I need some help from my fellow cheapasses. On the "Skate to the Finish" level, where the third boot is, right before the 2X part, there is a spot on the wall to stick a sticker shaped like a shield or crest. Where the heck is this sticker? We have 100% on the previous 2 levels, and have done this level numerous times, but we still do not have this sticker. We are stuck at 95% on this level and it is pissing me off. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be forever thankful. There may even be a
Gamestop Preorder Code
in it for the first person who responds to this post with instructions????;)

[quote name='rick3000gto']I need help finding my last sticker on Get a Grip its 8 down 4 over and cant find the dam thing.[/quote]

Right before the Mist, there's a tree. Go behind it, and there it is.

As for the other poster, I'm looking it up as I type.

EDIT: For the help on Skate to Victory,
you get it by completing a tutorial on My Moon.

well, I've 100%ed the wedding and king areas so a few more to go... acing is a pain but not impossible.

I finished my level but am waiting for the servers to go back up to share.

Good gaming again Chibi, even though I was wayyyyy off my jumps. You got to see my neon helmet though!

I think I'm at 100% on everything but the wilderness and dancer's court... err maybe missing one item in the islands and mines, but I'm not sure. Then it's time to finish some acing!

Also, here are some pictures of the week 1 gear:
2869844158_375b24c1a9.jpg
2869844186_e3d18a5ee7.jpg

How did you guys play with each other? The servers are down again.

I've got 100% on The Gardens and The Wedding. I'm at 97% on the Savannah still because no one will tell me where the following items are on Meerkat Kingdom and how to get them:

Row 4, Column 1 (Item 16)
Row 5, Column 3 (Item 23)
Row 7, Column 4 (Item 33)

I also found another stage where you NEED 2 physical players to get all the items, 3 would be preferable.

OTT, but that's a cool gif sig you got there Rolento, where'd you get it?

Also, are the pre-order DL's shareable? It's been asked before but I'm too lazy to sift through pages :p

[quote name='KingBroly']How did you guys play with each other? The servers are down again.

I've got 100% on The Gardens and The Wedding. I'm at 97% on the Savannah still because no one will tell me where the following items are on Meerkat Kingdom and how to get them:

I also found another stage where you NEED 2 physical players to get all the items, 3 would be preferable.[/quote]

I'm 100% on the first three. Friggen creator 4 is so hard, the difficulty has really ramped up...

Here are some of the tricky ones in Meerkat kingdom (not sure if these are the ones you need);

There is one right when you enter the very starting "race" through the tunnels, it is on the right side and its a patch of the wall that is discolored (white) if you grab and pull it comes out and an item is in there.

There are two before entering the "club", you'll see a candle in the background in a sort of cave, jump back into there and run up the right side, there is a hanging sticker place and two items hidden.

Hope that helped

[quote name='KingBroly']How did you guys play with each other? The servers are down again.

I also found another stage where you NEED 2 physical players to get all the items, 3 would be preferable.[/quote]

Did you have an unused sticker trigger? If so
at the begining of the stage, jump to the back level and run toward the wall, there's a hidden sticker trigger

[quote name='dyeknom']Did you have an unused sticker trigger? If so
at the begining of the stage, jump to the back level and run toward the wall, there's a hidden sticker trigger
[/quote]

That's not the answer I'm looking for.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']OTT, but that's a cool gif sig you got there Rolento, where'd you get it?

Also, are the pre-order DL's shareable? It's been asked before but I'm too lazy to sift through pages :p[/quote]

I got it while researching some new stuff from genki rockets after their album release...

and yeah, I'm pretty sure the costumes are shareable if I remember.

I think I recall reading that GS called people to pick their preorders up a few days ago. But when I called today to see if they had any in, the guy told me it's not being released until tomorrow.

Am I delusional or is the employee just clueless?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm 100% on the first three. Friggen creator 4 is so hard, the difficulty has really ramped up...

Here are some of the tricky ones in Meerkat kingdom (not sure if these are the ones you need);

There is one right when you enter the very starting "race" through the tunnels, it is on the right side and its a patch of the wall that is discolored (white) if you grab and pull it comes out and an item is in there.

There are two before entering the "club", you'll see a candle in the background in a sort of cave, jump back into there and run up the right side, there is a hanging sticker place and two items hidden.

Hope that helped
[/quote]

Yes, yes it did. 100% in the Savannah now.

I have Item 23 and Item 33. I don't know where I got them, so I played the level again and these are a few places I think they may be.

Did you get the sticker after you meet the giant teddy bear? After you jump on the thing that won't let you pass without the child, there is a hanging white light in the background. Enter the back portion of the level and walk towards the right. You have to enter the switch trigger of the Growl Face.

There is a switch trigger I have not gotten yet and it is a Little Big Planet face. I do not have that sticker yet and it may be the first one we are both missing? It is located pretty much at the end of the level. Where you have to jump on all those things. After you get the key, look to the left and there is a sticker there. Jump on another one of those jumpers until you reach a sticker, or a blue orb if you already got it. Walk behind that area and there is the face.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yes, yes it did. 100% in the Savannah now.[/quote]

Oops. Too late. Nevermind my post then. lol

Friggin storm last night made our power go on and off sporadically, so I shut down my PS3 via the switch, rather than risk playing it and have it go off for even a second while playing and screw something up. I really should look into one of those uninterruptible power supplies for my tv and PS3, so I can game without fear of an outage mid game.

So, for now, I'm not playing ANY games and my PS3 is going to sit there off tempting me to play, since the power company said it could take anywhere from 5-10 days for someone to come out and check the lines.

So, it's looking like unless I go up my one buddies' house, I'm not going to be playin LBP for a WHILE.

If anyone has an extra Kratos code, it would be appreciated. It looks like Gamestop screwed me as I am still waiting for them to call me about my instore pickup.

When did you pre-order it though cause I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you only pre-ordered recently, they probably are fulfilling the earlier orders first.

Either that or you have one of the truly bad Gamestops on your hands there that will sell copies that most other stores kept for pre-orders only to walk-in customers. If they haven't called by now and you're seeing other people report getting their pre-order copies, I'd give them a call rather than wait for them to call you.

Seriously, what the hell is going on with the servers. You'd expect with a beta and soo much hype/pre-orders they would expect something like this would get a lot of traffic. It's supposed to be a fun multi/party type game and can't really do that now online. Grr...

I know what you mean. I'm getting to the point of where I'm bored with LBP. I don't have anyone else to play with right now locally so it's online or nothing for me. And right now it's nothing. I can only do so much in Story mode before I need help with getting 100% pickups.

[quote name='KingBroly']
Right before the Mist, there's a tree. Go behind it, and there it is.

As for the other poster, I'm looking it up as I type.

EDIT: For the help on Skate to Victory,
you get it by completing a tutorial on My Moon.
[/quote]

Thanks a ton KingBroly, that was really starting to bug me, never thought to go to My Moon. I will PM you the code after work today, gotta head out 'cause I am running late.

Why don't gamers have even the slightest bit of patience? Obviously this is a big release and MM / Sony are ironing it out so that these problems fade away. Today is technically day 1, Jesus, day 7 if you really are anal, of the game's release. A worldwide server system for a video game is a lot harder than "fix it". Just try to relax, damn.

yeah, I'm not complaining so I think people should enjoy what there is now and take the time to learn the tools and make stuff. to be honest with the servers down I've had time to work on my own things in the game which is nice.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Why don't gamers have even the slightest bit of patience? Obviously this is a big release and MM / Sony are ironing it out so that these problems fade away. Today is technically day 1, Jesus, day 7 if you really are anal, of the game's release. A worldwide server system for a video game is a lot harder than "fix it". Just try to relax, damn.[/QUOTE]Exactly, I know people who created an account to another region just to get a demo 5 hours earlier. I can understand if a game will take a while to come over, but a few hours?? That's one thing I have to admit I dislike about many gamers, is lack of patience. I knew for sure LBP would have issues online the first few days, but after a week everything will be fine.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, I'm not complaining so I think people should enjoy what there is now and take the time to learn the tools and make stuff. to be honest with the servers down I've had time to work on my own things in the game which is nice.[/QUOTE]I agree. I'm kind of playing slowly right now (I bought a few new games), but once servers are back up and fine, I'll start playing more (kind of like what I did to Wipeout HD until the patch came).

EDIT: If anyone wants a PS Eye for this game, it's on sale at Amazon now for $22.98:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201707

I already knew there would be server issues on day 1. I am a patient person when it comes to these things. But this does not excuse the fact that they KNEW something like this would happen and even had a beta stress test for the servers.

Even previous games (all platforms) has had server issues but not to the degree of what's happening now. Warhawk, MGO and even some MMO's (all within 2yrs) had a few hiccups but ran fairly smoothly.

[quote name='Psykodelik']I already knew there would be server issues on day 1. I am a patient person when it comes to these things. But this does not excuse the fact that they KNEW something like this would happen and even had a beta stress test for the servers.

Even previous games (all platforms) has had server issues but not to the degree of what's happening now. Warhawk, MGO and even some MMO's (all within 2yrs) had a few hiccups but ran fairly smoothly.[/QUOTE]The problem is that many server issues take a while to solve, and the beta test wasn't all too long ago. Normally servers are kind of setup where they cannot handle the initial run of people (I'll never forget it when GTA IV came out, on the weekend, everyone had their console freeze while being connected online due to server overload), but they figure that once they get over that hump, servers won't have problems (that's kind of true because investing in several servers are expensive, and by the time a game cools down, you'll have all these extra servers not needed).

[quote name='cdietschrun']Why don't gamers have even the slightest bit of patience? Obviously this is a big release and MM / Sony are ironing it out so that these problems fade away. Today is technically day 1, Jesus, day 7 if you really are anal, of the game's release. A worldwide server system for a video game is a lot harder than "fix it". Just try to relax, damn.[/quote]

Don't have a problem with them working out the kinks.

I DO have a problem with Circuit City not having the game in stock as of last night. One store had no clue as to whether they ever had the game in stock, the second store told me they never got the shipment. I bit the bullet and purchased it at Best Buy. I had a $15 of $100 for CC that I was going to use with Fallout 3, but I ended up just using a $5 of $50 for F3 and picking up LBP at Best Buy. I didn't feel like taking the chance on wasting another evening driving 20 miles to CC and having them not getting the shipment or being out of either game. What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is Circuit City running?

Whew, just needed to blow off steam. I am most frustrated with getting home so late that I didn't get a chance to play it. :cry: ;)

It doesn't look like I'm going to be playing online anytime soon as it stands, since I think the WiFi in my less than a year old PS3 went kablooie this morning on me. Mind you, I could lug the PS3 downstairs to where my router is and hook it up wired, but I've got a shitload of wires down here as it is now and it's a bit too dusty for the PS3.

So, short of having my dad stop by and drill a hole in the wall and one in my floor upstairs, I'm thinking I'm SOL as far as going online with the PS3 goes for now.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Don't have a problem with them working out the kinks.

I DO have a problem with Circuit City not having the game in stock as of last night. One store had no clue as to whether they ever had the game in stock, the second store told me they never got the shipment. I bit the bullet and purchased it at Best Buy. I had a $15 of $100 for CC that I was going to use with Fallout 3, but I ended up just using a $5 of $50 for F3 and picking up LBP at Best Buy. I didn't feel like taking the chance on wasting another evening driving 20 miles to CC and having them not getting the shipment or being out of either game. What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is Circuit City running?

Whew, just needed to blow off steam. I am most frustrated with getting home so late that I didn't get a chance to play it. :cry: ;)[/quote]

I agree with you about Circuit City. I'm seriously tempted to go to Gamestop and pickup a copy (my pre-order is still reserved).

On my Circuit City order is now says I should receive it between Nov. 7th and Nov. 13th. This is ridiculous! I sent them an email requesting to pick up at the store. No wonder they are going under....
Just last week I went to buy Rock Band 2 from them (since it was $10 cheaper), but no stores had it in stock on the release date. So, my business went to Best Buy (unfortantely) for a price match.
Sheesh.

Quick question, does anyone know how to get the red drag racing car from Mag's bonus level? The one where it drives automatically and you grab the sponge for a temporary boost? I didn't find it in the official guide anywhere and am wondering if it even exists as a goodie? Or did someone recreate it and know where I can find it? I'm dying to get it for one of my levels as it's a key component. Thanks all!

[quote name='dyeknom']Good gaming again Chibi, even though I was wayyyyy off my jumps. You got to see my neon helmet though![/quote]

It was good times. We should definitely do it again. Where did you get that helmet?

I'm only at 100% on the first world. I'm in the 90s every where else except the final world which is at mid-80s.

Edit: found the last items in World 2. I'm missing 3 items in The Wedding. I know where they are, just not how to get them:
Near the end, on top of the skeleton's hat in the background.
Little help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I feel like an idiot. I got 100% in the first area pretty quickly on the beta, but now I can not get 100% for the life of me on the Skate level. I know that I need that lion sticker so that I can get that one trigger thing, but good lord I'm at a loss.

I'm playing this game pretty slowly compared to a lot of you that have 100% on the game already.

If you're talking about the big skeleton in front of the bridge, what you want to do is go past it. Right past it, there are going to be some of those bouncy skeletons with spikes in them. Use those to make you're way up, but stick to the left. You'll see the platform you need to get to from there. Jump onto the brim of the hat and grab the stuff. I got the one all the way on the top of the hat by using the let side of the brim to boost me up. Hope this helps!

Chibi, are you talking about that big skeleton with the bouncy bridge in front of him? If so
go across the skeletons that open up when you get near them, then the last one is a launcher skeleton. Use the launcher to get on top of the skeletons you just passed and make your way back to the big skeleton. Then, to get the one on the top of his hap, get to the left and when he tilts his head jump to the top and grab the last one.

Where did you get that helmet?
From
acing the bunker
It is so bright, makes it easy to see the character :p

Edit: Totally wasn't paying attention, poster above me got it.

[quote name='cartman58']I can not get 100% for the life of me on the Skate level. I know that I need that lion sticker so that I can get that one trigger thing, but good lord I'm at a loss.
[/quote]
I thought you got the lion sticker from
the level creating tutorial, the fourth or so tutorial
not the skate for victory level. I could be wrong though, I went through the
tutorials
quickly.

I was on the online mode the other day and saw this pair of people who had some long, flowing hispanic dress and Incan style mask (iirc). It looked really cool. Yeah, way random... I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Psykodelik']I already knew there would be server issues on day 1. I am a patient person when it comes to these things. But this does not excuse the fact that they KNEW something like this would happen and even had a beta stress test for the servers.
[/quote]
I doubt they meant the "beta" to be a stress test for the servers. If they wanted to have a stress test it would have been completely open. What they did was nothing more than an early demo.

Thanks guys. I'm still missing one item from that level though, and I have no idea where it is. I'm also missing 2 on Boom Town and 1 from the Mines.
I have up through Boom Town aced.

[quote name='dyeknom']I thought you got the lion sticker from
the level creating tutorial, the fourth or so tutorial
not the skate for victory level. I could be wrong though, I went through the
tutorials
quickly.
[/quote]

That could be my problem. I'll give that a try.

OK, stupid question alert.....

I have only played about the first 2 levels since the wife and I spent a few hours messing around with our sack people and experimenting in the levels.

Do you unlock the level editor somewhere further along the story mode? Reason I ask is because I haven't seen that option anywhere on the start menu or in my pod.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It doesn't look like I'm going to be playing online anytime soon as it stands, since I think the WiFi in my less than a year old PS3 went kablooie this morning on me. Mind you, I could lug the PS3 downstairs to where my router is and hook it up wired, but I've got a shitload of wires down here as it is now and it's a bit too dusty for the PS3.

So, short of having my dad stop by and drill a hole in the wall and one in my floor upstairs, I'm thinking I'm SOL as far as going online with the PS3 goes for now.[/quote]
Find a cheap ethernet to wifi adapter. You can find one for $20 - $30.
If it is less than a year old, call Sony?

I do have one that's just sitting around though.

bread's done
Back