Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Sarrasis']I can't view this site at work, but the write-up at PS3 Fanboy sounds kinda cool...

http://www.littlebigworkshop.com/en-us/[/quote]

Thanks I was wondering when this would come out. I'm really looking forward to getting more into the level creation as time progresses. I've already re-upped my pocket rocket and stuff.

Sorry if this is in here somewhere, but a search of the thread isn't turning it up.

It looks like I need a sticker to get to Stripy Tail in the Savannah - anybody know which one and where it's found (in case I don't already have it) I can't find any I've got that seem to be the right shape to fit on the switch.

I published my first level. It's no where near finished yet, but if some of you wouldn't mind playing it and giving me some feedback, I'd appreciate it. It's called "Insert Witty Title Here" (haven't even thought of an appropriate title yet).

[quote name='jwiest']Sorry if this is in here somewhere, but a search of the thread isn't turning it up.

It looks like I need a sticker to get to Stripy Tail in the Savannah - anybody know which one and where it's found (in case I don't already have it) I can't find any I've got that seem to be the right shape to fit on the switch.[/quote]

In the underground level, when you have to bring the kid back to its mom? You don't need a sticker for that.

Yea, I found the sticker of the tail up above the club and I was thinking that was what I needed. Just now figured it out. Oops. :D

But...I still can't get into the tail sticker, but maybe I get that sticker later in the level and have to come back? I'm missing loads of those sticker switches. LOL

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Ugh, the controls are starting to frustrate me. The floatiness of it all.[/quote]
It's gotten to me to a bit. Sometimes he jumps high and sometimes he jumps half his normal jump, it's really weird. I wish they had made the controls a lot more tighter, like Mario games, that'd REALLY help out.

Heres my Rorschach Costume:
RoschachCostumeSack001.jpg
Is there a normal hat in the game?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Heres my Rorschach Costume:
Is there a normal hat in the game?[/quote]

I want that costume. :drool: Tips on how to make it, please? :)

There is a cowboy hat in the game, but I'm not sure if that can completely pass off as the hat that Rorschach wears.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I published my first level. It's no where near finished yet, but if some of you wouldn't mind playing it and giving me some feedback, I'd appreciate it. It's called "Insert Witty Title Here" (haven't even thought of an appropriate title yet).

In the underground level, when you have to bring the kid back to its mom? You don't need a sticker for that.[/quote]
logging on to play and heart it :)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Heres my Rorschach Costume:
Is there a normal hat in the game?[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Just make sure nobody sprays you with a sticker and ruins it...but I'm sure you have it saved already.

Ya I already saved it. A cowboy hat would do good, which level is that from? I have all but 3 levels 100% and aced.

Thanks for the costume praise =P I have an obsession with Rorschach, I was even him for Halloween.

MyRorschachcostume1.jpg

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ya I already saved it. A cowboy hat would do good, which level is that from? I have all but 3 levels 100% and aced.

Thanks for the costume praise =P I have an obsession with Rorschach, I was even him for Halloween.

MyRorschachcostume1.jpg
[/quote]

Have to ace Serpent Shrine to get the cowboy hat, I think. It's one of the canyon stages, for sure.

[quote name='Bavgate']Have to ace Serpent Shrine to get the cowboy hat, I think. It's one of the canyon stages, for sure.[/quote]

Yep just got it, Aced/100% the Canyons. Hats a little big... got to just ace/100% the Temples (91%) and The Wilderness (82%) than I got me a platinum trophy. Woot woot.

[quote name='dyeknom']I lack the acing of the final stage, the great oni and like... the first temple level >.<

Then the createalevel ones[/quote]

Sorry, my internet died and now I'm being forced to update the firmware to 2.52.

Please make comments or suggestions...

Altair from Assassin's Creed: I even put the scar on his lip... should I add blood on his sword?
233790066053_0_0.jpg

Leonidas:
233790095621_0_0.jpg

Super Ninja: I tried to improve the preset ninja suit. You can't tell from the photo, but I put alot of details in the face area. Texture, shadows and scars.
233790039813_0_0.jpg

My SackBoy:
233789987589_0_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck... been creating.. I want to unlock the rest of the stuff but need to find people to play online to get some of the mutli stuff...[/QUOTE]

Add me StarreyEyed - I'm all about unlocking some stuff :) I'm missing most of just the multi player stuff.

kay I'll add you later... prob won't be on till tomorrow... I'll post my custom costumes sometime as well... mostly original stuff and not based on anything but worth a look.

also, I'm kinda waiting for the play, create, share stats to finally be working... >_

[quote name='Left Hook']Please make comments or suggestions...

Altair from Assassin's Creed: I even put the scar on his lip... should I add blood on his sword?
233790066053_0_0.jpg

Leonidas:
233790095621_0_0.jpg

Super Ninja: I tried to improve the preset ninja suit. You can't tell from the photo, but I put alot of details in the face area. Texture, shadows and scars.
233790039813_0_0.jpg

My SackBoy:
233789987589_0_0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those look great. I dont want to sound stupid but did you make those? I didnt think we could make outfits. Let me know b/c those look sick. You got to make a level and give those away.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm still surprised a large majority of people don't realize stickers and decorations work on sackboys... why can't people understand that ???[/quote]

I wish it were easier to apply them to the bodies. The characters bob up and down and you can't make them look in the right direction for some of the sticker placements.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck... been creating.. I want to unlock the rest of the stuff but need to find people to play online to get some of the mutli stuff...[/quote]

Hey I'm usually online the same time as you so let me know if you're up for the multi stuff.

That's awesome, but man... it's going to take me long enough to build a cool level as it is. With imported images I'm going to go all OCD and explode.

I need to get some 3x and 4x things as well. Im looking mostly for costume stuff. If anybody is up for playing later tonight, Please add my name!

Usually on from 1 am to 5 am

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I need to get some 3x and 4x things as well. Im looking mostly for costume stuff. If anybody is up for playing later tonight, Please add my name!

Usually on from 1 am to 5 am[/quote]

Sure, I'll be on tonight if you want to play, I'm usually on around those times. Just updating my firmware right now. I haven't done any of the 2-4x items yet, so anyone else who needs those can add me as well.

[quote name='metaly']That's awesome, but man... it's going to take me long enough to build a cool level as it is. With imported images I'm going to go all OCD and explode.[/quote]
ya, kind of hope it doesn't get included. It's going to be if you don't have your own textures imported, than your level is automatically deducted 2 stars.

Is there a way to use a keyboard that doesn't bring another sackboy in? I don't know if they fixed it, but in beta when I used a keyboard I had to bring in another sack person.

*where is the trigger switch on the level before the last? The one that looks like a tree*

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Is there a way to use a keyboard that doesn't bring another sackboy in? I don't know if they fixed it, but in beta when I used a keyboard I had to bring in another sack person.

*where is the trigger switch on the level before the last? The one that looks like a tree*[/quote]

I use a keyboard and it doesn't bring in another sackperson.

Hmm weird, maybe my keyboard thinks its a controller.

Anyways, this game is reallly annoying sometimes. Sometimes, it takes weight into account in create mode which is really annoying, so I have an object attached to a piston which is attached to a big section via a wobble bolt. But the thing is so heavy that the wobble bolt doesn't function properly, it will just kind of fall back and forward instead of easing in and out of wobbling (like its suppose to) it just looks like its SO heavy that it cannot keep all that weight... if strength is set to 10 I don't want it struggling!!!!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hmm weird, maybe my keyboard thinks its a controller.

Anyways, this game is reallly annoying sometimes. Sometimes, it takes weight into account in create mode which is really annoying, so I have an object attached to a piston which is attached to a big section via a wobble bolt. But the thing is so heavy that the wobble bolt doesn't function properly, it will just kind of fall back and forward instead of easing in and out of wobbling (like its suppose to) it just looks like its SO heavy that it cannot keep all that weight... if strength is set to 10 I don't want it struggling!!!![/quote]

Also, to answer you question about the tree sticker, it's at the very beginning. Jump past the sponges that you grab on to go down. Stand back because it causes an explosion.

Yay. I'm getting another error when trying to connect to the LBP server(s). Either there's a shitload of people playing it online this morning or my internet just plain sucks.

I bet if I try playing GTA IV online though, I'll have zero issues. This spotty online server issue is really starting to piss me off.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hmm weird, maybe my keyboard thinks its a controller.

Anyways, this game is reallly annoying sometimes. Sometimes, it takes weight into account in create mode which is really annoying, so I have an object attached to a piston which is attached to a big section via a wobble bolt. But the thing is so heavy that the wobble bolt doesn't function properly, it will just kind of fall back and forward instead of easing in and out of wobbling (like its suppose to) it just looks like its SO heavy that it cannot keep all that weight... if strength is set to 10 I don't want it struggling!!!![/quote]

just use lighter materials. avoid stone and metal... cardboard is super light, and balloons are even lighter.

as for 3x and 4x items, I need em as well. I'll be on probably all night after 11pm today so drop me an invite if you see me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yay. I'm getting another error when trying to connect to the LBP server(s). Either there's a shitload of people playing it online this morning or my internet just plain sucks.

I bet if I try playing GTA IV online though, I'll have zero issues. This spotty online server issue is really starting to piss me off.[/quote]

Well, Europeans are starting to get their hands on it now. I will agree that Sony needs to get the servers for the game up to snuff, and fast.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']The free launch costumes/items haven't been put up yet have they? It's this week sometime right.[/quote]

Free stuff's supposed to run 11/6 to 11/19. So look for it tomorrow.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I use a keyboard and it doesn't bring in another sackperson.[/quote]

Hum.. I wonder if it has something to do with how the keyboard is configured.. I know that i get a 2nd player if my BUZZ! dongle is plugged in, and sometimes my Blu-ray remote triggers one.

I don't have a keyboard, so i'm not sure if it's just plug and play, or if you have to register it as one of your devices.

so does anyone around have the preorder codes for nariko and kratos they would be willing to share with me?? Also i could use some people to play online with, i only have one controller right now so i cant play local multiplayer :(

bread's done
Back