Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='KingBroly']Interesting word from my brother who's in law school. Legally, stuff with copyrighted material cannot be removed without the authority from the copyright holder.[/quote]

False.

The End User Licensing Agreement permits the service provider (as with every contract) the ability to remove whatever material they deem to violate their EULA... including the portion that includes the use of other people's intellectual property.

With your brother's logic... a company must promote a crime (copyright infringement) until they are forced to remove such content. Sorry mate, but from a logical and yes, legal, standpoint... he is incorrect :( A company may use its discretion to limit the content that passes through its service. Copyright infringement, however, may not be sued for except by the copyright holder or licensee :)

I noticed I can't see what levels people are playing in my friends list anymore. Did something change in the last couple hours?

[quote name='metaly']I noticed I can't see what levels people are playing in my friends list anymore. Did something change in the last couple hours?[/quote]
Servers went down.

[quote name='dyeknom']False.

The End User Licensing Agreement permits the service provider (as with every contract) the ability to remove whatever material they deem to violate their EULA... including the portion that includes the use of other people's intellectual property.

With your brother's logic... a company must promote a crime (copyright infringement) until they are forced to remove such content. Sorry mate, but from a logical and yes, legal, standpoint... he is incorrect :( A company may use its discretion to limit the content that passes through its service. Copyright infringement, however, may not be sued for except by the copyright holder or licensee :)[/quote]

Well clearly I didn't give him all the facts because I don't care to read the EULA every single time I boot up an online PS3 game (WARHAWK)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Darkness's levels needs to get its credit due... I still consider my work more crappy than his :lol:

yous gots tuh promote![/quote]

Shit man, you're the celeb! I see your pug face on every blog! Hopefully this will bring some traffic into your level and eventually get it on the front page...

I love your character making abilities. Hope we can work on a level together soon; cause I am really losing drive to make another one...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Shit man, you're the celeb! I see your pug face on every blog! Hopefully this will bring some traffic into your level and eventually get it on the front page...

I love your character making abilities. Hope we can work on a level together soon; cause I am really losing drive to make another one...[/quote]

same here... losing the drive as well.. I still wish you could share custom costumes >_< I understand why not but oh well...

You've got to do Fillmore act 1 so you can have the walking trees!!

Actually just recreate every stage in the game, with simulation levels in between! :lol: And napper bats!!!!! :whee:

I love ActRaiser. :drool:

Have you guys tried that weird Victorian Guy levels (forgot the exact name but I think they are Victorian Guys Nightmare or something)
It has weird, eerie level designs, but the gameplay is solid

Wow, Actraiser.. i haven't played that game since like it came out lol I don't even remember it except it was good, lol

And on a side note, does anyone know what the 1.04 patch added?

[quote name='metaly']You've got to do Fillmore act 1 so you can have the walking trees!!

Actually just recreate every stage in the game, with simulation levels in between! :lol: And napper bats!!!!! :whee:

I love ActRaiser. :drool:[/quote]

Good lord, my head hurts just thinking of how to do the simulation parts... :lol:

Hi -
I have 4-5 them BB codes to give out.
Would really like the BB gal costume in trade, but understand her code was hard to come by...
So pm me for the codes ... off to run errands but should respond today.

Codes sent to
bigdsinferno
Owen
DarkNessBear
SteveGo

Still seeking Nariko ... or the outfit from Wally's...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='freakyzeeky']Good lord, my head hurts just thinking of how to do the simulation parts... :lol:[/quote]
Jetpacks...:lol:
The ground could be the... bottommost layer.

Now that I'm thinking about it... it would probably be possible to do something that at least resembled it.

I just clicked on an ad for LBP from Gamefaqs and it took me to a site called LittleBigWorkshop.com.

It has a bunch of YouTube videos on it showing you how to do certain things in the game. You can also look up your PSN name on there to see if it can locate you.

I may go back there and watch some of the videos to learn how to do some of these things.

the duck hunt level and gradius level:

how do they get it to work? I still havent gotten to figure this out... please show me since I can't seem to understand descriptions...

I'm really impressed with what people are doing with this game. I haven't touched the creation portion yet (not far in the game itself yet either) but I'm really glad I picked this up new instead of waiting for it on goozex. Some of the levels our members have made are pretty damn good already and I see a lot of promise for the future. I know it was mentioned a while back, but I will put it out there again: Will we have a thread catalogging member creations?

Also, I was playing with someone online in the first wedding level and it was unplayable with lag.. is that an ongoing problem at the moment?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'm thinking of creating an ActRaiser level in LBP... For all you ActRaiser fans, what level do you guys suggest I should create? :D[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh that sounds good, I need to replay actraiser, all I can remember is the first level.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the duck hunt level and gradius level:

how do they get it to work? I still havent gotten to figure this out... please show me since I can't seem to understand descriptions...[/quote]

Do you mean the flying part or the enclosing in the space ship part?

They are using a grab switch tied to an emitter for the lasers. They enclose the player into the "ship" behind the glass, and use the jetpack at maximum range to "switch" jetpack spawns. You can remove the jetpack and your ship just drops straight down to base (where the enemies are tied to) and it scrolls you along....

[quote name='dyeknom']Do you mean the flying part or the enclosing in the space ship part?

They are using a grab switch tied to an emitter for the lasers. They enclose the player into the "ship" behind the glass, and use the jetpack at maximum range to "switch" jetpack spawns. You can remove the jetpack and your ship just drops straight down to base (where the enemies are tied to) and it scrolls you along....[/quote]

ok... I think I get it now... it's more about the layered parts behind each other that broke my mind.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Soooo...I'm stuck in the story mode. I'm going to describe the part as the spinning death trap/maze.[/quote]

Keep trying... you'll eventually learn what's next in that 'maze' and you'll do fine... Now aceing that level is a whole 'nother thing. I just aced it myself, and it wasn't too easy to say the least. :)

[quote name='Dingleberry']Soooo...I'm stuck in the story mode. I'm going to describe the part as the spinning death trap/maze.[/quote]

I think I know which level you're talking about. That one is a major pain in the ass. I've gone through it with friends, but never could make it on my own.

It's the giant, constantly turning maze, right? That one is a huge pain to get through.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Keep trying... you'll eventually learn what's next in that 'maze' and you'll do fine... Now aceing that level is a whole 'nother thing. I just aced it myself, and it wasn't too easy to say the least. :)[/quote]

I get mad enough just trying to make it through the maze let alone ace it.

I already have 100% on all story levels but i dont see myself aceing everything.A controller might get broke in the process if i try to ace it.

So where would one go such as myself who hasn't been keeping up on the really good levels and wants to play them? I keep checking the front page and they still have the shitty trophy levels and the like up there.

Does anyone have a "Play" "Create" or "Share" rating?
When the servers first went live I had some, but it's been 0 0 0 ever since.

[quote name='mguiddy']Does anyone have a "Play" "Create" or "Share" rating?
When the servers first went live I had some, but it's been 0 0 0 ever since.[/quote]

Same here... I don't think I ever saw a number above 0 whatsoever. :\

How do you go directly to someone's levels if they're not in your friend's list?

I'd like to play through some of these but I don't think I understand how to find 'em.

[quote name='bmachine']How do you go directly to someone's levels if they're not in your friend's list?

I'd like to play through some of these but I don't think I understand how to find 'em.[/quote]

You go the middle planet and there is an option to play online there you will see in there right an option to search so you can write down the level name and it will search for it.

By the way I got the share trophy, if people can help me I have a level called Atus Purgatorio, if you can play it and heart I can do the same for you! :cool:

[quote name='Yoh']You go the middle planet and there is an option to play online there you will see in there right an option to search so you can write down the level name and it will search for it.[/quote]

Ah, OK...I thought I had done that and it only brought up some tags to search by. I'll try again. Thanks!

I just beat that one on Saturday after about twenty tries. What I ended up doing was "cheating" the platforming parts. I walked mostly on the ceilings. It's pretty easy to get all the way to the second-to-last outer layer by grabbing onto platforms and waiting til they are overhead the non-electrified "ceiling" of each ring. The tricky part is to wait until the exit with the outer checkpoint is at about 10 o'clock and then jumping onto the outermost ring, walking at 12 o'clock until reaching the last exit. By standing just a shade left of the big arrow pointing to the exit, my Sackboy would fall safely down and only have to jump through two platforms to exit the ring.

I had to resort to that strategy because I can't do repeated jumps at all.

[quote name='mguiddy']Does anyone have a "Play" "Create" or "Share" rating?
When the servers first went live I had some, but it's been 0 0 0 ever since.[/quote]

Yah, I dunno wtf happened. Media Molecule doesn't give a shit about their game... I was thinking that the costume purchases were their way of getting "monthly pay" sort of like an MMORPG. That's why I bought a costume, to support them so they will update the game more. But they dont give a SHIT.

That PLAY CREATE SHARE thing is down (worked in beta) and the MY PICTURES selection thing doesn't even work. Also MY NEWS is never updated...

man i have one last one on dancers' court too...it's the one that's down one row and over 5. between the arm and the turbin. any help please?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yah, I dunno wtf happened. Media Molecule doesn't give a shit about their game... I was thinking that the costume purchases were their way of getting "monthly pay" sort of like an MMORPG. That's why I bought a costume, to support them so they will update the game more. But they dont give a SHIT.

That PLAY CREATE SHARE thing is down (worked in beta) and the MY PICTURES selection thing doesn't even work. Also MY NEWS is never updated...[/quote]

the My Pictures does work.. I thought it didn't but it does. Take a pic, go to stickers, choose the pick with square and it says you can upload... it'll eventually show up on the My Pictures. it's weird that it works the way it does but whatever.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the My Pictures does work.. I thought it didn't but it does. Take a pic, go to stickers, choose the pick with square and it says you can upload... it'll eventually show up on the My Pictures. it's weird that it works the way it does but whatever.[/quote]

Oh... weird. At least it works. What's the point of it?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh... weird. At least it works. What's the point of it?[/quote]

I think they want you to be able to keep some pictures private without them being uploaded to the server immediatley.

Anyways does anyone else freeze up 80% of the time they play online? I just updated to 1.4 too

The girlfriend and I have been working on a Christmas level. It won't be very challenging, but it'll cater to families with kids. The ambiance/esthetics of the level will be what make the level worth actually looking at. I can't guarantee some amazing level with awesome contraptions though. Just a level to get you in the Holiday mood, hopefully.

If I see that there is any interest I'll post more in the next day or two when we finish it up.

[quote name='cartman58']The girlfriend and I have been working on a Christmas level. It won't be very challenging, but it'll cater to families with kids. The ambiance/esthetics of the level will be what make the level worth actually looking at. I can't guarantee some amazing level with awesome contraptions though. Just a level to get you in the Holiday mood, hopefully.

If I see that there is any interest I'll post more in the next day or two when we finish it up.[/quote]
*raises hand*
I'm interested in checking it out.

that gives me a good idea cartman58, i doubt i would go and create it but sackboy's decorating a christmas tree could be interesting. :eek:

[quote name='fatez']that gives me a good idea cartman58, i doubt i would go and create it but sackboy's decorating a christmas tree could be interesting. :eek:[/quote]

Yea, With the materials and items available, it's possible to make a solid Christmas set-up. We've got the basic structure of this one laid out. Today will be us, well...my girlfriend, doing more decorating.

bread's done
Back