Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

yay! beat... still looking for the last hidden diamond. I love the new gun :) makes me super happy and stuffs!

I oddly enough am enjoying the game more right now than when it launched, which was a predication I made but didn't believe.

Oh, right. Forgot about him (or her as the case may be). Looks great with the "!" above their head.

What's really cool with the level pack is that at least one level changes the second time you play it.

I aced Act 5. The only way I see myself getting it in under 2:30 is by having 4 people. It's that final part of the battle that always gets me.

Also, Virtual Survivor is insane to get. 2-4 players is necessary. I have a high score of 2,422 by myself, and last I checked, no one was close by themselves.

It's a pretty neat pack, worth the $6. I still have to find all the Prize Bubbles, especially on the Prologue (I need 3 others to help me with that). I screwed up in not putting the Festive Pack along with it so I am going to have to spend an extra $2 minimum to get it :(

[quote name='KingBroly']I aced Act 5. The only way I see myself getting it in under 2:30 is by having 4 people. It's that final part of the battle that always gets me.

Also, Virtual Survivor is insane to get. 2-4 players is necessary. I have a high score of 2,422 by myself, and last I checked, no one was close by themselves.

It's a pretty neat pack, worth the $6. I still have to find all the Prize Bubbles, especially on the Prologue (I need 3 others to help me with that). I screwed up in not putting the Festive Pack along with it so I am going to have to spend an extra $2 minimum to get it :([/quote]

I got all the prize bubbles in the prolouge by myself. It only took 2 tries.

But, I agree with the other two. If you guys need help, let me know.

I also need help on 40 paintball shots in 5 seconds. 4 players are required for that one obviously. Oh, and for finishing Act 3 with less than 125 shots, you have to do it by yourself basically.

I am up for playing around 10 or so, though. I need my hand to rest after trying the VR Survivor Challenge about 15 times in a row.

So playing around with the paintinator in my moon shows that you can set the Paintinator stations to give only limited amounts of ammo and that it'll show how much you have left on the bar on the gun.

I'm definitely liking the new Plasma ball and missile hazards.

However, with all this new weaponry, I still hope they don't turn LBP into something too violent.

[quote name='OatmealMu']So I tried to use a sticker from the MGS pack while playing with other people and it wouldn't let me. Something about ownership rights.[/QUOTE]
Uh oh. I'm not liking this.

I'm trying to collect all the items in the last two worlds (collector and the one prior).

Anyone who would like to spend a moment to help can shoot me an invite in about 5 minutes.

Ugh. There are some amazingly inept/dumb motherfuckers that play this game.

I'm more likely to catch lilboo fuckin' a woman than I am to find someone who can properly do the 2-player section in the great magicians palace.

I managed to get all the MGS trophies already. I still need Play and Create though.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm trying to collect all the items in the last two worlds (collector and the one prior).

Anyone who would like to spend a moment to help can shoot me an invite in about 5 minutes.[/quote]

Sorry I rejected your invite earlier. I was in a game with someone else already.

no worries, josh.

I know it's tough, Broly. That said, people should be able to grasp *how* it's done, even if they can't execute it well. I can forgive a lack of skill, but I can't forgive an abundance of idiocy.

I want to play online with you guys...teach me how...

Just friend requested you myke.... Western_Owl...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']I can't find the last diamond in Act 4 of the MGS pack.[/quote]

At the last SackCannon (I think it's the second), wait for it to be angled as low as possible before stepping on to it. It should launch you under the platform to land in an area with the last VR training target.

If anyone is having trouble shooting 40 paintballs in 5 seconds, I made a quick little level to help people out. Its my first level ever, so its not very nice looking but it did help me get the trophy. My PSN account name is GonzoMoe; its my only level so you should see it easily. Oh and please heart me and the level so I can get my create trophy.

[quote name='KingBroly']I need someone else to help me get QuickFire Artiste. Maybe even 2-3 other people.[/QUOTE]

I'll help... :O
I need that trophy too.

[quote name='KingBroly']I need someone else to help me get QuickFire Artiste. Maybe even 2-3 other people.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it only counts your own shots, so everyone has to do it individually. I was trying to help someone earlier, and it didn't seem to work.

Man, that sucks about QuickFire artiste. Everything else can be done with 2+ players, why not that!? I'll never be able to get it now :(

Yeah, but that one's going to be the bane of my existence when I play LBP until I get it, because it's the only one I need.

Also, I think my MGS pack progress reset again, because when I went back to the XMB, it had Snake as my Sackboy, and if you were there at the end, you know it was Nariko.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, but that one's going to be the bane of my existence when I play LBP until I get it, because it's the only one I need.

Also, I think my MGS pack progress reset again, because when I went back to the XMB, it had Snake as my Sackboy, and if you were there at the end, you know it was Nariko.[/quote]

mine reset as well and I had to re-unlock stuff... weird.

artiste tophee is easy: just hold the controller with your left hand and spaz out on R1 with your right index finger of your right hand.

This may seem like an odd question, I haven't been really keeping up with a lot of LBP news as of late, but do the MGS levels spoil any of the story from MGS4? I've only played through the first act on it so far.

So, I got everything in the MGS pack and aced all the levels. Wee, that was awesome! Love the gun. Working on Little Dead Space 2 atm... agh, I can't believe I am doing this again -_- so much work. Spent like 4-5 hours on the beggining, which someone can run through in 30 seconds.

woohoo. Got the items in the great magician's palace.

Have everything except for the multiplayer items in 3 of the collector levels. They're all X4, so it may take some time to get them.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So, I got everything in the MGS pack and aced all the levels. Wee, that was awesome! Love the gun. Working on Little Dead Space 2 atm... agh, I can't believe I am doing this again -_- so much work. Spent like 4-5 hours on the beggining, which someone can run through in 30 seconds.[/quote]

DeadSpace...2? wth? Am I missing something?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! I AM MISSING SOMETHING!

Anyone interested in LBP MGS Level+costume pack im gamesharing it for $2.85, pm me.
Not only does the game sell poorly but people are gamesharing the DLC. What an awesome way of supporting a developer we all enjoy.

[quote name='Zyzomys']Not only does the game sell poorly but people are gamesharing the DLC. What an awesome way of supporting a developer we all enjoy.[/quote]

It sold poorly? Really? In this bad economy, I'm shocked anything is selling.

Mind you, I'd never heard of MM until I found out about this game, so I have no opinion of them.

[quote name='dyeknom']I wish i had bought this pack earlier, so I could partake in the trophy mongering :)[/quote]

Don't worry, there are people like me who haven't bought it yet. I plan to probably buy it this afternoon or on Friday (whenever I get a chance) and then we can trophy monger ;)

I actually have never played online and only offline with the wife.

[quote name='Zyzomys']Not only does the game sell poorly but people are gamesharing the DLC. What an awesome way of supporting a developer we all enjoy.[/quote]

okay then, everyone interested in a couple of levels and a few costumes feel free to go ahead and pay $12 for them especially when sony gave us gamesharing for this reason.

Hopefully some of you guys are around on Friday to help me through some of these 2x, 3x, and 4x player trophies and the online (4 friends, etc) trophies...

Loving this so far. Need some people to friend me (Western_Owl) so we can play together!

the metal gear solid levels are awesome so far... although the paintinator is a little stiff to control at times. for some reason everything shows up in the littlebigstore section besides nariko. anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='KingBroly']DeadSpace...2? wth? Am I missing something?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! I AM MISSING SOMETHING![/quote]

Ahaha, what are you missing?

Hey Darkness how you get those extra costumes? Spidey,batman,pikachu was funny

I made em. All by myself! But there are levels that teach you how to make them. But for Batman I recommend using zaf's body it works really well even has a bat symbol.

I can finally save again. I deleted some community items so I can save again. I wonder why you can only have so many items saved at once though? And I found out that 1.06 doesn't tell you you've maxed out on community items. So...they screwed up somewhere. I'm still forced to do the MGS levels again, but at least this time they'll count.

Just played the dead space level. That was really great, if a little short. I'm glad you're making a sequel darkness but this time I doubt it will end up being a to be continued situation considering the amount of effort you put into each little bit of the level. Can't wait and I'll be picking up the metal gear levels once I can spend some of this christmas cash on a psn card.

bread's done
Back