Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

In create mode how do I do the following (I'm such a NEWB on this stuff):

1) I have clouds - how do I keep them in the sky
2) How do I change the background from a blank slate after I've finished making my level?

looking to start a group for the party person trophy so far its just me any one else need it? and i need some help collecting the prize bubbles any one wanna help?

I will probably have my first level up tonight sometime if some CAGs wanna run through it to tell me how much it sucks, heart it, and help me get the last few trophies...

[quote name='jonlubbe']In online multiplayer, the prize bubbles i have collected will always show up as empty prize bubbles even if the other players have not collected them. Do your kids have a different Ps3 account from you? or is each player on the same account?[/QUOTE]

Different accounts, but of course we are playing together on the same machine - so maybe in that case it shows any prize bubbles that any player in the group has not collected. One way I could test this for sure would be to play the level (where I know we missed one the other day) by myself and then again with my daughter and see if there's a difference.

[quote name='Wlogan31']accepted you as a friend. that level was an online level called Re-Color by ZX497 i believe. Good level.

Also, in regards to the lag. I have experienced a LOT (I have a poor connection sometimes), but if you let everyone get INTO the game and chill for 5 secs the lag usually goes away (it just lags getting everyone together).

I have been playing through this game w/ my girlfriend and we are loving it. She wants to finish playing everything together before we get extras with others (which is why I keep bailing on certain levels jonlubbe, but i will need your help w/ some later!)[/QUOTE]

Nice. I will check that level out, and yours when you publish it. I published something embarassingly terrible, just to get the publish trophy :(

Working on a "real" level now, though. It will hopefully be good and MGS-themed.

io - shipwreck mentioned something about how LBP acts funny about multiple accounts and percentages. I think ship went thru the first level and got everything and when Mrs. Ship went thru everything was already gotten. So items are accumulated you can't get them yourself.

Also from what i can tell items will show based on what you have. So for instance I was playing a metal gear level which I'd never played but the others I was playing with had already done. To them the bubbles appeared empty (i gather) but to me they appeared new.

[quote name='Wlogan31']I'm potentially interested in building a level with you - that would make it MUCH easier and we could nab a few trophies too...

friend request me - Western_Owl[/quote]

As far as I know, you can't build levels with people online yet.

[quote name='Wlogan31']In create mode how do I do the following (I'm such a NEWB on this stuff):

1) I have clouds - how do I keep them in the sky
2) How do I change the background from a blank slate after I've finished making my level?[/quote]

1) You have to attach it to something. The dark matter material floats in the air, so it's probably the best.
2) I think if you go to the tools in the poppit, it's in there.

I have a vehicle I found in someones level. It has 3 wheels that look like razor blades. It's triangle shaped and you ride in the middle of it.

I want to make a level where you drive through a hoarde of zombies. What material would I use to make the zombies dissapear/die when they get hit the razor wheels? Nothing I've tried is working. It just rolls over 'em. :(

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']Ugh, right now I am at the wheel in " The Bunker" it kills me. I will eventually beat it though, well hopefully at least.[/quote]

I hate that level. I've gotten to that part at least a couple dozen times, if not more and that is where I always die. I don't think I'll ever beat it. I've given up and skipped it.

[quote name='HowStern']I have a vehicle I found in someones level. It has 3 wheels that look like razor blades. It's triangle shaped and you ride in the middle of it.

I want to make a level where you drive through a hoarde of zombies. What material would I use to make the zombies dissapear/die when they get hit the razor wheels? Nothing I've tried is working. It just rolls over 'em. :([/quote]

try hiding a trigger on the vehicle (like one of those green ones) and putting invisible triggers on every single zombie so that when the detonator/trigger get close the zombies dissolve...

[quote name='ChibiJosh']As far as I know, you can't build levels with people online yet.

1) You have to attach it to something. The dark matter material floats in the air, so it's probably the best.
2) I think if you go to the tools in the poppit, it's in there.[/quote]

thanks - i'm an idiot for not noticing the background thing and that dark matter stuff is marvelous...

[quote name='Wlogan31']try hiding a trigger on the vehicle (like one of those green ones) and putting invisible triggers on every single zombie so that when the detonator/trigger get close the zombies dissolve...[/quote]

Nice! Thanks! :) That sounds like it will work perfect. Now I just need to think of cool stuff for the rest of the level!

I just got home and odds are that nobody is online right now, but I'm gonna ask anyway:

Is anyone else having problems connecting? I haven't been able to "log-in" all day...

DNS error: 80710102

Man, I was trying to get the trophy where you go through all of the tutorials in create mode and I have gone over each one to make sure and yet no trophy. Am I missing something? This kind of pissed me off.

[quote name='sotc1988']Man, I was trying to get the trophy where you go through all of the tutorials in create mode and I have gone over each one to make sure and yet no trophy. Am I missing something? This kind of pissed me off.[/quote]

Scroll through the items etc in the Square button menus and you should see some that have little ? or ! or something that are green... these items have their own tutorials...

Just published my first level...

It is pretty awful but I'd really appreciate some CAG play-throughs and hearts so I could get the rest of these trophies...

Level is titled "A for Effort?"

[quote name='SOLDIER']Quick question. How do you use voice chat in this game?[/QUOTE]

Just talk into your mic? if you have your system setup to recognize your mic, it should just work. I don't think i did anything special to make it work, besides plugging it in.

(using my PSEye camera as my primary mic, as it sits on my desk near my screen)

[quote name='jonlubbe']Just talk into your mic? if you have your system setup to recognize your mic, it should just work. I don't think i did anything special to make it work, besides plugging it in.

(using my PSEye camera as my primary mic, as it sits on my desk near my screen)[/QUOTE]

Ah - this was my question. So the PSEye actually works as a mic in game, eh? Now I'm wondering how things went when my kids played a bunch of online levels with the mic sitting there set to on? :rofl:. I'm sure the people they played with were in for a treat.

I set up the Eye as a mic because we did a video chat with my Dad (who also just got a PS3 and I sent him a cheap Eye from GS).

Or are there additional settings in LBP to control mic source and whatnot?

Anyway, I think I'm going to go play now - maybe make a level... My kids spent all day making one. When they get it to a point where it can actually be completed I'll let you guys know what it is. They'd appreciate the hearts even if it isn't the greatest thing out there ;).

Oh, and I did go on earlier and heart everyone on my (still small) friend's list.

[quote name='io']Ah - this was my question. So the PSEye actually works as a mic in game, eh? Now I'm wondering how things went when my kids played a bunch of online levels with the mic sitting there set to on? :rofl:. I'm sure the people they played with were in for a treat.

I set up the Eye as a mic because we did a video chat with my Dad (who also just got a PS3 and I sent him a cheap Eye from GS).

Or are there additional settings in LBP to control mic source and whatnot?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, your sackperson's mouth flaps when you speak, if you are looking for it, it should be fairly easy to tell if your mic is on. I know from the start menu, you can mute people if you want to, but i think all of your mic sensitivity stuff is all through the ps3 system configuration menu. (accessories? Chat?)

I will have to look in game to see what type of voice options you have, but none of them are documented in the game manual, which seemed like an oversight.

Will do today! :)

[quote name='Wlogan31']I'm potentially interested in building a level with you - that would make it MUCH easier and we could nab a few trophies too...

friend request me - Western_Owl[/quote]

[quote name='jonlubbe']Yeah, your sackperson's mouth flaps when you speak, if you are looking for it, it should be fairly easy to tell if your mic is on. I know from the start menu, you can mute people if you want to, but i think all of your mic sensitivity stuff is all through the ps3 system configuration menu. (accessories? Chat?)

I will have to look in game to see what type of voice options you have, but none of them are documented in the game manual, which seemed like an oversight.[/quote]
Just pause the game and there is options to turn the chat on/off and some other things like voice change i think.

[quote name='Wolfkin']io - shipwreck mentioned something about how LBP acts funny about multiple accounts and percentages. I think ship went thru the first level and got everything and when Mrs. Ship went thru everything was already gotten. So items are accumulated you can't get them yourself.

Also from what i can tell items will show based on what you have. So for instance I was playing a metal gear level which I'd never played but the others I was playing with had already done. To them the bubbles appeared empty (i gather) but to me they appeared new.[/quote]

Who ever is first player is the person the game goes by. This means if person A goes through the level and gets everything the only way person B can get everything is if they start their account up and launch the game. I believe it is based on the account. Hope that makes sense.

Does anyone have tips for getting past "The Collector" - "The Bunker", I can get all the way to the wheel, the last part of it too. Everytime though, I die, so are there any tips/tricks?​

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']
Does anyone have tips for getting past "The Collector" - "The Bunker", I can get all the way to the wheel, the last part of it too. Everytime though, I die, so are there any tips/tricks?​
[/quote]

You can get to the bottom of the wheel pretty easily by running along at the top of the spin, but the last part can be a pain in the butt. I used the same method, and ended up dropping right into the hole, but that was luck. The last part is a pain, just have well timed jumps and dont fall behind as the wheel starts going back up.

2 hours ago I started making my level, time flew....

Anyways, Im nowhere near done, but it is still alot of fun. I'll be sure to fill you guys in once its done, but keep in mind it is my first level so it wont be the best...

I found a stack of these LBP codes at Best Buy by the Rock Band display. I was excited, thinking that they were the Nariko presale codes, but it turns out that they are just an exclusive Nariko LBP theme. I saw some jerk on E-Bay trying to sell them for 2 bucks. I don't know who is more stupid - the guy selling them or whoever would pay that much for them. Anyways, I got my theme and here are the rest of the codes (for free):

LPH5-BPBL-R4CJ
6TMB-P2BM-FJP2
FAD2-CJBB-EAK5
BBKR-KRB2-BEC3
5HCA-C2BG-GG28
BATQ-BMBE-NJCQ
CJJG-M4B5-H8TP

[quote name='gsgtpepper']I found a stack of these LBP codes at Best Buy by the Rock Band display. I was excited, thinking that they were the Nariko presale codes, but it turns out that they are just an exclusive Nariko LBP theme. I saw some jerk on E-Bay trying to sell them for 2 bucks. I don't know who is more stupid - the guy selling them or whoever would pay that much for them. Anyways, I got my theme and here are the rest of the codes (for free):

LPH5-BPBL-R4CJ
6TMB-P2BM-FJP2
FAD2-CJBB-EAK5
BBKR-KRB2-BEC3
5HCA-C2BG-GG28
BATQ-BMBE-NJCQ
CJJG-M4B5-H8TP[/quote]

First one is gone. Thanks!

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']
[/quote]

It's really just practice. Only real tip I have is to stay in the very bottom when you're trying to jump...too far to the left and you won't be able to jump high enough to clear everything...too far to the right and you'll miss the hole and just get shocked.

[quote name='gsgtpepper']I found a stack of these LBP codes at Best Buy by the Rock Band display. I was excited, thinking that they were the Nariko presale codes, but it turns out that they are just an exclusive Nariko LBP theme. I saw some jerk on E-Bay trying to sell them for 2 bucks. I don't know who is more stupid - the guy selling them or whoever would pay that much for them. Anyways, I got my theme and here are the rest of the codes (for free):

LPH5-BPBL-R4CJ
6TMB-P2BM-FJP2
FAD2-CJBB-EAK5
BBKR-KRB2-BEC3
5HCA-C2BG-GG28
BATQ-BMBE-NJCQ
CJJG-M4B5-H8TP[/quote]

Used the FAD2-CJBB-EAK5 code. Thanks, gsgtpepper!

I think all of the codes might be dead now. Tried all the codes, starting from the bottom until I hit a live one. Only one I didn't check was the second one.

Western_Owl (me) just published a 2nd crappy level in hopes of eventually earning the Create trophy...

Heart me/my level and tell me and I'll do the same for you

[quote name='gsgtpepper']

LPH5-BPBL-R4CJ
6TMB-P2BM-FJP2
FAD2-CJBB-EAK5
BBKR-KRB2-BEC3
5HCA-C2BG-GG28
BATQ-BMBE-NJCQ
CJJG-M4B5-H8TP[/QUOTE]

Well, just to save everyone time I tried the 3 that weren't claimed via the posts above and all were taken. Clearly, I don't mind missing out if I just got beat to the codes but it pisses me off when lurkers take stuff like this and don't post about it and then I waste time entering them. :bomb:

Thanks for the post, though - free stuff is always appreciated at CAG ;).

[quote name='io']Well, just to save everyone time I tried the 3 that weren't claimed via the posts above and all were taken. Clearly, I don't mind missing out if I just got beat to the codes but it pisses me off when lurkers take stuff like this and don't post about it and then I waste time entering them. :bomb:

Thanks for the post, though - free stuff is always appreciated at CAG ;).[/quote]

Code on the way...

If you want to check out a level from a developer besides MM, Dylan Cuthbert (Q Games, PixelJunk developers) mentioned that he has two levels published:

I have two worlds published and both are devilishly difficult I am afraid to say (as some people say PixelJunk games are I hear!). Try them out for yourselves- > search for Comfy Sofa World and Gion Festival.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/01/happy-new-year-from-q-games-in-kyoto/comment-page-1/

Gion Festival's not complete yet, but he's letting people try it out anyway. I haven't tried them out yet, so feel free to post impressions on how they are.

If anyone has another Kratos code I have a buddy who would very much appreciate it. After seeing how cool it was on me hes been calling gamestops and such to try and find the code but hasnt had any luck.

I have a question for all the dual shock 3 owners. When your controller rumbles, does the right side of your controller rumble stronger than the left or is it even? I just noticed this when I was playing LBP. When I pick up a bubble I barely feel the rumble on the left side of my controller.

all rumble pads are built with the right side weighing more

7.jpg

this is so that your left arm feels the same as your right due to if your a righty or lefty. hope that helps.

Wow, I've been out of touch with the CAGcast for a while and just listened to the pre-Christmas show (my first since Sept. or so). I can't believe how much all three (Cheapy, Wombat, and Ship) bagged on this game.

I may have said this before but this is the first game in a long time (besides Animal Crossing for the Wii) that has gotten my 11 year-old daughter to play games again. I even just ordered a fourth controller from Amazon so we can all play together. My two sons also only want to play this and nothing else (poor 360 hasn't been turned on in a week :lol:). I tried to get them to try another game on the PS3 and they played Motorstorm for about 15 minutes and then wanted to go back to LBP. Incredible game - worth every review point it has gotten Ship ;). (Though I do agree with the mushy controls relative to Mario - but you get used to that).

If anyone needs any help getting multiplayer orbs or anything just friend me and invite me. I finally had time yesterday to finish everything 100% (including completing all levels without dying). Now I can devote my time to actually creating a GOOD level so I can get those last couple trophies...

some dude sent me 3-4 messages on PSN today asking me to heart him as a player.

If that's you, or if you're doing that to someone else, fuck off. It's fucking beyond rude.

[quote name='mykevermin']some dude sent me 3-4 messages on PSN today asking me to heart him as a player.

If that's you, or if you're doing that to someone else, fuck off. It's fucking beyond rude.[/quote]

?

I have you on my friends list and I haven't sent any messages like that... If I did (which I won't) I certainly wouldn't send more than 1 to someone... Calm down man...

[quote name='Wlogan31']?

I have you on my friends list and I haven't sent any messages like that... If I did (which I won't) I certainly wouldn't send more than 1 to someone... Calm down man...[/QUOTE]

wasn't you. You posted in here, which is fine. To some people messages might be fine as well. 3 in an hour is *spam*. And you can fuck off and die for spam. I say that very sincerely, and, might I add, very calmly.

[quote name='mykevermin']wasn't you. You posted in here, which is fine. To some people messages might be fine as well. 3 in an hour is *spam*. And you can fuck off and die for spam. I say that very sincerely, and, might I add, very calmly.[/quote]

Got ya - thought you were accusing me. Admittedly I was out of line before for trophy whoring in the thread, but I didn't stoop to that level.

For the record - I agree w/ you.

bread's done
Back