LittleBigPlanet (PS3-PAL) $22, (USA) $25 [OOS] and More GoGamer Madness!

Yep, I missed out on the US LBP for 24 bucks too. It's (1) up to 49.90 and (2) not in stock. Bummer. Thanks for the heads up, though. I'm just slow to react.

I ordered one and it went through but then I got the OOS message "backorder" Do you think I will still get one once they restock?

Finally some good PC games...

Picked up:

Call of Juarez
Evil Genius

Would have wanted Settlers but it appeared OOS last night, didn't think that they could have restocked.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Ok so when did PAL stuff start working on NTSC consoles and televisions? There's a difference between region free and being a different standard your television and device use.
[/QUOTE]

The PS3 is region free (in that it doesn't care what region your game came from).

PAL will not work on an NTSC television, but the HD resolutions (720p, 1080i, 1080p) are global standards. I hope anyone ordering the PAL version for their NTSC setup has an HDTV.

Also not all DLC is region free. Without independent confirmation there is no guarantee that the all the DLC will be available.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']I love how you throw in your little ad click for all the links. EL OH EL.[/quote]

seriously not getting your sarcasm... maybe I need more sleep.

Glad I ordered the US one while it was cheap. Shame I bought the PAL one last week though. Oh well, both were still cheaper then a regular copy, and I can give the PAL one to a friend I guess. lol.

I ordered mine at 8 am and it went through tbut then got a back order message, I have never ordered from Go Gamer before, should I not expect to get one even if they restock it?

I ordered mine Today at around 2 am or so. It says the order is "Sourced" and that it is still processing in a green font. Can anyone with Gogamer experience tell me if this means I'm in the clear? I haven't recieved a backorder notice.

[quote name='KarlMarx']I ordered mine Today at around 2 am or so. It says the order is "Sourced" and that it is still processing in a green font. Can anyone with Gogamer experience tell me if this means I'm in the clear? [/quote]

That's exactly what happened when I ordered Halo Wars, and it went through fine.

[quote name='TwistedBishop']That's exactly what happened when I ordered Halo Wars, and it went through fine.[/quote]

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Picked up Prey and Call of Juarez.

For anyone that has played Call of Juarez on PC, how does quick drawing work? From what I've seen you use two analog sticks to move each gun independently. Is a 360 controller a must or can you use mouse+keyboard effectively?

[quote name='mikeyme']quick question, are these games in new condition?[/quote]

These are new sealed games. As far as I know gogamer only sells new games.

And if we are throwing out suggestions, being the only store to offer a deal on Halo Wars LE would certainly drive sales.

[quote name='xycury']

Would have wanted Settlers but it appeared OOS last night, didn't think that they could have restocked.[/quote]

If your still interested Settlers is instock again.

Yea I've heard people like the Settlers franchise but I never tried it so picked that up with the mouse and usb hub. I gotta go on a deals break, just say no lol. Prey is good but I already have it. Thx guys once again, you're burning my wallet! lol

Anyone know why they had dirt cheap shipping and ground shipping for the same price. I went with ground obviously and got a shipping confirmation today, nice.

I ordered mine and it went through for the $25 price a few days ago, but then I got that terrible "HOLD" Backorder message. Does anyone with Go Gamer purchasing experience know if I should expect to get one in the next 30 days? I don't want to lose out on the price

Anyone received the international pal version yet? Any comments? I had my cousin order it, not realizing it was PAL.. I hope he can still play it..

Dear GoGamer Customer,

I’m writing you today about your recent order for Little Big Planet for Sony PS3. Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your order as it currently stands. We did not have sufficient stock of the U.S. version of Little Big Planet at the time of your order and we do not anticipate receiving more units of the U.S. version any time soon. The $24.90 price you paid and the stock quantity in our system was set incorrectly by one of our employees. That employee no longer works for us. Unfortunately, we were unable to catch the error until the next morning after your order had been placed. We apologize for this mistake and any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We would like to offer you the following alternative for your order. We understand that this option may not interest you, if so we will cancel your order and refund you your money. Again, we apologize for this mistake.

Please respond to this email and let me know which option you prefer. If we do not hear from you by end of business Wednesday March 25th we will cancel your order automatically.

Option #1 – Substitute the Little Big Planet U.S. version with the Region Free Import version + Refund you $3.00 + send you a 10% OFF Coupon Code toward your next purchase at GoGamer.

Option #2 – Cancel your order and be given a full refund.

NOTE: If you have received this email than please be aware that we have not shipped your order. Even if you have received an email stating that we have shipped your order it has not shipped. This only applies to customers who have received this email.

Again, we apologize for this frustrating mistake and for any inconvenience and we hope that the substitution we have offered here provides some relief. We certainly understand if you want to cancel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jason Williams
General Manager
GoGamer.com

Just got this e-mail :(. It said my order shipped and everything too.

Yeah, I got the same e-mail. I'll have to go over it with the wife, since she's the one who really wanted the game in the first place. I'll probably bite on the EU version now, since it'll take a while before LBP goes greatest hits over here.

Just got that same email

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable, buying something, charged something. Last I thought a us site cant list and sell something for a price and say oops..lame option to get the PAL version for the same list price?(sorry I'd like to have downloadable content without hassle, kinda important for that game)
But the LIE about they dont have any in stock and dont plan too....I'm sorry how did you sell them all? if you didnt honor the price mistake. Just bite the bullet and eat the mistake, prob save them in the long run.

I'm going go get in a fender bender and tell the person I hit "its ok I wont pay to fix your car, I fired my left foot so its ok"

Maybe its my old age but I'm pretty bitter

i wonder if they had shipped any out...
dang was really hoping to had gotten this game for the price.
oh wells just gonna wait till it drops

[quote name='KarlMarx']

Option #1 – Substitute the Little Big Planet U.S. version with the Region Free Import version + Refund you $3.00 + send you a 10% OFF Coupon Code toward your next purchase at GoGamer.

[/quote]

Fail. I personally have never had a problem with GoGamer, but that's bait and switch. If they accept the order, charge your credit card and claim they're shipping then they better follow through, even if it's a mistake. Telling people they'll get a coupon if and only if they take the sub-par option is tacky and seems too much like a switch. If they're not honoring the price at all then they should give everyone coupons, regardless of whether they order the other version or not.

And no, I didn't get to order one of the $25 US copies. It just pisses me off that online retailers have the gall to pull this crap on people.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Fail. I personally have never had a problem with GoGamer, but that's bait and switch. If they accept the order, charge your credit card and claim they're shipping then they better follow through, even if it's a mistake. Telling people they'll get a coupon if and only if they take the sub-par option is tacky and seems too much like a switch. If they're not honoring the price at all then they should give everyone coupons, regardless of whether they order the other version or not.[/quote]

word.....mistakes do happen, but I agree this was a little shady

this was my reply to gogamer

If thats your offer, thats the first and last time I ever use your site.
I work in a hospital and if I made an error, I pay for that error.
Option #3 pay for your own mistake?..."we do not anticipate receiving more units of the U.S. version any time soon" I hope I dont see this in stock in the coming months, I'm not even an angry gamer but this "deal " was listed on multiple forums and they wont take that well.

ASAP via paypal

I got the email too. Decided just to cancel it. I'm a bit annoyed, but GoGamer has come through with really good deals lately. I can let this one slide.

If it was a bait and switch situation...a shady situation...they would have done this with everyone. I don't think everyone had their orders canceled. GoGamer screwed up, and if I ordered this from them, I'd be pissed, too. But I don't see this as them trying to pull one over on anyone. Besides, a bait and switch isn't all that effective online. In store, they lured you into the store and can now try to put a little pressure on you to buy. Online, they send you that e-mail, and you just tell them to stick it, and you want your money back.

so gogamer screwed up once as long as they fix it so it doesnt happen again and take care of the coustmers that it happened to thats all they can do.also cant wit for the next sale :)

Never had a problem with GoGamer before, and if it was a bait and switch they wouldnt have even offered options to try and fix it generally. They could have just flat out cancelled the order and said tough s**t, but they didnt. Anyways, I thought it was too good to be true, lol. Oh well...

Got the e-mail, cancelled the order. I guess I'm kind of pissed especially since they charged everybody already (IMO if an order being charged means the customer can no longer make changes, it should be the same for a retailer, pre-orders withstanding) but I'm not in a terrible hurry to play this game so I'm not as angry as I would have been if it was a deal on RE5 or something like that.

bread's done
Back