Live CAGcast Call-in Show - Thursday 4/24 - 9pm EST.

[quote name='LiK']was a fun show except for the trolls int he chat.[/quote]

'Twas indeed very fun. :)

Poor twen, he failed absolutely at trying to call-in. ;)

Just started listening to the download. No offense, but is there a technical reason as to why the audio quality is so horrible? Previous live shows didn't sound like this.

The show was very entertaining. I can't believe that guy actually hunted down Wombat and called in.

And little kids calling in FTL.

[quote name='Vegan']Just started listening to the download. No offense, but is there a technical reason as to why the audio quality is so horrible? Previous live shows didn't sound like this.[/quote]

Yea I know what you mean.

Cheapy should have done regular recording and done the live cast some other way.

The audio quality compared to other CAG casts is horrible!

Part of why I love the CAG cast so much is because the quality of the show is right up there with the top podcasts and professional radio.

Just something to think about next time.

[quote name='Vegan']Just started listening to the download. No offense, but is there a technical reason as to why the audio quality is so horrible? Previous live shows didn't sound like this.[/quote]

[quote name='vampireblood']Yea I know what you mean.

Cheapy should have done regular recording and done the live cast some other way.

The audio quality compared to other CAG casts is horrible!

Part of why I love the CAG cast so much is because the quality of the show is right up there with the top podcasts and professional radio.

Just something to think about next time.[/quote]

As I mentioned previously, this was not a regular CAGcast, just an informal call-in show. This will not be included in the RSS feed or on iTunes. It was just a way to fill the gap of the usual Friday show.

It took hours and hours of editing to get the previous live shows audio at the same quality of a pre-recorded CAGcast.

The difficulty stems from the fact that we have two hosts. Because Wombat is on the same audio channel as the callers, there is no easy way for me to mix the audio together. On the previous live shows, I had to work with 3 tracks my audio, wombat's audio, and the callers audio. I had to remove wombat's voice from the callers audio track and then edit all 3 tracks together which was made even more difficult because of the latency. I believe it took me about 8 hours of editing. I don't think I'm too excited (or able) to put in that kind of time again.

We didn't even bother recording ourselves locally for this. I just used NowLive.com's recording of the show, which is at a very low bit rate (24kbps).

If it was just me (or just Wombat) and the callers, I would imagine the editing job would be infinitely easier.

Okay Cheapy. I get it now.

Perhaps you should try some other services next time for a live show. I know it might piss CAGs off, if you keep changing but I'm sure there's got to be a higher quality live podcast site similar to NowLive.com

Oh well I'm listening right now and it's pretty good so far.

Thanks for the reply, recording a podcast seems so easy. Who knew it was really so complicated? That's too bad that NowLive only records at 24kbps; you'd think they'd want their service represented better.

And again, I don't mean any disrespect. We all know you work hard, I was just curious what the difference was.

Man, you could not have spend at least 2 seconds updating the ID3 tag of the mp3 file? That is pretty informal

maybe Cheapy can do a Saturday Live show next time so we can have more international dudes. but it was pretty crazy already with a max of 279 people in the room.

btw, when Cheapy hangs up on people, that's part of the fun. ;)

I am going to listen just beacuse of all the spoilerific GTAIV talk.

I don't want to see anything about the game before I play it.

I thought the GTA4 talk was pretty clean. Very little (or none) of the main campaign was even discussed and only a bit of pleasant side info on the multiplayer was given out.

I'm so excited to hear that people that played it are both quite pleased and amazed by the game.

shouldn't of tried listening it to it on my POS computer. Firefox crashed several times before i had to just give up. thanks for puttin up the mp3, Cheapy. at least i won't miss out completely.

doing this show is good practice... may cheapy and Wombat can do their own radio show one day on satellite radio. both of you have good radio voices.

[quote name='Beanopolis']I thought the GTA4 talk was pretty clean. Very little (or none) of the main campaign was even discussed and only a bit of pleasant side info on the multiplayer was given out.

I'm so excited to hear that people that played it are both quite pleased and amazed by the game.[/quote]

Yeah, the discussion involved very few aspects of the game and no bits of the story. So fear not, you can listen to the Live CAGcast. :)

God, that was painful. There's a lot to be said for the CAGbag when Cheapy filters the questions to get to the good ones. Nothing against my fellow CAGers but live audience participation is almost always bad on on all live shows, from local radio to MTV to Attack of the Show. The only time it works is on programs like Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony because they goof on the callers.

[quote name='banodyne']God, that was painful. There's a lot to be said for the CAGbag when Cheapy filters the questions to get to the good ones. Nothing against my fellow CAGers but live audience participation is almost always bad on on all live shows, from local radio to MTV to Attack of the Show. The only time it works is on programs like Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony because they goof on the callers.[/quote]

yea, no offense to my fellow CAGS but i only found 2-3 callers who had good questions or comments. it seems like some are high or sleepy and they were clueless about what they were calling in about. some tried to be funny when they should've just let Wombat and Cheapy tell the jokes.

i think Cheapy should do a live show where we can ask questions in the chatroom. i tried requesting that but it was futile.

[quote name='LiK']

i think Cheapy should do a live show where we can ask questions in the chatroom. i tried requesting that but it was futile.[/quote]

I think that is a good idea for a show. They just need a better way to submit questions because when there are 200+ people in the room chatting along with 10-20 who are just spamming and typing jibberish not much gets accomplished. Way too much garbage to sort though.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I think that is a good idea for a show. They just need a better way to submit questions because when there are 200+ people in the room chatting along with 10-20 who are just spamming and typing jibberish not much gets accomplished. Way too much garbage to sort though.[/quote]

haha, yea, there were some weirdos in the room who had too much time to spam and troll before they were finally banned. Once they were gone, it was fun again. Cheapy, make me a MOD next time please. ;)

Definitely need a call screener and a way to adjust people's audio if you do this again. Overall it was cool for the change of pace, but like it was said earlier... some of the hiccups were painful.

[quote name='LiK']haha, yea, there were some weirdos in the room who had too much time to spam and troll before they were finally banned. Once they were gone, it was fun again. Cheapy, make me a MOD next time please. ;)[/quote]

I'm glad they eventually figured out how to actually ban the trolls. #-o

Cheapy needs to learn to not hang up on the callers, if you answered them you have to give them the time and not cut them off when you want. Cheapy seemed especially douchey, more than normal.

[quote name='banodyne']God, that was painful. There's a lot to be said for the CAGbag when Cheapy filters the questions to get to the good ones. Nothing against my fellow CAGers but live audience participation is almost always bad on on all live shows, from local radio to MTV to Attack of the Show. The only time it works is on programs like Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony because they goof on the callers.[/quote]

Yeah I agree. I appreciate the effort to give us more show Cheapy, but it was pretty bad. It seemed like all the callers were so desperate to lick your ass up and down they called regardless of having any worthwhile undiscussed questions. Wombat didn't help things move along with his pizza joke. It's bad enough we have to wait for the caller to figure out he's on the air let alone being confused again by Wombat's bad jokes. I know this was just a hold over to the next show, I just dont want live call-ins to leak into the regular show again.

[quote name='LiK']yea, no offense to my fellow CAGS but i only found 2-3 callers who had good questions or comments. it seems like some are high or sleepy and they were clueless about what they were calling in about. some tried to be funny when they should've just let Wombat and Cheapy tell the jokes.

i think Cheapy should do a live show where we can ask questions in the chatroom. i tried requesting that but it was futile.[/quote]

I was afraid of this. I've had a bad day and I want to listen to a good cagcast tonight. But live shows always have people trying to be funny when they're clearly not. There has to be a filter. I haven't listened yet, so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='sdp']Cheapy needs to learn to not hang up on the callers, if you answered them you have to give them the time and not cut them off when you want. Cheapy seemed especially douchey, more than normal.[/quote]
Sorry to disagree but he needed that to keep it moving. Otherwise you get the squeeky voiced kids with their printed out lists refusing to get off the stage. :roll: As soon as you hear an underage squeeker pull the plug. I get enough of them on Xbox Live. And the stoners too. 4/20 was your day. Move along.

The Live show was great!

A tip for next time would be to write down multiple questions in case your question gets asked earlier and your stuck coming up with a lame question about Home like I did haha.

It was an enjoyable live show, I noticeably heard the audio quality on my ipod (when i put on the live show) but it wasn't that bad...its just too bad you couldn't hear the forums when Josh called in ;)

I'm pleasantly surprised. Aside from the kids calling in, it wasn't bad. The sound quality was pretty terrible though.

Great offort, horrible sound quality though and not only the callers. Have you guys tried Ustream? The couple of live shows MOG have done have been pretty good.

Although like all live stream shows, lag will always be a problem I guess.

bread's done
Back