LIVE NOW (12/20): new $10 off $100 + $10 off $50 voucher (later) at Amazon (w/MC)

pinoy81

CAGiversary!
EDIT 2: Deal is live as of 12/20, 12 AM PST.

EDIT: looks like it's happening again on 12/20, so check the link at that time. This is a heads-up:

Mastercard and Amazon have a promotion up (today only?) where you get $10 off a $100 purchase + a voucher for a future $10 off $50 purchase. Only requirement is to make your purchase using a mastercard and use the following promo code

Looks like it's a user-generated code:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...-002&tag=cheapassgam08-20&camp=19495352023019

They had something similar last month and earlier this month but it looks like it's back and can be used again!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pinoy81']Mastercard and Amazon have a promotion up (today only?) where you get $10 off a $100 purchase + a voucher for a future $10 off $50 purchase. Only requirement is to make your purchase using a mastercard and use the following promo code

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...-002&tag=cheapassgam08-20&camp=19495352023019

They had something similar last month but it looks like it's back and can be used again![/QUOTE]

Might want to change the title. It's $10 off a $100 purchase and a voucher several weeks later for another $10 off a $50 purchase. So, you need to spend $150 total to get $20 off.

[quote name='dchrisd']Thanks for the info, but horribly misleading title.[/QUOTE]

It's not misleading, it's outright inaccurate. Misleading would have been to say, "$20 off $150."

fix the damn title!
22.gif

Hope this works on a combo of BF3,Fifa 12, and Madden 09..Totals up to $100.45..Should be able to..Ill try it tmr..since i live in cali this offer started at 11 over here

Did anyone get their second code from the first one of these? Used the 10 of 100 but never got the code for the 10 off 50.

EDIT - Hmmm... and now I can't get this one to work... is it Mastercard that hates me or Amazon?
EDIT 2 - My own fault... one of the items was "Fulfilled by Amazon" but sold by someone else. Put in another item and it worked.

[quote name='cheapieee']Wish I had a MC :([/QUOTE]

Thanks, OP! Nice perk when impulse buying a guitar this morning. Worked with my MC debit card.

Thanks for the post. Used it on a pair of Mens Sorel 64 Reserve Boots which were already 50% with the additional 25% off boots sale going on. Amazon may have sucked this year with games but they still have some killer deals on non VG related merchandise. I have been eyeing those boots for a long time.

Thanks again!

I was able to use this promo even though the total charged to my MC debit card was only ~$3. I bought a new baby seat for my car.

Items: $137.98
Shipping & Handling: $20.09
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 (MC promo)
Super Saver Discount: -$20.09
------
Total Before Tax: $127.98
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
------
Total: $127.98
Gift Certificate/Card: -$125.00
------
Order Total: $2.98

The gift cards were purchased with egift cards from the Google Offers $20 for $10 deal from Toys r US

You bought something at Amazon using a gift card from Toys R US?

[quote name='yukonrye']I was able to use this promo even though the total charged to my MC debit card was only ~$3. I bought a new baby seat for my car.

Items: $137.98
Shipping & Handling: $20.09
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 (MC promo)
Super Saver Discount: -$20.09
------
Total Before Tax: $127.98
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
------
Total: $127.98
Gift Certificate/Card: -$125.00
------
Order Total: $2.98

The gift cards were purchased with egift cards from the Google Offers $20 for $10 deal from Toys r US[/QUOTE]

[quote name='batrick']You bought something at Amazon using a gift card from Toys R US?[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, its one of the best things one can use those TRU GC's on. I am planning on doing the same with the remainder of my GC money.

How do you do it? They are two separate stores?

I agree that I'd much rather have Amazon credit than TRU credit!

[quote name='batrick']You bought something at Amazon using a gift card from Toys R US?[/QUOTE]

TRU sells Amazon Kindle gift cards. Though they say "Kindle" they can be used for anything on Amazon (this is not a glitch either, it is explicitly stated on the gift card). I used the $20 for $10 coupon from Google to buy electronic gift cards from TRU online. I then took those egift cards to a TRU store and bought the Amazon cards. No tax no fees.

[quote name='yukonrye']TRU sells Amazon Kindle gift cards. Though they say "Kindle" they can be used for anything on Amazon (this is not a glitch either, it is explicitly stated on the gift card). I used the $20 for $10 coupon from Google to buy electronic gift cards from TRU online. I then took those egift cards to a TRU store and bought the Amazon cards. No tax no fees.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that makes sense, thanks!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Could you do these more than once?

I.e. Buy something for $100 twice in 2 separate transactions and get 2 $10 credit?[/QUOTE]

No, it only works once. Also, you can't use the code on the next one of these deals.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Didn't pay attention to this promo last time. Is it valid on pre-orders? I wanna redo my Vita order if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Yep, did this myself. 240.98 with release date delivery and a future $10 off $50 code. And after the fact if you're so inclined you can apply credit up to the full value of the order.

Last time they did this promo, I was able to place an order where both my MC and AMZN credit were listed as payment methods. I had more than enough credit to cover the order, so even though $0 was applied to the MC, it still took off the $10.

That didn't work this time.

Had I known it wouldn't have worked...and had I thought about changing the payment method after the order was placed...I wouldn't have just pissed away a $10 promotional credit.

Oh well. Win some, lose some.

You can use all gift card credit, as long as you still select Mastercard. So my order total was about $96 and with tax $100.25 and -$10 credit applied. So I had a $100 credit in my account and I still have about $3.06 in my account. I can't wait to get my -$10 on a future order.

I can't find anything to buy... I would have jumped on the 320gb PS3 earlier, but Amazon pulled the $50 GC now...
Edit, NM... Ordered some books and pre-ordered Dragon's Crown for Vita and RE: Operation Raccoon City LE, yeah, it's pretty easy to spend $100+ on Amazon.

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone know when we get the $10 off a $50 purchase?[/QUOTE]

For the one in mid-November I got the code after 3 weeks. For the one in early December I've still not gotten the code. So a pattern of 3 weeks looks accurate.

Deal is coming back AGAIN on 12/20!

[quote name='pinoy81']EDIT: looks like it's happening again on 12/20, so check the link at that time. This is a heads-up:

Mastercard and Amazon have a promotion up (today only?) where you get $10 off a $100 purchase + a voucher for a future $10 off $50 purchase. Only requirement is to make your purchase using a mastercard and use the following promo code

They had something similar last month and earlier this month but it looks like it's back and can be used again![/QUOTE]

Wonder if this credit works on preorders? Say a PS Vita for example.

EDIT: By credit I mean the $10 off $100 purchase. Looked under terms and conditions and saw nothing about excluding preorders.

[quote name='crazedimp321']Wonder if this credit works on preorders? Say a PS Vita for example.

EDIT: By credit I mean the $10 off $100 purchase. Looked under terms and conditions and saw nothing about excluding preorders.[/QUOTE]

This DOES work on preorders, according to an earlier post. :lol:

[quote name='karyadi']You can use all gift card credit, as long as you still select Mastercard.[/QUOTE]Well, as I stated in my post, this was not the case on the second code. At least for me. It did work this way on the first code, however.

I'll give this 3rd chance a go and make sure there's at least a couple cents that spill over onto the MC this time.

bread's done
Back