Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps talking about them making money on these games. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how, exactly, are they making money? There aren't any banners on the search pages, and I don't see any sponsored links being clicked.

I was under the impression that the site is nothing more than Microsoft buying its way into a larger market share in the search engine war with google. Rather than spend millions on trying to advertise their search engine, they just spent those dollars on prizes for the heaviest users instead. Am I wrong?

i just recently got and email saying that i had ordered 2 Zunes on one of my accounts so they refunded me 20,000 tickets. Should I go for Camera or get some small prizes.

[quote name='Mister8bal']Have you guys gotten the surveys? There is a lot of questions that sounded like they are trying to decide if they should still keep the Live Search Club.[/quote]

Nope, no surveys for me.

[quote name='WarriorBlake']Ditto. No sign on my 2/16 360 or my 3/27 FS X, but still praying at least my 360 comes soon![/quote]

I'm still waiting on Zoo Tycoon from December. Let's see if it comes.

Crap, the Roomba and the 360 are both gone? Those were the only two prizes I was still considering playing for. :(

Oh well, I guess I could go for Rock Band or the Camcorder. I haven't gotten this survey people are talking about so I hope I don't waste my time playing and then the site shuts down.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Wow... I got a shipping email for Rock Band today... 5 days after getting the package. xD[/QUOTE]
LOL! That is so typical of them.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Wow... I got a shipping email for Rock Band today... 5 days after getting the package. xD[/quote]

I got my Rock Band shipping email today too. At least it wasn't a whole month later like my 360 email. :p It would still be nice to know beforehand so that I know something's coming and don't miss the FedEx delivery.

Just ordered the ZX-6000 Chat Headset. I've been wanting a new mic, so this is perfect, and I can't beat free (especially when it's $80 at Best Buy and Circuit City!) I'm very excited. :)

I had a dream last night that I had a Zune at my house when I got home from classes... I was way excited, and it was a pink zune nontheless. That increased my excitement ten-fold. Then I woke up, and was sad...

I got my Rock Band shipping notice today. It says that it was delivered but no one was there to sign for it. Do they just try again the next day?

[quote name='CaWris']I got my Rock Band shipping notice today. It says that it was delivered but no one was there to sign for it. Do they just try again the next day?[/quote]No they take it and sell it on ebay. Just kidding ya they usually try the next day.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']I had a dream last night that I had a Zune at my house when I got home from classes... I was way excited, and it was a pink zune nontheless. That increased my excitement ten-fold. Then I woke up, and was sad...[/quote]

I question your sanity.......

[quote name='Mister8bal']Is the new "Zune" prize an actual zune or is it just a carrying case for a zune?[/quote]

It's hard to tell. The name for the prize and ticket value of it makes it seem like it's a Zune. But then the description makes it seem like just a carrying case. That would be so stupid to have a 20K carrying case up there though.

[quote name='Mister8bal']Is the new "Zune" prize an actual zune or is it just a carrying case for a zune?[/quote]

For 20k, it BETTER be the zune! And the leather cases are back too.

btw, if any of you have noticed, but when you get your prize it gives you the address of the sender and its a suite. which means the site is running by like 5 people in on place. its a suite, which means its a small room or and apartment.

I have an idea if anyone wants to try it. Not sure if you can do it, but the day you get a prize, act "dumb" and ask where your prize is at. I wander if they will send a "cheater" email if you do since you may no get a conformation email.

Ok, I'm confused.

If anyone remembers there are (still are?) 3 types of headsets on the LSC site.
-USB Gaming Headphones
-Bluetooth Single Ear
-Standard Ear Buds

At some time or another I ordered all three pairs.

Awhile back (one month ish) I got three USB Gaming Headsets. Later (2 weeks ago) I got some Sony Stereo Headphones ( I assumed these were the earbuds). Today I got two Coby Stereo Headphones (like the Sony ones except bigger).

Anyway, I am wondering why I got two different kinds of earbuds but never got the bluetooth. One possibility is that they substituted the bluetooth headphones with a different kind of stereo headphones. I'm not complaining, just wondering what is going on. Anybody else get these mystery headphones today?

The Zune prize looks like a bag, and when you click on it, it says:

For carrying your Zune and Zune accessories on the go. Includes:
main compartment
zipped front pocket
2 mesh side pockets
draw string closure

So, I'm not sure. I'd say it's a zune, but, you never know....

Back around July of last year, I ordered several items. Two vistas, XBL Arcade Unplugged, a headset, and some headphones. I only picked the headphones because after ordering the other stuff I didn't have enough points for anything better. I never received any of those items.

But today I got the headphones in the mail. Thanks, Live Club.

This is sad I haven't gotten anything in the last 2 weeks not a zune or anything until today and I got some Coby Headphones which I never ordered.

Also I've noticed most of the people recieveing their prizes (The Bigger prizes like zunes ,keyboards.) ordered in december at the latest not in july or august when most people were playing and ordered.

i know we all hate writing in to live search.. but has anyone written them about the zune bag? can it really be a worthless bag that's worth 20k? id have to be crazy to believe that?

To all the people that lost hope, don't, after 9 months waiting, no you didn't read that wrong, NINE MONTHS! i got a set of earphones, set of usb drives, a T-Shirt and a laptop tote... which strangely had a note attached saying "Thank you for Beta-testing windows live Messenger" but still, i did get a rather large amount of prizes that i ordered with two of the three of my accounts, if i get the Zune and Flight Simulator X, i will have gotten all the prizes.

which is strange because four weeks ago i contacted them, and they said they inspected my account and due to suspicious activity i have been denied prizes and am not allowed to make any more inquiries or something like that, so im not sure why i got all those prizes in the last three days.

anyway, that's just how it is.

btw, not nuked or botted, clean accounts.

[quote name='neverletthem']The Zune prize looks like a bag, and when you click on it, it says: For carrying your Zune and Zune accessories on the go. Includes:
main compartment
zipped front pocket
2 mesh side pockets
draw string closure

So, I'm not sure. I'd say it's a zune, but, you never know....[/quote]

You forgot to add this part of the description. "MS ZUNE 30GB - Red"

[quote name='conchopearl']You forgot to add this part of the description. "MS ZUNE 30GB - Red"[/quote]
Exactly! I mean, I don't want anyone to jump on it and order it just so mine actually goes out in a reasonable amount of time, but seriously, why would the title be "MS Zune 30GB - Red" if it weren't a 30GB Zune?

got my windows entertainment 7000 wireless keyboard/mouse combo on tuesday. Very nice combo, and the keyboard has a 30 foot range....now all i need is a tv that i can use 30 feet away

Just got one of those Windows Messenger Totes in the mail today - ordered July 11th of 07'.

This is the third prize I've gotten in the past 30 days or so, all of them were ordered over 9 months ago.

Edit: Oh sweet, just found an old account that I had 20k on - ordered one of those new Zunes.

[quote name='bugsomeoneelse']HAHA at you guys spending 20,000 for a little bag.[/quote]
Look at the "bag" now. I can't blame you for your skepiticism.

They updated the main picture and description of the Zune, but when you click on the picture it shows the right description with the bag picture. At least it gives me peace of mind that my order was actually for a Zune.

My brother, who turned me on to LSC, has been getting prizes all along, some had been delayed a little, but he's gotten all of them. He had a Flight Sim take about 3 months, but he just got a copy of Vista and it only took around 4 weeks to get to him. My first purchase was a couple of "common" 360 controllers, it's been 9 weeks and I haven't seen them yet. Here's to hoping. I've sinced ordered the red Zune, Flight Sim X and the vx-6000 life cam. Never have I used bots, although I did use some of the helper sites, I never fully relied on them, just used them as helpers.

They updated the Zune info. Now it says:

MS ZUNE 30GB - Red
30 GB. Holds up to 7,500 songs, or 25,000 pictures, or 100 hours of video
Beautiful color screen
Wireless Zune-to-Zune sharing
Recorded TV or movies to go
Built-in FM radio
www.zune.com for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back